• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

saunderez

I do wonder how I would have fared in college and uni if I wasn't stuck in the cycle of half living in the pub and half spent feeding my Championship/Football Manager obsession. Should have seen the warning signs with Syndicate many years before.

For me it was drinking, working, playing Unreal Tournament on the college LAN and occasionally actually going to uni. I have NFI how I graduated. The entire time is a blur to be honest.

Lain

Holy shit

Darkwood Interactive trailer

yea-fuck-yea.gif

Wolfman with a rifle :eek:

Looks really interesting, but I don't think I could play it.

Copons

Don't let it take over you life Copons! There's a book, "Football Manager Stole My Life: 20 Years of Beautiful Obsession" which has some cracking stories in it. Here's an except from an interview one of the authors gave to the Guardian back last year.

I do wonder how I would have fared in college and uni if I wasn't stuck in the cycle of half living in the pub and half spent feeding my Championship/Football Manager obsession. Should have seen the warning signs with Syndicate many years before.

AHAH shit, I had a somewhat light FM addiction when I was graduating from high school (back then it was still Championship Manager, called "Scudetto" in Italy... now that I think about it, are they even the same series? :eek: ), but thank god I didn't give a real shit about football, so I dropped that almost immediately.

Sadly, I replaced it with World of Warcraft during my second and third year of university.
As a result, I abandoned it shortly after my girlfriend broke up with me, and there was lots of depression going on, and whatever.
Never been addicted to a game anymore after WoW, and even if D:OS is cool (and I mean GOAT cool), mine here are mostly jokes, because after actually seeing what it's like, I doubt I'm gonna fall for a gaming addiction again.

also if I even try, my gf will throw my cat with unsheathed claws against my face before I even launch Steam, so if I really care about my eyeballs, I guess I just have to behave :D

Anyone knows if there's someone from Larian here on GAF?

I need to send them a job application, and they just HAVE to hire me, because it's kinda their fault if its almost 12 and I'm still playing D:OS instead of going to the office.
Go out and spread the good words, make more people buy this game, especially when there is a 4 player coop mod available right now.

Read now about the appid trick to drop cards while using another game. Which is the best? I was trying with the launcher of AoE2HD but it doesn't seem to work
edit: my bad, it works.
Is it safe right? xD

Dr Dogg

For me it was drinking, working, playing Unreal Tournament on the college LAN and occasionally actually going to uni. I have NFI how I graduated. The entire time is a blur to be honest.

Thankfully being an art student all I had to do was turn up every now and then and everything was Rosie and Jim. But damn did UT take up a lot of time as well. This was before broadband and when dial -up internet was about 40p a minute (and required threading a 100m extension cable through the house) but we used to just play against bots. Surprisingly good fun nonetheless.

AHAH shit, I had a somewhat light FM addiction when I was graduating from high school (back then it was still Championship Manager, called "Scudetto" in Italy... now that I think about it, are they even the same series? :eek: ), but thank god I didn't give a real shit about football, so I dropped that almost immediately.

Sadly, I replaced it with World of Warcraft during my second and third year of university.
As a result, I abandoned it shortly after my girlfriend broke up with me, and there was lots of depression going on, and whatever.
Never been addicted to a game anymore after WoW, and even if D:OS is cool (and I mean GOAT cool), mine here are mostly jokes, because after actually seeing what it's like, I doubt I'm gonna fall for a gaming addiction again.

also if I even try, my gf will throw my cat with unsheathed claws against my face before I even launch Steam, so if I really care about my eyeballs, I guess I just have to behave :D

Makes me laugh when I see some people talking about their 500, 1,000+ hours spent in DotA 2. Pfft amateurs.

fuck! I hate these "SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKER!" spawns in TR anniversary, they always startle me especially when I'm expecting to arrive at a platform where there's nothing before.

http://a.pomf.se/pmjcot.webm

Hahahaha. Are you enjoying them though?

Copons

Makes me laugh when I see some people talking about their 500, 1,000+ time spent in DotA 2. Pfft amateurs.

Yeah, the simple fact that Steam throws the playtime in your face at any given moment kinda removes the shame component from it.
I remember clearly that terrifying feeling preventing me to hit enter whenever I typed "/played" in WoW after that one time I saw I passed 1 month.

L.O.R.D

Resident Evil 5 will be receiving a Steamworks patch after all:

The game hasn't been updated in donkey's years so this can't possibly refer to anything else.

don't rise your hope
GFWL removal and maybe windows 8 support
i don't think they care that much about this game to add gold edition to it

Benedict

Is the treasure hat in TF2 valuable? Somebody wants to trade my hat for a copy of Dead Rising....

Never tell your password to anyone.
creepa sniper/scout LFT: hey
benedict: hey
creepa sniper/scout LFT: i was just wondering if you would be interested in Dead Rising 3 for one of your tf2 items
benedict: what item?
creepa sniper/scout LFT: the treasure hat
benedict: why do you want to trade DR3?
creepa sniper/scout LFT: cuz i have it lying around and already have my own copy
benedict: I can't see it in your inventory.
creepa sniper/scout LFT: you didnt read about the new update did you?
benedict: no
creepa sniper/scout LFT: when i activate a trade offer to you for the item, the game is added to your library after the transaction has been made
benedict: Where can I read about the new update?
creepa sniper/scout LFT is now Offline.

Deques

Is the treasure hat in TF2 valuable? Somebody wants to trade my hat for a copy of Dead Rising....

It seems it's worth 8 keys in the market, if I looked into the correct hat

Dead Rising 3 is sold for ~11 keys

Sounds like a scammer. Gifts wont be activated to your account once a trade offer is sent and accepted

Grief.exe

Yeah, the simple fact that Steam throws the playtime in your face at any given moment kinda removes the shame component from it.
I remember clearly that terrifying feeling preventing me to hit enter whenever I typed "/played" in WoW after that one time I saw I passed 1 month.

The horror of /played.

Dr Dogg

I still know that on average I'd clock between 2,000 and 3,000 hours of CM a year, IN ONE YEAR! Seeing that I was hooked from '96 through to '02 that's a lot of time 'spent'. Relationships ended. friends drifted away, family became estranged but the game didn't leave me *sob*. I'm better now (I think).

Hahaha. Oh it's Friday, I've got my funny head on. Been having a chuckle winding up the folks at work who have been gushing about how great Destiny is. "So isn't it just Borderlands?" I asked, and I was quickly informed "No it's a huge online world with loads and loads of players." So I further enquire "But they're not your friends right? How many of your friends did you play with?" "2 you can play in a team of 3! It's really good" So I couldn't resist "So it's not as good as Borderlands then as you can play with 3 of your friends in that". I think I sufficiently pissed off a fair few people this morning. I'm probably going to get shanked at lunchtime

I'm not sure, lol, it does kind of make some of the areas a bit more memorable.

Looking back at Legend, Anniversary and Underworld I much prefer the puzzle and actual tomb raiding aspect of them over Tomb Raider '13. Same with the acrobatic skills whilst on foot but the vertical traversal mechanics of TR and combined with the bow are something new. But the encounters and combat I much prefer in TR '13. I guess if you mashed them all up in a big pot you'd get the ideal Tomb Raider for me (maybe a touch of Guardian of Light, especially the co-op).

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

Same dude added me and tried to scam me a couple of months ago when I was trying to trade some earbuds on outpost. I don't think it's even worth it to report such lowlifes on steamrep

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
lets see if Destiny lives up to the hype shall we

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
What's the best hidden object game on steam?

The Nightmares from the Deep games and Angelica Weaver are pretty good.

i dont even see the appeal of selling cards

It's free money!

jb13Mub4av4R0R.PNG

Sorry, I'd rather have more money to buy games I won't play than have friends I won't talk to.

This is the only way!

Awesome!

----------------------

I have some news regarding the Defense Grid 2 Beta keys

The codes we have given you so far are beta only codes, they will expire, and when they do, we'll give you final game codes that will be of the Steam Special Edition. That will happen much closer to launch around the time that the beta closes.

No full versions for beta owners

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Universe Sandbox -- MB-97FE89B707D955A2 - Taken by Snakethesniper. 1 entrants total.
Cook, Serve, Delicious! -- MB-C962EB936BA7650B - Taken by Coldsun. 3 entrants total.

t1405684628z1.png

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Are you all playing the destiny beta on PS4? Just noticed there's one for PS3 too but I doubt it's worth bothering with since the game must be dumbed down to hell on last gen systems

Still wish I could affort a PS4 :(

yGray

Banned
There are certain games I want, only to play the DLC.

I want to play the Dishonored DLC again and I want to play through the Bioshock Infinite DLC for the first time.

Don't really care about playing through the main games again though

Volotaire

heh, first time ive noticed this new image on steam games with full controller support

oPDX28F.png

Good to see that they acknowledge the PS4 controller also.

Great, would be nice to see the Wii U pro controller too though. It has an insane battery life which is really useful.

Parsnip

Resident Evil 5 will be receiving a Steamworks patch after all:

The game hasn't been updated in donkey's years so this can't possibly refer to anything else.

Is this real life?

edit: also it seems like Avast doesn't like pomf urls all of a sudden.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Destiny seems good. Feels a lot more like a mmo than Borderlands ever did. In fact, all those times you heard games claim they are "mmofps", this seems like the real deal

Would probably buy this day 1 from russians on steam, but not for 70€ on a console. Ill gladly wait for a PC version if it happens. Or ill just impulse buy the PS4 version if im bored, who knows

edit: also I see no reason at all why this isnt on PC day 1, in fact it would probably feel much better on pc with all the fucking gear vendors, rep vendors, ship vendors, etc- ypu even navigate menus with a pointer using the fucking analog stick as if it was a mouse for crying out loud

Mozendo

edit: also I see no reason at all why this isnt on PC day 1, in fact it would probably feel much better on pc with all the fucking gear vendors, rep vendors, ship vendors, etc

Supporting 4 consoles with patches and expansions sounds pretty hectic to me.

Uzzy

Destiny seems good. Feels a lot more like a mmo than Borderlands ever did. In fact, all those times you heard games claim they are "mmofps", this seems like the real deal

Would probably buy this day 1 from russians on steam, but not for 70€ on a console. Ill gladly wait for a PC version if it happens. Or ill just impulse buy the PS4 version if im bored, who knows

edit: also I see no reason at all why this isnt on PC day 1, in fact it would probably feel much better on pc with all the fucking gear vendors, rep vendors, ship vendors, etc- ypu even navigate menus with a pointer using the fucking analog stick as if it was a mouse for crying out loud

To be fair, Bungie haven't made a PC game like ever. The Halo 1 and 2 ports were done by third parties, and Oni was made by a separate division of Bungie that closed shortly after it was released.

Sendou

Supporting 4 consoles with patches and expansions sounds pretty hectic to me.

2 consoles and PC seem a better choice to me than 4 consoles where two are vastly more powerful platforms. Besides I wonder if folks making these decisions consider that if a game like Destiny was a current-gen exclusive it would drive current-gen console sales? Maybe not.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
To be fair, Bungie haven't made a PC game like ever. The Halo 1 and 2 ports were done by third parties, and Oni was made by a separate division of Bungie that closed shortly after it was released.

I thought Halo 2 was done internally by Bungie. Who did do the port? I know Gearbox did Halo 1.

Rhaknar

dude you move a curser around in the menus, this is a PC game already

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom