• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

Have you verified it before? Every time Humble asks me to verify my account, it's the exact same code. If you've done it before and still have the email, try the old code.

Ask them to resend it. Happened to me before, though it seems to require the code every time now for me, luckily it's always the exact same code!

Good to know! I must have it somewhere in my gmail. Thanks!

v9hSEz7.jpg

I never played it

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I wonder if they'd bother removing GFWL from Operation Raccoon City.

I have my severe doubts as it wasn't made by then and was so poorly received.

But it apparently didn't sell that bad, there's surprisingly still a multiplayer scene on that game, or at least there was when I played it a month ago.

Operation Raccoon City is so weird for me. The main campaign was pretty meh, only really fun part was playing with friends. But then the DLC Echo Six campaign, which is just as long as the main game, was actually pretty good, and I enjoyed it actually. The DLC looked nicer, was better designed, had a more interesting story, a LOT better boss fights, an actualy satisfying final boss and finale, better music... Hell, it even felt more like a co-op old-school survival-horror game in places more so than RE5 or RE6.

It's so bizarre, the DLC campaign for Operation Raccoon City I'd actually recommend, but the main game I wouldn't.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Another RE game I'd like on Steam but will never happen is Dead Aim. I seriously think Dead Aim may be the most underrated entry in the RE series.

This said, I expect Darkside/Umbrella Chronicles and Code Veronica to be the next RE games coming to Steam as they had recent HD versions made by Capcom, so they'd just need to port those to PC.

And in the RE4 trading cards, they refer to Krauser as Krauser [RE4], which they don't do for other RE4 characters only in RE4. Probably as Krauser is in Darkside Chronicles and if they release that on Steam, it'd probably have trading cards.

Sadly I doubt Dead Aim could ever be done since most everything Cavia did was thrown out or lost when they went out of business. Which is a real shame since the game did support mouse controls from what I remember.

Though personally I think the most underrated Resident Evil is Resident Evil Confidential Report, the turn-based strategy game for mobiles back in 2006. Aye dated for graphics and before the controls were really set up for non-Japanese mobiles to be all that smooth, but fine gameplay and a decent story that made good use of having to conserve ammo.

Mono

Startled by rats but finished Silent Hill?

This makes no sense, Momo-chan.

I got startled from them too lol

I have no idea how I finished that game, omg. Lights on, windows open at noon!

Harry's god-awful voice acting was so ridiculously monotonous and out of place that he ended up being comic releif as I cowered my way through the game! \o/
"HAVE YOU SEEN A LITTLE GIRL?"

Maybe that's how I need to do it: play horror games 10+ years after their release so that they've had time to age like that!

I swear they come out of no where every time!!

You just gotta work your way up. Maybe start small, with the Witch's House? It's a game about friendship and family and there's a talking black cat.

Witches? Friendship and family? Talking black cat? That sounds familiar!

1HGJRN1.jpg

I'll look into it, though!

I'm playing through The Walking Dead season 1, as well but I don't think that's really a horror game.

Wok

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Cook, Serve, Delicious! -- MB-8FC65ACBA4BD5164 - Taken by Sarcasm

Cook cook cook!

Resident Evil on Steam will forever be incomplete without Outbreak, but I know that will never come. Damn you Capcom for recording so little, throwing out files, and building around bastardised server systems.

Also curse you for not using Tofu more in game modes. RE4 with Tofu, would be brilliant.

Personally I'd love Code Veronica but will probably never happen.

Dusk Golem

Sadly I doubt Dead Aim could ever be done since most everything Cavia did was thrown out or lost when they went out of business. Which is a real shame since the game did support mouse controls from what I remember.

Though personally I think the most underrated Resident Evil is Resident Evil Confidential Report, the turn-based strategy game for mobiles back in 2006. Aye dated for graphics and before the controls were really set up for non-Japanese mobiles to be all that smooth, but fine gameplay and a decent story that made good use of having to conserve ammo.

To be fair I've had no chance to play it yet, but I have been interested in trying some of the mobile titles.

As I said, I don't expect Dead Aim to ever pop-up, but its a shame. It was actually pretty good when I played it a few months ago, not perfect, but better than I expected, and had some stand-out moments and actually pretty good balance of action and horror.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'd like to see REmake hit the PC at one point, but I assume all of the art assets were made with the Wii in mind, in which case Capcom would have to essentially make them again and that'd never happen.

Dusk Golem

Personally I'd love Code Veronica but will probably never happen.

Code Veronica I actually say will likely happen. Code Veronica got an HD version for PS3 and Xbox 360 just two years ago, which means Code Veronica now has a version of the game that runs on Capcom's engine they use to run RE5, RE4 HD, RE6, Revelations, etc., which means they could port it to PC pretty easily if they wanted too.

If anything I'd say Code Veronica is the most likely of the old-school RE games to pop up on Steam anytime soon.

Even then, I always heard nvidia was a bit better but I just assumed that nvidia had more bells and whistles and AMD would get the job done normally. Then I buy the card and suddenly I find out AMD is a bunch of bumbling drooling idiots, with most of the problems I've had with games being AMD related. I want to blame every single game screen tearing on them too but I'm sure that's something else. I would've just gotten a 660 for like $40 more just to avoid all the headaches I've had.

AMD's driver support is why I've steered clear of their products even when there's a price and/or performance incentive to go with them.

Code Veronica I actually say will likely happen. Code Veronica got an HD version for PS3 and Xbox 360 just two years ago, which means Code Veronica now has a version of the game that runs on Capcom's engine they use to run RE5, RE4 HD, RE6, Revelations, etc., which means they could port it to PC if they wanted too.

If anything I'd say Code Veronica is the most likely of the old-school RE games to pop up on Steam anytime soon.

I hope you are right, it's my favorite RE game, I still have the original Dreamcast CDs.

Dusk Golem

I hope you are right, it's my favorite RE game, I still have the original Dreamcast CDs.

The port of Code Veronica was done at the same time as the port of RE4 HD on PS3 and 360. That port of RE4 HD was used as the base for the PC version of RE4, though they further altered it to try and make the game run 60fps and re-work textures. I have my suspicions that after RE4, the next RE game that may pop up in the following months on Steam is Code Veronica, as not only do they have a version of the game running on their own engine that all other RE games on Steam are running on which is well optimized for PC, but it seems the RE series is doing pretty well on Steam so they may view it as a liable option.

It also helps the game is fully in 3D and not pre-rendered to allow easy resolution options, unlike the older RE games where it'd look stretched-out to allow that. On-top of this, Code Veronica is essentially the prequel to RE5, their top-selling RE game.

Shadownet

Banned
I just had a kick-ass Destiny session with Phoenix and Huggie and some other people. Soo much fun! :D The last match we had, ran perfectly.

Hugstable

Banned

Code Veronica was such a classic to me. It was actually the first Resident Evil game I played, so much of what I came to know about Resident Evil was from Code Veronica. That said my favorite game in the series is still REmake. CV as my first Resident Evil game took quite a bit to get used to though sicne I had not been familiar with the controls or anything.

I just had a kick-ass Destiny session with Phoenix and Huggie and some other people. Soo much fun! :D The last match we had, ran perfectly.

Hell yeah! Everything about the PvE and PvP is just done so well and really fun. I can't wait for the full game now.

Knurek

AMD's driver support is why I've steered clear of their products even when there's a price and/or performance incentive to go with them.

It isn't quite as terrible anymore (been using ATI card north of three years with only occasional hick-up here and there), but (and I guess that speaks volumes) I will switch to NVIDIA later this month.

ATI's offering may be cheaper and more efficient, but it's HOT-HOT-HOT and due to that, way more noisy than Maxwell cards. Proper OpenGL for Team Green support is also a plus.

Dusk Golem

I've only played 5 and 6. Does that make me some sort of monster?

Nah, I played the series really bizarrely and am still not completely done. My chart-way of playing the series looks like this;

RE4 > REmake > REZero > Umbrella Chronicles > RE5 > RE2 > Gaiden > Darkside Chronicles > RE6 > Revelations > Code Veronica > Dead Aim > Operation Raccoon City

I have played a bit of 3 but I have not beaten it yet, a few games in the series I've beaten many times already. I have the Outbreak games and plan to play them soon, been waiting to be able to play them online with friends using the fan servers. Also need to play through Survivor and try Gun Survivor 2 again at some point.

Also the series is almost releasing backwards on Steam, so yai.

JaseC

It isn't quite as terrible anymore (been using ATI card north of three years with only occasional hick-up here and there), but (and I guess that speaks volumes) I will switch to NVIDIA later this month.

ATI's offering may be cheaper and more efficient, but it's HOT-HOT-HOT and due to that, way more noisy than Maxwell cards. Proper OpenGL support is also a plus.

Any particular reason you're planning on switching in the immediate future? Most recent rumours peg the 880 and 870 for November.

Dusk Golem

God dang it, I'm doing it to myself again. The RE series may take a while, but I actually do think eventually all the main games will release on Steam.

But then I remind myself of Silent Hill, and I have my severe doubts the PC versions of the Silent Hill series will ever come to Steam. And that makes me real sad on the inside.

Knurek

Any particular reason you're planning on switching in the immediate future? Most recent rumours peg the 880 and 870 for November.

Getting married next month, will probably not be able to spend on 'frugal' things like a gaming GFX card anymore.
Don't need a high-end card anyways, been eying 750 Ti which should be able to hit 60fps in 768p on just about every game I care about.

JaseC

Getting married next month, will probably not be able to spend on 'frugal' things like a gaming GFX card anymore.
Don't need a high-end card anyways, been eying 750 Ti which should be able to hit 60fps in 768p on just about every game I care about.

RIP.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
God dang it, I'm doing it to myself again. The RE series may take a while, but I actually do think eventually all the main games will release on Steam.

But then I remind myself of Silent Hill, and I have my severe doubts the PC versions of the Silent Hill series will ever come to Steam. And that makes me real sad on the inside.

It's hard to believe I'm typing this, but I actually trust Capcpom more than Konami when it comes to releasing games on PC, especially on Steam.

Yeah, I as well am certain the RE games will come to Steam one day. The Silent Hills on the other hand, I have my doubts, because a) Konami and b) the whole "we cannot use the original voices anymore!" debacle.

Caerith

The way Konami handled the "HD" remakes, I'm kinda glad Silent Hill isn't on Steam.

Wouldn't the 750 get a price drop when the 870 comes out?

Arthea

retalk?
Capcom still makes sense from time to time, while Konami...

About being locked from market. I remember asking if it locks from trading too, it seems it does? aww

Destiny is indeed a game that I have played with others, namely Shadow and Hugstable. Fun was had and many uguus screamed.

how's Destiny?

no backwards compatibility always suck
in 30, 40 years when vidya gaems schools are a real thing and people need to teach video game history how the fuck are they going to do it
most of old consoles will be gone/broken so they'll have to resort to emulation or some other thing and i'm not sure it's going to be possible for every console

at least if your game's on pc people will be able to play it for a long ass time

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
FREEDOM!

shhh it was only a dream Laharl, it was only a dream shhhh

Congratulations?

y2Zwk.gif

how's Destiny?

It's pretty good. The quests you get while exploring seem very MMOy (collect this much loot, kill this many enemies, fetch(scan) quests. The story missions are pretty good and the crucible (pvp) is pretty Haloish with super powers. I haven't tried the raid mission yet in the beta but in the alpha all the bosses had way too much health.

FREEDOM!

shhh it was only a dream Laharl, it was only a dream shhhh

Finally that avatar is gone. If you went into anime gaf with that you'd be banned in an instant.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Shouldn't Laharl be convulsing with that thought?

in the big picture you can see hes more going "what...what the fuck?". its either tht or angry / rage Laharl, and ive used plenty of those

Laharl%20Pose%20Sheet.PNG

and I only like the disgaea 1 Laharl design so

Knurek

Haha, yea... Won't be so bad, I think/hope.
Still, having to explain why I want to spend $150 on a card while there's other, more necessary things on the list might not be easy. Best to be proactive here. ;)

Wouldn't the 750 get a price drop when the 870 comes out?

In Poland? Second hand market maybe, don't see shops discounting their inventory this year though.

Congratulations?
y2Zwk.gif

<3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom