• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speevy

Banned
This isn't really a mystery. In fact, it's the new bundle featuring Cook, Serve, Delicious, Universe Sandbox, and Out of the Park Baseball 14!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Speevy:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

AUPeRsu.jpg

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-A6974857753B14D1 - Taken by MikeDip. 20 entrants total.

t1405622055z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Well that's entirely up to you but make sure you don't just smash in you price and checkout.

vT7PWC7.png

Though I do get the feeling most people don't alter the default split.

I never do. I'm a busy man. Those gifs and avatars don't upload themselves!

oh wow. Dishonored GOTY is cheap. short on cash though. will try to pick it up tomorrow.

I need to get around to playing the DLC. The game when played stealthily didn't quite impress me as much as I was hoping but I still had a lot of fun with it, save scumming and all.

Copons

So what's C,S,D like? I've heard of it but never seen it. What makes it special?

You'll learn how to type lasagna with P S C R M V keys only!

make sure to avoid giant seashells too

just a suggestion

:O

(btw I've explored a bit of a beach and I didn't find any terrifying sand spiders, but only some huge orcs who kicked my ass almost a dozen of times and I'm trying to figuring out if it's me that I'm under-leveled and I'm not supposed to go there, or it's just that I suck hard :( )

rrs

Less Universe Sandbox, more good stuff

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (thecharrr, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Euro Truck Simulator 2 -- MB-4567711F2ADE47A2 - Taken by Diedac
Out of the Park Baseball 14 -- MB-007248FD9843D468
Cook, Serve, Delicious -- MB-7D9D7BDDB502FFC1 - Taken by Ogedai_Khan
Tropico 4: Steam Special Edition -- MB-2B97562AB507680B

t1405631899z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
If it's so addictive then why you didn't you beat it? Huh? Huh?
cos i overupgraded lasagna and it got annoying to make :(

btw the slapping sound of like adding an ingredient is the most satisfying sound ever

:O

(btw I've explored a bit of a beach and I didn't find any terrifying sand spiders, but only some huge orcs who kicked my ass almost a dozen of times and I'm trying to figuring out if it's me that I'm under-leveled and I'm not supposed to go there, or it's just that I suck hard :( )
i think they're supposed to be in a desert? i dunno...

i'm waiting for a spider-free mod to be released to start the game, i can do abbie oddie in the meantime

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
njFyK8L.png

Go buy yourself a coffee, chubigans! It's on me.

(Also I am buying this bundle for literally no reason, I am getting nothing out of it, this is strictly a donation to chubigans)

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Haha Dead Rising 3 is gonna be great, we really need to get Game Nights going for this when ot comes out. I didn't even know it was coming to PC/Steam until thr summer sale!

well - I knew :) a few days before it went on sale
(can't contain those leaks :p)
... but yeah - bought it the same day it went up on steam :) same as MGR:R :]

Copons

cos i overupgraded lasagna and it got annoying to make :(

btw the slapping sound of like adding an ingredient is the most satisfying sound ever

WHAAAAAT lasagna stays easy even if fully upgraded.
PSMCR PSVCR PSCR (if I recall correctly, lasagna is so 2013 in my restaurant) is imho super comfortable to slap on the keyboard!

Nabs

I dream of a multiplayer CSD that's designed like one of those multiplayer Tetris games. You gain powerups as you successfully complete certain orders, but you also have the chance at receiving a troll item that can be sent over to a competing restaurant. Letting a box of rats loose on your friends establishment, or something as simple as a routine inspection to slow them down. One day, one day.

If you guys have even a passing interest in baseball
...all 3 of you here...
, I strongly suggest you give the OOTP franchise a go. It's one of the deepest sports simulators I've played through and easily falls in 'life wasting games' category with Civ 5, Football Manager, etc.

Nete

I have enough sport managers in my life with Football Manager, so I hope someone will be able to enjoy this.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Out of the Park Baseball 14 -- MB-6C9DFBD460AD3A6C - Taken by Xclash

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So that's a total of 6 failures? Out of a whole ton of Kickstarted projects?

A total of 6 unambiguous failures so far (there's another few that are likely to fail) for gaming-only projects at $100,000+ (lots of 5k-10k projects fail) with more than a year of development (many from the last year will fail as well).

I just wanted to do a level-headed analysis, which happened to show that many games get released and are great, many get released and end up kind of crummy, many get delayed but eventually come together, few fail altogether.

AMAZING

yGray

Banned
I never do. I'm a busy man. Those gifs and avatars don't upload themselves!

I need to get around to playing the DLC. The game when played stealthily didn't quite impress me as much as I was hoping but I still had a lot of fun with it, save scumming and all.

I really liked the game. I think it's one of the greatest games of last gen. I got the platinum on PS3 and beat the DLC. They really did the DLC right and did justice with the story. It opened up the lore a bit more.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Y'all are too cool, thanks so much!

I dream of a multiplayer CSD that's designed like one of those multiplayer Tetris games. You gain powerups as you successfully complete certain orders, but you also have the chance at receiving a troll item that can be sent over to a competing restaurant. Letting a box of rats loose on your friends establishment, or something as simple as a routine inspection to slow them down. One day, one day.

That does sound great! Hopefully GM Studio will open up online/networking a bit more because implementing online within GM now is pretty tough.

zkylon

zkylewd
my neighbor is playing the same 10s of this insanely depressing violin tune... it's driving me insane

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh

WHAAAAAT lasagna stays easy even if fully upgraded.
PSMCR PSVCR PSCR (if I recall correctly, lasagna is so 2013 in my restaurant) is imho super comfortable to slap on the keyboard!
i dunno i really liked it at first cos i think i could make it with one hand, but then it got complicated and i had to always keep saying the order out loud to remember it so no thanks

it was my favorite food to make before, such a tragedy...

Caerith

my neighbor is playing the same 10s of this insanely depressing violin tune... it's driving me insane

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i dunno i really liked it at first cos i think i could make it with one hand, but then it got complicated and i had to always keep saying the order out loud to remember it so no thanks

it was my favorite food to make before, such a tragedy...

All the recipes reset in NG+/extreme mode, so maybe vanilla lasagna can be your light at the end of the tunnel.

damn vuze, why you gotta call me out like that? just play the bball game and remember me when you hit a homerun or something and call it a day.

you're welcome, broski

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Universe Sandbox -- MB-00B839563C786C5F - Taken by Gintoki. 5 entrants total.
Personally I just like turning everything up on blast and watching the universe fall apart through slow and gradual heat death and stellar collapse. That's morbid. Maybe you'd rather actually try to simulate something useful.
Cook, Serve, Delicious -- MB-8B9648BA07AB2541 - Taken by Gianni Merryman. 15 entrants total.
Mtbmqsp.png
Tropico 4 -- MB-D6BF98004D789ED4 - Taken by WinterDemons. 7 entrants total.

t1405622955z1.png

Ozium

How odd. It just got taken, and Modbot said there were three entries. Did all of the Sandbox giveaways delay Modbot, or did three GAFers make a mad dash to go after it when I reposted the link?

ModBot goes through a 45 second cycle and it might have stacked w/ all the giveaways going at once..

Hugstable

Banned
Cook, Serve, Delicious is a hell of a fun gane, and for a dollar for the lowest price, you can't really go wrong with it. I paid a 3$ for it and have enjoyed what I've played. Jump on this game!

Vlad

Why so much love for CSD? Is it any good?

How good is Cook, Serve, Delicious?

It's amazing. I've got about five hours into it so far and almost have my restaurant up to two stars. The general feel reminds me a lot of Tapper, in that it's a fairly basic concept that can get maddeningly frantic fast. Not only are you preparing your food, but you're also planning the menu based around each food's attributes (too many fatty foods on the menu, and less people will show up, some foods will draw a larger crowd at night, etc). Not only that, but you want to keep in mind the actual process for cooking your foods when setting your menu up. Stuff like the chicken, sopapillas, and fries all require you to sit there and babysit the item until it's ready to serve, as opposed to a short prep time followed by a cooking period when you can do other things. This becomes important during rush hours, as you don't want to have a restaurant full of people who all want something fried, and you have to sit there and watch each dish cook.

The actual prep work isn't what you'd call accurate but it is oddly satisfying. Take the lasagna, for example:

You don't have to boil the noodles or anything, you just toss ingredients down in the right order by using the hotkeys (you can technically use a mouse, but you really don't want to). So someone comes up, orders lasagna, and it's PSCRPSCRPSCR- Enter. Once you get into the swing of it, it's quite fun to just hammer out the lasagnas like some sort of ninja chef.

Of course, you'll also notice that there's meat as one of the ingredients. As you go on, you get the option to upgrade your dishes. Upgraded items give you more money when they're purchased, but they have more ingredients and additional recipes to follow. The lasagna above is the only one that you have to do with the basic item, but once you upgrade, customers will start to request meat lasagna, as well, so after a good long while of habitually hammering out PSCRPSCRPSCR, you now have to do PSMCRPSMCRPSCR. It provides a nice risk-reward setup, where potential additional income is offset by increased difficulty.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Why is the Humble Account Protection code the same every time? Seems pretty pointless if it never changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom