• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deques

My avatar is way too kawaii-desu.

Kawaii_Desu.gif

Wake_Up.gif

Senpai_Notice_Me.gif

These gifs look more creepy than cute

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Someone take OG bioshock, for shame

people in game of thrones die

lots of them

different people

in lots of different ways

at basically every different setting

in almost every episode

ban me now

nah, it's supposed to read like this

The only important spoilers for GoT are the following:
lots of tits and horses

Shadownet

Banned
Internet went down in my house so now I'm relegated to using my phone. Internet needs to come back, I must use Steam! I have like 15 more cards I need to sell and Dead Rising 3 will be mine!

Internet went down after you got off Destiny? The Bungie Gods are telling you, that you made a grave mistake!

And jeez you got a lot of cards to sell. I don't think any of the cards I have worth enough to get Dead Rising 3. I only got 1 foil card. Warframe I think?

aku:jiki

But Magic 2015 make me angry.
It could be that I overseeng something, but this fucker blocked a creature of mine and then tapped to sacrfiy another of his creature to give the tokens to this fucker. I don't think that it works like that.
It does work like that. On-card abilities are instant speed.

Hugstable

Banned
Internet went down after you got off Destiny? The Bungie Gods are telling you, that you made a grave mistake!

And jeez you got a lot of cards to sell. I don't think any of the cards I have worth enough to get Dead Rising 3. I only got 1 foil card. Warframe I think?

My brother ended up giving me all his cards about 2 days ago and has been enough to pull enough for 10 keys now. Funniest thing was the most expensove cards being Q*Bert Cards and I got 2 Coilys each worth a dollar per card. Over 60 games of cards later and Dead Rising 3 is gonna be mine and ready to coop once it comes out!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Haha Mokoi got the best of both worlds.

But Magic 2015 make me angry.
It could be that I overseeng something, but this fucker blocked a creature of mine and then tapped to sacrfiy another of his creature to give the tokens to this fucker. I don't think that it works like that.

sure it does, in Magic, first you assign blockers, then you do actions

welcome to real card games where you can do more than 1 thing (fuck you Hearthstone)

I kid, I like Hearthstone

Interesting. I never knew could tap a card that is currenty blocking. I mean, isn't it then tapped after it used it'S ability and can't block anymore?

you tap to attack, not block

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
so, Resident Evil fans

If I own RE5 and RE: Revelations, which should I play first?

Revelations, I'd actually say.

Revelations literally is a prequel to RE5. If you play Revelations first, there's a side-character in Revelations that plays a role in RE5, and the ending of Revelations is literally the beginning of RE5.

Also, Steamworks patch for RE5 incoming likely and all.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
Interesting. I never knew could tap a card that is currenty blocking. I mean, isn't it then tapped after it used it'S ability and can't block anymore?

It already blocked. It goes: choose attackers-> choose blockers-> use abilities before they put their damage on the stack-> use abilities before they get hit by said damage.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
did this slip through the cracks?

"The North American release date used to be 21st October, but publisher Bethesda announced on Twitter (and at QuakeCon) that it will now be out on 14th October in that region.

We presume this means the European release will be brought forward a week as well (from the 24th to the 17th), but we're awaiting confirmation on that. Previously, it was set for an August release before being delayed until the later end October."

Knurek

image.php

My little Rhaknar can't have an avatar this cute.
俺の小さなRhaknarアバターに可愛いわけがない
JapanGAF, please correct if wrong

Chariot

sure it does, in Magic, first you assign blockers, then you do actions

welcome to real card games where you can do more than 1 thing (fuck you Hearthstone)

I kid, I like Hearthstone

you tap to attack, not block
It already blocked. It goes: choose attackers-> choose blockers-> use abilities before they put their damage on the stack-> use abilities before they get hit by said damage.
Alright, I stand corrected.

Interesting. I never knew could tap a card that is currenty blocking.
You can. I personally think it's kind of an unnecessarily complicated rule and that the game would be a bit purer if you couldn't, but it is what it is. (I googled it and apparently it's rule 506.4b.)

In random MTG, I found a card list of the cards designed by videogame designers. Didn't know they got Richard Garriott and Notch! McMillen's card isn't bad but isn't as weird as I was expecting...

http://screenburn.kotaku.com/magic-the-gathering-cards-designed-by-star-video-game-1594801925

Athleon

Being untapped matters only when you declare the creature as a blocker during the respective combat step. If it somehow gets tapped after that step, it isn't retroactively prevented from blocking.

Rhaknar

You can. I personally think it's kind of an unnecessarily complicated rule and that the game would be a bit purer if you couldn't, but it is what it is. (I googled it and apparently it's rule 506.4b.)

In random MTG, I found a card list of the cards designed by videogame designers. Didn't know they got Richard Garriott and Notch! McMillen's card isn't bad but isn't as weird as I was expecting...

http://screenburn.kotaku.com/magic-the-gathering-cards-designed-by-star-video-game-1594801925

its a core rule since I can remember. Like, say a creature can "ping" something with dmg, you block first, and ping something else. always been like that

Being untapped matters only when you declare the creature as a blocker during the respective combat step. If it somehow gets tapped after that step, it isn't retroactively prevented from blocking.
I wish I could get one of my friends to accept this. He thinks creatures that can tap other creatures is the best, most OP ability in the game and will spam it like crazy, refusing to accept that there's any situation where his tapping isn't the be-all, end-all move, so he never accepts it when I say that my creature is still blocking despite his late tap.

Chariot

I wish I could get one of my friends to accept this. He thinks creatures that can tap other creatures is the best, most OP ability in the game and will spam it like crazy, refusing to accept that there's any situation where his tapping isn't the be-all, end-all move, so he never accepts it when I say that my creature is still blocking despite his late tap.
This is every time weird, but was even worse with Yugioh thanks to the TV show that loved to ignore it's own rules. I can remember all this arguments with people who just didn't understood the rules (despite what people claims, Yugioh is not super complicated. There are some things to learn, but most rules are pretty clear).

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei , the show is full of a lot of dark and offbeat humor to put lightly...
It get's darker and more uneasy in retrospect if one reads the last chapters of the manga.

Athleon

Actually it doesn't even matter what happens to the blocking creature. As long as it is declared as a blocker, the opposing creature is blocked and remains blocked even if the blocker dies or is exiled or whatever. The only way to work around that is trample, which allows you to assign your damage to the opponent if you remove the blockers.

MayMay

Banned
Vlad the Impaler looks so good.. but apparently it's extremely short (for some, 30 minutes) and bad. Judging from the reviews there's sooo much wrong with it.

Sucks. :L

Dr Dogg

Well that was 10 pages worth bloody reading! It's not like there was an important ne....
Resident Evil 5 will be receiving a Steamworks patch after all:

Added this app to a package Resident Evil 5 Dev Comp about 7 hours ago

The game hasn't been updated in donkey's years so this can't possibly refer to anything else.

What! Please be true, please be true, please be true! Saying that didn't the same thing happen with SSFIV:AE as in not being updated for yonks and then all of a sudden a new branch appeared.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Vlad the Impaler looks so good.. but apparently it's extremely short (30 minutes) and bad. Judging from the reviews there's sooo much wrong with it.

Sucks. :L

Hopefully it'll end up in a bundle at some point. I wouldn't feel bad for buying it like that. Didn't feel bad for buying Soul Gambler for a $1, and it was only ~30 minutes long, still sort of good.

Rhaknar

Should be hitting Steam soon, as I've been saying, it's been shaping up very nicely, looking forward to its EA Steam release. Seems we're a week away.

really interesting / cool how the game changes depending on what you do / how you play, I hope theres lots of that (you can see the example in the trailer if you watch both the run and fight options)

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
really interesting / cool how the game changes depending on what you do / how you play, I hope theres lots of that (you can see the example in the trailer if you watch both the run and fight options)

It's one of the big market points they've had since they introduced the game on Indiegogo, so I would assume that it'll at least play some role to this. I know they want multiple endings and such to the game.

Copons

Anyone knows if there's someone from Larian here on GAF?

I need to send them a job application, and they just HAVE to hire me, because it's kinda their fault if its almost 12 and I'm still playing D:OS instead of going to the office.

Deques

I need to send them a job application, and they just HAVE to hire me, because it's kinda their fault if its almost 12 and I'm still playing D:OS instead of going to the office.

It's your fault for not being able to control yourself :)

milena87

I'm so jealous. I'd love to play Divinity until 12 instead of going to work ç_ç

Tizoc

My brother has over 100 doto items.
I asked him to send me all the items he doesn't want.
I may not make a fortune but every little Gaben cent counts~

Not the best way to ask for a job by confessing you are not going to work.

cat-fail.gif

Copons

I'm so jealous. I'd love to play Divinity until 12 instead of going to work ç_ç

All you have to do is open a startup, then fail at it and at some point there's this cool period of time where you have to wait until bureaucracy makes its course and at the same time you still have to tend to your ongoing clients instead of searching for another full time job. :D

Not the best way to ask for a job by confessing you are not going to work.

But I'm showing great passion for what they do!

I'll make sure my voice, and the voice of everyone losing their jobs because of D:OS, is heard clear and loud.

Dr Dogg

Don't let it take over you life Copons! There's a book, "Football Manager Stole My Life: 20 Years of Beautiful Obsession" which has some cracking stories in it. Here's an except from an interview one of the authors gave to the Guardian back last year.
"We heard some horror stories," he says. "There was the student whose friends staged an intervention, holding him down and smashing the disk in front of him, and then the chap, another journalist, whose wife found him sat with his head in his hands in the kitchen late one night. 'What's wrong?' she said. 'I've been sacked,' he mumbled. His wife burst into tears. She was pregnant, they'd just taken out a mortgage, she was terrified for their future. It took him several minutes to clarify that he'd only been sacked on a computer game, not in real life."

I do wonder how I would have fared in college and uni if I wasn't stuck in the cycle of half living in the pub and half spent feeding my Championship/Football Manager obsession. Should have seen the warning signs with Syndicate many years before.

milena87

All you have to do is open a startup, then fail at it and at some point there's this cool period of time where you have to wait until bureaucracy makes its course and at the same time you still have to tend to your ongoing clients instead of searching for another full time job. :D

Seems fun. I'll certainly try it!

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom