• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

edit: oh shit, I just noticed we have motherfcuking Earl Gray tea in bar now :O they brought out the good stuff for the bikers I see o_O

Im going to have to give this earl gray a spin, see what the fuss is about

I really like it. It's basically the only tea I drink (and on that note, I'm gonna go make some for myself too).

vg260

heh, first time ive noticed this new image on steam games with full controller support

oPDX28F.png

Good to see that they acknowledge the PS4 controller also.

I thought that is from the Cook, Serve, Delicious page and made specifically for that page since it shares the game's artstyle.

Volimar

im about to open a big ass can of worms on all your british asses (those of you with british asses of course)...

earl gray tastes like shit o_O what a fucking disapointment :(

Earl Grey is the only tea I drink apart from the common orange pekoe. I like it a bit sweet.

Turfster

Those images will still sell, since the game's writing clearly wasn't the game's biggest selling point :p

It's really lazy though. There could have been at least five new lewd pictures to look at instead.
Or written some more background stuff on the characters, or stuff about how they developed the game, or... you know, the new content you see in the good cards.

BadRamen

Hmm, all these recommendations to not play Thief 2014... well, I got it for free and I am AGAINST THE PREESTABLISHMENT...

Less do eet

Also, following up on my earlier claim, earlier today I did beat Enslaved. I am gonna save the DLC for later though.

Extra from the Humble Bundle today and please dear god somebody take this copy of Greed Corp that continues to go unclaimed. It was an ok game, really. I promise.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (thisisalan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Universe Sandbox -- MB-9AC0DAE603CB361D - Taken by BHK3. 1 entrants total.
Greed Corp -- MB-C9B9C8491B7B77F9 - Taken by davepoobond. 3 entrants total.

t1405653667z1.png

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
im about to open a big ass can of worms on all your british asses (those of you with british asses of course)...

earl gray tastes like shit o_O what a fucking disapointment :(

Black teas, like an awful lot of other things to do with the human sense of taste, is an acquired taste. If you want a less potent, less full-bodied flavour, you presumably want a less oxidized tea, like a green tea. Earl grey tea is basically just a black tea blend + bergamot oil (bergamot is a citrus that's sort of between a lemon and an orange)

What is the leaderboard actually measuring?

Numbersore.

So, I take it Abyss Odyssey is pretty good? For some reason I thought it would be like Abe's Oddysee because of the naming similarities. But, judging from Giant Bomb's quick look, it appears to be a whole lot of fun. There was a comparison made to Smash Brothers, which for some reason piques my interest in the game.

xeris

Already had this, so figured I'd leave it here.

ModBot said:
Instructions for xeris:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Tropico 4: Steam Special Edition -- MB-F16C283AC5B4EFDF - Taken by oipic. 6 entrants total.

t1405653909z1.png

heh, first time ive noticed this new image on steam games with full controller support

oPDX28F.png

Good to see that they acknowledge the PS4 controller also.

It would be cool if Valve officially promoted the DS4, since Sony isn't going to do it. Give players more options and hopefully more games with proper button prompts.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
What is the leaderboard actually measuring?

Times you beat the Warlock

Numbersore.

So, I take it Abyss Odyssey is pretty good? For some reason I thought it would be like Abe's Oddysee because of the naming similarities. But, judging from Giant Bomb's quick look, it appears to be a whole lot of fun. There was a comparison made to Smash Brothers, which for some reason piques my interest in the game.

Numbersore.

Its addictive and yes it is like smash in terms of combat.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Black teas, like an awful lot of other things to do with the human sense of taste, is an acquired taste. If you want a less potent, less full-bodied flavour, you presumably want a less oxidized tea, like a green tea. Earl grey tea is basically just a black tea blend + bergamot oil (bergamot is a citrus that's sort of between a lemon and an orange)

I actually love black tea. I just didnt like earl gray, tasted...weird

Turfster

Doublefines game do it best, what other games use concept art/new art for it's cards?
Consortium has character bios.
Sword of the Stars The Pit has concept art, as does Shufflepuck Cantina Deluxe.
Quite a lot of the other stuff I crafted has "new" art (possibly concept art) or character art.

For some reason the eXceed games don't appear in my badges profile. Why is that? I'm very sure they have drops.

I wonder if other games do this and I'm missing cards >_>

For some reason the eXceed games don't appear in my badges profile. Why is that? I'm very sure they have drops.

I wonder if other games do this and I'm missing cards >_>

as far as i can tell the badges page only shows:
  • games that have card drops remaining
  • games where you've collected at least one card
  • games where you've crafted at least one badge
  • games where you've exhausted all card drops and have not crafted the badge only if you've recently played the game

maneil99

Birthday was good, spent the day after work watching DotPotA again but was still just as enjoyable with my dad. Anything cool happen?

dmix90

If all games in that QuakeCon Bundle from ru store are really not ip locked, then $55 is too much, it costs ~$45.3 without seller share. Sorry for potential shameless plug. Can anyone tell me please how i can discover exact game sub id from bundle? Is that even possible, some HTML source code stuff?

Birthday was good, spent the day after work watching DotPotA again but was still just as enjoyable with my dad. Anything cool happen?

Cook Serve Delicious is in a humble bundle.

Shadownet and Phoenix started the destiny beta so probably won't be seen for 10 days.

Happy Birthday.

Turfster

If all games in that QuakeCon Bundle from ru store are really not ip locked, then $55 is too much, it costs ~$45.3 without seller share. Sorry for potential shameless plug. Can anyone tell me please how i can discover exact game sub id from bundle? Is that even possible, some HTML source code stuff?

RU Quakecon Bundle should be 47976

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I actually am looking forward to this new Doom. That's amazing considering how little I was before.
I actually forgot they were still working on it

zkylon

zkylewd

so, that was fast?

beaten abyss odyssey (saved chile) with katrien

pretty interesting game, i'll echo the cries for a bit more responsiveness (i really wish the game would allow you to attack in a direction other than the one you're facing but i guess that's a smash thing?) but it's a cool game, i liked it, it's got a real megaten vibe going for it what with the skeleton people and pacts with the devil and artwork from hell and such

i don't see myself replaying it hundreds of times but i'll probably at least try it out with the other characters. i kinda wish the game was a bit longer with more room for a more robust inventory system and a much better special ability menu (seriously you're not even told what abilities do and are left to guess from icons... wtf) and just more progression overall. getting a sword with 16 damage instead of 10 is completely pointless if you don't have a basic framework to guess what does numbers even mean. there were also some spiders but it wasn't too bad, they die on one hit and are pretty simple to kill and fortunately they just blow up into nothingness.

in the end, there's a lot of stuff that's left unexplained but i kinda enjoy that, even tho still after beating it i'm not sure if special attacks cost mana or not or what curse does or what was the purpose of using those checkpoint coins. but that's sort of the fun so i'm cool with it

so yeah, a little short on the content side, at least on a single run, but it seems like this game is meant to be played multiple times so that might not be true. i've unlocked the wraith-looking guy so imma try him next and see about getting my hands on the naked lady.

oh also i wish they put on some hair products on katrien's hair... that thing looks like an afro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom