• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
About 2 weeks ago, I identified about 130 games on my Steam list that I hadn't drained for cards yet (because before the summer sale, I hadn't done that at all with any games other then ones I was actively playing).

By my estimate, selling all the cards at approximate going rates should net me just enough Steambux to pay for Witcher 3 pre-order on the US store. (I like those devs so I'm happy to pay full US price, but I don't really have the cash right now due to an impending move. I can sneak a bundle or 2, but not a full priced game).

So far, I've drained about 20 of the games on my list, and am up about $10 (from $0...I did spend a little on cards to boost my level to 30 because I was close and hoping for some boosters to drop a bit more frequently).

Wish me luck. :)

Just played CSD first time with an xbox controller..takes sometime to get use to....

Me and my daughter play with a controller. I like it and it works fine. However, I never used the kb/m controls so I can't really compare the two.

Chubs added in controller support and, apparently, it has become his favorite control style.

Cool, it seems i can get my GF into it then because getting her to use a kb/m is an impossible sell. Thanks!

wilflare

Aw did you missed me and Huggie in Payday 2?:(

-------------

I think I got enough money now to afford it... Should I buy Dead Rising 3, Metal Gear Rising or Saints Row IV?

I already beat the campaign for Rising on PS3.

wait for SR4 Complete Pack w all the DLCs
get DR3

aku:jiki

The fact that they issued 90% coupons is really offensive to me. Not because I care either about the game or the coupon, but because the developers totally wrecked their previously wonderful reputation (these were the guys who gave out tens of thousands of free keys for Faerie Solitaire on reddit, for example) by pricing a match-3 game at $30. Then, when fans complained about the price, or even asked what the deal with the price is, the devs aggressively argued that fans were wrong, that their game was one of the best values ever, that they only wanted players who would put 100 hours into the game, that you can't put a price on quality, etc. And, like, certainly it's a dev's prerogative if they put a premium on their work and don't want to sell for less, but it makes no sense to get into mud-slinging matches with users, even abusive users, to send the signal that customers aren't wanted... So, after all that to turn on 90% off coupons seems to make the entire process of wrecking your brand not only futile, but ultimately for nothing.
I asked them about it and the response was that it's expensive because puzzle games aren't very common.

Yes, seriously.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
About 2 weeks ago, I identified about 130 games on my Steam list that I hadn't drained for cards yet (because before the summer sale, I hadn't done that at all with any games other then ones I was actively playing).

By my estimate, selling all the cards at approximate going rates should net me just enough Steambux to pay for Witcher 3 pre-order on the US store. (I like those devs so I'm happy to pay full US price, but I don't really have the cash right now due to an impending move. I can sneak a bundle or 2, but not a full priced game).

So far, I've drained about 20 of the games on my list, and am up about $10 (from $0...I did spend a little on cards to boost my level to 30 because I was close and hoping for some boosters to drop a bit more frequently).

Wish me luck. :)

I'm about to undertake the same again. I have about $100 waiting to be idled.

I'm curious, did you use Enhanced Steam to arrive at your figure? I hope you didn't tally those all up by hand.

Cheddahz

Banned
I'm spending my Friday by taking a mandatory sexual violence class, since it's mandatory for all staff members at my university (and I'm ironically a student and a staff member)

Shadownet

Banned
wait for SR4 Complete Pack w all the DLCs
get DR3

I was thinking the same thing. I wanna play with Huggie.

I'm curious, did you use Enhanced Steam to arrive at your figure? I hope you didn't tally those all up by hand.

Look at jshackles promoting ES features :p

Called me noob but when do you go in ES to find that feature that add up the value of cards?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Look at jshackles promoting ES features :p

Called me noob but when do you go in ES to find that feature that add up the value of cards?

Well I was pretty curious, it's a difficult number to arrive at on your own especially if you're talking about $60 worth of cards.

And this should be at the top of your badges page, like this:

V0tmFUT.png

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Hope this is ok-

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 PSN Beta keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

1hFaqwB.png
Destiny PS4 Beta (PSN) #2 -- MB-0275819B2A65963A - Taken by Vuze. 1 entrants total.
1hFaqwB.png
Destiny PS4 Beta (PSN) -- MB-6AA5E5566B09BD5A - Taken by deejay. 1 entrants total.

t1405699989z1.png

Vuze

Because it was free.

If you've waited this long, what's another few months for new freshness?
True true. I was just struck how Senza Peso ran like shit for me the other day (waiting for my rift DK2) - maybe I'm lucky and Nvidia will reveal details and release dates for the 800 series on their event next Tuesday. But apparently it's just Shield related.

As a matter of fact, I did. It was a great help...I'm glad I didn't have to do it the brute force way.

I did also use that site (that I don't remember off the top of my head because I'm at work but I got the link for it from SteamGAF) that compares steam card price averages.

jshackles

As a matter of fact, I did. It was a great help...I'm glad I didn't have to do it the brute force way.

I did also use that site (that I don't remember off the top of my head because I'm at work but I got the link for it from SteamGAF) that compares steam card price averages.

Was it this one?

If so, that's where Enhanced Steam gets it's market data feed from. :) So when you use Enhanced Steam to sort by the "highest drop value" it's taking into account the market price of the remaining number of cards you have left based on the same data this site has.

Hugstable

Banned
Nah, I think it does work like that. Tapping creatures to use special abilities is pretty much an "instant". Being tapped only prevents a creature from blocking, but since the creature was already assigned to block yours. In this case, the ability acts like a permanent giant growth for +x/+x where x is the amount of attack/defense of the creature sacrificed.

Don't quote me on this, my magic is rusty, but to the best of my knowledge, this is how that should work.

I'd say... :\

Not that I've heard.

Protip: when dealing with a TF2Outpost person (and not a bot), you can go to their steam profile and look at their inventory -- if you do so, you can find the item you want and see if it has one of those ! RESTRICTED USE warnings on it.

Sweet thanks! Just bought my copy right now! So excited for this to release next month!

rtcn63

They really need to source Saoirse or Taylor Swift to do one of the female voices in Saints Row. It would just... it would just be right.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Every bitch unlocked in AO

Finally played the VS Mode with a friend and I gotta say if they keep updating it that could be huge. I like how things flow against human players and how crazy it can get as it get near the end of the battle.

Current things the VS Mode needs.
  • CPU Fights
  • Online Patch
  • More Stages ( I think 8 stages could be neat and some could have hazards to mess up with people but make em decent size so the big monsters also have a chance to move around)
  • I understand why they divide between Champions tier and Support tier but thesupport characters can destroy as much as the champions and everyone seems to have competent moves to keep the matches even. (Yes even the soldiers have options if you practice lazy asses)
  • Alt Costumes (Colors and Minor Modification per skin would be nice)

Training Mode needs.
  • Enemy Select (Make the punching bag a character btw)
  • Let me see what combinations Im doing (Display Commands)
  • CPU Options (Jump, attack, etc)
  • Let me see the hitboxes on every enemy since this could work well for the Vs Mode as well as the main mode.

when is DR3 releasing for PC? :/ I wanna play my copy

Step 1) Open your browser or steam client.
Step 2) Go to store page for DR3.
Step 3) Look at information about release date.

I think it's 9/5/2014

Sorry, he needs to do Cook, Sell, Delirium first, the meth cooking sim.

Also, nuuvem deals page.

Meth cooking sim exists. It's called Payday 2.
And thanks, I'll take a look.

Does anyone who didn't like Abyss Odyssey at first have a different opinion now?

Sorta. I thought it was okay at first but had a bunch of game breaking bugs. I haven't had them in awhile and now that my characters are decently far along in the level tree, it's definitely better.

Unfortunately they're not as organized as other key selling sites. They have 4 deal categories on their frontpage:

-Ofertas em Destaque which are their daily/featured deals

-Corra que estas ofertas irão acabar which are the deals that expire soon

-Mais de 200 games em promoção which lists all of their games on sale

-and Os mais vendidos meaning top sellers

Their dailies are updated an hour later than Steam

Thanks.

Aw did you missed me and Huggie in Payday 2?

Now I know what your pinky promises are worth, ser. :O

Chubs added in controller support and, apparently, it has become his favorite control style.

This sounds ... interesting. I will have to try this out soon.

Hugstable

Banned
Aw did you missed me and Huggie in Payday 2?:(

-------------

I think I got enough money now to afford it... Should I buy Dead Rising 3, Metal Gear Rising or Saints Row IV?

I already beat the campaign for Rising on PS3.

Dead Rising 3! COOP BRUUUH! Plus I just bought my copy like 3 minutes ago :D

Turfster

Speaking of nuuvem, its Of Orcs and Men says something about it having PT-BR voices.
Anyone here bought it? Does it also have English voices (and is it even a Steam key? It's kinda annoying that they didn't tag all the older releases that use Steam correctly)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
hahfdoch.png

good luck with that buddy. if I could use the market, I would undercut the living hell out of this dude

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Speedball 2 HD -- MB-C04521133C22DE5A - Taken by Saty

Zeeman

Steam says I'm restricted from selling on the market for 7 days because I logged in on a new device, and that it expires on Monday, even though I just sold something in the marketplace this morning. I...don't understand

Turfster

Steam says I'm restricted from selling on the market for 7 days because I logged in on a new device, and that it expires on Monday, even though I just sold something in the marketplace this morning. I...don't understand

Could be a false positive.
They happen sometimes.

hmm so $5.55 for Dishonored GOTY (I have the base game, just missing the DLCs) worth it?

5.5$ for Knife and Witches? More than worth it.

Coreda

Is there a way to claim custom/vanity Steam ID URLs that are no longer being used?

Was thinking of contacting a user that has a URL I'd like and appears to use it infrequently. Bit of a long shot I know, but wasn't sure if Steam 'expires' custom URLs when a user changes it.

Saw "Speedball 2 HD".

Got interested as I loved the old Mega Drive version.

...then I read the user reviews that absolutely slaughtered this new version the game and felt sad.

Kiru

Just finished "The Floor is Jelly". Gets a bit frustrating in the end. Took me 3 hours, and one achievement is to complete the game in 30 minutes lol. Also fuck those secrets. There is one guy who made a guide for the secrets, he did put 28 hours into the game. He also got the speedrun achievement. Insane.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
another bundle game on the store now, they are fucking pumping them out today. Lantern Forge, was in indieroyale mixer 6

Hanzou

Does tomb raider anniversary have full 360 controller support? I played it years ago off a disk and think I remember it working but not having the on screen button icons? Is that the case? I believe it's a games for Windows title so I think it should e all Ok but I'm not sure.

Does tomb raider anniversary have full 360 controller support? I played it years ago off a disk and think I remember it working but not having the on screen button icons? Is that the case? I believe it's a games for Windows title so I think it should e all Ok but I'm not sure.

Yes, it does.

Anteater

Yea controller works, no onscreen buttons but they should be pretty easy to figure out.

Was it this one?

If so, that's where Enhanced Steam gets it's market data feed from. :) So when you use Enhanced Steam to sort by the "highest drop value" it's taking into account the market price of the remaining number of cards you have left based on the same data this site has.

Yup.

Good to know, I'd suspected it.

In a weird way, mining cards has kind of made me see the allure of commodities trading. I still wouldn't want to do it for a living, but on the small level of Steam cards, its kind of its own game...kind of like a mini-game for "Steam Game Buying Simulator 2014"

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Now this is funny...

jgBTqf2dkpGUF.PNG

But kind of fitting :p

Experience Planet of the Apes on a global scale - See how humanity responds as you infect the world with a lethal, artificial virus. Can they handle a global pandemic while dealing with a growing nation of genetically evolved, intelligent apes?

Control communities of intelligent apes – As well as infecting humans, evolve your disease in parallel to allow ape-to-ape transmission and improve their cognitive abilities. Ape colonies will generate DNA whilst helping apes avoid detection from humans.

For one species to rise, another must fall? – Master new gameplay mechanics and strategies to help apes become the dominant species on the planet. Decide when your apes should rampage against research labs, move apes to avoid detection from military drones and use ape migration to prevent scientists from conducting aggressive ape experiments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom