• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
This maybe a little OT, but does anyone know what happened to woo and indeed hoo? Are they taking a break from SteamGAF?

One level away from beating Ride to Hell.
I can do it!

Here's a pic of a soldier getting hit with paint-filled waterbaloon.
ibrmNk4sPmOfWE.jpg

So what am I supposed to do with the whole one M&M code I have that I can no longer submit it for $6 dollars worth of free steam monies? That was my meal ticket during the summer sale because I'm poor. :(

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
1 week until Gods Will Be Watching is out.

I just posted the OT for it. I also left some impressions of it from when I played it at PAX East, if anyone is curious. There's also a demo which is pretty indicative of what the game more or less plays like.

Sucks that it was pushed back from June to July, won't be able to pick up, same with Unrest. Always the future sales and bundles though.

woo and indeed hoo was two people?

Why else would the name be "woo and indeed hoo?" :p

Mokoi

Banned
the only good thing about this debacle is that my new avatar is going to be godlike, it is afterall made by german hands

Well I hope so. Needs less animu in it for starters.

1 week until Gods Will Be Watching is out.

I just posted the OT for it. I also left some impressions of it from when I played it at PAX East, if anyone is curious. There's also a demo which is pretty indicative of what the game more or less plays like.

Game looks interesting. Thanks for putting up a OT.

So what am I supposed to do with the whole one M&M code I have that I can no longer submit it for $6 dollars worth of free steam monies? That was my meal ticket during the summer sale because I'm poor. :(

Give it to morningbus.

milena87

Finally beat Dishonored after a total playtime of 24 hours on hard. Damn that was a long game. Now for the dlc.

Yep, it took me around that time as well. Did you also play with no upgrades and no kills? That's what I did for my first playthrough. I loved my little piles of sleeping guards.

I should really buy this game on PC with the DLCs at some point.

tylerf

Over 12 hours into Divinity, feels like I've barely even begun. Glad I gave up on winning a raffle and just bought it. :p

milena87

Over 12 hours into Divinity, feels like I've barely even begun. Glad I gave up on winning a raffle and just bought it. :p

It's a great game. I have around 40 hours now and I just began exploring the second map.

Stealing every single thing and pickpocket almost everyone is a lengthy process :p

So I think it was on Rock Paper Shotgun I read that Wolfenstein: New Order was a sequel of sorts to Raven's Wolfenstein from 2009. Since I own the game I figured I'd install it and give Wolf '09 another shot. I played it for about two hours back when it first came out, got bored and gave up. I'm mainly interested in Wolfenstein '09 because of its connection to New Order, things like Caroline Becker and BJ's relationship. It's alluded when they first meet in New Order but their connection, their past history isn't really explained in any sort of detail and I'd kind of like to see what it is. Along with whatever other connections Wolf '09 has to New Order.

Man, the difference between the two games is night and day. Both games are dealing with a fantastic revisionist history but Wolfenstein '09 is so campy, cheesy and one dimensional compared to New Order. The difference between the two is pretty well summed up by their different takes on BJ Blazkowicz.

Wolfenstein '09 said:

Wolfenstein: The New Order said:

Blazkowicz in Wolf '09 is a generic brown haired 30 something white guy that would be perfectly at home in so many games from the last generation whereas Blazkowicz in New Order looks like the original sprite re-imagined for a modern game.

Another thing that really jumps out is the quality of the voice work. In New Order the language and accents--Polish, German, English--all sound genuine. In Wolf '09 it sounds like a bunch of American voice actors making terri-bad German accents. It's so jarring that it constantly takes me out of the game.

Both games have a central hub that you return to between missions, but Isenstadt is just a claustrophobic town that you run through, shoot stuff and explore for secrets like any other level in Wolf '09, it's not the change in pace that New Orders Kreisau Circle Berlin headquarters is. In New Order there's lore to absorb, characters to listen, little quests to complete...or you can simply rush on through to the next level.

From a gameplay perspective Wolfenstein '09 feels super kludgy, I feel like I constantly have to be in the veil to simply get decent movement speed. Otherwise the game moves at a crawl. Wolf '09 is kind of run and gun-y but it kind of isn't as well with the whole "get behind cover, you need to regenerate health" schtick.

I'll keep playing Wolf '09 but it definitely hasn't aged well nor does it compare well against New Order.

It's a great game. I have around 40 hours now and I just began exploring the second map.

Stealing every single thing and pickpocket almost everyone is a lengthy process :p
Same, plates, gold cups and paintings were my primary source of income until I have emptied Cyseal.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Same, plates, gold cups and paintings were my primary source of income until I have emptied Cyseal.

When playing Skyrim I'd use the console to increase my carry weight whenever I hit the limit so I could continue pilfering literally everything. My 80-odd hour save disappeared but I must have had well over 1,000 cabbages and the like, haha.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lost Civilization -- MB-B6FCD2B0676EBC3F - Taken by deejay. 3 entrants total.

t1405583828z1.png

milena87

Yep, I've ammassed around 80K after Cyseal.

There's just one elusive magical lock that I'll need to come back to.

When playing Skyrim I'd use the console to increase my carry weight whenever I hit the limit so I could continue pilfering literally everything. My 80-odd hour save disappeared but I must have had well over 1,000 cabbages and the like, haha.

Ahah. Thankfully I never had this impulse in a TES game. I did pickpocket every interesting person I found, though.

-Deimos

Yep, it took me around that time as well. Did you also play with no upgrades and no kills? That's what I did for my first playthrough. I loved my little piles of sleeping guards.

I should really buy this game on PC with the DLCs at some point.

I tried to be non-lethal for the most part, only got a few kills per mission. I upgraded too, it just didn't seem fun without the powers.

Shadownet

Banned
Thanks man. I really appreciate it. It makes my mood better seeing that so many people wish me the best.

Yeah. There was this real pic january "event" in january here on GAF where a lot of people changed their avatar to real pics of themsevles and I didnt bother changing the avatar back.

You're a cool looking guy Chuck :D I think we have the same glasses!

Mono

So, I ate the worst Chinese food in the entire world for dinner in my room right before playing Guacamelee. Now whenever I think about Guacamelee, I remember the putrid smell of the bad Chinese food and kind of never want to play it again, oh no!!

Guacamelee is great, though! You guys should all try it out if you haven't already. I'm loving the art style a lot.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Blazkowicz in Wolf '09 is a generic brown haired 30 something white guy that would be perfectly at home in so many games from the last generation whereas Blazkowicz in New Order looks like the original sprite re-imagined for a modern game.

I've never really noticed it before, but 09 Blazkowicz really looks like Alex Shepherd.

Are any of those any good?

The Samaritan Paradox is supposed to be a pretty decent old style point and click adventure game.

milena87

I tried to be non-lethal for the most part, only got a few kills per mission. I upgraded too, it just didn't seem fun without the powers.

Well, I kind of agree. My second playthrough was a high chaos one where I killed everything that moved. It was more fun, but I found my first playthrough more rewarding.

I must add that I'm kinda crazy when it comes to this type of games :p

dot

So, I ate the worst Chinese food in the entire world for dinner in my room right before playing Guacamelee. Now whenever I think about Guacamelee, I remember the putrid smell of the bad Chinese food and kind of never want to play it again, oh no!!

Guacamelee is great, though! You guys should all try it out if you haven't already. I'm loving the art style a lot.

If it smelled bad why did you eat it then you silly person?

I should get around to playing Guacamelee one day...

Relax.MX

First of all thanks to Dupy for Transformers Wars of Cybertron. :).

I finished the Decepticons campaign on coop in hard(4 hours). Is just awesome mindless fun. The game has a very good gameplay dynamic. With a good use of the franchise(Michael Bay fuck you)

In the other hand is a lazy console port with lack of communication on the online mode, with a sad 30 fps.

Do it people.

(And other thing always are people playing the coop campign.)

AngerdX

Well i was in for a rude awakening on just how badly i suck in Payday2. heh

I do wish voice chat would have become better by now, darn hard playing htese games without for me, old FPS injury, makes me having a hard time paying attention to text chats ingame. :)

wilflare

I don't get PAYDAY2 at all. I'm just horrible...

---
What does it mean when you no longer enjoy anything you eat but you just eat anyway?

wilflare

Wrong. Dark Souls 2 was "created" to run at 30fps, and they released a 60fps version on PC that ran like a dream - but all the animations are for the 30fps version of the game, which is where all those gifs of people getting hit by monsters when they were way the hell out of the way came from.

Also, weapon durability was tied to framerate as well, meaning on PC weapons degraded TWICE AS FAST from use.

this is from the TLoU thread.
insert itsmedio.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom