• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

About Destiny, I'm not too interested in it yet personally because I rarely really play multiplayer FPS, but it is something I don't mind playing with friends, I have a few friends (like 2-3 of them) who will be playing from the NA region on the PS4, but for me I think the price of entry is a bit much for me at the moment (ps4 + the game and ps plus renewal), and I also don't know how cross region will work, being a ps3 user with 3 accounts of different region and EU PS+... I kind of don't really want to think about it yet ...

I haven't read up much on the game, but I'm open to give it a try, it's just at a lower priority, a closer friend of mine also don't have a ps4 which makes 2 of us who are still on the fence, he also wants to get a wii u for all the nintendo games, so we're all quite split at the moment, we also live in different timezones and not much time to dedicate to playing multi so it's just not something we're particular too excited about, and lastly the subscription fee is also something for us to consider. (Some of us played on the ps3 last gen due to free online).

As for Destiny on PC assuming it does come out, I'm not sure if I'm going to play that either seeing that half of my friends would already have started on the ps4, and I'm going to assume there will be no cross platform play, shit is tough #firstworldproblems

Vuze

This ad for the Destiny Closed Beta on 4gamer is sorta bad worded, heh?
fEE0Cbn.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Pressured is out but no indiegala key...they are always so fucking slow

In fact the amount of games that have a store page now and dont have keys out is kinda lame :/

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
As per the "Weekend Deal", is Metal Gear Rising: Revenevenevengeance worth £9.99 ($17 approx.)?

I've heard good things about this game, I like Platinum... but this would be one of, if not the most expensive I've bought directly on Steam (not counting retail stuff activated on Steam).

Someone make up my mind for me, it takes all the pressure away.
I think it is, although I only paid $8 for it back when it came out due to having some cards money in my Wallet. Once it clicked I started loving it.

Definitely worth try out, Vergen and the dwarf bros in it are more interesting than Roche's path IMO.

I took that path too because I went online to look up posts about which one is more interesting. The conversation was pretty one-sided, so I decided not to bother playing through Roche's path at all.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Got everyone for the Vs Mode for Abyss Odyssey.

I got also every available character for training except 4 which need to be unlocked through the community.

Now that I have Katrien at level 70 I guess time to level up Pincoya and Ghost Monk.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Got everyone for the Vs Mode for Abyss Odyssey.

I got also every available character for training except 4 which need to be unlocked through the community.

Now that I have Katrien at level 70 I guess time to level up Pincoya and Ghost Monk.

Do you soul capture the champion characters as well? Would be cool to be able to play as them on the campaign

wetflame

Pizza Dog
So after buying Wolfenstein The New Order yesterday at GMG and then getting home to realise it was a ~40GB download, I set mine off last night ready to play when I get home. Can't wait. The last Wolfenstein experience I had was Wolfenstein 3D back when it actually came out (ok, and a few times since then) so I'm looking forward to seeing how this one compares. Hopefully I can actually play it.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages -- MB-36CB5DEB1EB05459
Retro/Grade -- MB-7C05B5A41181A3F7

still available if someone just woke up or missed the previous page

Not sure if modbots just being slow, but Ring Runner is a genuinely good game. Neat little plot, loads of content, about a million achievements. If you like SPAZ, you'll probably like Ring Runner.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
LOL at the Dishonored sale on GMG, 38% on the DLC, I bet because with the 20% voucher you get the same 50% that steam has

suck my big fat cock GMG, you cunts. I really want to use up my remaining credit and never use it again, that place has gone off the deep end in a big way the last few months

Silaerion

Neo Member
Is Abyss Odyssey good?

I find it to be pretty great minus a few complaints here and there. The developer's response to various issues has also been pretty satisfying so far except for one instance regarding the currently glitched Leaderboards and community progression system.

masterkajo

LOL at the Dishonored sale on GMG, 38% on the DLC, I bet because with the 20% voucher you get the same 50% that steam has

suck my big fat cock GMG, you cunts. I really want to use up my remaining credit and never use it again, that place has gone off the deep end in a big way the last few months
Indeed it has. All I want is to use my credit and a voucher together to get the Dark Souls 2 season pass but they just don't allow that anymore. Was my favorite place to purchase... not anymore.

I've now used up almost all my credit just and random shit I wouldn't buy otherwise. No use in holding out for a good credit+voucher deal comes up since someone apparently called the fun police.

The dream is dead.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

While I wouldn't have used the same wording, I agree with the sentiment. Their appeal is dropping fast. I haven't bothered looking at the achievement rewards since Sniper Elite 3.

Anteater

Yeah I haven't checked out my playfire rewards since knowing credits and coupons don't stack, I'll just be lazy and use those 20% or 25% coupons if I'm going to buy something from there, not to mention their catalog is pretty small anyway.

milena87

I took that path too because I went online to look up posts about which one is more interesting. The conversation was pretty one-sided, so I decided not to bother playing through Roche's path at all.

Roche's path is great as well and has some very interesting moments.

I personally find both very compelling. I would suggest to play both paths, as they reveal different things of the story, so you'll only get the complete picture by playing through both.

Rhaknar

While I wouldn't have used the same wording, I agree with the sentiment. Their appeal is dropping fast. I haven't bothered looking at the achievement rewards since Sniper Elite 3.

I was maybe a bit harsh, but that 38% on the Dishonored DLC pissed me off. Bathesda is also to blame, pushing their fucking GOTY versions with bigger discounts than the DLC, same as Skyrim. Im so glad I supported the games early, assholes

camaropilot

Woohoo just bought Dishonored. I can't play it for a couple of weeks but it will be my first time playing it when I do. Any pro-tips for me? I can't wait! I wish I could go to Quakecon seeing that I live in Dallas but it's nt possible this year :( maybe next year..

They're giving you free moneys. u wut m8

I'll take the decreased discounts

They've decreased the amount given as well as decreased the frequency of coupons. It's been a steady decline since the introduction of the reward system. I'm sure some people can post their shots of how much they got Dark Souls 2 for using credits + coupons (I think Nabs had a good one). That dream is dead.

Woohoo just bought Dishonored. I can't play it for a couple of weeks but it will be my first time playing it when I do. Any pro-tips for me? I can't wait! I wish I could go to Quakecon seeing that I live in Dallas but it's nt possible this year :( maybe next year..

Max out Blink as soon as you can.

Rhaknar

I just noticed Combat Cats on last friday's Indiegala bundle has a steam symbol but its actually a desura key (the game isnt even on steam)

I think its lawsuit time

edit: speaking of indiegala, Godmode unlocked on the july madness bundle

Hugstable

Banned

LOL just went to GMG right now since I had 5$ in credit and you are right only 38% off blah. I hate that they priced them at the same price as the GOTY edition cause now I'm just considering having to rebuy the game like I did Arkham City just so I can have both DLC since they cost $10 anyway. I have 5$ in credit that really needs to be used on GMG and the fact you can't use it with vouchers anymore makes credit pretty much useless unless you have a crapton of it.

EDIT: Now that I look at everything, I think I might just buy one DLC here at GMG since I only nmeed to pay $1.19 more and then just get the other DLC from Steam instead of getting the GOTY version.

Double Edit: Shiiiiiiiiet The GOTY is 10$ here at GMG also, screw it might as well throw the 5$ credit here and just pay the extra 5 and get Dishonored again.

Jawmuncher

Playing dishonored once was enough for me.
Why I didn't feel bad about missing on the price error during the winter sale or last summer sale?

Turfster

so, Resident Evil fans

If I own RE5 and RE: Revelaitons, which should I play first?

Well I found 5 to be dogshit and dropped it after an hour, and what I played of Revelaitons so far, I enjoyed.

A wild bundle appears: GRAM BUNDLE #1

You should have also told people they need to know Polish, and that they need to manually up the amount to actually beat the average. The DRM free games in the first tier have Polish subtitles, and the second tier games come in both English and Polish versions apparently.

GMG has RTCW and Wolf3D for a lot less (75% off) than they're currently on Steam (25% off).
Wolf daily coming up?

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I think Wolf and Fallout Dailies should both be assumed over the weekend. Probably a TES daily as well?

From Bethesda's blog:
We will also be offering deals each day on individual id Software and Bethesda Softworks’ titles via Steam. Daily deals include:

Thursday: Dishonored: Game of the Year and all Dishonored DLC at 50-75% off
Friday: Wolfenstein: The New Order and DOOM Sale at 50-75% off
Saturday: Fallout 3: Game of the Year, Fallout: New Vegas, and all Fallout: Classic Collection at 50-75% off
Sunday: The Elder Scrolls Sale, with Elder Scrolls titles selling for 50-75% off

Rhaknar

does Zombie Solitaire have anything to do with Fairie Solitaire? because Fairie was shockingly good

Lomax

It's funny, before Playfire rewards, everyone would be saying right now "buy Dishonored GotY on GMG, it's 66% off plus the 20% off voucher which makes it $8 which is the cheapest it's been." Now everyone says "this free credit they gave me for doing nothing can't be used with the coupon so GMG sucks." I think their program backfired a bit.

Can't understand why the Dishonored DLC on GMG doesn't have the same discount as Steam/Amazon. The sale prices for all other titles are going to match anyway, so why not with this particular item.

It's funny, before Playfire rewards, everyone would be saying right now "buy Dishonored GotY on GMG, it's 66% off plus the 20% off voucher which makes it $8 which is the cheapest it's been." Now everyone says "this free credit they gave me for doing nothing can't be used with the coupon so GMG sucks." I think their program backfired a bit.

I have yet to use my credit since it started, I think I have $25 dollars, maybe I will buy wolfenstein....

FloatOn

Dishonored was on my short list of favorite games from last gen.

If you still don't have it at this point you are missing out in a big way.

Rhaknar

Can't understand why the Dishonored DLC on GMG doesn't have the same discount as Steam/Amazon. The sale prices for all other titles are going to match anyway, so why not with this particular item.

because with the voucher it does match it, but if you use the voucher you cant use credit

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I don't know, I bought Wolfenstein TNO from them the other day which I wouldn't have done otherwise, that's about £7 they have now they didn't before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom