• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Resident Evil 5 will be receiving a Steamworks patch after all:

The game hasn't been updated in donkey's years so this can't possibly refer to anything else.

pleasehaveGoldEditionDLCpleasehaveGoldEditionDLC...

I need this in my life on PC, and you guys who have not played it need to. It's the best part of Resident Evil 5.

2569263-lost+nightmares+title.jpg

user_3776_bh504.jpg

0.jpg

Jawmuncher

Was the Killer is Dead PC port at least acceptable? It's like $13 on Amazon. I might bite, but wanted to make sure first.

They're gonna finally add in Sheva's little red riding hood costume, believe.

There's only one major issue but it seems to only affect a specific group. The steam community forum for the game details it. But that's getting patched as well so its a good port at that price.

pleasehaveGoldEditionDLCpleasehaveGoldEditionDLC...

I need this in my life on PC, and you guys who have not played it need to. It's the best part of Resident Evil 5.

2569263-lost+nightmares+title.jpg

user_3776_bh504.jpg

0.jpg

Considering how well RE4 did they would be dumb not to. Have it as a free update for anyone who owns it and then keep the 20 price tag since it'll basically be a new game in a sense with all the DLC added.

Sky Chief

Was the Killer is Dead PC port at least acceptable? It's like $13 on Amazon. I might bite, but wanted to make sure first.

Yeah, you need to tweak a couple of the settings files to enable 60fps and high resolutions but it is really easy to do and the game runs well and looks good.

Deja Vu... ?

tumblr_n61yffxEol1qkjpmwo1_500.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (corrosivefrost, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Killer is Dead -- MB-85375BD1D2537273 - Taken by Autofokus. 57 entrants total.

t1405672029z1.png

tumblr_n7c8a6qbHw1sf3h8qo2_500.gif

tumblr_n85ajrzhSq1ttsd1vo1_500.gif

And the last warning still stands.
Stay away from my waifu:

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
it didn't mention how far in the process she was in. Considering she got off the bus she probably hadn't actually inprocessed yet and was just going to MEPS. You can drop that obligation just like any job and won't have to show up. if she was on her way to basic you can get out of that pretty easily if you want to from the beginning. Running fromBasic isn't a jailable offense. Unless some other stuff is on top of it you'll just get grabbed and processed out. When you pass basic and then disappear its a jailable offense. Since at that point you're fully in the army.

Ok I recall that.
but family side didn't seem like there was any disowning going on. Though I can't recall how much the parents knew.

but there was
a picture of her in army uniform, but then again they met in highschool so youre right, she couldnt have initiated it yet. Meh, ill leave it to parents / peer pressure / whatever justifies the drama
it reminds me of Dead Poet's Society... I mean, sure you could be "that guy" and just say
"dude, you are almost 18, wait it out and move out from your parents and get a job, you dont need to kill yourself"

edit: please tell me thats another KiD giveaway and not the same because that would mean you did a 24hour raffle... and you wouldnt do that right? >_>

They're gonna finally add in Sheva's little red riding hood costume, believe.

I would not rant about it's awesomeness and give away the game if it wasn't good.

Silaerion

Neo Member
How are you leveling so fast? I'm only, like, level 30 on Pincoya.

I don't know what Gravelord_Nito is doing, but I've found just replaying the game utilizing the shortest, yet hardest route on and on the most effective method.

Ideally, you'll want to fight and defeat every Shopkeeper you run into, and, if possible, deviate your route to include the Verbum Dei boss.

Using this method, I've managed to get Katrien to level 70, Ghost Monk to level 37, and Pincoya to level 61.

Just a heads-up for people who have defeated the Warlock on Nightmare Mode in Abyss Odyssey: there's a bug that causes any further Warlock kills to not register on the Leaderboards. I started noticing it myself after defeating him an additional three times after clearing Nightmare Mode. It's not certain if it originates with Nightmare Mode, but that seems to be the developer's focus of attention as of the moment.

It looks like the v1.01 patch itself may have broke the Leaderboards according to this post, but again, nothing certain yet.

Anyhow, I figured I'd post this information here as well due to the recent discussion regarding Abyss Odyssey. That, and the fact that not everyone participates in the official topic of certain games.

Just an update: this post confirms that the v1.01 patch broke the Leaderboards and, in turn, the progression system regarding the Warlock. I have to admit, the response is pretty darn disappointing as ACE Team's basically telling people to quit playing the game until the next patch if all they're looking to do is help unlock new content.

BHK3

Banned
I just buy cards for badges that I think look cool, if I really liked the game, or if it's so cheap that it would be dumb not to buy the cards. I pretty much sell off all my emoticons and backgrounds.

I'm the same way, I have tons of cards but I only use them to trade for cards for games I like. With the amount of garrys mod cards ive had i would have a level 50 badge for that game by now.

Resident Evil 5 will be receiving a Steamworks patch after all:

The game hasn't been updated in donkey's years so this can't possibly refer to anything else.

RE5 CARDS TOO MAYBE? HNNGG

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
There's only one major issue but it seems to only affect a specific group. The steam community forum for the game details it. But that's getting patched as well so its a good port at that price.

Yeah, you need to tweak a couple of the settings files to enable 60fps and high resolutions but it is really easy to do and the game runs well and looks good.

Alright, thanks guys. I'll jump in.

http://i.imgur.com/f1y0iGe.gif[IMG]

Finally.

We still doing co-op in this right, Momo?[/QUOTE]

Where's my RE6 co-op session at. [IMG]http://i4.minus.com/iDpEIDT0oPBAg.png

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
just crafted a civ v badge (why am i doing this?).

i got a 66% off Zombie Driver HD if someone wants it, not sure how common it is. There's also these Richard & Alice and 10 Second Ninja coupons I have if for some reason someone also wants those.

Jawmuncher

but there was
a picture of her in army uniform, but then again they met in highschool so youre right, she couldnt have initiated it yet. Meh, ill leave it to parents / peer pressure / whatever justifies the drama
it reminds me of Dead Poet's Society... I mean, sure you could be "that guy" and just say
"dude, you are almost 18, wait it out and move out from your parents and get a job, you dont need to kill yourself"

edit: please tell me thats another KiD giveaway and not the same because that would mean you did a 24hour raffle... and you wouldnt do that right? >_>

the uniform was High School JROTC. You wear class As for that class every Wednesday (at least I did) it's to teach you how to maintain it and responsibility and what not. The uniforms are donated or part of the budget the GOVT gives for that class.

Why I think the story bothers me
the real reason I think the story bothers me is how people can think that way in terms of acceptance. In that someone would rather run away than accept it. Which is obviously society's fault more than the games. So I guess I just wanted a happy ending?

Caerith

but there was
The uniform was ROTC or something. It's like an army internship.

I don't know what Gravelord_Nito is doing, but I've found just replaying the game utilizing the shortest, yet hardest route on and on the most effective method.

Ideally, you'll want to fight and defeat every Shopkeeper you run into, and, if possible, deviate your route to include the Verbum Dei boss.

Using this method, I've managed to get Katrien to level 70, Ghost Monk to level 37, and Pincoya to level 61.
Ah, thanks. I'll stick to the right side of the map then to grind out some levels. Kinda sucks that there are still some skills I haven't unlocked for Pincoya by level 30.

BorntoPlay

please take it... ;)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (BorntoPlay, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Thief Gold -- MB-B8B7AB68AD659E7B - Taken by bluechox2

zkylon

zkylewd
abbie oddie gets ten times better when you start understanding how cancels work

they really should've made a more comprehensive leveling up screen

I'm curious to see what you're making.
it'll take time, at least until it's on a level i can feel comfortable showing

right now i'm just making tools and setting a lot of stuff up, sort of like a preproduction stage just like i don't like calling it that way cos it's just me

i really appreciate the interest :)

Jawmuncher

it'll take time, at least until it's on a level i can feel comfortable showing

right now i'm just making tools and setting a lot of stuff up, sort of like a preproduction stage just like i don't like calling it that way cos it's just me

If it doesn't have at least 1 dinosaur its a failure.

That's how these games work, chief.
Well, at least some of the time.
If the core gameplay is good, it's extra incentive to go back and try harder. ;)

But I dont get how its measured. How important is the timefactor e.g. in the "Alice" secretmission?
I did one mission with the help of a YT video to get AAA and did almost everything exactly like the player there, but didnt get it. I was even faster than the other player.

In the old DMC games IIRC it breaks down on why you got an A or an S in this mission. In KiD there is no breakdown and so no indication on what you should improve.

But I dont get how its measured. How important is the timefactor e.g. in the "Alice" secretmission?
I did one mission with the help of a YT video to get AAA and did almost everything exactly like the player there, but didnt get it. I was even faster than the other player.

How much damage did you take. That's a key factor. A HUGE factor.
To be fair, there is a breakdown... it's in how much you're paid... you can see all your score bonuses -- and if you don't add up to a certain total for the contract, you get a lower grade, just like you would in DMC.

Here's an example of the requriements for each mission:
http://www.trueachievements.com/a178343/the-mass-murderer-is-dead-achievement.htm

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Considering how well RE4 did they would be dumb not to. Have it as a free update for anyone who owns it and then keep the 20 price tag since it'll basically be a new game in a sense with all the DLC added.

Maybe not an all-new game, but it is an nice expansion and is a pretty sizeable amount of new content. It was also extremely fairly priced on Xbox Live and PSN. Capcom are usually pretty eh on DLC stuff, but RE5's DLC (maybe with the exception of Versus Mode) was actually really well handled.

For those who don't know what Resident Evil 5's DLC pertains that needs to be added to Steam...

-Versus Mode: Probably the least exciting of the DLC, but still fun and has some good music. You can access it by modding RE5 on Steam, but be nice to have officially. Includes four different versus modes.

-New costumes for Chris and Sheva: Including Warrior Chris and Red Riding Sheva, for use in the campaign.

tumblr_m6bb18Arx51rtbywoo1_500.jpg
re5-sheva-alternate-outfit-the-mercenaries-reunion.jpg

-Mercenaries Reunion: My favorite Mercs Mode in RE5. Includes eight new characters from original Mercs, four of which are the costumes above for Chris and Sheva, but also includes Barry Burton, Rebecca Chambers, Excella, and Josh. Harder than the original mercs with tougher enemies and new variants in stages, but your characters are also more OP. However, a lot of fun.

-Lost in Nightmares: New chapter that features the flashback scene seen in Chapter 3-1 of RE5 now fully playable. Play as Chris and Jill as they enter into a mansion. A lot of cool RE1 throwbacks, even an easter egg to play with fixed camera angles. About an hour and a half to two hours long, but replayable. Also like Desperate Escape, features randomized elements, such like enemy and item placement.

-Desperate Escape: New chapter that tells the story of Josh and Jill towards the end of the game. The most challenging chapter in the game, and fun in a on-the-edge sort of way. About an hour and a half to two hours long, but replayable. Also like Lost in Nightmares, features randomized elements, such like enemy and item placement.

-And then just some new unlockable figurines.

Jawmuncher

as is mine there. gonna leave to to dl over night. so add me and i'll accept in he morning.

get hype, comrades. get hype

I'll add you in the morning. Update servers are offline so I can't access psn yet since it needs a update.

*Signs in, see this on the sides of steam profile*

What a time to be alive

RE5 Wesker was the best thing to ever happen to the a resident Evil universe. So many quotes and moments.

Elija2

I handball the emoticons/backgrounds to TrashBot if they've already plummeted in value to 3c.

I didn't even think that there were any emotes/backgrounds that were going for more than 3 cents since most of them are junk. It turns out that all the cool ones are actually going for good amounts of money. Maybe I should have made that Cook, Serve, Delicious! badge for a chance at that smiley emote.

I didn't even think that there were any emotes/backgrounds that were going for more than 3 cents since most of them are junk. It turns out that all the cool ones are actually going for good amounts of money. Maybe I should have made that Cook, Serve, Delicious! badge for a chance at that smiley emote.

The waifu backgrounds go for quite some bucks.

I crafted the Agarest Zero badge for like 2€ of cardmoney... and got the guybackground that goes for like 20cent while all the waifu backgrounds go for 2€.

Jawmuncher

If we get lost in nightmares.
For those who haven't played it but played revelations. LiN was old school RE with the newer flavor done right.

Mono

Maybe not an all-new game, but it is an nice expansion and is a pretty sizeable amount of new content. It was also extremely fairly priced on Xbox Live and PSN. Capcom are usually pretty eh on DLC stuff, but RE5's DLC (maybe with the exception of Versus Mode) was actually really well handled.

For those who don't know what Resident Evil 5's DLC pertains that needs to be added to Steam...

-Versus Mode: Probably the least exciting of the DLC, but still fun and has some good music. You can access it by modding RE5 on Steam, but be nice to have officially. Includes four different versus modes.

-New costumes for Chris and Sheva: Including Warrior Chris and Red Riding Sheva, for use in the campaign.

tumblr_m6bb18Arx51rtbywoo1_500.jpg
re5-sheva-alternate-outfit-the-mercenaries-reunion.jpg

-Mercenaries Reunion: My favorite Mercs Mode in RE5. Includes eight new characters from original Mercs, four of which are the costumes above for Chris and Sheva, but also includes Barry Burton, Rebecca Chambers, Excella, and Josh. Harder than the original mercs with tougher enemies and new variants in stages, but your characters are also more OP. However, a lot of fun.

-Lost in Nightmares: New chapter that features the flashback scene seen in Chapter 3-1 of RE5 now fully playable. Play as Chris and Jill as they enter into a mansion. A lot of cool RE1 throwbacks, even an easter egg to play with fixed camera angles. About an hour and a half to two hours long, but replayable. Also like Desperate Escape, features randomized elements, such like enemy and item placement.

-Desperate Escape: New chapter that tells the story of Josh and Jill towards the end of the game. The most challenging chapter in the game, and fun in a on-the-edge sort of way. About an hour and a half to two hours long, but replayable. Also like Lost in Nightmares, features randomized elements, such like enemy and item placement.

-And then just some new unlockable figurines.

Dat Chris Titanic pose, omg

BHK3

Banned
I'll add you in the morning. Update servers are offline so I can't access psn yet since it needs a update.

RE5 Wesker was the best thing to ever happen to the a resident Evil universe. So many quotes and moments.

this is also one more chance at actual good looking RE badges or emotes, like an umbrella icon.

I didnt take any damage in the Alice mission and the candle-mission, but still got a B instead of an AAA.

Here's a good example:

Episode 3:
Work Time 00:05:21 - $234,444 << Total mission time
Execution Time 00:01:53 - $259,616 <<Total boss fight Time
Total Damage Bonus $49,000 << Total damage taken
Total Cool Kills Bonus $100,000 << Amount of executions
Secret Bonus
Alice Bug Payment $200,000 (Don't take any damage from bugs) <<explained
Toughness Payment $200,000 (Complete Episode without getting killed) <<explained

Jawmuncher

this is also one more chance at actual good looking RE badges or emotes, like an umbrella icon.

That would be nice. I have the level 5s for all the RE games and the foil for RE6. The badges themselves at every level leave a lot to be desired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom