• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

aku:jiki

To be fair, Bungie haven't made a PC game like ever. The Halo 1 and 2 ports were done by third parties, and Oni was made by a separate division of Bungie that closed shortly after it was released.
wut. Bungie's roots and first decade of existance was in computer games (their specific platform was Mac but they did PC too). Halo was not their first game, and it was never even meant to be a console game until MS came along.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
also, every console game is technically a PC game anyway :p

but I didnt mean to start a port beg / war. game seems good, will buy on PC, not so sure on console (70€ for a game is fucking ridiculous), and thats about it :)

Anteater

Looking back at Legend, Anniversary and Underworld I much prefer the puzzle and actual tomb raiding aspect of them over Tomb Raider '13. Same with the acrobatic skills whilst on foot but the vertical traversal mechanics of TR and combined with the bow are something new. But the encounters and combat I much prefer in TR '13. I guess if you mashed them all up in a big pot you'd get the ideal Tomb Raider for me (maybe a touch of Guardian of Light, especially the co-op).

I've only played Legend and about half way through Anniversary, I thought Anniversary is kind of a better game with more clever puzzles/platforming sections, and even though you fight more simple enemies, the new dodge mechanic makes it feel a bit more polished than the previous game. I think Legend's pacing feels more like a modern adventure "uncharted" game due to its many gunfights and making the player jump from one country to another in short bursts with a lot of action sequences.

TR'13 seems to improve on the combat mechanics and to be honest I find it overall to be a better game than Legend, TR13 is a more polished game with some bigger areas for you to transverse with also much better gunplay, they seem to focus on different things but I personally think if you like Legend, TR13 isn't really as bad as some people made it out to be, but the biggest difference with the reboot is the lack of classic Lara's acrobatic skills, which is something I hope they bring back because it would also help them move away from being a "cover shooter" and also bring back or help adding some new platforming elements.

As per the "Weekend Deal", is Metal Gear Rising: Revenevenevengeance worth £9.99 ($17 approx.)?

I've heard good things about this game, I like Platinum... but this would be one of, if not the most expensive I've bought directly on Steam (not counting retail stuff activated on Steam).

Someone make up my mind for me, it takes all the pressure away.

Uzzy

wut. Bungie's roots and first decade of existance was in computer games (their specific platform was Mac but they did PC too). Halo was not their first game, and it was never even meant to be a console game until MS came along.

They put out three games for PC, Marathon 2 and the two Myth games, the latest one being in 1998. My point was simply that there might not be a whole load of experience with creating games for the PC at Bungie anymore.

And yes, the moment Destiny comes out for PC I'll be getting it.

also, every console game is technically a PC game anyway :p

but I didnt mean to start a port beg / war. game seems good, will buy on PC, not so sure on console (70€ for a game is fucking ridiculous), and thats about it :)

This is full of truth.

As per the "Weekend Deal", is Metal Gear Rising: Revenevenevengeance worth £9.99 ($17 approx.)?

I've heard good things about this game, I like Platinum... but this would be one of, if not the most expensive I've bought directly on Steam (not counting retail stuff activated on Steam).

I preordered that game with no regrets. It's a pretty solid port and an awesome game if you enjoy the
fucked up
MGS universe.

If you are going to play now, pick it up. If not, hold out for a lower price.

Ozium

The Last boss in Ys I can go fuck right off... omg I am raging hard at this motherfucker...

Any tips?

Yes I'm using my Silver equipment

YES YES YES YES YES YES GOD YES YOU MUST BECAUSE IT IS IN THE RULES

RULES OF NATURE!

Deques

A wild bundle appears: GRAM BUNDLE #1

1st tier ~ $1.6
Left in the Dark: No One on Board - DRM FREE
Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek - Digital Collector's Edition - DRM FREE
Dark Arcana: The Carnival - Digital Collector's Edition - DRM FREE

2nd tier ~ $7.5
Enigmatis: The Mists of Ravenwood - Digital Collector's Edition - DRM FREE + STEAM
Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden - Digital Collector's Edition - DRM FREE + STEAM
A secret game - DRM FREE + STEAM

The Last boss in Ys I can go fuck right off... omg I am raging hard at this motherfucker...

Any tips?

If I remember correctly you have to unequip your silver equipment. Or did I mix it up with Ys 2?

Uzzy

It's worth the full price. If you like Platinum, buy it now and you can finally understand the RULES OF NATURE references.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Super Panda Adventures keys are finally up on Indiegala Greenlight 2. and here's mine

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Super Panda Adventures -- MB-DA101611990C5330 - Taken by Gianni Merryman. 9 entrants total.

t1405689068z1.png

Ozium

If I remember correctly you have to unequip your silver equipment

the silver is the second best equipment, you might be thinking of the flame sword and other 4th tier weaponry... The girl in the tower said you have to use silver against silver... well Clerian, but whatever

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
I'm sure Destiny will appear on PC, eventually. Been playing a lot of it, it's pretty damn good, not sure if "game changer" good but it's good.

If anyone wants a NA PS4 code, PM me. I've got two. One left.

Deques

the silver is the second best equipment, you might be thinking of the flame sword and other 4th tier weaponry... The girl in the tower said you have to use silver against silver... well Clerian, but whatever

I think I watched this video on how to the beat the final boss

Resident Evil 5 will be receiving a Steamworks patch after all:

The game hasn't been updated in donkey's years so this can't possibly refer to anything else.

Fuck yes. I'm going to finally play this game after all these years :lol

Now If only Bamco updated Dark Souls...

I preordered that game with no regrets. It's a pretty solid port and an awesome game if you enjoy the
fucked up
MGS universe.

If you are going to play now, pick it up. If not, hold out for a lower price.

YES YES YES YES YES YES GOD YES YOU MUST BECAUSE IT IS IN THE RULES

RULES OF NATURE!

It's worth the full price. If you like Platinum, buy it now and you can finally understand the RULES OF NATURE references.

Ah, hell... I'm in. Had a quick look and it doesn't seem to have been cheaper than this on Steam, so knowing my luck it won't be going any lower any time soon.

Another game that'll get "promoted" over the rest of my backlog.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Super Panda Adventures -- MB-7E836DA3341D326E - Taken by Kryptonite. 2 entrants total.

t1405689548z1.png

Rhaknar

I forgot blink charges taxes, son of a...

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Love -- MB-AFE5E738A2C615DD - Taken by Diedac
Circuits -- MB-622B31FF89504590 - Taken by Sendou
Secret of the Magic Crystals -- MB-7923EFF703CAEDE1 - Taken by Chariot
A Virus Named Tom -- MB-35C1BA1F9AB5536A - Taken by _hekk05
Go Home Dinosaurs! -- MB-AC3122A1BD7B4057 - Taken by swx
Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages -- MB-36CB5DEB1EB05459 - Taken by PossumMeat
Not The Robots -- MB-16653E8D2D1D101F - Taken by anastef
Canyon Capers -- MB-430B0617397FBD4B - Taken by Deques
Retro/Grade -- MB-7C05B5A41181A3F7 - Taken by Hugstable

whoever takes Canyon Capers ill PM them the DLC key also

Any tips?

Yeah, use heal items and just play it enough times. I took about 3 tries myself but it's more of a luck thing than skill, if i recall correctly. Also, i'd take a break between I & II because II is less of an adventure and more about real fucking annoying mazes and bullshit.

Witcher 2: so I've reached the epilogue and im pretty sure this is about to end, as I've been sharing some vodka with what has to be the final boss of the game. Damn, now i'm tempted to see if I have an older save that would let me go down Iiorveth's path. Anyone done both paths? Is it worth trying out?

I really like the splits the plot takes but at times i feel like i'm missing plot points that I would like to see some closure for. For example,
fuck dethmold. I'm guessing that if I go with Roche to save the kid instead of saving Triss that I would see an end to that bastard?

The story also kinda suffers a bit if you do things out of order. It's an issue I noticed in the witcher 1, too, where the game doesn't acknowledge at times that you are aware of certain things and assumes you are a step or two either ahead or behind from where you actually are, leaving one a bit perplexed about what's going on at times.

I'm really glad that I played through W2 just to see if getting W3 on the cheap is worth it. The combat system never got tiresome, the pacing is soooooooo much better than the first game's bloated and sluggish campaign, and it's still a beautiful game to behold. What a wonderful game goddamn and now i'm really hyped for W3 :D

Uzzy

Ah, hell... I'm in. Had a quick look and it doesn't seem to have been cheaper than this on Steam, so knowing my luck it won't be going any lower any time soon.

Another game that'll get "promoted" over the rest of my backlog.

Good man. The good news is that you can probably finish your backlog in the time it takes to download Revengeance.

rtcn63

In reference to Rhaknar's new avatar-

"Whenever I see a girl in a pretty dress, I picture myself in that dress." - Reno 911

Rhaknar

Awesome.

Dips on Secret of the Magic Crystals, stay way peasants!

you grab that secret of the magic crystals like I grabbed that chicken something game the other day... embrace the poo, fuck the holier than thous!

Ozium

Yeah, use heal items and just play it enough times. I took about 3 tries myself but it's more of a luck thing than skill, if i recall correctly. Also, i'd take a break between I & II because II is less of an adventure and more about real fucking annoying mazes and bullshit.

B-But... I can't heal, I've never been able to heal/use potions in any boss battle on Ys I.. once you enter that fight you're locked in... no items.. no love QQ

Chariot

you grab that secret of the magic crystals like I grabbed that chicken something game the other day... embrace the poo, fuck the holier than thous!
I got it <3
And I will play that shit. And then i will post screenshots and comments, no matter how much nobody wants to read that. WHAHAHA

onionfrog

Resident Evil 5 will be receiving a Steamworks patch after all:

The game hasn't been updated in donkey's years so this can't possibly refer to anything else.
*Crosses fingers that Dead Rising 2 will get the same treatment*
-------
I started playing Cloudbuilt last night. I only played a level or two, but this game is pretty damn cool. The crazy platforming while running up walls is something else!

Rhaknar

what the fuck at the best games not being taken? Modbot just being slow I assume? o_O

Rhaknar

which do you consider the best games? Because I see that LOVE is already taken.

LOVE is all you need

virus named tom, retro/grade and not the robots are all unclaimed aparently for example

B-But... I can't heal, I've never been able to heal/use potions in any boss battle on Ys I.. once you enter that fight you're locked in... no items.. no love QQ

I must be mixing up my memories but i'm pretty sure both games have healing items. It's been like a year since I played Ys I though so maybe im misremembering.

also, RE5 getting updated is like the best thing ever. Give us the DLC ya jerks!

Rhaknar

we need americaGaf to wake up, they snatch those keys like its the apocalypse and those keys are water

anyway, PSA: if you want your Isomer key from the indieroyale mixer 4 bundle, and dont want to wait (or risk it not showing up), you can email the dev her with your desura username (dont forget to activate the bundle link so it activates on desura) and they will send you the steam key, just got mine

all you need to know here

and this also works for Stained from the indieroyale debut 3, you can send proof of purchase (I sent a picture of the debut 3 bundle showing I own it) here and they will mail you the key (I can confirm this works since I also got mine)

Witcher 2: so I've reached the epilogue and im pretty sure this is about to end, as I've been sharing some vodka with what has to be the final boss of the game. Damn, now i'm tempted to see if I have an older save that would let me go down Iiorveth's path. Anyone done both paths? Is it worth trying out?

I really like the splits the plot takes but at times i feel like i'm missing plot points that I would like to see some closure for. For example,
fuck dethmold. I'm guessing that if I go with Roche to save the kid instead of saving Triss that I would see an end to that bastard?

The story also kinda suffers a bit if you do things out of order. It's an issue I noticed in the witcher 1, too, where the game doesn't acknowledge at times that you are aware of certain things and assumes you are a step or two either ahead or behind from where you actually are, leaving one a bit perplexed about what's going on at times.

I'm really glad that I played through W2 just to see if getting W3 on the cheap is worth it. The combat system never got tiresome, the pacing is soooooooo much better than the first game's bloated and sluggish campaign, and it's still a beautiful game to behold. What a wonderful game goddamn and now i'm really hyped for W3 :D
Definitely worth trying out, Vergen and the dwarf bros in it are more interesting than Roche's path IMO.

Beelzebubs

we need americaGaf to wake up, they snatch those keys like its the apocalypse and those keys are water

anyway, PSA: if you want your Isomer key from the indieroyale mixer 4 bundle, and dont want to wait (or risk it not showing up), you can email the dev her with your desura username (dont forget to activate the bundle link so it activates on desura) and they will send you the steam key, just got mine

all you need to know here

I saw cards in the bundle, had to buy it to get me close to level 50 so I can then begin to sell every card I get afterwards.

What's the deal with the extra $1 it cost on the bundle? Stupid tax.

Definitely worth try out, Vergen and the dwarf bros in it are more interesting than Roche's path IMO.

But is the content noticeably different or are we talking about Walking Dead style of differences where the content is just barely different? I think i might give it a shot around november to give myself some time between this playthrough and still have some breathing room before W3.

Ozium

I am AmericanGAF and I am extremely offended, sir. I shan't think of what will happen to you if one of my "acquaintances" pays your little hamlet inn a visit. I swear on my dear mother's life, friend.

But is the content noticeably different or are we talking about Walking Dead style of differences where the content is just barely different? I think i might give it a shot around november to give myself some time between this playthrough and still have some breathing room before W3.
Let's just say what you did on one path, can not be done in the other, since you weren't there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom