• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
so i want to buy FF14, but ti's not available here in Korea for steam.

is there a way i can make it so that steam thinks i'm in the US?

Can I use VPN to buy game, then disconnect VPN to download?

You need a payment method local to the region to complete a purchase, but faking your location isn't something Valve takes kindly to, anyway. I'm sure a US GAFer will be willing to help you out.

Edit: Actually, I can help you out (it's not Aussie Taxed here). PM me your Steam Community URL.

You need a payment method local to the region to complete a purchase, but faking your location isn't something Valve takes kindly to, anyway. I'm sure a US GAFer will be willing to help you out.

that's fine. I have a US credit card. i can just use that, but it's just not showing up.

can someone buy it from the US and then gift it to me?

Deques

It's not really advisable to buy games through VPN as it can get you banned.

JaseC

Tellaerin

I really think this is one of the most shitty birthdays I ever had. I wish I could somehow enjoy it but since hearing some news a few minutes ago, I feel really down right now...
When I come home no one will be there, just me.

Happy birthday, man. : / Sorry to hear things aren't going so well right now, but don't be too quick to write off your birthday as a loss. The day's not over yet. : ) Do something nice for yourself - eat at a restaurant you like, or have something delivered. Play that one game you've always been wanting to play, but never seem to get around to. Call your gf and let her know you're thinking of her. Then crack open a beer, kick back, and congratulate yourself on surviving another year. Your SteamGAF family may not be able to throw you a party, but you'd better believe we're all wishing you the best right now.

I went on a student exchange to Wisconsin... and yea :p even college students make that mistake.. Best part was the quizzed look and the question "everyone speaks English in Singapore?"

Everyone except Ris Low. :p

Caerith

If you want to play it, maybe just get it off Steam. S-E only puts their MMOs on Steam to cash in on the +1 gamecount crowd, with no achievements or cards or whatever.

AngerdX

Ooopps missed a birthday, ohh well congrats Chuck, sorry to hear you got a rough start on the day, hope it gets better later on. :)

Now if anyone is up for some Payday2 just invite me, just know i do suck a bit heh

zkylon

zkylewd
finished transistor, what a weird game, tho can't say one i liked

the formula for me to like it is right there, all the cool elements are present but the delivery is so lukewarm, the world and characters were interesting but never given enough time to be really experienced and i don't like the realtime/turn based thing about the combat, i really wish they disallowed you from acting in real time and made everything slower so dodging shit was actually a possibility

it's weird cos female protagonist+disjointed storytelling+voiced soundtrack+noir+beautiful art is all amazing for me, even reading about characters from leveling weapons is really cool and the kind of shit i go crazy for, but as a whole the game fell flat for me and never really grabbed me like bastion did.

like you never really get to know the camerata or cloudbank or red or the transistor except only superficially. you get a 'feel' for both and that's cool but it's not enough. nowhere near to the level of bastion characters/universe. themes are a lot more lite and high concept too

and like for me combat was just simple and tedious. i guess a lot of people thought about bastion too but i enjoyed bastion a lot, there were little secrets and items and weapons "loadouts" to make that may not have been as "modular" as this but tbh transistor's thing felt like a gimmick.

really disappointment of the year so far, if i'm not missing anything and not counting unsatisfactorily kawaiiless league of legends skins, i'm really bummed about this game being not so great

Happy birthday, man. : / Sorry to hear things aren't going so well right now, but don't be too quick to write off your birthday as a loss. The day's not over yet. : ) Do something nice for yourself - eat at a restaurant you like, or have something delivered. Play that one game you've always been wanting to play, but never seem to get around to. Call your gf and let her know you're thinking of her. Then crack open a beer, kick back, and congratulate yourself on surviving another year. Your SteamGAF family may not be able to throw you a party, but you'd better believe we're all wishing you the best right now.
p

Thanks man. I really appreciate it. It makes my mood better seeing that so many people wish me the best.

I always wondered. is that you in your avatar Chuck?

Yeah. There was this real pic january "event" in january here on GAF where a lot of people changed their avatar to real pics of themsevles and I didnt bother changing the avatar back.

JaseC

Valve's added the sale price in addition to the listing price in the user listing overview section:

blahm2ste.jpg

This was a long time coming, especially with the new system not showing individual listings and thus making it a little hard to ascertain where exactly your listing lies among the handful of groups mentioned.

Miletius

Hoping for Wolfenstein at 50 percent off this weekend. Been eyeing it on Amazon ever since I passed on it during the summer sale, but been pretty good about not buying it. Still with some good news today, I'm looking to do a little dunk and buying Wolf at an acceptable price would qualify.

JaseC

Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (JaseC, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Lost Civilization -- MB-18A1E8AF06AA9170 - Taken by KainXVIII
Strategic War in Europe -- MB-A8744FC94E71C905 - Taken by Boom Boom Pow
Swipecart -- MB-DB534E206AC516B5 - Taken by Scipius
Rogue Shooter: The FPS Roguelike -- MB-798FF78B82E6D793 - Taken by The Dear Leader
Echo of the Wilds -- MB-DFBA1AAF77D5388E - Taken by Newblade
A.I.M. 2: Clan Wars -- MB-62EBFC916CD8ACAC - Taken by drakaenae

Kanokare

Huguustable it's all your fault! We went to go do de_castle and forgot you were the one who needed it. Went 14-16 and then I asked "Who needed castle anyways?"

:| Haha GG though. I think we're getting castle down at least.

It's not like we won.

Yeah lol it was fun XD

Hugstable

Banned
Huguustable it's all your fault! We went to go do de_castle and forgot you were the one who needed it. Went 14-16 and then I asked "Who needed castle anyways?"

:| Haha GG though. I think we're getting castle down at least.

Hugstable, we just played Castle to do your mission and you weren't even here. :mad:

Haha at least we won at Cobble and Whatever that cluster fuck second map was. That no scope scout headshot though was amazing. Me forgetting I had the bomb at the plant site the first round was not so amazing -_-

The rage from that first game was real though. Dude was down by 1 round and he rage quit hahah

NEO0MJ

Just as terrible as it is on every other platform.

That's unfortunate, I as really hoping it would be good.

I heard that during stormy nights, if you ask about Strider on Steamgaf 3 times, the angry spirit of Corrosivefrost appears and eats your toes

he also says that game is made by hitler and everytime you play it a puppy dies

Don't be rediculous I still ha...wait, where are my toes?!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Just to be perfectly clear: The Shantea game is the same one as is available on 3DS right?

nobody is who you see on their avatars

except Evilore

or Kirosia
(in my dreams)

Except for January

JaseC

I hate that the only way to obtain the Darksiders OST DLC is to buy the franchise pack. Maybe I should try asking Nordic for a key and mention that I own both versions of Darksiders.

Just to be perfectly clear: The Shantea game is the same one as is available on 3DS right?

The original Shantae is on 3DS by way of Virtual Console. Risky's Revenge is the sequel that was until yesterday iOS and DSi-exclusive.

dot

Has anyone else who has tried Soul Gambler having trouble starting up the game too? It freezes me at the purple loading screen and i can't do anything else. I already validated the files, that didn't work...

Valve's added the sale price in addition to the listing price in the user listing overview section:

blahm2ste.jpg

This was a long time coming, especially with the new system not showing individual listings and thus making it a little hard to ascertain where exactly your listing lies among the handful of groups mentioned.

Nice, i'm glad they added that.

zkylon

zkylewd
I read it.

It justified me waiting even more than I already was for a good deal. Now it has to be pretty good.
aww thanks bby

I hate that the only way to obtain the Darksiders OST DLC is to buy the franchise pack. Maybe I should try asking Nordic for a key and mention that I own both versions of Darksiders.
how about you ask em for separate subs for franchise pack

Kanokare

Haha at least we won at Cobble and Whatever that cluster fuck second map was. That no scope scout headshot though was amazing. Me forgetting I had the bomb at the plant site the first round was not so amazing -_-

The rage from that first game was real though. Dude was down by 1 round and he rage quit hahah

Oh yeah overpass. That was crazy lol.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
i should put pictures on my game musings so someone reads em

I just read them :p

At least a few people manage to read most of the posts in the thread, but don't respond to every post.

Yes, it's the one for the DSi specifically, but the 3DS can play it.

Has anyone else who has tried Soul Gambler having trouble starting up the game too? It freezes me at the purple loading screen and i can't do anything else. I already validated the files, that didn't work...

I just kept restarting it and managed to brute force it into running. It seems like a lot of people are having that problem, though, hopefully a patch will arrive soon.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Don't lie, Rhaknar-senpai! We all know that's your true final form!

image.php

Kawaii~♥

the only good thing about this debacle is that my new avatar is going to be godlike, it is afterall made by german hands

JaseC

how about you ask em for separate subs for franchise pack

You mean the OST should have its own sub? It does, but since the OST data actually comes with the game by default, it was taken down from the store yet (for some reason) left in the franchise pack subs.

Tellaerin

i should put pictures on my game musings so someone reads em

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the game! I'm a little bummed after reading your writeup, to be honest. Transistor's one of those games that sounded like it'd be right up my street, and I really enjoyed Bastion, too. From the sound of it, I may come away disappointed. Meh. : /

Sober

1 week until Gods Will Be Watching is out.

I just posted the OT for it. I also left some impressions of it from when I played it at PAX East, if anyone is curious. There's also a demo which is pretty indicative of what the game more or less plays like.

zkylon

zkylewd
I just read them :p
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the game! I'm a little bummed after reading your writeup, to be honest. Transistor's one of those games that sounded like it'd be right up my street, and I really enjoyed Bastion, too. From the sound of it, I may come away disappointed. Meh. : /
well if u read em then comment so i don't feel alone you bitches

but yea srs it's not that great of a game. you might get something out of it that i didn't but generally i'm one to really appreciate story-driven games and it just didn't do it for me. i think whoever didn't like bastion won't like this for sure and if you did like bastion then it's gonna be a toin coss

one thing, tho, is that the soundtrack is pretty fucking amazing. i might like it even better than bastion's

You mean the OST should have its own sub? It does, but since the OST data actually comes with the game by default, it was taken down from the store yet (for some reason) left in the franchise pack subs.
i dunno i was just saying you'd probably prefer nordic added more subs

i don't really understand how anything database works

1 week until Gods Will Be Watching is out.

I just posted the OT for it. I also left some impressions of it from when I played it at PAX East, if anyone is curious. There's also a demo which is pretty indicative of what the game more or less plays like.
this game looks like it'll be all kinds of cool, pretty decent price too

i hope the many scenarios don't end up being too gimmicky tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom