• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The stuff that used to be in there:
Commander Keen, Fallout 3+NV, Quake Franchise, Hexen franchise, Morrowind, Oblivion, hell even Rogue Warrior, Hunted & Brink

Oh, you mean comparatively. It seemed you were living in some bizzaro world in which it wasn't good value in its own way.

Check bargain bins in supermarkets.
I picked up my retail copy for 4€ a year+ ago.

Commander Keen, Fallout 3+NV, Quake Franchise, Hexen franchise, Morrowind, Oblivion, hell even Rogue Warrior, Hunted & Brink

It's not a bad bundle if you don't have any of the games, but things used to be better in the old days! *shakes fist at cloud*

I wonder how much of their catalog that I don't own... are any of those other game on stealth sale?

Turfster

Oh, you mean comparatively. It seemed you were living in some bizzaro world in which it wasn't good value in its own way.

Nah, I'm just being old again, reminiscing about the good old days.
Don't mind me ;)

I do wish they'd do decent sales on some of that stuff, though.
25% is kind of a joke for something like Brink or Hunted, which definitely won't be dailies.

Dr Dogg

Well I must be a big ZeniMax fan as everything is green on their publisher page apart from vanilla Fallout 3, TESO and Doom 3: Big Friendly Giant Edition.

It's not a bad bundle if you don't have any of the games, but things used to be better in the old days! *shakes fist at cloud*

I liked Hunted. Was like a mid-tier fantasy Gears of War. I'm sure if it didn't do as bad as it did inXile wouldn't have gone on their CRPG Kickstarter mission. So there's that I suppose.

JaseC

Nah, I'm just being old again, reminiscing on the good old days.
Don't mind me ;)

I do wish they'd do decent sales on some of that stuff, though.
25% is kind of a joke for something like Brink or Hunted, which definitely won't be dailies.

Ubisoft has the same problem with The Settlers games. When the Ubi sale earlier in the year was drawing to a close I just threw my hands into the air bought them at 35% off. You may be wondering, "JaseC, how did you buy the games if your hands were in the air?" Well, that's for me to know and you to never find out.

Ok guys, don't make fun of me too hard, but I'm an ESO subscriber.

I have been playing a LOT less lately and probably need to talk to the girlfriend about cancelling our subs. But until then, can I own it as a steam game now? Or do I still have to launch separately since I didn't buy it from steam?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
A full list of KS Game Projects that Received over $100,000 and were funded at least one year ago

Part 1 $100,000 - $200,000
ANNE - May 2013 - In development, showed at E3 in advanced state of dev. Does not appear to be at risk of failure
Theme Park Studio - May 2013 - Early Access on Steam, dev road map. Does not appear to be at risk of failure
AR-K - May 2013 - On Steam pre-sale, releasing next week. Does not appear to be at risk of failure
ROAM - Feb 2013 - Last progress video two weeks ago, website, but still seems fairly early. Possible risk of failure. Check dev page; 2 people neither of whom are full-time game developers, pitch had a 6-week prototype. Game looks dramatically better than it did in prototype.
Jon Shafer's At the Gates - March 2013 - Alpha II (in KS pitch, called beta) is available now to backers. Still seems fairly early, so there is a possible risk of failure. Progress seems pretty constant, most recent update is last month, Jon Shafer was the lead designer for Civ 5. There was a prototype as part of the KS pitch. I would say this is not likely to fail.
Furcadia Social MMO - December 2012 - Who the hell funded this? Anyway, looks like physical rewards have all been delivered for more than a year, the game appears to be launched based on the website (I'm not downloading this to see). There's a world event on the game as of yesterday so it's obviously... something. Anyway, fulfilled?
Girl Genius and the Rats of Mechanicsburg - December 2012 - Launched.
Anima Gate of Memories - January 2013 - Alpha released last month, but honestly this doesn't look very far along in development and it seems like they do board games and marketing and transmedia stuff too and I know this is the second game in a series whose first game was pretty poorly received. I would rate this at a moderate or higher chance of failure.
The Fall of Nemesis Clash of the Kaijujin - December 2012 - This is, like, a classically bad KS. They appear to be working on two video games and a card game, which seems to me like they've decided they couldn't meet their original vision. Anyway, the first of the two video games appears to be in a closed Early Access with a handful of community members, it's Greenlit, and it's about to be put on Steam Early Access by the end of July. So it looks like these guys are going to release something. I would say low chance of failure, high chance of disappointment.
The Stomping Land - June 2013 - On Steam EA, well received, popular, making tons of money, in development, very low chance of failure.
There Came An Echo - March 2013 - Ask Feep, but progress seems pretty good IMHO and they have external investments from Intel. Feep seems pretty scrupulous to me.
Mercenary Kings - September 2012 - It's out.
Unforgotten Quest - December 2012 - This appears to be an RPG by a Youtuber. It appears to have not had any substantial development in the last year and the dev has a typical "omg I had no idea game development was hard please respect my privacy I am depressed" blog post a month ago. He's picking at mockups and art and stuff, but there doesn't seem to be much of an actual game here. I would rate this as FAILED
Asylum - February 2013 - Game is definitely running behind schedule, but pretty good updates as far as I can tell. They migrated to Unity. They seem to be at or around alpha status. Some risk of failure?
Barkley 2 - December 2012 - Scope creep caused by massive overfunding, good process, update a month ago, aiming for alpha build this month, showed at a convention. I would say low-to-medium risk of failure?
Forsaken Fortress - December 2012 - Project Failed. Could not reach prototype from KS, could not hit performance targets. Apology, saying game development is experimental, indies try, happy with their engine/tech at this point but don't have a game. Did apparently move to China to reduce costs, which is kind of noble in a way. But the game isn't happening.
Word Realms - June 2012 - Released April 2013.
Mage's Initiation - March 2013 - Devs working on last few acts and sidequests. Animations finishing up. Devs have another game that just released on Steam. Seem to be solvent, high chance of success.
Shadowgate - November 2012 - Closed beta as of this month. Difficulty fine-tuning. Game shipping next month. Zero chance of failure.
Planet Explorers - April 2013 - Greenlit, Early Access, reception seems good. Low to no chance of failure?
Sir, You Are Being Hunted - December 2012 - Released.
Delver's Drop - March 2013 - Rewards mostly shipped, Greenlit, pre-release builds available on Humble. Hard to say how far along, so I will say some chance of failure?
Son of Nor - May 2013 - Early Access next week. Beta to backers. Estimated delivery time was June 2014 so this is pretty close to on target. Some chance of failure?
Star Command - August 2012 - Released.
Sportsfriends - December 2012 - Released.
Xenonauts - June 2012 - Released.
The Dead Linger - April 2012 - Last version yesterday. Early access on Steam. Low chance of failure.
Frontiers - July 2013 - Updates last month, some progress videos. I would say progress is decent but not guaranteed. Some chance of failure for sure.
Starlight Inception - May 2012 - Released.
Nekro - May 2012 - Early Access, seems to be being updated. Low risk of failure.
Distance - November 2012 - Last update last month, pre-order on Humble, playtesting at Digipen, new levels. Seems like a lot of progress, very low risk of failure.
Sunless Sea - October 2013 - Early Access, well received, being updated. Very low risk of failure.
Zombie Playground - June 2012 - Before I even clicked on this it seemed pretty likely to be a failure. "3D Action Online Battle RPG" + zombies? *rolleyes*. They're like 16 months over the deadline now, typical apologies about how development is hard, but they apparently have a closed alpha or something. I'm still rating as high risk of failure but not yet failed.
Code Hero - February 2012 - Failed and extremely high likelihood of being negligent to the point of being a scam
Road Redemption - May 2013 - Beta available now, apparently on track for November 2014 release. Low chance of failure.
Strike Suit Zero - November 2012 - Released.
Ascension Online - February 2013 - Kind of failed. It's not failed, it's going to happen, but they radically shifted the premise and developer of the game. I understand that they are well-capitalized and going to make backers square.
Project Giana - August 2012 - Released.
Limit Theory - December 2012 - Still in development, not out of money, but pretty heavily delayed and looking at an end-of-2014 closed beta right now. I would say moderate-to-high risk of failure.
Chasm - May 2013 - Showed at E3, demos available, coming to consoles, greenlit. Low risk of failure.
Soul Saga - July 2013 - Last update this month with the dev complaining about health challenges, some alpha progress, scope creep from massive overfunding. I would say moderate-to-high risk of failure.
Guns of Icarus Online - May 2013 - Released.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Russia has its own version of Dishonored, though, hence the "RHCP" DLC (Russia/Hungary/Czech Republic/Poland, not Red Hot Chili Peppers, sadly). That being said, it does support English.

I'd buy Red Hot Chili Peppers DLC for Dishonored, even at only 50% off

nexen

Ok guys, don't make fun of me too hard, but I'm an ESO subscriber.

I have been playing a LOT less lately and probably need to talk to the girlfriend about cancelling our subs. But until then, can I own it as a steam game now? Or do I still have to launch separately since I didn't buy it from steam?

Would also like to know this.

I find it interesting that in a thread where people are openly posting hentai game images being subscribed to ESO is worthy of mockery.

Y'know, it's been quiet in here in terms of giveaways, hasn't it. I know Rhaknar and Sub Zero did some good ones earlier in the week, but that seems like forever ago now...

Anyway, I'm feeling left out lately and I wanted to give this away during the Steam sale but it wasn't a daily or flash until long after I had blown my budget.

original.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (corrosivefrost, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Killer is Dead -- MB-85375BD1D2537273 - Taken by NingenJanai

t1405628775z1.png

tumblr_mm3hyblUuL1qeo7cdo1_500.gif

tumblr_mrjw5uJiHp1rtwdzuo1_400.gif

Have fun. Just stay away from my waifu:

Russia has its own version of Dishonored, though, hence the "RHCP" DLC (Russia/Hungary/Czech Republic/Poland, not Red Hot Chili Peppers, sadly). That being said, it does support English.

I'd double dip for a Red Hot Chili Peppers edition.

Does DR3 have MP?
Thought it was coop only. Waiting for the Super DLC to be announced before I double dip.

game page says co-op and multi-player. No idea though, guess co-op would still be fun hah.

Seanspeed

Banned
A full list of KS Game Projects that Received over $100,000 and were funded at least one year ago

ANNE - May 2013 - In development, showed at E3 in advanced state of dev. Does not appear to be at risk of failure
Theme Park Studio - May 2013 - Early Access on Steam, dev road map. Does not appear to be at risk of failure
AR-K - May 2013 - On Steam pre-sale, releasing next week. Does not appear to be at risk of failure
ROAM - Feb 2013 - Last progress video two weeks ago, website, but still seems fairly early. Possible risk of failure. Check dev page; 2 people neither of whom are full-time game developers, pitch had a 6-week prototype. Game looks dramatically better than it did in prototype.
Jon Shafer's At the Gates - March 2013 - Alpha II (in KS pitch, called beta) is available now to backers. Still seems fairly early, so there is a possible risk of failure. Progress seems pretty constant, most recent update is last month, Jon Shafer was the lead designer for Civ 5. There was a prototype as part of the KS pitch. I would say this is not likely to fail.
Furcadia Social MMO - December 2012 - Who the hell funded this? Anyway, looks like physical rewards have all been delivered for more than a year, the game appears to be launched based on the website (I'm not downloading this to see). There's a world event on the game as of yesterday so it's obviously... something. Anyway, fulfilled?
Girl Genius and the Rats of Mechanicsburg - December 2012 - Launched.
Anima Gate of Memories - January 2013 - Alpha released last month, but honestly this doesn't look very far along in development and it seems like they do board games and marketing and transmedia stuff too and I know this is the second game in a series whose first game was pretty poorly received. I would rate this at a moderate or higher chance of failure.
The Fall of Nemesis Clash of the Kaijujin - December 2012 - This is, like, a classically bad KS. They appear to be working on two video games and a card game, which seems to me like they've decided they couldn't meet their original vision. Anyway, the first of the two video games appears to be in a closed Early Access with a handful of community members, it's Greenlit, and it's about to be put on Steam Early Access by the end of July. So it looks like these guys are going to release something. I would say low chance of failure, high chance of disappointment.
The Stomping Land - June 2013 - On Steam EA, well received, popular, making tons of money, in development, very low chance of failure.
There Came An Echo - March 2013 - Ask Feep, but progress seems pretty good IMHO and they have external investments from Intel. Feep seems pretty scrupulous to me.
Mercenary Kings - September 2012 - It's out.
Unforgotten Quest - December 2012 - This appears to be an RPG by a Youtuber. It appears to have not had any substantial development in the last year and the dev has a typical "omg I had no idea game development was hard please respect my privacy I am depressed" blog post a month ago. He's picking at mockups and art and stuff, but there doesn't seem to be much of an actual game here. I would rate this as FAILED
Asylum - February 2013 - Game is definitely running behind schedule, but pretty good updates as far as I can tell. They migrated to Unity. They seem to be at or around alpha status. Some risk of failure?
Barkley 2 - December 2012 - Scope creep caused by massive overfunding, good process, update a month ago, aiming for alpha build this month, showed at a convention. I would say low-to-medium risk of failure?
Forsaken Fortress - December 2012 - Project Failed. Could not reach prototype from KS, could not hit performance targets. Apology, saying game development is experimental, indies try, happy with their engine/tech at this point but don't have a game. Did apparently move to China to reduce costs, which is kind of noble in a way. But the game isn't happening.
Word Realms - June 2012 - Released April 2013.
Mage's Initiation - March 2013 - Devs working on last few acts and sidequests. Animations finishing up. Devs have another game that just released on Steam. Seem to be solvent, high chance of success.
Shadowgate - November 2012 - Closed beta as of this month. Difficulty fine-tuning. Game shipping next month. Zero chance of failure.
Planet Explorers - April 2013 - Greenlit, Early Access, reception seems good. Low to no chance of failure?
Sir, You Are Being Hunted - December 2012 - Released.
Delver's Drop - March 2013 - Rewards mostly shipped, Greenlit, pre-release builds available on Humble. Hard to say how far along, so I will say some chance of failure?
Son of Nor - May 2013 - Early Access next week. Beta to backers. Estimated delivery time was June 2014 so this is pretty close to on target. Some chance of failure?
Star Command - August 2012 - Released.
Sportsfriends - December 2012 - Released.
Xenonauts - June 2012 - Released.
The Dead Linger - April 2012 - Last version yesterday. Early access on Steam. Low chance of failure.
Frontiers - July 2013 - Updates last month, some progress videos. I would say progress is decent but not guaranteed. Some chance of failure for sure.
Starlight Inception - May 2012 - Released.
Nekro - May 2012 - Early Access, seems to be being updated. Low risk of failure.
Distance - November 2012 - Last update last month, pre-order on Humble, playtesting at Digipen, new levels. Seems like a lot of progress, very low risk of failure.
Sunless Sea - October 2013 - Early Access, well received, being updated. Very low risk of failure.
Zombie Playground - June 2012 - Before I even clicked on this it seemed pretty likely to be a failure. "3D Action Online Battle RPG" + zombies? *rolleyes*. They're like 16 months over the deadline now, typical apologies about how development is hard, but they apparently have a closed alpha or something. I'm still rating as high risk of failure but not yet failed.
Code Hero - February 2012 - Failed and extremely high likelihood of being negligent to the point of being a scam
Road Redemption - May 2013 - Beta available now, apparently on track for November 2014 release. Low chance of failure.
Strike Suit Zero - November 2012 - Released.
Ascension Online - February 2013 - Kind of failed. It's not failed, it's going to happen, but they radically shifted the premise and developer of the game. I understand that they are well-capitalized and going to make backers square.
Project Giana - August 2012 - Released.
Limit Theory - December 2012 - Still in development, not out of money, but pretty heavily delayed and looking at an end-of-2014 closed beta right now. I would say moderate-to-high risk of failure.
Chasm - May 2013 - Showed at E3, demos available, coming to consoles, greenlit. Low risk of failure.
Soul Saga - July 2013 - Last update this month with the dev complaining about health challenges, some alpha progress, scope creep from massive overfunding. I would say moderate-to-high risk of failure.
Guns of Icarus Online - May 2013 - Released.
You should make a thread for this. Interesting stuff.

JakeD

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (JakeD, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.

sky nations -- MB-D6D2E2E82D353BDD - Taken by freshVeggie

i had to make a second account with these jackoffs just to get this extra steam key so you DAMN SURE better actually play this game (just kidding)

JaseC

i had to make a second account with these jackoffs just to get this extra steam key so you DAMN SURE better actually play this game (just kidding)

Oh, the Steam keys are available? Thanks for the heads-up.

Lomax

My other big complaint is so many people list Kickstarter "successes" as games that were all but done by the time they hit Kickstarter. I'm sure Kickstarter helped, but it didn't create the game. I saw FTL in PC Gamer a year before it was on Kickstarter for example. To me, true Kickstarter games are ones that wouldn't exist without it, games like Wasteland 2, Shadowrun Returns, Broken Age, and such. Using that standard, even of those released, virtually every one has been over budget and released well after the original projection. Personally I'd be really curious about which games if any from Stump's list hit their original release date or were even close for that matter.

JakeD

Oh, the Steam keys are available? Thanks for the heads-up.

be prepared for some mild hoop-jumping...and if one of your codes is from indieroyale, you might have to delete some characters from the end of the code (to make it a total of 23 characters) to get it to actually work on their site

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

I don't even mean this derisively: we need to make a thread about this. Every kickstarter thread devolves into this weird conformation-bias where there have never been any successful or well-managed kickstarters.

It's crazy.

JaseC

be prepared for some mild hoop-jumping...and if one of your codes is from indieroyale, you might have to delete some characters from the end of the code (to make it a total of 23 characters) to get it to actually work on their site

I've already registered, although I had to have my password reset immediately after creating my account as LastPass' option to save the site didn't appear and I didn't make note of my 20-character password before copying my game key, haha. I've since installed a clipboard manager that sites quietly in the background and provides a history of clipboard items, to avoid that happening again.

Is this new?

Bundlestars Euro Truck Simulator 2 bundle
Price: 8.79€
  • Euro Truck Simulator 2
  • Go East
  • Force of Nature Paint Job
  • Halloween Paint Job
  • Ice Cold Paint Job
  • Euro Truck Simulator
  • Bus Driver
  • Scania Truck Driving Simulator The Game
  • Trucks & Trailers

Seems to be, but it was $7.99 during the summer sale, and I didn't even bite on it then. I'll wait a few months until it hits $5 or $6.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I don't even mean this derisively: we need to make a thread about this. Every kickstarter thread devolves into this weird conformation-bias where there have never been any successful or well-managed kickstarters.

It's crazy.

The amazing thing would be that those people will still deny it with the evidence staring them in the face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom