• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

dot

Guys, i am simultaneously pooping my pants and listening to caramalldansen to try and get through this game.

There's a Justin Bieber achievement i have to get.

That was some next level driving skills, there!

What game is that?

ty ♥

The Forgotten Ones.

Speevy

Banned
Here's something I saw in the weeklong specials. It's got good reviews.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Speevy:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hero Siege -- MB-2A0D479030FF859C - Taken by Coldsun. 7 entrants total.

t1405664227z1.png

iosefe

gosh, i am so excited.

anyway, steam related stuff...

opinions on the controller controls for Cook, Serve, Delicious? i find them rather challenging

Mono

gosh, i am so excited.

anyway, steam related stuff...

opinions on the controller controls for Cook, Serve, Delicious? i find them rather challenging

I'm going to try the controller a bit later! I kind of like the keyboard controls, but it leaves your hands in awkward positions.

Here's a good example:

Episode 3:
Work Time 00:05:21 - $234,444 << Total mission time
Execution Time 00:01:53 - $259,616 <<Total boss fight Time
Total Damage Bonus $49,000 << Total damage taken
Total Cool Kills Bonus $100,000 << Amount of executions
Secret Bonus
Alice Bug Payment $200,000 (Don't take any damage from bugs) <<explained
Toughness Payment $200,000 (Complete Episode without getting killed) <<explained

Is it also broken down in the "sidemissions"?
Thats what I mean.

BHK3

Banned
That would be nice. I have the level 5s for all the RE games and the foil for RE6. The badges themselves at every level leave a lot to be desired.

well some of it is kinda steams fault, the badges are really small to begin with and the emotes are even worse so they end up being a mess.

though some of it is capcoms fault for not even attempting to clean up their own re-used asset...

Steam Badge Level 3:
57c77c9af9d3f76715f0c5bd27ab7999b714572d.png
I had no idea what this was until I went and looked at the achievements/trophy list and saw the native image.

Icon from PS360:
25L405674.png

Nabs

Well, it seems that Dustforce just isn't the right kind of game for me. You win some, you lose some.

It's definitely got a bit of a learning curve. It took me quite a few hours before I was hooked, so I understand the feeling. It's definitely not for everyone. At least you can leave it on in the background while you listen to that soundtrack. Or you could just go here.

have you considered SpeedRunners?

iDOsryD9epVcg.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
has there been any mentions of the oddworld remake coming to PC?

dot

Alright...3 jump scares and i'm out. Done playing this tonight. >_> My poor heart can't take horror games anymore.

I just really want that achievement...

Articalys

It's definitely got a bit of a learning curve. It took me quite a few hours before I was hooked, so I understand the feeling. It's definitely not for everyone. At least you can leave it on in the background while you listen to that soundtrack. Or you could just go here.
Yeah, that was a bit of the problem; it gives you the tutorial to learn all the basic controls/moves then just throws you into the hub without a real level order or way to tell what skills are needed where. Also, it took a bit to figure out exactly when you can and can't double-jump and dash.
Controls seems a little finicky too, though that may have just been the button layout I was using.
And I got the game from one of the Humble Bundles so I've already got the soundtrack; I'm a Broken Age backer too so I've got his OST for that documentary as well. Really nice stuff.

Lain

Shantae's desert is giving me problems with the way the background moves while you run around. It's almost inducing a headache/nausea for me with all the going up and down.

Nabs

Yeah, that was a bit of the problem; it gives you the tutorial to learn all the basic controls/moves then just throws you into the hub without a real level order or way to tell what skills are needed where. Also, it took a bit to figure out exactly when you can and can't double-jump and dash.
Controls seems a little finicky too, though that may have just been the button layout I was using.
And I got the game from one of the Humble Bundles so I've already got the soundtrack; I'm a Broken Age backer too so I've got his OST for that documentary as well. Really nice stuff.

I started by playing as the purple character. She has an extra jump, so it helped a bit at the start. I also used my 360 analog stick, since it made me understand wall running a bit better. Other than that, it's a matter of just practice. It's up to you if you want to keep going.

FtHTiny

What´s the overall opinion on playing with keyboard or with a controller in CSD?
Tried the controller but i can see how it could be easier with the keyboard.

Turns out I already had more than I thought. Though I do own Secret of the Magic Crystals now!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Love -- MB-23995A466A18E652 - Taken by Speevy
FATE -- MB-99872E8F6E91A5A6 - Taken by Mono
Circuits -- MB-73979ECF8F01A6E8 - Taken by PandaPandaPanda
A Virus Named TOM -- MB-CA184CC1848C83AC - Taken by CrunchyFrog
Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages -- MB-148C80188586FC13 - Taken by Tesseract
Not The Robots -- MB-F8DDB5F47E91CFEA - Taken by MTE
Canyon Capers (+DLC, 2 codes) -- MB-0D50F10896C56642 - Taken by TheMadMan007
Retro/Grade -- MB-1D44AE1144E94FD3 - Taken by Catshade

man reading posts like these make me really regret getting my 7870...

AMD has some valid points about some of the sketchy things Nvidia does, where they try and do things to tilt the playing field somewhat unfairly in their favour with initiatives like Gameworks. Which honestly benefits no one but Nvidia, unfairly impacts AMD users and probably makes AMD look worse than they are because it's going to impact their ability to produce drivers in a timely manner. There are great things about the price and performance you get out of AMD cards but historically their driver support hasn't always been the greatest, specifically with OpenGL. In some cases it looks like they have valid complaints but in others it looks like they're simply dropping the ball, like with every single recent id tech 5 game that has come out. I'm half expecting Evil Within is going to be a bit of a gong show.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What game are you playing? It can't be that bad...

clearly youve never seen me play horror games. I nope'd out of the FIRST room in Penumbra the other day, its ridiculous. I keep telling myself I will just do like a horror games marathon one of these days to "defeat the fear" but then never do. Maybe when I finally do it ill stream it so you can laugh at me one day, when I have some days off work

Wok

For some reasons, I have not received the verification code to be able to activate Humble Bundle on my Steam account.

MTE

clearly youve never seen me play horror games. I nope'd out of the FIRST room in Penumbra the other day, its ridiculous. I keep telling myself I will just do like a horror games marathon one of these days to "defeat the fear" but then never do. Maybe when I finally do it ill stream it so you can laugh at me one day, when I have some days off work

This is similar to me, too. I noped out of Penumbra a couple of rooms in. I did manage to play quite a bit of condemned, but I've never really wanted to approach F.E.A.R., despite all the praise the combat gets...

Mono

I think I may be the queen of the horror game coward club. :X

I get started by the rats in the Oblivion tutorial.

Although I did finish Silent Hill!

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
For some reasons, I have not received the verification code to be able to activate Humble Bundle on my Steam account.

Have you verified it before? Every time Humble asks me to verify my account, it's the exact same code. If you've done it before and still have the email, try the old code.

Ask them to resend it. Happened to me before, though it seems to require the code every time now for me, luckily it's always the exact same code!

that never happened? o_O
Apparently, Munch's Oddysee HD came out on the PS3 in the December of 2012. Since then, they have stated that they'd (possibly) work on the PC version after New N' Tasty was released and had nothing else to do. To think that I've waited more than 4 years at this point for them to make the game playable. :(

Knurek

WTH, Volvo, why are Wildlife Park 2 games showing up in the featured tab?
Do you seriously think people are interested in this crap?

BHK3

Banned
AMD has some valid points about some of the sketchy things Nvidia does, where they try and do things to tilt the playing field somewhat unfairly in their favour with initiatives like Gameworks. Which honestly benefits no one but Nvidia, unfairly impacts AMD users and probably makes AMD look worse than they are because it's going to impact their ability to produce drivers in a timely manner. There are great things about the price and performance you get out of AMD cards but historically their driver support hasn't always been the greatest, specifically with OpenGL. In some cases it looks like they have valid complaints but in others it looks like they're simply dropping the ball, like with every single recent id tech 5 game that has come out. I'm half expecting Evil Within is going to be a bit of a gong show.
Even then, I always heard nvidia was a bit better but I just assumed that nvidia had more bells and whistles and AMD would get the job done normally. Then I buy the card and suddenly I find out AMD is a bunch of bumbling drooling idiots, with most of the problems I've had with games being AMD related. I want to blame every single game screen tearing on them too but I'm sure that's something else. I would've just gotten a 660 for like $40 more just to avoid all the headaches I've had.

Apparently, Munch's Oddysee HD came out on the PS3 in December of 2012. Since then, they have stated that they'd (possibly) work on the PC version after New N' Tasty was released and had nothing else to do. To think that I've waited more than 4 years at this point for them to make the game playable. :(

It took them like a year and a half just to update oddbox after strangers wrath and then another long time for them to patch it so it worked correctly, right?

dot

Startled by rats but finished Silent Hill?

This makes no sense, Momo-chan.

I got startled from them too lol

Rhaknar

screw you dude :(

edit: anyway almost time for sweet sweet freedom, both from work and from this avatar. laters

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

If it makes it any better, Sakura Spirit is on the featured list too.

It doesn't make it better. It doesn't make it better at all.

If we get lost in nightmares.
For those who haven't played it but played revelations. LiN was old school RE with the newer flavor done right.

It's really good. I haven't played any other co-op horror games, but this managed to have some scary moments even with someone sitting right next to me.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Resident Evil 5 will be receiving a Steamworks patch after all:

The game hasn't been updated in donkey's years so this can't possibly refer to anything else.

now if only they also bothered to add all the DLC too ... ;)

Caerith

You just gotta work your way up. Maybe start small, with the Witch's House? It's a game about friendship and family and there's a talking black cat.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Resident Evil on Steam will forever be incomplete without Outbreak, but I know that will never come. Damn you Capcom for recording so little, throwing out files, and building around bastardised server systems.

Also curse you for not using Tofu more in game modes. RE4 with Tofu, would be brilliant.

It took them like a year and a half just to update oddbox after strangers wrath and then another long time for them to patch it so it worked correctly, right?
Yeah. In that situation, though, they actually showed some inclination towards wanting to fix the PC version, as well, and announced a release date for the patch (despite delaying it several times). Hopefully they don't change their mind about Munch.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Resident Evil on Steam will forever be incomplete without Outbreak, but I know that will never come. Damn you Capcom for recording so little, throwing out files, and building around bastardised server systems.

Also curse you for not using Tofu more in game modes. RE4 with Tofu, would be brilliant.

Another RE game I'd like on Steam but will never happen is Dead Aim. I seriously think Dead Aim may be the most underrated entry in the RE series.

This said, I expect Darkside/Umbrella Chronicles and Code Veronica to be the next RE games coming to Steam as they had recent HD versions made by Capcom, so they'd just need to port those to PC.

And in the RE4 trading cards, they refer to Krauser as Krauser [RE4], which they don't do for other RE4 characters only in RE4. Probably as Krauser is in Darkside Chronicles and if they release that on Steam, it'd probably have trading cards.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
has there been any mentions of the oddworld remake coming to PC?

It's still a multiplatform title. Sony just did its usual thing of partially backing the project to secure temporary exclusivity.

Edit: Derp, old tab.

Resident Evil 5 will be receiving a Steamworks patch after all:

The game hasn't been updated in donkey's years so this can't possibly refer to anything else.

banderas.gif etc.

NOW FUCKING DRAGON'S DOGMA CAPCPOM so i can throw my ps3 copy in the trash can
and lp2 steamworks too pls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom