• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Hahaha that was sneaky. Does this bundled version come with an Android copy or am I just imagining that deal ever existed?

Only the Humble Store copy has the Android version, this one has the PC/Mac/Linux DRM free versions and Steam copies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wonderful bundle. CSD is very good, and so is OOTP. Which is not even on the store anymore and I don't know if it will return, so get on it.

It's still purchaseable. The thing is that 9 also still has its sub page, but purchasing was disabled (you just the transaction initialisation error when attempting to buy it) and so 14 is quite likely to follow suit at some point.

Out of the Sandbox 14

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Universe Sandbox -- MB-914B461F58493D7F - Taken by _hekk05. 5 entrants total.
Out of the Park Baseball 14 -- MB-91EBDA80686E04D3 - Taken by Vuze. 5 entrants total.

t1405621333z1.png

Coreda

I generated it manually. I prefer to have a few special characters in my passwords, so I just click the "Generate password" button until one I like appears.

So a minimum number of special characters, I see. At 20 characters in 4 character spaces it's already very secure though, and from looking at many previous compromised sites a password is far more likely be compromised from lack of security on the site's end than trying to brute force a login.

Also you may want to check previous password outputs in the drop-down menu of the input box if you're using the dedicated 'Generate Secure Password' window. Looks like a history is stored per browser session.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
A full list of KS Game Projects that Received over $100,000 and were funded at least one year ago

Part 2 $200,000+
FTL - April 2012 - Released.
Akaneiro Demon Hunters - February 2013 - Mixed; partial failure in terms of quality of delivery and ongoing development, but they did clearly release a game.
Takedown - April 2012 - Released.
Maia - November 2012 - Early access on Steam, well received, very low chance of failure.
Pier Solar - December 2012 - Being submitted to platforms right now, and being submitted for ratings. It's done.
GCW-Zero Handheld Hardware - January 2013 - Shipped.
Cryamore - February 2013 - Reduction in scope, apologies because development is hard, stuff still seems pretty preliminary, now 3+ months past release with no real playable progress. High likelihood of failure.
Among the Sleep - May 2013 - Released.
H-Hour - July 2013 - Asked for funding for a gameplay demo to pitch to publishers for final release, although pledge rewards include a finished game. Yeah, that's sketchy as hell. Seems like they completed the demo, so this definitely qualifies as fulfilled, but not looking great for the actual final game ever existing so some people might feel like this is a failure.
Sui Generis - November 2012 - Target was May 2014, combat demo coming soon, updates seem to have sort of limited content so I'm going to rate this as medium-high risk.
Battle Worlds Kronos - April 2013 - Released.
Defense Grid 2 - August 2012 - Beta available now, but funding cut it close and I know there was a scope reduction at first. I think this will end up releasing though, rating low risk.
TUG - May 2013 - Updates this week, looking good, backers have a playable. Target was January 2015 and they seem on track. Would rate low risk, but Yogscast are going to partner with devs, so upgrading to medium risk.
A Hat in Time - June 2013 - Massive overfunding, apparently an alpha available, but everything is backers only so I will rate as medium-high risk
Pathfinder Online Tech Demo - June 2012 - I actually can't tell what's happening here. I think their tech demo is more than done, but now they've moved on to making the game itself, and they have a closed alpha. People were not pledged the actual game, because they were just funding a tech demo, so this is fulfilled.
Shovel Knight - April 2013 - It's out, and it's incredible.
Dead State - July 2012 - Early Access, development continues, apparently disappointing but low chance of actually not releasing a game.
War for the Overworld - January 2013 - Weekly updates, early access on Steam, well received, low chance of failure.
Jagged Alliance Flashback - May 2013 - Early Access, development going well. Low chance of failure.
Small World 2 iOS - April 2013 - This appears to be a hybrid board game / digital game option and I can't tell from the updates if they've fulfilled everything but it looks like the digital game is released, so I'll mark this as fulfilled.
SolForge - September 2012 - Released.
Jane Jensen's Moebius and A Studio To Make More Games - May 2012 - Moebius is out, so I'll count this as fulfilled.
7 Days to Die - August 2013 - Out on Steam, maybe still EA but it's been in EA for a while, so very low chance of failure or fulfilled
Clang - July 2012 - Abject failure, not even close But frankly this was a crazy project that you would have been crazy to back
Grim Dawn - May 2012 - Early Access / well received, low chance of failure?
Two Guys SpaceVenture - June 2012 - Very clearly ran out of money. Most recent update was last month, development continues, apologies, progess seems good, 9-12 months out apparently. Medium-high chance of failure
Repulique - May 2012 - A few episodes released. I would say low-medium chance of not releasing the final project at this point.
Shadowrun Online - August 2012 - Updates every week, appears to be playable, not clear if it's fulfilled the original mandate yet or not.
Yogventures - May 2012 - Failed
Tex Murphy Project Fedora - June 2012 - Released.
Carmageddon Reincarnation - June 2012 - Behind schedule but on early access, low-medium chance of failure.
Leisure Suit Larry - May 2012 - Released.
Castle Story - August 2012 - Only promised a prototype, which is fulfilled. Continued development and updates including less than a month ago. I think this will be judged whether it's a failure or not in the year to come, but I feel like they probably met their obligations
The Banner Saga - April 2012 - Released on Steam, right? Or EA but advanced development / low risk?
Stonehearth - May 2013 - Still ahead of release date, Alpha 3, on Steam. Low-medium risk of failure.
Broken Sword 5 - September 2012 - Released, at least part of it.
Godus - December 2012 - On Early access, being updated. Yes you think it's shit, good for you, but this measures is it being released, and the answer seems to be yes.
Divinity Original Sin - April 2013 - Released and blowing people away.
Armikrog - June 2013 - Backers only updates, but development still seems active. Medium chance of failure?
Pathfinder Online - January 2013 - Oh, now I get what was going on with the tech demo above. Seems to still be in active development, medium chance of failure?
Omni Move - June 2013 - Public demos and frequent updates. Medium chance of failure
Massive Chalice - June 2013 - Ongoing updates, showed at E3 as coming to Xbox One, clearly going to be released. Low chance of failure.
Dreamfall Chapters - March 2013 - Now episodic, trailer in July, first episode coming soon on Steam. Low chance of failure for first episode, medium chance of failure for product as a whole.
Warmachine Tactics - August 2013 - Nearing launch, end-stage videos, beta launching soon, update this month. Low chance of failure.
Lord British Presents Not Ultima Online - April 2013 - Playable alpha for backers, last update less than a month ago. Low-medium chance of failure.
Star Citizen - November 2012 - Could literally refund every KS backer 15 times over, there isn't a chance this doesn't see release.
Planetary Annihilation - September 2012 - Early access? on Steam, frequent updates. Low chance of failure
Camelot Unchained - May 2013 - Funding continues after KS, but I can't remotely tell if they have a game yet and it's an MMO so medium to high risk of failure.
Oculus Rift - September 2012 - Gee I wonder.
Homestuck Adventure Game - October 2012 - Homestuck fans are weird. I had no idea that it was a thing until I went to a convention once and I had no idea who these grey blob people were. Somehow this still isn't out, but apparently the release target was June 2014 and they updated in June 2014. Comments seem to suggest they are dragging feet. High risk of failure?
Wasteland 2 - April 2012 - On track for releae.
Broken Age - March 2012 - First half out, last half on track for release.
Shadowrun Returns - April 2012 - Released.
Project Eternity - October 2012 - On track for release. Backer beta August.
Torment - April 2013 - Ramping up after Wasteland launches. Aiming 4th quarter 2015, too early to say.
Ouya - August 2012 - Released

Here you go...

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (DaBargainHunta, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Universe Sandbox -- MB-26D1DA8FBBB97A4C - Taken by Ezalc. 3 entrants total.

t1405621455z1.png

Vuze

Somebody up for the "Still Alive" achievement in Gun Monkeys for .10 pound playfire credit? Shouldn't take longer than three minutes. Hit me up on steam or add me :)

Link is on my GAF profile.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Banner Saga has released, not Early Access. They put the F2P multiplayer game up to get some more funding for the game before it came out, but they got there.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Undercutting other giveaways by not having a timer!

ModBot said:
Instructions for morningbus:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Universe Sandbox -- MB-71F987EE783D96B3 - Taken by Ozium

You should be able to play the uncensored one.
CSD is an amazing game, and it's gaffer-made to boot!
Wow, being able to play the uncensored TNO is really great but that price.

CSD, huh? So much hype here. Hope the 1$ get's to chubs. Doesn't look like my type of game though. Guess I'll try my luck with inadvertently giveaways. Maybe I will like it.

been trying to log into the PSN webstore to redeem my destiny beta to start remote downloading the beta for well over an hour now. Makes you appreciate steam a bit more when a beta sends a whole network crashing into a pile of a garbage

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Also you may want to check previous password outputs in the drop-down menu of the input box if you're using the dedicated 'Generate Secure Password' window. Looks like a history is stored per browser session.

Ah, neat. Cheers.

zkylon

zkylewd
I just use the Saoirse Ronan tag. You have to be logged in to get proper date-sorted results, though, otherwise you get a mess of posts that don't seem to have any sort of order. Tumblr's not a bad resource if you don't mind separating the wheat (news) from the chaff (fanfic/"shipping" nonsense).
yea well like i said i'm over it now so i don't really need resources :p

Holy shit, thanks, now at least I know I just have to avoid beaches.
make sure to avoid giant seashells too

just a suggestion

Copons

Oh hey, a new Humble Weekly in a bit- are there usually any hints like the main bundle as to what it'll be?

Chuby you should really stop putting your game on sale everywhere because now it's just a matter of time until everyone will oust me from the first page of the leaderboard, in which case I won't be responsible of my actions anymore and I could unveil the real Italian recipes you mistook, and then you'll have to say goodbye to your kitchen cred.

Now that Cook, Serve, Delicious is in a bundle for the first time ever, there's absolutely no excuse to own this gem.

Seriously, buy it and buy it hard.

You better believe I do. And Ozium too. And everyone else I haven't mentioned. Group hug y'all!

I bought your game during the past Winter sale and have been enjoying it ever since. That's something, right... >_>

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
My other big complaint is so many people list Kickstarter "successes" as games that were all but done by the time they hit Kickstarter. I'm sure Kickstarter helped, but it didn't create the game. I saw FTL in PC Gamer a year before it was on Kickstarter for example. To me, true Kickstarter games are ones that wouldn't exist without it, games like Wasteland 2, Shadowrun Returns, Broken Age, and such. Using that standard, even of those released, virtually every one has been over budget and released well after the original projection. Personally I'd be really curious about which games if any from Stump's list hit their original release date or were even close for that matter.

We don't have alternate universe time machines, so we can't say to what extent Kickstarter was necessary versus useful in lowering risk or expanding scope versus just a cash grab compared to a reality without Kickstarter. It's telling that you uncritically accept that those three games could have existed without Kickstarter, but not that FTL needed Kickstarter, and the reason for the distinction is basically "because the devs said they couldn't exist without kickstarter" versus FTL which "was shown in a magazine".

Coreda

A full list of KS Game Projects that Received over $100,000 and were funded at least one year ago

Part 1 $200,000+
Clang - July 2012 - Abject failure, not even close But frankly this was a crazy project that you would have been crazy to back

Interesting, had no idea. Saw it ages ago, but thought at least something simple would be produced considering it was meant to be primarily a combat sim.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ChimpanzeeThat, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Universe Sandbox -- MB-0A897E990DA916E1 - Taken by Natty1. 4 entrants total.

t1405621753z1.png

LbO6Rs7.gif

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Zero-Crescent, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Universe Sandbox -- MB-2D6D6B9902CF4E7F - Taken by Bel_Air_Jeff

Speevy

Banned
You better believe I do. And Ozium too. And everyone else I haven't mentioned. Group hug y'all!

I'm kidding of course. Thank you for developing one of the best cooking simulation games in the past several years.

I remember when we used to talk about the Ore no Ryouri on PSN, and what it would be like if they ever made another one.

Ibuki

Banned
Already bought it on launch, so here ya go!

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Junko, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Cook, Serve, Delicious! -- MB-27B68414B86ABDAA - Taken by KainXVIII. 14 entrants total.

t1405621874z1.png

Hugstable

Banned
I'm never getting 75% off Dishonored DLC am I?

Ha thats what I've been waiting for as well. With both the big DLC prices at 5$ each now I'm just considering buying the GOTY version since I already own the regular game, but it's the same price as getting both DLC anyway, plus other extras

chronomac

Enjoy. This is a great game.
ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (chronomac, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Cook, Serve, Delicious! -- MB-3F3CDBBF33BAB768 - Taken by ReduxMachine. 29 entrants total.

t1405631716z1.png

Ozium

I'm kidding of course. Thank you for developing one of the best cooking simulation games in the past several years.

I remember when we used to talk about the Ore no Ryouri on PSN, and what it would be like if they ever made another one.

Ore no Ryouri is awesome... CSD is awesome...
Cooking Mama ain't got nothin on Chubigans

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Universe Sandbox -- MB-964DDF1EB7404837 - Taken by anastef
Out of the Park Baseball 14 -- MB-8ADFD397BF5AA502 - Taken by PriitV

def sim

i can't find anyone to give this to and i'd like to clear my inventory a bit

someone take it :(

ModBot said:
Instructions for default two:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (default two, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Gun Monkeys -- MB-A13BF5DCA1357737 - Taken by celsowmbr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom