• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you win your own giveaway with a .7% chance then you were meant to have those games.

tumblr_moy185Io0s1sx58zdo1_400.gif

Coreda

Quick repost in case someone knows about it:

Is there a way to claim custom/vanity Steam ID URLs that are no longer being used?

Was thinking of contacting a user that has a URL I'd like and appears to use it infrequently. Bit of a long shot I know, but wasn't sure if Steam 'expires' custom URLs when a user changes it.

Also, enjoy your giveaway Sub, haha.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I now feel even more shitty for doing this. Entered for the lulz and this happened...

It has to be a bug

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Whoa, seriously? Is this an official thing? Like they got the rights from the original company?

A bootleg SNES game is coming to Steam. That's kinda crazy.

Not entirely sure whether or not they have the rights, but I'm guessing that that's the case. It's a group called Piko Interactive that apparently develops and publishes for retro consoles. They also "open the doors to any hombrew [sic] and indie developer that wishes to publish his video game for any of our consoles of interest."

I sort of want the game to come to Steam just for the novelty of it.

Well, I'll be damned

So much for being terrible with giveaways, huh? :p

Volimar

I'm imagining Sub Zero sitting dumbstruck at his computer having one of those meta moments where you don't know what's real anymore.

Coreda

Since Valve claims it's impossible to change your username because it's deeply meshed with your library, I doubt it.

This is only the vanity URL though, such as steamcommunity.com/id/Turfster. Would have thought it might be possible for it to be claimed by another if the original user changes it.

Turfster

This is only the vanity URL though, such as steamcommunity.com/id/Turfster. Would have thought it might be possible for it to be claimed by another if the original user changes it.

Oh, right, forgot there was also a separate option.
Dunno, it might be possible, but I doubt Valve wants to spend time and effort on it.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken -- MB-A4C82D5E29A1E0A4 - Taken by the TMO. 1 entrants total.
Brutal Legend -- MB-BF44D74A494801AF - Taken by TheLight. 4 entrants total.
A Virus Named TOM -- MB-249782378615D5D6 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 2 entrants total.
Bastion -- MB-4BC7AA62DE867ED4 - Taken by Ventara. 2 entrants total.
Eets Munchies -- MB-FFC4A12E32AD2AF2 - Taken by deadflower81. 1 entrants total.
LIMBO, Amnesia, Superbrothers, Psychonauts -- MB-B4EA8D0CEA5B8244 - Taken by tioslash. 6 entrants total.
Bundlestuffs. Feel free to take even if you only want one or two of these.
Trine 2: Complete Story -- MB-FDC2511F4D3D6E38 - Taken by Sammichu. 3 entrants total.

t1405729396z1.png

At least someone else knows my pain even if it's slightly different.

Both were self inflicted, sir.
I still do not know why you bought the game before the giveaway was over... :lol

The normal process is like this:

1) See game you never expected to be given away in a raffle
2) Check the rules, and somehow you're eligible
3) Enter, thinking you probably won't win, but what the hell
4) Hype yourself up and start to believe you will really win when that timer expires
5) F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5 to see if modbot updated the post, wonder if the winner got PMed yet because you don't have one
6) Get depressed that you didn't win
7) Optionally, if this is not the first time you've lost a giveaway for something you wanted really badly, justify going out and buying the game because you're sick of the heartbreak of losing.

You skipped steps 4-6 and went immediately to 7.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I honestly wasn't expecting this would happen, so I wholeheartedly apologise for all the frustration. Hope some of you got a good laugh out of it. I'm blacklisting myself from all my future giveaways so you're safe from me. At least I can brag that I won something big from Modbot once, so there's that :p

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sub Zero:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sub Zero, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Quakecon Bundle 2014 -- MB-729A8E444385B4F8 - Taken by Widdly Scuds. 130 entrants total.

t1405739303z1.png

rtcn63

I honestly wasn't expecting this would happen, so I wholeheartedly apologise for all the frustration. Hope some of you got a good laugh out of it. I'm blacklisting myself from all my future giveaways so you're safe from me. At least I can brag that I won something big from Modbot once, so there's that :p

Enter again. You have to. I want to chance fate.

Caerith

A demon titan maybe?
Yeah it's totally possible, we had the lizardmen in Gothic, also I remember some demons in Gothic 2, though they were just some kind of monster like skeletons etc. came from another world
By "another" war I meant a titan war by a demon + I thought after defeating Mara the titan lords were kinda defeated?
I think Mara was just one of the Titan Lords.
As I understand it, the history of the Risen world is basically:
  1. Gods, Titans, and mortals exist.
  2. Gods fight Titans but can't beat them.
  3. Gods gift select mortals with the power to defeat Titans, making these mortals the Titan Lords.
  4. Titan Lords defeat the Titans and seal them away.
  5. Gods betray the Titan Lords and seal them away.
  6. Man eventually banishes the Gods.
  7. Without the Gods being around, the Titans are freed.
  8. Risen MC frees a Titan Lord (Ursegor), who gives him the power to fight Titans.
  9. Pirates free Mara (a Titan Lord), who is kinda pissed off about being sealed away.
  10. Risen MC defeats Mara.
  11. Risen 3 happens.
As long as it isn't "a rift opens in the sky and demons pour out" or something, I'm sure they'll have a good explanation for "demons."

I now feel even more shitty for doing this. Entered for the lulz and this happened...

It has to be a bug
You're probably the only person to enter who's actually interested in TESO, so... congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom