• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Also, several people won't enter because they have some/many of the games in that bundle.

Still, great stuff.

I entered even if I already have Skyrim and Dishonored (both without DLCs). Maybe I shouldn't have. :\

Yeah, I never played DOOM.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Whats in the quake con bundle? DOTA2 banner is taken over steam now.

Dishonored
Dishonored – The Knife of Dunwall
Dishonored – Void Walker Arsenal
Dishonored: Dunwall City Trials
Dishonored: The Brigmore Witches
Doom 3: BFG Edition
DOOM 2
Fallout 2: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game
Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel
Fallout: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game
Final DOOM
Master Levels for Doom 2
The Elder Scrolls Online
The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim
The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim – Dawnguard
The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim – Dragonborn
The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim – Hearthfire
Ultimate Doom
Wolfenstein: The New Order

Looks pretty different from when I bought it a few years back. I still own most of the games in there so I won't steal the giveaway from someone else. :)

EDIT: Is Doom 3 BFG worth a fiver?

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
By everyone, I meant a large number of people. Playfire's system was easily abusable from the start and there was little to no risk getting caught initially. I know many people earned their rewards the hard way but sadly they belong to the minority

I still don't get why SteamGaf is so sensitive to this playfire thing though. When fantomena was caught cheating rewards some time ago many people called him out on this thread and insulted him instead of quietly reporting him to Playfire/GMG. I don't see how this helps, it just makes everyone upset and may potenitally drive members away from the community

We criticized him because he was unapologetic about it and how such actions would prompt GMG to end the program for everyone. He made his mea culpa and said he would stop and everyone moved on to more positive news. Then he later got caught again using SAM to abuse the system. A member made a post specifically ensuring not to name him directly, but posting the necessary proof. Other than some SteamGAF members making a mental note to remember it in case he was banned by playfire and decided to make a post claiming to be a victim, everyone independently decided to not make a spectacle about it. He still posts here regularly, and no one mentions it unprompted or makes snide responses to his posts. The community hasn't tried to drive him or anyone else who makes uninformed, or self serving posts. But they do criticize the specific instances of people making objective statements that are false and blatantly refuse to acknowledge the error when it is patiently explained to them; or have an unnecessarily antagonistic attitude toward members or topics of discussion. Some members might try to continue forced memes about it, as seen by some of the responses to Shadownet's survey, which I do agree is incredibly annoying. But overall, the people who make those statements are still welcomed by everyone in this thread if they want to discuss anything related to Steam (or many tangential subjects to be honest).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Looks pretty different from when I bought it a few years back. I still own most of the games in there so I won't steal the giveaway from someone else. :)

Mod support for BFG is virtually non-existent since the game is laced with id Tech 5 code. You're better off buying the original release and sprinkling metaphorical sugar on top.

Alright, since they unveiled the new doom yesterday, thought I would give this away.
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Demon Lizardman, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

header_586x192.jpg

Doom Classic Complete- -- MB-654E72F7B69A29CC - Taken by Sky Chief

spode

I always know I love Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, but it never strikes home just how good of a game it is until I play it again and I'm reminded of just how good and clever it all is, both for single player or co-op.

If you haven't played the game and it is in your library, play it now for those Playfire Rewards or at least the higher number of people trying to do co-op and experience good fun. If you don't have the game yet, get it on the next sale.
Hell yeah another GoL lover. Basically the same thing for me. Every once in a while I get the urge to replay the game and each time I start it I'm reminded of how great it is. Really looking forward to the sequel.

Levyne

Banned

I'd say so. However, it isn't mod friendly. I thought the back part of the lost levels was really neat, though that part of the package is underwhelming as a whole.

maty

I'm not Sub Zero but there you go.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bornlivedie, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Cave Story Plus -- MB-7F1B6088A3C2F82E - Taken by Toshin. 2 entrants total.
Dustforce -- MB-6E4B5E66EA2E5FA7 - Taken by Pakkidis. 3 entrants total.
Ballpoint Universe - Infinite -- MB-F1EF6F4112B92F37 - Taken by fernandes

t1405720093z1.png

Mod support for BFG is virtually non-existent since the game is laced with id Tech 5 code. You're better off buying the original release and sprinkling metaphorical sugar on top.

Yea I heard some not so great things about it. I still have my CD copy of Doom 3 lying around somewhere and I got the original version with the previous Quakecon bundle. It's probably best just sticking to that.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Question for those of you who got Gun Monkeys via the PC Gamer giveaway, did you get one in your inventory as well as your library?

The developer added a gift copy to both the store and retail subs in what was ultimately a futile effort to increase active player numbers.

Turfster

It's fine.

Especially if you get separate keys so you can give some games back... do we know ?
It's one single package.
Packs on Steam can't be broken up or give gifts for games you already have (in 99% of the cases), so everything you already have is lost.

Copons

yea i think that's the shellfish one i meant, source nightmare or something like that

if that's it, it's actually a really easy spider for me

the unfazedness of the main characters is pretty funny too lol

Ok then! :)

I was actually laughing hard for the fact that
when you descend into the cave and discover the dragon skeletons, the heroes are all "OMFG we're gonna fight this huge beast who killed a dragon!" and shortly after "Oh no wait, TWO dragons lol", and then suddenly it's a motherfucking huge spider, actually called Source NIGHTMARE lol fuck fantasy I hate it :'(

So apparently I fear spiders more than you. AH! Good
bad :'(
to know!

Anustart

Played a couple hours of sleeping dogs today. Game is great, but...i wish it had GTA physics for vehicles. Driving is so much fun in GTA but not as good here.

The developer added a gift copy to both the store and retail subs in what was ultimately a futile effort to increase active player numbers.

There was me thinking i might have been having a stroke of good luck, but then again it is only Gun Monkeys. Might just see if anyone will trade it for a card or something lol.

Caerith

I'm actually curious to see if my giveaway gets more than 254 entrants, which is my previous record with Witcher 3. Should be hard since the W3 giveaway happened during the summer sale
It's only a three-hour giveaway so it probably won't beat your record.

I see.
Anyone interested in Risen 3?
I read something about the demon hunter faction the other day...

I'm interested in Risen 3, but I am not reading anything about it to spoil myself. I enjoyed the first two and I expect to enjoy this one as well.

Shadownet

Banned
I just realized I'm not going to work today, it's supposed to be tomorrow! :D YAY!

Is anyone up for a little Destiny Beta later?

I know me and Huggie are playing. if we get a team of 3 we can go do Strike mission, if we get 6 we can do crucible.

Let me know if you're interested and i'll set up something :)

Tellaerin

Hmm...Saban going after Chroma Squad, the Sentai game that was being made. Either partner up or get sued for making a Sentai game. That sucks for the studio.

Wasn't Chroma Squad supposed to be playing on generic sentai tropes? So Saban's going to start claiming they have the rights to anything sentai-related now? If your game features color-coded masked martial artists in spandex costumes, that automatically equals Power Rangers? Ugh. That seems kind of ridiculous. >_<

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe If I feed you with free
quality
games, you will stop calling me a scumbag, an asshole and a poor shot. Enjoy the summer Steamgaf

Holy shit!

I must resist temptation to enter, since I own at least half of those games

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

So, I'm sure some people remember this game as a unauthorized Wolfenstein 3D clone that was able to bypass the SNES' lockout chip. Well, now it's on Greenlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom