• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
My GOTY

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Wolfenstein -- MB-DA6C069880008A24 - Taken by JakeD. 81 entrants total.

t1405712529z1.png

Lomax

Steam says I'm restricted from selling on the market for 7 days because I logged in on a new device, and that it expires on Monday, even though I just sold something in the marketplace this morning. I...don't understand

Log out and log back in, that should fix it (on the device that worked this morning). I had issues like that when I had one new device I was using and one old device, the old device would give me the error unless I relogged.

Yup.

Good to know, I'd suspected it.

In a weird way, mining cards has kind of made me see the allure of commodities trading. I still wouldn't want to do it for a living, but on the small level of Steam cards, its kind of its own game...kind of like a mini-game for "Steam Game Buying Simulator 2014"

When cards first came out, I spent more time and had more fun playing with the markets and such than I did playing any games. Was always the part of MMOs I ended up enjoying the most as well. It isn't as appealing now that cards are all so cheap, but it's nice always having money in my Steam Wallet when I want something.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Well - another day, another rejection letter. This time after 3 interviews. Apparently it came down to me and one other guy. The other guy could start immediately, whereas I told them I would be putting in a two week notice with my current employer if offered the job.

Sometimes it sucks being nice.

Anyway, awesome Wolfenstein giveaway chubigans!

Toki767

Forgot to give out my spare since I already had it.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Toki767, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Spec Ops: The Line -- MB-12A8E931892E7648 - Taken by Newblade. 5 entrants total.

t1405703169z1.png

Speevy

Banned
Here's another strategy game.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Speevy:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header_586x192.jpg

Warlock Ultimate Edition -- MB-9FC6ADC51CC15D87 - Taken by topyy. 4 entrants total.

t1405703229z1.png

Got this Spare Gun Monkeys gift with the whole giveaway thing, and i'm not interested in MOBAS(the only one i enjoy playing is SMITE). Enjoy!
ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dio Brando, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Gun Monkeys -- MB-107CCEAB4C8848FB
Dead Island Epidemic -- MB-C7DEB96D95D96BB1

t1405703290z1.png

rtcn63

Shamelessly paying it forward so I can enter for the chubs. Still a decent game, HB link.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kirosia:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:

t1cxE6r.gif
The Darkness II -- MB-B1E63AAD222E418C - Taken by cyrok. 6 entrants total.

t1405703349z1.png

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
With all respect you are a cheater sometimes is better just silence..people like you just broke the playfire system and take away the value to the efforts of people like Stallion who earn their achievements loyally

Well, I was speaking for myself and why I chose to cheat the rewards, trust me I had a really bad experience with GMG when I was a paying customer. I obviously wasn't the reason they toned down the rewards, everyone was cheating apparently. It seems such comments are flamebait and some people like Stallion immediately took the chance to insult me, so I won't join in in further discussions about playfire in the future.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Thanks y'all, giveaway was the least I could do for all the awesome support! :)

I know there are probably contracts in place, but you've been very forthcoming with your sales data in the past. Any chance we can find out how successful this humble bundle has been for you?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Styx: Master of Shadows, the sequel to Of Orcs and Men, but with only the stealth goblin (aka the best part of that game) has a store page now

If that leaked MGSV date turns out true.
I'm guessing a PC port if it happens will be similar to how MGR was handled.

whats this now?

Kaleinc

Banned
ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (fspm, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Gun Monkeys -- MB-9BC630F03C84B0E0 - Taken by Htown

wilflare

ModBot said:
Instructions for wilflare:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (wilflare, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Humble Weekly Bundle: Simulators 2 (Tier 2) -- MB-F3448E463BC00AA1 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 10 entrants total.

t1405703771z1.png

this includes the Tier 1 + Tier 2 games
most importantly, it has CSD :D

FloatOn

Saw "Speedball 2 HD".

Got interested as I loved the old Mega Drive version.

...then I read the user reviews that absolutely slaughtered this new version the game and felt sad.

steam user reviews are a cesspool.

get your info elsewhere.

edit: just to be clear I haven't played this speedball2 game and it may well be horrible. I'm just lambasting the horrible user reviews I've seen on the steam community.

JakeD

ModBot said:
I am giving away 13 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

LOVE -- MB-377B594A4FFAD5D1 - Taken by Sofa King
Universe Sandbox -- MB-AFA7A8F77674CAF0 - Taken by darkchewie
metal planet -- MB-53821DE91F1C6BB0 - Taken by nexen
gearcrack arena -- MB-E7618CEBDF86298F - Taken by Gintoki
A Virus Named Tom -- MB-B5B23F0DBDBBB593 - Taken by darkchewie
Sacraboar -- MB-0C507E30537743FA - Taken by corrosivefrost
EDGE -- MB-1EF38D43F9314385 - Taken by Htown
One Finger Death Punch -- MB-5EB522F6F7B5A03F - Taken by Speevy
Ring Runner Flight Of The Sages -- MB-F851203B640CD415 - Taken by Darth Kupi

Retro Grade -- MB-20B054D352AC6730 - Taken by Htown
Realms of Arkania 2 Star Trail Classic- -- MB-EDA8F4F441E7BC64 - Taken by Kuroyume
Not The Robots -- MB-C7A54D4374159A46 - Taken by Htown
And yet it moves -- MB-99A3533A12906F1D - Taken by celsowmbr
not all garbage but garbage rules apply :)

Well, I was speaking for myself and why I chose to cheat the rewards, trust me I had a really bad experience with GMG when I was a paying customer. I obviously wasn't the reason they toned down the rewards, everyone was cheating apparently. It seems such comments are flamebait and some people like Stallion immediately took the chance to insult me, so I won't join in in further discussions about playfire in the future.

Everyone? I take offense to that. There are people, like me, and hekk05, and others, who didn't cheat at all. I have legitimately earned every reward I've been credited of the $80+ in credit I've had over the course of the program.

Now I'm not insulting you, or saying you are the cause, as you didn't cheat $100s of dollars in credit from them as I'm familiar with your story (as well as the other experience you had with them as a paying customer) and I do not fault you at all here.

--

On a lighter note, I found this image that depicts the crux of being afflicted by "JaseC disease":

52706338.jpg

Speevy

Banned
Of the following, which one should I do a giveaway for?

-Sonic Racing Transformed
-Splinter Cell Blacklist
-Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon
-Rayman Legends

Enjoy Space :)
ModBot said:
Instructions for Bel_Air_Jeff:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Bel_Air_Jeff, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Universe Sandbox -- MB-1D4496ACD4B7601E - Taken by Sofa King. 1 entrants total.

t1405703590z1.png

-Splinter Cell Blacklist
-Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon
-Rayman Legends

I feel like everyone in steamgaf has sonic transformed already so my vote goes to one of the other 3.

Wow, AssCreedLib for $10? not bad....awww it's uplay only

-Splinter Cell Blacklist
-Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon
-Rayman Legends

Blacklist is the one I'd vote for. I own them all, but that one is the most "WOW" to me out of the list.

Others will say Sonic because it's the only game that doesn't require use of uPlay.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Random question:
How did you end up in the humble weekly?
Your doing or humble's doing?

I've been wanting to do a Humble bundle for a while and there was lots of talks last year but ultimately we couldn't agree on a bundle. Then they offered this one a while ago and I readily accepted because it's a perfect fit for CSD. I posted a few extra details on my blog.

I know there are probably contracts in place, but you've been very forthcoming with your sales data in the past. Any chance we can find out how successful this humble bundle has been for you?

Sadly it's a bit more restrictive this time around so I won't be able to give out precise details on sales, dev cuts, etc. I'll see what I can share when it's over.

abracadaver

someone need this ?

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (abracadaver, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified -- MB-5F793E5A7B8191B5 - Taken by The-Bean. 7 entrants total.

t1405704070z1.png

wilflare

I have this problem with Steam: when I click on cmmunity or medals section, I receive this message:

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://steamcommunity.com/id/punishedsnake/commentnotifications/" on this server.
Reference #18.132c1ab8.1405703002.40427a0

thankfully i'm not the only one ^^

Deitus

I see Plague Inc is back in the top 20, presumably from the movie tie in. Anyone have a recommendation for this? Was thinking about picking it up
for my tablet.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/246620/

I've not played the Steam version, but I have played the (free) Android version. If you've ever played the flash game Pandemic, it's basically that game, but with extra features, and different types of diseases to choose from.

If you haven't played Pandemic, your goal is to basically wipe out the worlds population with a virus. There is no story other than a newsfeed detailing the spread of the virus, and you don't play a character or anything. You just start with a world map, and one person in the world infected. You then make choices about how to evolve the virus in order to spread it to the whole world. But as the virus becomes more visible, world governments take measures to stop the spread, and also work on a cure. So you have to try to keep your visibility low, but also you want to spread as fast as possible to infect everyone before the cure is developed.

It's a cool game, but I probably wouldn't pay $15 for it.

Also, fuck Madagascar.

garath

Wolfenstein again.. tempting me. I barely passed on the summer sale but now it's back again. If I had ANY time to play games right now......

I still may do it anyways :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom