• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egamer

Haha what an amazing bundle. Funny to see that OOTP 14 is in the bundle. I would recommend OOTP 15 though, much completer.

Just bought Dishonored as well, couldn't let it go for such a price.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
HappyJase.png

tumblr_mjxu91mf371s5wp8e5e.gif

Edit: "HappyJase.png", haha.

Dr Dogg

Why is the Humble Account Protection code the same every time? Seems pretty pointless if it never changes.

Mines been the same for a month now. Is it a bug that it's not sticking? If I redeem a bunch of keys within say 30 mins it never asks me more than the first time but if I go back a day later it brings up the old "Unrecognised Browser" dialog box despite still having a cookie from them.

Vuze

Some people might feel awkward about getting a bunch of thank yous, some people might feel like they're dropping a bunch of bundle garbage and so aren't too worried about getting thanks, whatever.

Dunno why it would be disturbing. It's just a way of saying "no worries, the thanks are assumed, go play the game!"

If you win a game that's amazing and you really have to express that, I'm sure the person wouldn't be too upset at getting a PM anyway.

I just feel obligated to thank the person for their gift regardless of price/quality of the game - disturbing was probably the wrong word to use. :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I typically respond to thank-you PMs with a "No worries", but if I receive more than a few at more or less the same time then I just ignore them.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Mines been the same for a month now. Is it a bug that it's not sticking? If I redeem a bunch of keys within say 30 mins it never asks me more than the first time but if I go back a day later it brings up the old "Unrecognised Browser" dialog box despite still having a cookie from them.

Yeah I always get asked for it no matter what.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Kickstarter-funded Yogventures canned, backers given Steam key for another game instead
Yogscast "under no obligation to do anything" but will try "to make this right".
well - this happened, I guess ... lol

This is so scummy, it looked like a terrible kickstarter to begin with. At least they're trying to make up for their losses though, they could have been even worse than they were.

You should see some of the comments on the Yogscast subreddit

what the fuck

Some of those have to be troll comments. Not all of them can be real, that's impossible.

And it is definitely shit because it is not Greek.

Welcome back.

randomkid

A full list of KS Game Projects that Received over $100,000 and were funded at least one year ago

This post reminded me of the only kickstarter I ever backed, LA Game Space. Of the 33 games that were promised in the Indie Game Pak, 23 were eventually released, but 19 months later, none of the marquis games that were advertised from the famous creators (QWOP, Hotline Miami, Unfinished Swan) are among that number. Also in the Indie Classics Bundle, Basement Collection is still listed as "Coming Soon" despite being a game that already exists, I'd like to actually try it out one day. We did get Keita's game though so that's cool.

Also the center itself seems nowhere near ready and I think they had to have some sort of DJ benefit recently for more funding but I wasn't honestly expecting that to ever materialize, I just wanted some weirdo games from the folks they advertised. Communication has been among the worst of any Kickstarter I've seen, the last update was at the beginning of January and checking out the comments reveals that lots of people were unhappy with physical rewards. Just seems like these guys are in way over their heads, but I got some neat games for $15 at least so I'm not too miffed or anything.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
The anonymous benefactor behind the latest bundle giveaway, who on earth could that be? lol

Mokoi

Banned
I was too lazy to input each link, so just giving away the entire bundle. Also no need to thank me via thread/pm. I forgot to add that rule.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mokoi, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Humble Weekly Bundle: Simulators 2 -- MB-B77754035D01D55F - Taken by SSPssp. 27 entrants total.

t1405623555z1.png

Jørdan

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Jrdan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.
- Eat your greens.

Tales of Maj'Eyal -- MB-7F83149C944628D5 - Taken by billmcdougal

Anyone share the split with charity?

Reposting for a new page...
I probably won't be around to repost it again shortly, so... good luck and whomever wins, make sure you do the 60fps fix. :D

original.gif

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (corrosivefrost, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Killer is Dead -- MB-85375BD1D2537273 - Taken by NingenJanai

t1405628775z1.png

tumblr_mm3hyblUuL1qeo7cdo1_500.gif

tumblr_mrjw5uJiHp1rtwdzuo1_400.gif

Have fun. Just stay away from my waifu:

Vuze

Oh Gun Monkeys. Hit up my brother to go for the achievement and the game just kicked both of us from the match and we could only get rid of it by Alt+F4-ing lol

Defense Grid 2 - August 2012 - Beta available now, but funding cut it close and I know there was a scope reduction at first. I think this will end up releasing though, rating low risk.
Dead State - July 2012 - Early Access, development continues, apparently disappointing but low chance of actually not releasing a game.
Two Guys SpaceVenture - June 2012 - Very clearly ran out of money. Most recent update was last month, development continues, apologies, progress seems good, 9-12 months out apparently. Medium-high chance of failure

I think you are off on your description on Defense Grid 2. The kickstarter was only funded to the point of delivering an expansion pack for the original defense grid, Containment. Which they did delver. However after all was said and done, someone came in and fully funded Defense Grid 2 and they decided to give the backers access to the game even though the kickstarter didn't reach funding goals.

Dead State should be higher risk of failure. They just came out that they have put out the last early access update and now they will begin working on the rest of the game. My gut feeling is they are going to disappear and never be heard from again.

Two Guys SpaceVenture - Unless they get outside help, I don't see this game getting finished.

Dr Dogg

Jørdan;121469098 said:
Anyone share the split with charity?

I gave all of it to charity during the Origin Bundle. Still pissed they dropped EFF from that (guessing it went against EA's 'ethics') but more of the recent bundles haven't been supporting them either.

fallout

My other big complaint is so many people list Kickstarter "successes" as games that were all but done by the time they hit Kickstarter. I'm sure Kickstarter helped, but it didn't create the game.
In terms of measuring Kickstarter "success", this seems rather artificial and more geared toward looking for failure just for the sake of proving something negative about Kickstarter.

Personally, I have typically only backed projects where they had something substantial to show or something else to offer me (e.g., the Double Fine Adventure documentary). I think a perfectly valid use of Kickstarter is to develop a game to a point on your own and then get some crowd funding to push it through to the end.

A nice "big dev" example of this was how Firaxis developed Civ 4. It was a small team for a few years, working out the gameplay and systems. Then, when they were happy with it, they brought in people to do art, music, etc. at the end.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I think you are off on your description on Defense Grid 2. The kickstarter was only funded to the point of delivering an expansion pack for the original defense grid, Containment. Which they did delver. However after all was said and done, someone came in and fully funded Defense Grid 2 and they decided to give the backers access to the game even though the kickstarter didn't reach funding goals.

I knew there was something like that.

Dead State should be higher risk of failure. They just came out that they have put out the last early access update and now they will begin working on the rest of the game. My gut feeling is they are going to disappear and never be heard from again.

I'm not doubting you but I very specifically didn't want to get into anything that felt like actually judging the people's ability to deliver, rather than the progress of updates and the stage that the game is at. Dead State is playable (although obviously I've heard bad things) and updated less than a month ago. For now I think it's pretty likely that something will come out. If they update 6 months later to say "development is hard" or "we've run out of money", we'll raise it.

Beat Ride to Hell.
Nothing to say really. It was a game. Best part is that for the QTEs you don't instantly fail them if you press the wrong button. So I'd just mash all four face-buttons at once every time a QTE popped up.

Also grabbed all the achievements in Abyss Odyssey. I figure since the dev is pretty active they'll post some new ones before long but whatevs, I'm under 100 gigs of space and I gotta start making room.

Gallery updated (spoilers for Ride to Hell, AO, among others) - http://pepsimanvsjoe.minus.com/

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Great giveaway CorrosiveFrost! I've finished the first five chapters, the game is so classy!

Suda51 is the Andy Warhol of video game devs

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Cook, Server, Delicious -- MB-161837D83B12C34F - Taken by DarkMehm

Jørdan

I gave all of it to charity during the Origin Bundle. Still pissed they dropped EFF from that (guessing it went against EA's 'ethics') but more of the recent bundles haven't been supporting them either.

I think the EA bundle(s) is the only one I've put 100% charity, otherwise it's split 50/50 between the developer and charity. Humble get a lot of love so I figure my small contribution is more effective that way.

Yeah I usually do. However, this time I gave it all to chub.

Fair enough, not a criticism of anyone on how the decide, just after a few posts mentioning the same thing I got curious.

Berlok

Yesterday I won a copy of Gun Monkeys from taco543. Not only did I receive the key via ModBot, but when I redeemed it in Steam I received another gift copy of the game!

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:

Gun Monkeys -- MB-DFE6E35159007624 - Taken by electroflame

zkylon

zkylewd
from what i played of dead state there is little doubt in my mind they'll do their best to finish the damn thing

they update sort of frequently on their forums and the game is pretty feature-complete, even tho in clearly a very rough alpha state

but this is fucking mitsoda, you can't doubt mitsoda

You don't, because if you wanted to you shouldn't have entered to begin with. ;)
would you consider adding that feature stinkapow?

it wasn't my fault i was born this dumb

Winning KiD would make my fucking week, having spent a good deal of cash on the PS3 LE last year and being completely broke right now it's hard to justify a double dip until it hits a sub 10 euro price.
Love the game, it's so awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom