• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I'm pretty sure it will be localized. In europe, at least.

Too bad the Wii U isn't region free :/

meh. I say meh sir (madam? I dunno, spawn from hell more like it from the avatar)

image.php

Dr Dogg

Just got a retina Macbook and (I know it's not meant for gaming, yada yada) I was wondering if there was any plugin or something to increase the image quality within the Steam client. Pretty much everything is low res and even the text is extremely fuzzy. Didn't know if someone out there had made a patch to help with it.

In OS X or are you using Windows through Bootcamp or something similar? Resolution scaling in OS X through the accessibility options works peachy for me but Windows has some issues with high DPI scaling and applications that don't play ball. Pixel Vision is a good skin as you can increase the font size in the options and I'm sure there are a few others too.

so every time I want to use it I have to tun this Xinput thing, or is it a one time thing?

Ooooorr if you want to get technical and do a bit of leg work yourself and you could add it to the registry as a Windows Service. Should start up every time then unless it does something funky or needs a dependency like the controller plugged in on start up.

devo1989

keys
ModBot said:
Instructions for devo1989:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (devo1989, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

The Swapper -- MB-3D0A0F66ADFE729F - Taken by NightmareTrigger
Universe Sandbox -- MB-C5568CB4459F2853 - Taken by HalfwayOrb
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-73A545295F1E8AC9 - Taken by Sharkiller
t1cxE6r.gif
Xcom: Enemy Unknown -- MB-BE7E704C1EED48C5 - Taken by Leg-End
Alan Wake's American Nightmare Steam Key -- MB-5ACD2062C7E26F15 - Taken by Speevy
Dust: An Elysian Tail -- MB-A01348A78DD06BFC - Taken by gaiadyne
BioShock -- MB-5A55264BD327C5B0 - Taken by thePenguin
Cortex Command -- MB-4B8C785BF40076CF - Taken by Hugstable
Zeno Clash -- MB-11D82C53F9645034 - Taken by fuzzy123

so every time I want to use it I have to tun this Xinput thing, or is it a one time thing?

It's a one time thing if you use the better project, DS3 SCP Server. Works with both DS3 and DS4. You can use multiple controllers at once. It just lacks DS4 touchpad support and lightbar customization.

Symphonic

In OS X or are you using Windows through Bootcamp or something similar? Resolution scaling in OS X through the accessibility options works peachy for me but Windows has some issues with high DPI scaling and applications that don't play ball. Pixel Vision is a good skin as you can increase the font size in the options and I'm sure there are a few others too.

Can't find that option in Accessibility...

PM me?

Feep

Banned
A full list of KS Game Projects that Received over $100,000 and were funded at least one year ago

There Came An Echo - March 2013 - Ask Feep, but progress seems pretty good IMHO and they have external investments from Intel. Feep seems pretty scrupulous to me.
We'll be releasing in about half a year. I would have to literally die at this point for that not to happen. We're good on money (thanks, Intel!) and also have a lot of auxiliary benefits coming from that partnership: localization, QA, and ESRB submission among them.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
We'll be releasing in about half a year. I would have to literally die at this point for that not to happen. We're good on money (thanks, Intel!) and also have a lot of auxiliary benefits coming from that partnership: localization, QA, and ESRB submission among them.

This looks fantastic and Wil Wheaton is one of my childhood heroes. Definitely looking forward to this.

New Blink Bundle is live!
https://www.blinkbundle.com/

Don't tell me this has posted...

Awesome bundle except I own almost all of it. I wholeheartedly recommend FATE to anyone who even has a passing interesting in loot-based ARPG games like Torchlight or Diablo.

Mokoi

Banned
It just runs in the background.

Well yeah it does, but if you unplug the controller you have to stop/start it again. Which still requries some effort that many people are not willing to put in. For example, Rhaknar is exactly that person. ↓↓↓

its already too much effort if I cant forget it forever

yes, im THAT lazy

Then unfortunately using the ds4 is not for you.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Secret of the Magic Crystals is in the $5 tier?

That plus the DLC for it.

Tier 1: $1.99
A Virus Named TOM
Love
Not The Robots
Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages

Tier 2: $4.99
Go Home Dinosaurs!
FATE
Chip
Retro/Grade
Secret of the Magic Crystals
Secret of the Magic Crystals - The Race (DLC)
Circuits
Canyon Capers
Canyon Capers - Rio Fever (DLC)
Bonus Game

Mono

YAY SPORTBALL!! \o/

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mono, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Out of the Park Baseball 14 -- MB-9A9EECC3B6DE3489 - Taken by Purkake4. 2 entrants total.

t1405635853z1.png

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Well yeah it does, but if you unplug the controller you have to stop/start it again. Which still requries some effort that many people are not willing to put in. For example, Rhaknar is exactly that person. ↓↓↓

It shouldn't require a new stop/start. I unplug and replug it in all the time and it just works. Maybe it's different with BT.

Mono

That plus the DLC for it.

Tier 1: $1.99
A Virus Named TOM
Love
Not The Robots
Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages

Tier 2: $4.99
Go Home Dinosaurs!
FATE
Chip
Retro/Grade
Secret of the Magic Crystals
Secret of the Magic Crystals - The Race (DLC)
Circuits
Canyon Capers
Canyon Capers - Rio Fever (DLC)
Bonus Game

Not The Robots looks hilarious

Rudakus

This looks awesome Feep can't wait for the release!

Speevy

Banned
One of those strategy things. You guys like these, right?

ModBot said:
Instructions for Speevy:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Europa Universalis IV -- MB-4D2173B9E86ACC3F - Taken by Fox318. 29 entrants total.

t1405647013z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Not The Robots looks hilarious
It's a fun game. I really enjoyed it

Impressions:
Strip away the weird furniture eating, robots characters, and roguelike elements and you'd still be left with a unique and challenging stealth game where the only way to win is to remove your cover.

Not The Robots is a randomly generated stealth roguelite where, rather than lurking through dungeon tunnels or planning turns, you're evading sentry bots, avoiding lasers, moving over dangerous floor tiles, and myriad other hazards as you progress through the procedurally generated floors of various buildings. Your uni-wheeled robot can roll fast to quickly break line of sight of armed sentries or keep up with a moving laser grid, as well as crouch to hide behind obstacles and avoid other dangers. To complete a floor, your robot must devour a set amount of furniture per level to unlock the exit and there in lies the strategy. Removing furniture means less places to hide, less barriers to block lasers, and makes getting to the exit that much more challenging; it even adds slight puzzle vibe to the game, as planning what furniture to remove will help your escape, especially since sentry patrols will change once you open new paths.You have limited health and your only course of action when seen is to run and hide. Better scores are earned by eating all furniture, taking no damage, not being seen, and upon death, you rank up and can unlock permanent upgrades.

Ozium

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ozium, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Echo of the Wilds -- MB-94BC89A24FCCD030 - Taken by Speevy
Strategic War in Europe -- MB-D046821F4CC4DF10 - Taken by TheMadMan007

Speevy

Banned
This is kind of a weird aside but does anyone have a code for The Walking Dead Season 1?

I know they were doing it in a bundle at some point and I missed it.

Then unfortunately using the ds4 is not for you.

That's a lie. If he installs the SCP DS3 service, it's a one time only setup and then he can use both his DS3s and DS4s. :p

Wait, what?

tylerf

Of course Cook Serve Delicious drops to 1 dollar only a few weeks after I buy it for 2 dollars. Feel so ripped off.
It's worth way more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom