• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Lots of people seem to be upset with GMG lately. I can't check what they have done since I'm banned from both playfire and GMG

They also seem to have gone on an insane banning streak recently. all of my steamfriends (not on GAF) who have also scammed hundreds of dollars of rewards got banhammered in the last few weeks
Well I guess that explains why the reward system is pretty much nerfed to pointlessness.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This would be awesome.

People have been asking for this for a long time, and the only "argument" people can construct against them doing this is that it promotes people to buy their games directly on Steam more often (which is kinda BS, actually).

MUnited83

For you.
Nope, I bought a key for a game that was on my wishlist today, activated it in the client and it got instantly removed from my wishlist. Must be a new feature

bcf39-lawd.gif

Lomax

Wow, about time I say! Now it would be super sweet if they pushed it through so that it showed on your friends activity.

If I can get some more confirmation of this, I'll probably be removing that feature in an upcoming version.

Yep, I can confirm, just bought Dishonored GotY from GMG and Dishonored disappeared from my wishlist when I activated the key. About time they did this. I'm in the regular client, not the beta, so it should work for everyone.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I'll try one more time to ensure if it indeed works. Will add the Wealth of Nations DLC for EUIV to my wishlist and buy it from Nuuvem.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'll try one more time to ensure if it indeed works. Will add the Wealth of Nations DLC for EUIV to my wishlist and buy it from Nuuvem.

same, but with Farm for your life in my case

edit: yup worked again, awesome

MUnited83

For you.
It works alright. I got many wishlist games on recent bundles( including Cook Serve Delicious) and I just checked and they all dissapeared.

kudoboi

heh this is weird. MGR shows up on steam spotlight even though the game isn't available here

dA4Gx7q.png

i'm still unhappy at Konami for not releasing their games in Asia :mad:

JakeD

People have been asking for this for a long time, and the only "argument" people can construct against them doing this is that it promotes people to buy their games directly on Steam more often (which is kinda BS, actually).

one argument against it would be certain people, like myself, would flood peoples news feed with constant bundle activations. i guess if it consolidated it into one post per day it wouldnt be so bad though

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
one argument against it would be certain people, like myself, would flood peoples news feed with constant bundle activations. i guess if it consolidated it into one post per day it wouldnt be so bad though

Yeah, it would consolidate into one post per day, just like Steam store purchases, but would get pushed to the top of the activity feed each time you activated a key.

It's also a pretty weak argument against, since that's essentially free advertising for the game to all of your friends.

Nope, I bought a key for a game that was on my wishlist today, activated it in the client and it got instantly removed from my wishlist. Must be a new feature

It works alright. I got many wishlist games on recent bundles( including Cook Serve Delicious) and I just checked and they all dissapeared.

Yeah, I could do with this!
Having to delete manually all games wishlisted that have been later on purchased is quite boring honestly.

No Quake games sale?!
I'M FUCKING PISSED.
This is me, too. Way to miss the point, Bethesda.

Oh good, this has been annoying for me some time now. No fun in gifting someone a game that's still in their wishlist months after they got it for themselves.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Is there a list somewhere of the current deals? They send me emails, but I can never read them. :(

Unfortunately they're not as organized as other key selling sites. They have 4 deal categories on their frontpage:

-Ofertas em Destaque which are their daily/featured deals

-Corra que estas ofertas irão acabar which are the deals that expire soon

-Mais de 200 games em promoção which lists all of their games on sale

-and Os mais vendidos meaning top sellers

Their dailies are updated an hour later than Steam

How well does CSD work with a controller? I'm a comfy ikea seat guy and, while i noticed it has controller support that doesn't mean it plays well with one.

Me and my daughter play with a controller. I like it and it works fine. However, I never used the kb/m controls so I can't really compare the two.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Find a 90% coupon and get it for a much less price

The fact that they issued 90% coupons is really offensive to me. Not because I care either about the game or the coupon, but because the developers totally wrecked their previously wonderful reputation (these were the guys who gave out tens of thousands of free keys for Faerie Solitaire on reddit, for example) by pricing a match-3 game at $30. Then, when fans complained about the price, or even asked what the deal with the price is, the devs aggressively argued that fans were wrong, that their game was one of the best values ever, that they only wanted players who would put 100 hours into the game, that you can't put a price on quality, etc. And, like, certainly it's a dev's prerogative if they put a premium on their work and don't want to sell for less, but it makes no sense to get into mud-slinging matches with users, even abusive users, to send the signal that customers aren't wanted... So, after all that to turn on 90% off coupons seems to make the entire process of wrecking your brand not only futile, but ultimately for nothing.

jshackles

The fact that they issued 90% coupons is really offensive to me. Not because I care either about the game or the coupon, but because the developers totally wrecked their previously wonderful reputation (these were the guys who gave out tens of thousands of free keys for Faerie Solitaire on reddit, for example) by pricing a match-3 game at $30. Then, when fans complained about the price, or even asked what the deal with the price is, the devs aggressively argued that fans were wrong, that their game was one of the best values ever, that they only wanted players who would put 100 hours into the game, that you can't put a price on quality, etc. And, like, certainly it's a dev's prerogative if they put a premium on their work and don't want to sell for less, but it makes no sense to get into mud-slinging matches with users, even abusive users, to send the signal that customers aren't wanted... So, after all that to turn on 90% off coupons seems to make the entire process of wrecking your brand not only futile, but ultimately for nothing.

Not only that, but the 90% off coupons for this game have been around since just a few days after the game was released. Even when they were making that argument against their customers, people were buying the game for $3.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Sorry, but no regrets on my part. The way GMG treated me as a customer in the past pushed me towards cheating reward money.

Yep, whatever they did to you totally justifies ruining the program for everyone else. You really got back at them good though so that's what counts.

wilflare

I have Dishonored. if I were to get the GOTY to get all the DLC (I have none) would Steam count that I own all the DLCs or is the GOTY a separate sub altogether?

(thinking of getting it w my GMG credit)

Dunno if someone has asked this question somewhere in the thread before, but how's the DLC for Dishonored?

I have the normal version (that I haven't played yet) but I'm thinking of getting the GOTY edition. Is it a bad idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom