• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

I haven't played the Blackwell games yet, but if your up for something with black humour I can only recommend Edna & Harvey: The Breakout.
RP56N61.png

This actually looks really neat. Kind of like a movie representation of an insane asylum and what you'd expect the inmates to get up to. Notice that it's also from Daedalic Entertainment which makes me wish I picked up the complete pack during the sale now.

Hugstable

Banned
“The limits of the possible can only be defined by going beyond them into the impossible.” - Arthur C. Clarke

Damn bruh trying to blow my mind late at night when I'm half awake :p. Fun CS matches Today, I actually got 4 wins in today and only need like 3 more before they do the rank thing or whatever!

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
For a self-proclaimed roguelike, I was expecting Abyss Odyssey to be way harder. Beat it at my second run with the Ghost Monk @ level 14 without much effort and I can't say that I'm too good at the game

I enjoyed it and I will probably keep playing it to finish it with the other 2 characters and unlock everyone for VS. I can justify some of the complaints that are being posted here though, the combat system is very shallow and kinda clunky

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Beat Abyss Odyssey with the starting character! Fantastic game

Hugstable

Banned
I'll pitch in to try and get you ranked tomorrow, if you'd like.

Yeah I will be down tomorrow to get some matches in, hopefully it will be like today and we will get some good wins in. Watching that one guy ragequit cause of the 12 year old on his team made me laugh for a good while. Down one round, fuck it rage quit.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
For a self-proclaimed roguelike, I was expecting Abyss Odyssey to be way harder. Beat it at my second run with the Ghost Monk @ level 14 without much effort and I can't say that I'm too good at the game

I enjoyed it and I will probably keep playing it to finish it with the other 2 characters and unlock everyone for VS. I can justify some of the complaints that are being posted here though, the combat system is very shallow and kinda clunky

That the game can become rather easy seems to be a common complaint.

Tellaerin

...you know, if somebody ever combines Risk of Rain's gameplay with Spelunky-style procedurally-generated worlds, I might never play anything else.

Dr Dogg

Right just a quick q before I back myself into a corner. What's the difference between Deponia: The Complete Journey and the single installments other than grouped together, has the bonuses with Goodbye Deponia Premium edition, massively cheaper through trading, and Linux version as well? I'm not counting a couple of extra +1's to the game count as a feature, I'm that far gone (yet!).

Cheers in advance.

JaseC

Right just a quick q before I back myself into a corner. What's the difference between Deponia: The Complete Journey and the single instalments other than grouped together, has the bonuses with Goodbye Deponia Premium edition, massively cheaper through trading, and Linux version as well? I'm not counting a couple of extra +1's to the game count as a feature, I'm that far gone (yet!).

Cheers in advance.

There's a table on the store page. Just subtract the bonus content at the bottom from the information presented at the top:

DeponiaContentGrafik_9_Black_610px.jpg

Everything else is the same.

wilflare

I wonder when will the Steam client officially support streaming to Twitch or post to Twitter within the client.

and when I say support, I mean it autoblocks/censors when switch to the desktop or switch to the Steam Overlay. (think PS4)

rather surprised they didn't get on this

Yakkue

Right just a quick q before I back myself into a corner. What's the difference between Deponia: The Complete Journey and the single instalments other than grouped together, has the bonuses with Goodbye Deponia Premium edition, massively cheaper through trading, and Linux version as well? I'm not counting a couple of extra +1's to the game count as a feature, I'm that far gone (yet!).

Cheers in advance.

Apparently The complete Journey still has more bugs than the single installments.

Getting lasik later today, so excited to mess around with my Oculus Rift again now that I can use the standard lenses. There was always a bit of weirdness when using glasses.

Arthea

Cheers in advance.

you might want to wait some until Complete is fixed, anyway

Dr Dogg

There's a table on the store page. Just subtract the bonus content at the bottom from the information presented at the top:

Everything else is the same.

Top stuff, cheers. Yeah I was going by that but just wanted to make sure it wasn't a situation like Deus Ex: Human Revolution where things are a bit broken and...

Apparently The complete Journey still has more bugs than the single installments.

you might want to wait some until Complete is fixed, anyway

Oh. Just had a look over on the Steam Community board *shudder*. Daedalic seem pretty active there in addressing issues so fingers crossed. Well I've got a couple of weeks to seize on a cheap price at least. Cheers.

Yrael

Lol yeah...The Complete Journey so far has been fun, but it really is ridiculously buggy. :p

For starters, hints for the mini-games are completely messed up; they display tips for the previous mini-game that the player has already finished, rather than the one that the player is currently trying to solve (one mini-game was completely un-winnable; I had to skip it). I encountered a bug very early on that was almost game-breaking (you basically can't enter a certain house twice). Occasionally my inventory will completely disappear, and I have to save and exit the game to get it to come back.

I don't regret spending two TF2 keys for it though, since I only had the first Deponia game!

JaseC

And Daedalic asked 5€ for this, or 40€ full price. At least with The Whispered World they offered for free the upgrade after some complaining, but with Deponia they don't.

I don't think there was a reliable way for Daedalic to give existing owners of all games the Complete Edition for free as many if not most user licences would have been split over various subs and to the best of my knowledge the "MustOwnAppToPurchase" flag doesn't affect auto-grant subs. You could make the argument that the loyalty discount should be 99% rather than 90%, though.

JaseC

Well, they did it with Whispered World, why they can't do the same with Deponia?

Because Deponia is more than one game. Daeadlic could have added the Complete Journey to the Deponia Trilogy sub but then that would have been unfair to folks like me who bought the games individually over time.

Can't put it in my cart.

Use a VPN to add it to your cart and then check out as you normally would.

MadGear

Just received my Destiny PS4 Press beta code.

Ciao, SteamGAF!

I envy you. My most desired game right now and a PC release is not even officially confirmed yet. Probably have to wait a another year for the PC port :( At least one can hope that it will be a good port.

But oh well, have fun ... :D

JaseC

I think you can get around this by using a VPN. If I remember correctly Nuuvem tagged all SEGA games as region locked, even though most of them are not

Following the SR4 debacle (Deep Silver's fault, to be fair), Nuuvem started slapping the region-lock notice on games that followed from publishers that have even the slightest history of region-locking. It's a "better safe than sorry" thing.

fantomena

I envy you. My most desired game right now and a PC release is not even officially confirmed yet. Probably have to wait a another year for the PC port :( At least one can hope that it will be a good port.

But oh well, have fun ... :D

Thank you.

I wish it had a PC-version. M&KB is always a winenr for me when it comes to shooters. The DS4 is not that bad for FPS games, but M&KB is of course better.

Still, I can't wait till the game is in my Steam library during late 2015.

Arthea

Odin almighty, I again accidentally clicked that I was born in 2014. How that even works! steambabies?
deleting cookies is enough?

It's from reddit and it doesn't really explain why he needed to contact Valve support. I'd bet 5$ it's for a super obvious thing he did that he wasn't suppose to like everyone else who complains from that site. Just like all the vague and nebulous Counter-Strike bans that are totally happening because Valve looks for hacks you use on other games on your PC.

I just read through that entire thread. In his novel of a rant he neglected to mention that he lost access to his account because his dumbass got his account phished, which is something he mentions later in the comments.

That prompted me to look through my own history with Steam support and I must be really lucky because they've been fairly prompt most of the time.

One ticket shows as being closed after 5 weeks but it was actually resolved in 3 days and inexplicably stayed open for another month. A few more have lasted more than a week but they were low impact requests (From Dust refund request that was granted after Ubi authorized it for everyone, a CD key issue when Batman Arkham City was transitioned to Steamworks). I sympathize with those who have had a rough time with them but man some people in that thread make it sound like it's the worst thing they've ever faced in life.

When playing Skyrim I'd use the console to increase my carry weight whenever I hit the limit so I could continue pilfering literally everything. My 80-odd hour save disappeared but I must have had well over 1,000 cabbages and the like, haha.

Dude you are cursed. There's no other explanation :p

$24 for Wolfenstein TNO
- should I or should I not?

the Quake Weekend should be coming soon right?

You should. Wolf is a fantastic shooter, and this discount is the Quakecon discount. No way it goes cheaper than this on Steam any time soon.

Divinity have a loading screen tip that says "Save often to save your blood pressure", so true.

Learned this the hard way. Game is very prone to CTDs, so save often folks.

Dr Dogg

Doesn't Steam save your birth date? How can you accidentally click the wrong year?

I don't think Steam/Valve ever ask you (it's been a long time since I opened my account or another one to know for sure). I remember Shackles saying implementing your Steam Accounts birthday rather than your own was doable as there was a date to attach the balloons and streamers to. Be nice if we could see each others Steam Account birthdays, than and expensive probably.

Edit: Of course you're chatting about the age gate. Which I always randomly bash in a year I know I over 18. Mine is currently set to 1st Jan 1955. I'm not that old yet. Only silly folk waste their time putting in their own DoB :p

Nabs

I just read through that entire thread. In his novel of a rant he neglected to mention that he lost access to his account because his dumbass got his account phished, which is something he mentions later in the comments.

That prompted me to look through my own history with Steam support and I must be really lucky because they've been fairly prompt most of the time.

One ticket shows as being closed after 5 weeks but it was actually resolved in 3 days and inexplicably stayed open for another month. A few more have lasted more than a week but they were low impact requests (From Dust refund request that was granted after Ubi authorized it for everyone, a CD key issue when Batman Arkham City was transitioned to Steamworks). I sympathize with those who have had a rough time with them but man some people in that thread make it sound like it's the worst thing they've ever faced in life.

Bam. Reddit never fails with this shit.

ev0

In case someone doesnt have these, ending soon

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ev0, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bastion -- MB-AD6CBB49F900AC1F - Taken by Sub Zero. 1 entrants total.
Limbo -- MB-B124DC78FD5E4A61 - Taken by DarkMehm. 2 entrants total.

t1405595528z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom