• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monooboe

Apparently Wolfenstein keeps crashing when I have either Chrome or Opera open in the background.o_O Well I did manage to play for a hour and can already say that I LOVE THIS GAME! It looks great, the story or at least the "acting" was alot better than I expected and most importantly it feels awesome to shoot Nazis.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I don't blame you, the excitement can outweigh reason in these situations.

We all know games like MGSV and Destiny are coming, just need to be announced.

i believe less and less in that

Blink Bundle knows what's up, they just straight up say CARDS on every game that has them, almost like they know why some people buy their bundles.

well its a card bundle so :p

Nabs

how easy is it to setup a ps4 controller anyway? I know they never released official drivers (didnt they say they would? liars!) but Ive been wanting to set it up mostly for fighters, as I cba using my giant fightstick at my desk (and to be honest, I dont even like it much, especially for anything that isnt SF4...I guess ill always be a pad player at heart)

Very easy. Click this.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

I'm still waiting for Red Dead Redemption :(

I thought that was coming at one point too.

I've never done a giveaway lasting longer than 15 minutes. What's the etiquette on advertising it on subsequent pages?

Mention as often as you like, just don't post it every five minutes :p

fantomena

For some reason ES in Chrome won't show me green boxes, only in Firefox and I hate using Firefox.

I have cleared cache, activated, deactivated and reintalled the extension. No luck so far.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I've never done a giveaway lasting longer than 15 minutes. What's the etiquette on advertising it on subsequent pages?

i like to do every hour on a 3hour one. I never use 24hours and 15 isnt enough time to repost, unless it was on the bottom of the page

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
For some reason ES in Chrome won't show me green boxed, only in Firefox and I hate using Firefox.

I have cleared cache, activated, deactivated and reintalled the extension. No luck so far.

In the most current version (6.4) I had to move away from the API and back to page scraping for a few things. Unfortunately, this breaks functionality currently if your profile isn't public, so that might be the issue. Working on a fix for the next version.

fantomena

Fuck GetGamesGo. Just fuck'em. For some fucked up reason I can't buy stuff from them with PayPal, but I can with my VISA. But the games I bought (Gothic 2 & 3) has invalid Steam codes.

Fuck'em hard.

In the most current version (6.4) I had to move away from the API and back to page scraping for a few things. Unfortunately, this breaks functionality currently if your profile isn't public, so that might be the issue. Working on a fix for the next version.

Ah, thanks. :)

Hugstable

Banned
My steam program has been acting all weird and telling me access denied when trying to access anything in the Steam Community today including the Market or my activity. I have no clue what is going on right now and kinda worried about it. Does anyone have any experience with this that could help me out?

57LKPeD.png

Edit: It seems to be doing it from the Browser Steampowered.com also

Ozium

My steam program has been acting all weird and telling me access denied when trying to access anything in the Steam Community today including the Market or my activity. I have no clue what is going on right now and kinda worried about it. Does anyone have any experience with this that could help me out?

you got banned, son

Ozium

Abyss Odyssey update now available...

Fixes / changes include:

• Togglable friendly fire option. Note: Deactivating friendly fire does not allow posting to leaderboards.
• Created ‘Nightmare mode’ difficulty setting: In this mode enemies attack more aggressively and single-player boss battles feature support minions.
• Created an achievement for beating the game in nightmare mode.
• Updated all interfaces to properly display corresponding keyboard or controller inputs.
• Updated controls menu: Gamepad controls are now configurable.
• Added missing resolutions to graphic options menu.
• Fixed one case of players being unable to move when resurrecting a partner (shopkeeper cannot be interacted with during resurrect animation) .
• Slightly increased turn speed for some characters that had slower turns.
• Nerfed Pincoya’s ground regular attacks a bit. Nerfed firefighter’s shotgun blast.
• Tweaked ultra button combination so it’s slightly easier to perform.
• Tweaked controller sensitivity for navigating menus with analogue sticks.
• Fixed potential non-progression in Warlock battle.

Mokoi

Banned
It shouldn't require a new stop/start. I unplug and replug it in all the time and it just works. Maybe it's different with BT.

Yeah probably. However,I just made a new discovery so now I can just unplug/plug back in and it stills works without having to start/stop it again.

That's a lie. If he installs the SCP DS3 service, it's a one time only setup and then he can use both his DS3s and DS4s. :p

Why would you want to use a DS3? Those sticks/triggers suck. Anyways I figured out a solution to my problem as I have stated above.

Speevy

Banned
The trick with the cards is not to buy them, but to let them offset your purchase.

So if you buy a $5 game, getting 20% of its value back in cards is really good.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Not sure on this particular issue, but it looks like you're not alone.

posting just to say how good EnhancedSteam is. Thank you jshackles

No problem! Glad you like it. :)

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder how much it would cost to just buy the cards on the market instead.

It would probably be a little less than the bundle, maybe a dollar/half a dollar or so, considering how many games you're getting for $4.99 and how the cards for said games are probably dropping slightly. Though you might get lucky and get a foil, and it might be a bit cheaper to get the cards if you plan on getting of the badges for those games.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Any thoughts on that new humble bundle? I already have cook serve delicious so Idk if the others are worth playing

JakeD

The trick with the cards is not to buy them, but to let them offset your purchase.

So if you buy a $5 game, getting 20% of its value back in cards is really good.

yep, i made $10 selling cards last week. 15 cents can add up fast, especially if you use enhanced steam's sort by highest drop value

Sky Chief

Hi friends, I heard people here like video games. Here are some!

Remember, it's a free for all! Best of luck and have fun!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sky Chief:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sky Chief, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Universe Sandbox -- MB-E341232BDCB3D1C0 - Taken by cyrok
Out of the Park Baseball 14 -- MB-DCE83279EC451AC8 - Taken by bobnowhere
Dishonored -- MB-BC054953014BFCDB - Taken by Ozium
Cook, Serve, Delicious! -- MB-E9C98DF18FFF0803 - Taken by doctorcdcs

t1405648928z1.png

So I can now get 50ish-FPS on Witcher 2 maxed w/ Ubersampling.

I think I'm ready for Witcher 3....
sans whatever crazy sampling they come up with

these things...they take time.

If you like baseball and/or Football Manager. OOTP 14 is absolutely worth it.

my man.

Why would you want to use a DS3? Those sticks/triggers suck. Anyways I figured out a solution to my problem as I have stated above.

Why wouldn't I? With real triggers, it's my favorite controller.
My DS4, for whatever reason, has a sticky R1 (manufacturing defect it seems, i press it down and it gets stuck and won't pop back up. I keep hoping it will just clear up if I use it enough...) and I can honestly say I don't like the R2/L2 as much as I like the DS3 with the real triggers. Sticks is a push for me. And there's something more comfortable with a DS3 to me.

But the better point here is "want to do 2 player local co-op? Have multiple DS3s and 1 DS4? Now you can!" Not that you could with the DS4 tool branches anyway, from what I understand.

MayMay

Banned

Tried using a different browser? Also, google the issue - I'm 99% sure there's an answer out there. I had the same issue once a looong time ago but I can't remember how I fixed it anymore :L

Edit: Also, you're not banned lol

Nabs

Why wouldn't I? With real triggers, it's my favorite controller.
My DS4, for whatever reason, has a sticky R1 (manufacturing defect it seems, i press it down and it gets stuck and won't pop back up. I keep hoping it will just clear up if I use it enough...) and I can honestly say I don't like the R2/L2 as much as I like the DS3 with the real triggers. Sticks is a push for me. And there's something more comfortable with a DS3 to me.

But the better point here is "want to do 2 player local co-op? Have multiple DS3s and 1 DS4? Now you can!" Not that you could with the DS4 tool branches anyway, from what I understand.

I know DS4Windows made it so DS3 SCP and DS4 drivers don't have a problem with one another. I don't know if the forks of it kept that, but it seemed like a simple fix for the dev.

Dr Dogg

So I can now get 50ish-FPS on Witcher 2 maxed w/ Ubersampling.

I think I'm ready for Witcher 3....
sans whatever crazy sampling they come up with

I was fiddling around about a month or two back and at 2560x1440 with 2 780s I can get 90-110 fps in gameplay but cutscenes that use bokeh DoF still batter me down to 40ish at times. I posted a link to Bart Wronski's blog about how it's implemented in The Witcher 2 but is stupendously demanding still.

I know DS4Windows made it so DS3 SCP and DS4 drivers don't have a problem with one another. I don't know if the forks of it kept that, but it seemed like a simple fix for the dev.

Wouldn't they have a problem inherently because SCP DS3 uses the custom BT driver for your dongle and these new DS4 branches don't?

Beelzebubs

It depends.

If you sell a .20 card, which many, many games have, that's 1/5 of a dollar right there.

Just letting a game run in the background while you sleep is worth at least 50 cents.

I'm kinda cheating with letting the games run in the background as I'm using Steam Achievement Manager due to me being nearly at data cap for the month.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like trying Ys 1 (and also like playing more Guild Wars 2, but I won't!). What's the best control scheme, keyboard or Xbox gamepad?

Leg-End

Having not played a manager sim before, is there anything you'd liken it to? OOTP intruges me.

It's like a really pretty spreadsheet.

Hard sort of game to sell, its full of depth but a lot of it also comes down to the player. See I'm a baseball stat nerd so sifting through 10 pages of stats to find a hidden gem appeals to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom