• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
When I check the gift option for buying a humble bundle, do I get gift links for each individual game, or a common gift link for the whole bundle?

I would like to keep some and give some

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If all games in that QuakeCon Bundle from ru store are really not ip locked, then $55 is too much, it costs ~$45.3 without seller share. Sorry for potential shameless plug. Can anyone tell me please how i can discover exact game sub id from bundle? Is that even possible, some HTML source code stuff?

The javascript link that appears when you hover over the "Add to cart" button contains the sub id. Here's the ROW bundle:
qcb1zij2b.jpg

And here's the RU-specific bundle:
qcb2m1k92.jpg

(If your browser doesn't show links like Firefox does, then just view the source code for the page and CTRL-F for addToCart.)

Following this it's just a matter of looking up the sub on SteamDB to see which particular apps it contains and if there are any regional restrictions. In the RU bundle's case it's region-free but there is an RHCP-specific version of Dishonored (and its DLC), however it supports English.

Hugstable

Banned
It's pretty good. The quests you get while exploring seem very MMOy (collect this much loot, kill this many enemies, fetch(scan) quests. The story missions are pretty good and the crucible (pvp) is pretty Haloish with super powers. I haven't tried the raid mission yet in the beta but in the alpha all the bosses had way too much health.

Finally that avatar is gone. If you went into anime gaf with that you'd be banned in an instant.

Hopefully they put in some of those raids so we can try them out before they wrap up the beta. PvP was probably my favorite thing tonight with the Crucible maps.

When I check the gift option for buying a humble bundle, do I get gift links for each individual game, or a common gift link for the whole bundle?

Kind of depends on the bundle, some have individual keys/links, some bundle the tiers together. If you see one link for each game, you can gift games individually.

Usually if you do a gift purchase the whole bundle goes to the email address you send the gift to. If you want to keep some and give some then you need to buy it for yourself and gift individually from that.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Usually if you do a gift purchase the whole bundle goes to the email address you send the gift to. If you want to keep some and give some then you need to buy it for yourself and gift individually from that.

thanks!

Deques

Resident Evil 5 will be receiving a Steamworks patch after all:

The game hasn't been updated in donkey's years so this can't possibly refer to anything else.

This looks very promising. I hope more of Capcom games will receive same treatment

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
whats up with pomf and virus warnings? I saw you guys talk about it, I had a warning at work from a webm, and now I get a warning at home when I go to upload a pic o_O

I streamed my earlier run on Abyss Odyssey (didn't complete it though).

http://www.twitch.tv/corrosivefrost/b/548668399

Around 29 minutes or so I stop moving -- my DS3 battery died... I finally got the keyboard to pause it. I then tabbed out to potentially switch my DS4 to controller 1, but ended up just plugging in my DS3 via USB cable.

*Disclaimer -- I'm still struggling learning this character and figuring out how the combat system really works. So it's not super stylish or highly technical by any means.

JaseC

This looks very promising. I hope more of Capcom games will receive same treatment

That'll probably depend on how much time QLOC has. Thus far it's been responsible for SSF4:AE's patch as well as Lost Planet 3's, so I assume it's also gearing up to patch RE5.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
No XCOM or MAFIA for YOU

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Roboleon, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bioshock 2 -- MB-D5D7735AF4B97D00 - Taken by Servizio. 4 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Spec Ops The Line -- MB-BC5D5B2096408102 - Taken by Mobius and pet octopus. 2 entrants total.
Bioshock -- MB-34376499045E5E56 - Taken by Valru
t1cxE6r.gif
The Darkness II -- MB-D36481210419777F - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 2 entrants total.

t1405670769z1.png

Derp

Got about $20 lying in my Steam wallet. Not sure what to do with it.

Contemplating going for Dishonored...

There's also Transistor... (wait for Winter sale perhaps?)

Witches? Friendship and family? Talking black cat? That sounds familiar!

1HGJRN1.jpg

I'll look into it, though!

I'm playing through The Walking Dead season 1, as well but I don't think that's really a horror game.

Are there any steam games that are like Kiki's Delivery Service?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
whats up with pomf and virus warnings? I saw you guys talk about it, I had a warning at work from a webm, and now I get a warning at home when I go to upload a pic o_O

It knows what you're going to do on the bed.

If you have to ask whether to wait or not, you should probably wait. Do you plan on playing Transistor as soon as you buy it? If not, you can get it for cheaper in the future.

JaseC

Got about $20 lying in my Steam wallet. Not sure what to do with it.

Contemplating going for Dishonored...

Dishonored GOTY is better bang for your buck content-wise. It's also a great game if you play it as intended (action rather than stealth).

dmix90

The javascript link that appears when you hover over the "Add to cart" button contains the sub id. Here's the ROW bundle:
qcb1zij2b.jpg

And here's the RU-specific bundle:
qcb2m1k92.jpg

(If your browser doesn't show links like Firefox does, then just view the source code for the page and CTRL-F for addToCart.)

Following this it's just a matter of looking up the sub on SteamDB to see which particular apps it contains and if there are any regional restrictions. In the RU bundle's case it's region-free but there is an RHCP-specific version of Dishonored (and its DLC), however it supports English.
Thanks for response! What about for example The Witcher Trilogy Pack. We know that current sub on russian steam store is 47807.......they actually removed ACRTAG flag again lol. Anyway... it's the same sub(44361) for trilogy in all stores. Which subid for witcher 3 it contains if i buy from russian store(47807 or ROW)? Does it choose it automatically depending on the store you buy from? Is there a way to find this out.

wilflare

my woes don't seem to end.
now the distributor is refusing a switch to 770GTX (w my artefacting 280X) when they did it for another customer.

---
maybe I should just get some sleep

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I streamed my earlier run on Abyss Odyssey (didn't complete it though).

http://www.twitch.tv/corrosivefrost/b/548668399

Around 29 minutes or so I stop moving -- my DS3 battery died... I finally got the keyboard to pause it. I then tabbed out to potentially switch my DS4 to controller 1, but ended up just plugging in my DS3 via USB cable.

*Disclaimer -- I'm still struggling learning this character and figuring out how the combat system really works. So it's not super stylish or highly technical by any means.

Her style is slower than Katrien but she can do more damage in smaller attacks. You are actually not that far from getting her. Attack without moving the stick does 2 kicks which you can then combo with other stuff and obviously the cancels with dodges and specials.. You can also notice that the down attack is strong so that might be the best option for crowd control . (Up attack is decent but down does more damage) Another thing you can do is do the up attack to link with the down attack and the special kick she has. When you get the skills to replace the shitty jelly fish, please do.(not worth it cause of the absurd cooldown)

Another suggestion would be to get more skills and the cancel points and practice the combo potential she has at the training mode which is pretty helpful despite being barebones visually. (I will suggest the devs to add the inputs, and damage done by the attacks in that mode to know what is useful or not quicker.)

The combat is simple but the Cancel points add depth to the combat system. You can see some crazy combo vids already on youtube

Edit:Holy Shit!

Derp

Sell some cards, problem solved
I need them :p But it's fine. Transistor can wait. I'm not a fan of the combat system (but i know everyone loves it). I seriously loved Bastion's combat.

Okay i think i'll just not buy anything.

I'm the most indecisive person on this forum.

milena87

But... But... But i love stealth. Is the game much more fun running in like a madman?

I would say that slaughtering everyone like a madman is more fun, since you use more powers and abilities.
Being stealthy and even non lethal can feel more rewarding in its own right, but I guess it varies from person to person.

I personally loved being stealthy, non lethal and playing without additional powers at the highest difficulty in my first playthrough. I understand that it might not be for everyone, though :)
In my second playthrough I killed everyone in sight and it was a different kind of great :p

d4JGOWv.png

When we are playing: Estimate Time
t1405726200z4.png

Information said:
What is this?:
NeoGAF Games Night is a designated time where gaffers can play games together. It started as a CS:GO night but we are now expanding to other games. Join the NeoGAF Games Night group to receive a notification through steam when an event has been scheduled and when it starts. PM anyone in the group for an invite.

What we are playing:
We will be playing versus mode 4v4.

How to join us:
Add me as a friend on steam and in the main menu of Left 4 Dead 2 go to the versus mode and look for games with a friend to join the lobby. If you cannot find it or the game is full, PM me and I will invite you.

Come join us and have fun!

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Are there any steam games that are like Kiki's Delivery Service?

The Girl and the Robot is coming soon and while not the exact same type of story, it is a Studio Ghibli. inspired title. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=190968903

The combat is simple but the Cancel points add depth to the combat system. You can see some crazy combo vids already on youtube

Edit:Holy Shit!

I was happy when I did 10 once with Katrien. Did get 25 once though with the Tree Golem, just kept spinning like a hedgehog against three enemies.

i wish i could play cook serve delicious on my phone... i dont wanna get out of bed.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cook-serve-delicious!/id582153229?mt=8

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.vertigogaming.cookservedeliciousdrd&hl=en

Mokoi

Banned
RE5 being SteamWorked? I might even rebuy the game and I consider it the worst of the mainline REs!

Hey it wasn't that bad. I mean you had an amazing A.I partner who gave people no problem at all. Other than that it was good.

FREEDOM!
shhh it was only a dream Laharl, it was only a dream shhhh

I see your avatar has changed. Very niceu! It was waaay too animu.

Edit: shit I'm at the top okay does anybody know where I can view all the patch notes steam has gone through?

zkylon

zkylewd
ok after beating it a couple times more and playing around with naked lady and poncho wraith i've come to agree that yea, abyss odyssey is pretty alright

imma try grind the achievement for that playfire thingie which asks me to get 3 maxed skills for naked lady, which i guess shouldn't be too bad if i knew how often do you get the damned things. i think they said something on the tutorial but who has time for that

anywho clearly the key to this game is learning to use cancels, since those allow you to actually make combos and make some sense from all the mashing.

i'm developing a few strats for myself and whatnot, but i keep going back to wishing this game was much larger, cos there's so much potential for cool rooms and enemy types and crazy weapons and all that crap

if by saturday we have new content then i'm in

Hugstable

Banned
i wish i could play cook serve delicious on my phone... i dont wanna get out of bed.

Internet went down in my house so now I'm relegated to using my phone. Internet needs to come back, I must use Steam! I have like 15 more cards I need to sell and Dead Rising 3 will be mine!

Chariot

Haha Mokoi got the best of both worlds.

But Magic 2015 make me angry.
It could be that I overseeng something, but this fucker blocked a creature of mine and then tapped to sacrfiy another of his creature to give the tokens to this fucker. I don't think that it works like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom