• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
here

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Lost Civilization -- MB-36BB143950983666

aku:jiki

I don't suppose there are three people here who are interested in splitting a Magicite four-pack? $1.89 per head.
Man, I shouldn't, because that's such a guaranteed future HIB game but it's $1.89! How can I not?

Must consume. Everybody belongs to everybody else. A gramme is better than a damn.

(This means yes.)

_hekk05

Banned
Well i was in for a rude awakening on just how badly i suck in Payday2. heh

I do wish voice chat would have become better by now, darn hard playing htese games without for me, old FPS injury, makes me having a hard time paying attention to text chats ingame. :)

Hohoho that just means you aren't good at fps

a good fps player takes in everything on his monitor

though payday 2 voice chat definitely sucks

ev0

Some games!

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ev0, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bastion -- MB-AD6CBB49F900AC1F - Taken by Sub Zero
Limbo -- MB-B124DC78FD5E4A61

t1405595528z1.png

When playing Skyrim I'd use the console to increase my carry weight whenever I hit the limit so I could continue pilfering literally everything. My 80-odd hour save disappeared but I must have had well over 1,000 cabbages and the like, haha.
Wow,sounds like a collecting nightmare! I only steal valuables.

Yep, I've ammassed around 80K after Cyseal.

There's just one elusive magical lock that I'll need to come back to.
Try the unlock spell scroll.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
So, things happened and now I've got a copy of the Last Express, because reasons, to give away. It's a great game that deserves a good home in someone's Steam library. It's also the 100th game I've given away through Modbot, I was planning something different for that, but oh well this works too.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (BinaryPork2737, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Last Express -- MB-A64F1B6A459FFD7A - Taken by Kiru. 15 entrants total.

t1405595588z1.png

Seriously though, play the game if you win it, it's a great game.

Shadownet

Banned
But I am no Power Ranger/Sentai?!

Seriously. Really? Isnt the pic too small to make that out? :D

Can't mistake a black rimmed glasses :) wear one everyday. Btw please update your wish list. It look a bit outdated!

I gave to a lot of charities. Does it make me bad for taking a short break?

Yes. :p the answer is always yes.
*you're a good man*

Well i was in for a rude awakening on just how badly i suck in Payday2. heh

I do wish voice chat would have become better by now, darn hard playing htese games without for me, old FPS injury, makes me having a hard time paying attention to text chats ingame. :)

You weren't that bad. You just have to remember to keep 1 eye on that chat every now and then. Dont worry, you will definitely get better. Trials and Errors.

Finally got around to trying the Family Sharing. When i showed my nephew he now had access to my 300+ games he just about shit himself. I'm really surprised how few limits there are with it, I originally thought it was local network only. Makes me wonder if anyone has ever charged for access to their account.

I tried recording some of our Counter Strike moments tonight and the video files turned out all sorts of weird in spots. I already get stutters in CSGO, but having Shadowplay on really screws with it, and the video is even worse than the gameplay was. Which is odd because twitch streaming is pretty flawless. Or was, since I haven't used it since the 2.1 or whatever update.

Shadownet

Banned
I tried recording some of our Counter Strike moments tonight and the video files turned out all sorts of weird in spots. I already get stutters in CSGO, but having Shadowplay on really screws with it, and the video is even worse than the gameplay was. Which is odd because twitch streaming is pretty flawless. Or was, since I haven't used it since the 2.1 or whatever update.

That's why you should have used Shadownet instead!

Though seriously I never recorded any gameplay before. Maybe I should use Shadowplay to record my next game.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe I'm just blind, but I can't tell the difference between 30 fps and 60 fps at all. :X

I can't really tell the difference unless there's really bad frame drops, or play, not watch footage of, a game where 60 fps is really needed, like first person shooters or, more importantly, racing games.

Based F-Zero GX and X. So good.

Hugstable

Banned

Why were you guys running shadowplay? I wish I was streaming or recording today I had some really good moments like my no scope scout headshot. I still don't know how it happened, I have barely used the scout since I've played CS:GO

hitoshi

Here you go

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (hitoshi, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Gun Monkeys -- MB-A8702B0A837E6D4C - Taken by Casimir

-Deimos

Well, I kind of agree. My second playthrough was a high chaos one where I killed everything that moved. It was more fun, but I found my first playthrough more rewarding.

I must add that I'm kinda crazy when it comes to this type of games :p
My playtime might be a little inflated because I'd go on killing sprees sometimes if the alarm was raised before reloading. It's insanely fun to go on a rampage in Dishonered.

hitoshi

Why were you guys running shadowplay? I wish I was streaming or recording today I had some really good moments like my no scope scout headshot. I still don't know how it happened, I have barely used the scout since I've played CS:GO

The last 10 matches can be downloaded as a replay in the main menu. Use that instead, it makes highlighting moments easier too because you can skip, rewind, slow down, speed up among other things.

Mono

I can't see it at all!! :X That's a cool site, though!

I can't really tell the difference unless there's really bad frame drops, or play, not watch footage of, a game where 60 fps is really needed, like first person shooters or, more importantly, racing games.

Based F-Zero GX and X. So good.

That might be my problem; I don't really play FPS game and I think the last racing game I played for PC was Midtown Madness 2!

I'm always lamenting not having it on when awesome stuff happens. So I decided to actually turn it on before I started playing this time.

I need to figure out what the issue is though. It's writing to a separate drive from where the game is (an SSD even) but it still has problems.

Mono

So, things happened and now I've got a copy of the Last Express, because reasons, to give away. It's a great game that deserves a good home in someone's Steam library. It's also the 100th game I've given away through Modbot, I was planning something different for that, but oh well this works too.

Seriously though, play the game if you win it, it's a great game.

That looks awesome! The art style is a bit different, but I don't dislike it.

After finishing all of the Blackwell games except for Epiphany twice (for the great commentary modes!), I've been itching to play an adventure game. Do you guys have any favorite point-and-click adventure games like the Blackwell series?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wolfenstein New Order is 50% off on GMG if you want to finally use your credits

dont forget the 20% voucher if you are NOT using credit

zkylon

zkylewd

hmm tempting

tho dks2 season pass...

decisions...

not really i don't give a shit about wolfenstein lol

wetflame

Pizza Dog

I do have about £10 worth of credit... and it's region locked so there's no chance of cheap Russian copies... I should probably get this, right?

Rhaknar

I do have about £10 worth of credit... and it's region locked so there's no chance of cheap Russian copies... I should probably get this, right?

im shocked how good it is, so yes

wilflare

shit. maybe it's chance for me to finally jump on this. need a good fps (war themed) that has a solid single player campaign

Dr Dogg

Night shift SteamGAF always has a different vibe to daytime. Though Zeliard dishing the goss behind the scenes, suspicious ModBot alterations and moringbus taking down The Man one M&M card at a time livens things up.

I've been saying this since I played it.
I did post that webm of Octodad putting the pirhana in the microwave and turning it on... I suppose nobody was paying attention though.

The game made me laugh so hard while I was playing it, unlike my experience with Surgeon Simulator 2013 where I get frustrated by the controls and my inability to make them work precisely.

Oh you know something, something, thread moves too fast. Something, something, no one reads/watches impression based posts :p

What with The Floor is Jelly and Octodad it has been quite a nice diversion from shooting & killings things as well as knocking peoples lights out (although as I said earlier I did clip the Octodad's son in the face with a fat spewing burger). I think that's half the hook though, the wonky controls and of course not letting you disguise slip that, shock horror, you're really an octopus! Plus who doesn't like a bit of slapstick humor of an octopus trying to achieve everyday mundane tasks with the precision of a drunk person operating those claw arm things.

So I think it was on Rock Paper Shotgun I read that Wolfenstein: New Order was a sequel of sorts to Raven's Wolfenstein from 2009. Since I own the game I figured I'd install it and give Wolf '09 another shot...

I'm not sure where it was from (might have been Gamespot's PAX coverage or an interview with Bethesda/Machinegame) but I got the impression they were trying to get as far away from the old Activision meddling with the added mysticism slant and get back to the roots of FPS style Wolfenstein (you know, killing Nazis and finding secrets). I was massively skeptical of both games before release but came to love them after playing them but for very different reasons. Still need to crank out the west of The New Order but '09 always felt pantomimy from the way you can reduce enemies for puddles like in Soldier of Fortune. The crazy weaponry and powers you get, combining the two and making everyone reduced to blobs in a blink of an eye. The story, script and especially the acting are waaaay over the top as well but fit the game to a tee. The semi-sort-of hub based design structure was a nice change for the time but it also felt like it carried the badge of what was considered to be part of the FPS makeup at the time (ADS as a priority, cover and health mechanics also bogging down the speed of gameplay) which played at odds with your offensive options.

For me though, even after just halfway done on The New Order (well going by the chapter select) it addresses all my gripes with '09 mechanical and adds an absolute cracking story and cast of characters. Sure some of them do deem a little dialed up to 11 compared to the rest but it's fitting at the time and they don't feel like they have been design to fill a role first and foremost but there to serve the story. The moment when I first got to the central hub and started to meet the gang I started to walk around and interact with the people there who I assumed you'd be spending the rest of the game with and trying to think 'Ok so why is this guy here? Is he the armoury guy?' and what-not but they total weren't. The first mission after you get to the hub,
the one where you go to London with Bobby and he spends the car journey telling you of his horrible ordeal only to then drive his explosive laden car into the museum. That's not what your support characters do and they usually aren't suffering from depression. They're meant to be mean, rufty. tufty folks who didn't cry when Bambi's mum died.

That extra human side to the cast of The New Order really is completely the opposite of Wolf '09 but I like them both for what they do if that makes sense. If I had to pick just one to play despite not seeing all of it yet I'd go for The New Order without hesitation though. Quite funny really as I was dubious about TNO becoming a boring game with one dimensional characters and sucking out all the fun and it turns out it's anything but. I should really get back around to finishing that up soon.

Caerith

That looks awesome! The art style is a bit different, but I don't dislike it.

After finishing all of the Blackwell games except for Epiphany twice (for the great commentary modes!), I've been itching to play an adventure game. Do you guys have any favorite point-and-click adventure games like the Blackwell series?
Emerald City Confidential. There's no in-game commentary, but the developer did a LP of it providing commentary as he did.

Oh and the first three seasons of Sam & Max.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
one up me pls :3

I actually didn't notice the first link, haha. Over the past three years I've amassed 260 avatars (which probably seems a little on the low side but I generally just pick 2 or 3 favourites from a particular set) and, more recently, around 2GB of geefs thanks to other Tumblr users throwing a bunch of them into zip files. I don't save individual images since that's what fansites and Tumblr are for, and I haven't combed through the Tumblr gif dumps at all -- they're just there to post as reactions once in a while.

Man, all that hate talk on Aperture Tag must be frustrating for the developer...

I was looking forward to giving it a whirl but all the negativity is making me hesitant.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
im shocked how good it is, so yes

Well, then it gets added to Deponia: Complete Journey, Gods Will Be Watching, Octodad, Detective Case & Clown Bot, Broforce, The Walking Dead and Transistor in the list games I've bought recently that I should actually be playing then! Although technically a couple of those aren't available to play just yet. Hopefully I can finish a couple of those before Alien: Isolation comes out..

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Wow, last time I looked it had all positive reviews, probably from people who were on the dev team.

It seems most people just want to hate on that game cause it's a payed mod...
Ridiculous imo, the Steam forum for that game is a real cesspool

Btw, did anybody play it, it looks cool

Edit: ok, lots of new more objective reviews, doesn't look too good :(

Mono

It seems most people just want to hate on that game cause it's a payed mod...
Ridiculous imo, the Steam forum for that game is a real cesspool

Btw, did anybody play it, it looks cool

Hopefully someone like TotalBiscuit will take a look at the game to clear some things up if this really is just the Steam community being its usual, terrible self!

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of hating myself. I went to a Papa John's last night and had that that cheese bread with that shitty garlic sauce dip, which is actually garlic flavored melted butter, and hated myself upon first bite.

Lives in the Middle East...and eats at Papa Johns. I have no words.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom