• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

I finally paid attention and now I know, that you are blocked from redeeming keys on steam after 20 in a row, at least I think it's 20 in a short period of time, now if only I knew how long restriction lasts.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I finally paid attention and now I know, that you are blocked from redeeming keys on steam after 20 in a row, at least I think it's 20 in a short period of time, now if only I knew how long restriction lasts.

Half an hour, and if you hit the limit again within half an hour of the restriction being lifted then you'll have to wait a full hour.

Vuze

Was Cook Serve Delicious developed by a fellow GAF member or something? Actually made me laugh :D

i1D6yPUtFtLUD.jpg

saunderez

I encountered a bug very early on that was almost game-breaking (you basically can't enter a certain house twice). !

I encountered that one too, but ended up double clicking on his house when I was up near Toni's shop (which is the shortcut to insta-transition) and it teleported me inside. After that I could enter normally for the remainder of the game. Apart from that my experience with Deponia 1 in the complete version was pretty painless. Well except for that pigeon puzzle that is, I had NFI what they were asking me to do there. The cats I could deal with, but those freakin' pigeons. Skip, skip, skip-a-roo!

Despite that, definitely don't regret the miserably low price I paid for it, I've had more enjoyment playing it so far than I get out of most games.

Grief.exe

Now's the time to make a play date with the game that's literally crawling with fun!

"Literally crawling with fun" is probably the least appealing tagline I've heard for anything, ever.

For all I know, that may actually be a quality game.

With that said, the first thought that crossed my mind is this stream of trash is getting out of control.

wilflare

I must be one of the weird ones that find KB/M gaming very uncomfortable.. my baby finger aches... :/ or is this carpal tunnel?

maybe I should try FPS w Controller?

I must be one of the weird ones that find KB/M gaming very uncomfortable.. my baby finger aches... :/ or is this carpal tunnel?

maybe I should try FPS w Controller?
Nah, I got into PC gaming last year, hated KB/M. I had mostly played on consoles for 15 years so KB/M felt really uncomfortable. I've gotten used to it now, but still prefer controllers for FPSs

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
There are over a thousand people who funded between 90$ and 750$! Do they get games in that value. And wow at those 2000$, 5000$ and 10000$ backers. Wow.
My sis calls this site NeoGif lol
Is she... is she hot
:p
I miss SteamGAF :'[
Did you find your Destiny... yeahhhhh!

JaseC

So people should now thank Yogscast who essentially scammed them.

Yeah, that the pitch was one giant fluff piece written by Yogscast itself only for the company to cast aside the project when it hit turbulence is rather scummy.

Chariot

how can ANYONE defend this is just beyond me O_O
From what I have gathered one part are the people that say "It's kickstarter, it's just an investment, if it don't work it don't work" and some are falling for the sad life story of one of devs, who apparently got divorced and fired for working so much on the kickstarter project.

But it was sure worth it:
If someone is wondering how far they got with the game then here's the most recent dev log showing footage of the game. From February.

Mono

I've never used Kickstarter; aren't they supposed to give back all the money if the project fails?

Or is that just if the Kickstarter fails?

Chariot

I've never used Kickstarter; aren't they supposed to give back all the money if the project fails?

You're not "buying" something, you're "donating". Projects can and - how we already seen - will fail and leave people who invested with nothing but pain and suffering.
HOLY CARP!!! O_O

this looks like a shitty Unity game straight out of a beginners' tutorial O_O
Yeah and that was months of work. Of enough work that his life suffered. 500.000 Dollar. Making me sick.

JaseC

No. Kickstarter's Terms of Use that project creators agree to states that if a project cannot be successfully completed then refunds must be given, and backers are free to cite this in any legal proceedings, however Kickstarter itself does nothing to actually help. The FAQ states quite plainly:

Who is responsible for completing a project as promised?
It's the project creator's responsibility to complete their project. Kickstarter is not involved in the development of the projects themselves.

Kickstarter does not guarantee projects or investigate a creator's ability to complete their project. On Kickstarter, backers (you!) ultimately decide the validity and worthiness of a project by whether they decide to fund it.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Yeah and that was months of work. Of enough work that his life suffered. 500.000 Dollar. Making me sick.

holy cow ... did those people (Winterkewl, I mean) knew ANYTHING about gamedev before they started working on this? 'cause it sure as Hell looks like something that can literally be done in just a couple of days tops .... like seriously O_O

FloatOn

So... video games.

I beat Blood Dragon the other day. Basically Far Cry 3 Neon edition. Lots of amusement to be had. I haven't played a FPS in a bit so it was pretty refreshing. I'm glad the game kept the bow (can I just say how much I fucking love archery in fps games???). Lots of call backs to 80s movies which brought a smile to my face. Took a little less than 7 hours to beat.

I finally got around to starting Dead Space 2 yesterday. I'm going to alternate between this and The Last of Us on PS3. So far it seems to be a worthy follow up to the original. However, magically when I made it to the first shop I had all this gear unlocked already! I guess this is from owning other EA games? So basically all the feeling of progress will be killed but I suppose I don't mind, since I'm mainly playing for the story on this one.

how can ANYONE defend this is just beyond me O_O

You should see some of the comments on the Yogscast subreddit

Damn you guys actually fixed this! That is wonderful! Good job Yogs!

I think in many ways this is better. You know when you buy a humble bundle early, and then a few days later you find you got some extra games you didnt even know you'd get. This feels like an extended version of that. So maybe in 6 months or so we'll get another email from Lewis saying 'So we got this new game for you guys', and thats awesome!

Yeah, I was never interested it Yogventures, but I'd pay up to five times the price of the game for this kind of special treatment. Too bad time-travel doesn't exist yet.

Yogscast true and fair to the end.

what the fuck

aku:jiki

Seriously now, who uses DOS in 2014? At least move on to Windows 3.11, I promise GUIs won't hurt you.
George R.R. Martin does!

No wonder his books take 10 years, 8 of them are spent booting his computer.

wtf m8 u shittin' on yogsast u prolly a scrub lol I swear on me mum I'll knock ya in da gob ya fookin' wanker if you take the piss again

rofl
That impression of a british 12 year old who loves yogscast is so perfect that I think we all know that you actually are a british 12 year old who loves yogscast. Busted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom