• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Abyss Odyssey is buggy, I respawned from an altar and couldn't move anymore, I could jump but not move horizontally, I had to quit playing, I guess I'll wait till they patch it to try it again.

Lain

Went to play a bit of Abyss Odyssey, died, as the soldier resurrected my sexy ass and now I can't move. I thought the patch fixed that? (also alt-tabbing out of the game to write this post crashed the game).
I'm gonna go play some Shantae instead.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yes, just logged back into Steam after working really hard on a video project for the past couple of days, to see i can use the market again, and that i got a Papers Please booster. Open it, FOIL!

Enjoy it. ;) I generally open my boosters as unless the cards are super-cheap badge food they tend to languish on the market for quite a while, and there has been exactly one case of a booster dropping a foil for me.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Abyss Odyssey is buggy, I respawned from an altar and couldn't move anymore, I could jump but not move horizontally, I had to quit playing, I guess I'll wait till they patch it to try it again.

That was patched today...

That's odd. I've yet to encounter that bug. Is it a coop only thing?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
is this Darkblood Online or whatever its called a +1?

That was patched today...

Thats odd. I've yet to encounter that bug. Is it a coop only thing?

The release notes say it is...
But every time I hit it was in solo play. My first 3 attempts to beat the game had it end with it. It my Twitch stream hadn't died for some random reason (what's up with that -- all the sudden sometimes, my twitch streaming indicator is there but has a red x through it...), I would've had it recorded and you could've watched ghost monk fly through the level using the jump forward overhead smash special. :lol

I played 10 minutes ago after the patch downloaded and I still had the bug happen.

Hmmm, glad to know they somehow missed it. I did point it out to them in their feedback thread that Nito linked. :)

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Found this while browsing horror gif images.

SaoirseRonanLollipop.gif

Thought it might be relevant to SteamGAF's interests.

Deitus

Willow's girlfriend after she got shot
?

spoiler-tagging 12 year old tv shows for the ultra sensitives out there!

What's the point of spoiler tagging if people don't know what 12 year old show you are spoiling? And now Buffy is ruined forever, thanks a lot. :p

The release notes say it is...
But every time I hit it was in solo play. My first 3 attempts to beat the game had it end with it. It my Twitch stream hadn't died for some random reason (what's up with that -- all the sudden sometimes, my twitch streaming indicator is there but has a red x through it...), I would've had it recorded and you could've watched ghost monk fly through the level using the jump forward overhead smash special. :lol

Hmmm, glad to know they somehow missed it. I did point it out to them in their feedback thread that Nito linked. :)

Yeah, I was playing solo and it happened to me, maybe the fixed it only for online play?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What's the point of spoiler tagging if people don't know what 12 year old show you are spoiling? And now Buffy is ruined forever, thanks a lot. :p

youre welcome. Curiosity kills more than just cats you know

Bruce Willis was a ghost

Yes. Every free game released from now on will be a +1. Also, Valve recently moved all demos to the new sub type so there's a strong possibility that previous free games will become +1s, too.

hmm Im getting dangerously close to 2k, I need to start thinking about something special for that since 1k happened without me even noticing back then

JaseC

is this Darkblood Online or whatever its called a +1?

Yes. Every free game released from now on will be a +1. Also, Valve recently moved all demos to the new sub type so there's a strong possibility that previous free games will become +1s, too.

Found this while browsing horror gif images.

SaoirseRonanLollipop.gif

Thought it might be relevant to SteamGAF's interests.

I thank you for your contribution.

Yeah, I was playing solo and it happened to me, maybe the fixed it only for online play?

Or they didn't find the root cause of the single player issue as they said it occurred in co-op if one person talked to the shop keeper while the other was in their resurrection animation.

--

What the hell is wrong with these people who crash the Steam market for cards?
I'm looking at the trends for this card.
1 sold at .45.
2 sold at .30.

Then some idiot lists one for .14.

WHAT THE HELL?! Now you've ruined it for EVERYBODY.

Deitus

Bruce Willis was a ghost

I mean I wasn't upset or anything. I've obviously seen the show before, because I have a soul. I was just pointing out that despite your begrudging use of spoiler tags, you used them wrong.

JaseC

1 sold at .45.
2 sold at .30.

Gotta sell fast.

tumblr_m2wbwkc84x1ru37dno1_500.gif

I just found it when I was browsing Google Result Resident Evil REmake Gifs, and it made me think of SteamGAF.

That should really say something like "Corrosivefrost just wants to watch the world burn." -- y'know, for the sake of accuracy.

Gotta sell fast.

I didn't even own the game before the crash in this case... but it's just pure stupidity.

There's a difference between seeing that you have a foil that someone else is asking $15 for and 1 hasn't sold in weeks or months. Yeah, there's no demand to meet that price... so you come in a chunk lower and see if anyone will bite. That makes sense.

But when a card sold for .30 the last time someone bought it, why in the hell would you list it for less than half that price?

And now you see why I say we should update that gif Dusk posted...

Also, this does not apply here:
Gotta+go+fast.+An+animated+gif+I+made_caabed_4923630.gif

I only bought two games during the summer sale, but they were both excellent purchases.

1. Papers, Please: $3. A unique game with an amazing theme song. I know there are a lot of mysteries in this game that I have not unraveled, even though I finished the story mode. I really liked it a lot, and I appreciated the totally different gaming experience. I'm not sure why it's fun, but it is.

2. Gone Hone: $3. I didn't know what to expect with this game. I bought it because a friend recommended it. The writing really blew me away.
I think Sam and Lonnie are my two favorite characters in video game history, and you don't even see them in the game! Their letters to each other are funny, adorable, and touching all at the same time.
I've never played a game that gave you such a realistic and intimate look into someone's life.

So I got these two games for a total of $6, and they are two experiences that I really treasure. I've even begun to recommend Gone Home to non-gamers that I know.
It's probably my favorite love story of all time.

Rhaknar

you really need to spoiler tag that Gone Home stuff like...now :/

edit: well edited :)

BHK3

Banned
Or they didn't find the root cause of the single player issue as they said it occurred in co-op if one person talked to the shop keeper while the other was in their resurrection animation.

--

1 sold at .45.
2 sold at .30.

i dont even see the appeal of selling cards unless its those anime games where the regular cards are like 50 cents each. Don't you people want to make badges and get lots of emotes and space on your friends list!? Instead of 150 you can have 200 people to not talk to :D.

JaseC

i dont even see the appeal of selling cards unless its those anime games where the regular cards are like 50 cents each. Don't you people want to make badges and get lots of emotes and space on your friends list!? Instead of 150 you can have 200 people to not talk to :D.

I sell my most valuable cards in order to craft the cheapest badges. Aside from levelling up the special sale badges to match the limit of regular badges, I only craft badges to stay ahead of my friends list limit.

Deitus

Sorry, I'd rather have more money to buy games I won't play than have friends I won't talk to.

I'd take this as an opportunity to post my market statistical swagger, but it's so ridiculous that it chokes ES to death.

Jawmuncher

When I finished Gone Home I was questioning the story more than anything.

why did the sister not finish high school? Damn girl could have picked up her SO and then drove back to the house. She finishes high school the other girl gets a local job. I know times were different for LGBT back then but nothing in the story presented made it seem like there was that big of a problem family side/in town.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

I just buy cards for badges that I think look cool, if I really liked the game, or if it's so cheap that it would be dumb not to buy the cards. I pretty much sell off all my emoticons and backgrounds.

Rhaknar

why did the sister not finish high school? Damn girl could have picked up her SO and then drove back to the house. She finishes high school the other girl gets a local job. I know times were different for LGBT back then but nothing in the story presented made it seem like there was that big of a problem family side/in town.

didnt the army girl pretty much run away from the army to be with Sam, and thus they fucked off together to live somewhere else? isnt running away from the army a big no-no and a jailable offense?

edit: just asked for a Destiny beta code in the giveaway/begging thread and someone PMed me one in seconds. I love Gaf

JaseC

I just buy cards for badges that I think look cool, if I really liked the game, or if it's so cheap that it would be dumb not to buy the cards. I pretty much sell off all my emoticons and backgrounds.

I handball the emoticons/backgrounds to TrashBot if they've already plummeted in value to 3c.

Indignate

I remember the
the parents really not being into it.

Jawmuncher

didnt the army girl pretty much run away from the army to be with Sam, and thus they fucked off together to live somewhere else? isnt running away from the army a big no-no and a jailable offense?

it didn't mention how far in the process she was in. Considering she got off the bus she probably hadn't actually inprocessed yet and was just going to MEPS. You can drop that obligation just like any job and won't have to show up. if she was on her way to basic you can get out of that pretty easily if you want to from the beginning. Running fromBasic isn't a jailable offense. Unless some other stuff is on top of it you'll just get grabbed and processed out. When you pass basic and then disappear its a jailable offense. Since at that point you're fully in the army.

I remember the
the parents really not being into it.

Ok I recall that.
but family side didn't seem like there was any disowning going on. Though I can't recall how much the parents knew.

JaseC

Resident Evil 5 will be receiving a Steamworks patch after all:

Added this app to a package Resident Evil 5 Dev Comp about 7 hours ago

The game hasn't been updated in donkey's years so this can't possibly refer to anything else.

Jawmuncher

The game hasn't been updated in donkey's years so this can't possibly refer to anything else.

Steamworks plus bringing the Gold Edition DLC to PC would be sweet. At that point all we would need is 1,2 ,3 and CVX and the Mainline RE games would all be in one place forever.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Was the Killer is Dead PC port at least acceptable? It's like $13 on Amazon. I might bite, but wanted to make sure first.

They're gonna finally add in Sheva's little red riding hood costume, believe.

Caerith

Im level 65 with Katrien. I'm aiming to max out everyone eventually but I really love the combos I can come up with Katrien. (15-18ish hits) If you stay level 35 you cant capture the enemies that are higher level than yours therefore wont unlock them for training or Vs Mode.
How are you leveling so fast? I'm only, like, level 30 on Pincoya.

hey now

gm is no joke :mad:

iYPNoFUGYQWKO.png
I'm curious to see what you're making.

Bruce Willis was a ghost
Thanks for spoiling Die Hard.

Gone Home might be the most spoiled game in Steam thread history.
It's weird that only one aspect of the game is spoiled.

She left on the way to join the Army, not after she had already joined it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom