• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

My other big complaint is so many people list Kickstarter "successes" as games that were all but done by the time they hit Kickstarter.

Eh, if I were to ask people to give me money, I'd make sure something already existed that I could show them, though.

Enco

I've already registered, although I had to have my password reset immediately after creating my account as LastPass' option to save the site didn't appear and I didn't make note of my 20-character password before copying my game key, haha. I've since installed a clipboard manager that sites quietly in the background and provides a history of clipboard items, to avoid that happening again.
Just downloaded ClipCube after reading your comment :p

A clipboard manager should definitely be helpful.

Enco

I installed CCL, IIRC. It has a rather dated GUI, but it's not as though I need to use it regularly.

It's a little odd that it's 2014 and yet Windows itself still lacks a clipboard history feature.
Yea you wont use it much but I can't handle old GUI's.

Yea it's kinda silly. Never really though about having it but there are times where I wish I had.

Turfster

Apparently the QuakeCon bundle has an uncensored copy of Wolfenstein TNO if you buy it in Germany.
Of course, this is only worthwhile if you also want the rest of the bundle.

Jawmuncher

I just found my old xbox and Dino Crisis 3.
Looks like i'm doing that GAF write up for it sooner than expected.
Abyss Odyssey will have to wait.

maty

A full list of KS Game Projects that Received over $100,000 and were funded at least one year ago

Part 1 $100,000 - $200,000

People complaining about KS should be directed to this post.

Y'know, it's been quiet in here in terms of giveaways, hasn't it. I know Rhaknar and Sub Zero did some good ones earlier in the week, but that seems like forever ago now...

Nice giveaway. Thanks

Reposting for a new page...

original.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (corrosivefrost, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Killer is Dead -- MB-85375BD1D2537273 - Taken by NingenJanai

t1405628775z1.png

tumblr_mm3hyblUuL1qeo7cdo1_500.gif

tumblr_mrjw5uJiHp1rtwdzuo1_400.gif

Have fun. Just stay away from my waifu:

Dr Dogg

The amazing thing would be that those people will still deny it with the evidence staring them in the face.

Sadly I think this will probably be the case regardless. I get the feeling some peoplle look for the thread title stating something like 'Kickstarter Failed! No Refunds!' or 'Early Access Scam. Art Assets stolen' and wander in with a big bag of assumptions completely ignoring all the successful crowdfunded projects on KS and other smaller places not brought up as much like IndieGoGo.

I've only backed 3 projects so far but actually seeing how each is slowly unfolding as well as having input into the design (supposedly but that's another discussion) gives waaaay more insight into the different process each is taking and much more than any of the articles I've read about successful Kickstarters.

Zeliard

Personally I'd be really curious about which games if any from Stump's list hit their original release date or were even close for that matter.

In most cases they don't hit their original projected release dates not out of incompetence or disingenuousness or even notable difficulties in development, but because pledges were higher (sometimes significantly so) than what they were asking for as a baseline and they put that money towards the game, boosting the depth and/or breadth of content and naturally adding to development time as a result.

JakeD

has anyone ever experience a bug that caused steam to forget all the games that were installed on non C drives? the game files are still where they should be on the hard drive, but steam is showing them as uninstalled

edit: i should add, it also deleted all my non-steam games that i had added

Coreda

...as LastPass' option to save the site didn't appear and I didn't make note of my 20-character password before copying my game key, haha.

If it was randomly generated it should appear under the '(none)' folder in your LP vault, something like 'Generated Password for example.com'. I still copy every password to the clipboard during sign-ups though, just in case.

Turfster

So the indie pinata thing, I contribute and they give me a bunch of games I already have or what

It's basically 66-75% off the other games if you own/buy one, I think.
I own Monaco, and I get 66% off Triple Town, a reduction that doesn't exist in the browser.

Apparently the QuakeCon bundle has an uncensored copy of Wolfenstein TNO if you buy it in Germany.
Of course, this is only worthwhile if you also want the rest of the bundle.
So, if you buy the bundle from Germany, you won't be able to play TNO or will you be able to play the uncensored one?

Why so much love for CSD? Is it any good?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If it was randomly generated it should appear under the '(none)' folder in your LP vault, something like 'Generated Password for example.com'. I still copy every password to the clipboard during sign-ups though, just in case.

I generated/copied it manually. I prefer to have a few special characters in my passwords, so I just click the "Generate password" button until one I like appears, plus the extension can have a little trouble playing nicely with password fields here and there.

Seems to be, but it was $7.99 during the summer sale, and I didn't even bite on it then. I'll wait a few months until it hits $5 or $6.
I almost regret picking it up back then, as the game runs like poo on my computer for some reason (when I've had zero problems with any other modern game). The stuttering is awful. I still need to figure out how to map the controls onto a 360 controller as well.

Turfster

Humble Simulators 2 bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Universe Sandbox
  • Cook, Serve, Delicious
  • OOTP Baseball 14
TIER 2: 6$
  • Turbo Dismount
  • Tropico 4:Steam Special Edition
TIER 3: 10$
  • Euro Truck Simulator 2 + Fantasy Paint Jobs
So, if you buy the bundle from Germany, you won't be able to play TNO or will you be able to play the uncensored one?

Why so much love for CSD? Is it any good?

You should be able to play the uncensored one.
CSD is an amazing game, and it's gaffer-made to boot!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'd jump on the bundle solely for OOTPB 14 as the game is now only purchaseable on Steam via the sub page and it's entirely possible that this will change in the future.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Humble Simulators 2 bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Universe Sandbox
    [*] Cook, Serve, Delicious
  • OOTP Baseball 14
TIER 2: 6$
  • Turbo Dismount
  • Tropico 4:Steam Special Edition
TIER 3: 10$
  • Euro Truck Simulator 2 + Fantasy Paint Jobs

You should be able to play the uncensored one.
CSD is an amazing game, and it's gaffer-made to boot!

iH2aFx2FagVk4.gif

MUnited83

For you.
Wonderful bundle. CSD is very good, and so is OOTP. Which is not even on the store anymore and I don't know if it will return, so get on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom