• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

Ok, let's do a science experiment. I want as many people as possible to enter for this. I'll enter too and if I win again it will clearly be a bug
Whoops, came back too late for this, sorry.

Also, 13 entrants?
Come on guys, it was for science.
You could have done better than that =p

fenners

I honestly wasn't expecting this would happen, so I wholeheartedly apologise for all the frustration. Hope some of you got a good laugh out of it. I'm blacklisting myself from all my future giveaways so you're safe from me. At least I can brag that I won something big from Modbot once, so there's that :p

Utterly utterly well handled & a really fun moment to read. Love it.

Caerith

You're right,
I thought Mara was the last Titan Lord.
You think MC will be the same...?

I've heard it'll be a new MC, but they never name their MCs so it's hard to be sure. I'd just hope he's as fun as the old MC, who was such an asshole.

Oh, about magic being back, it takes place "on Taranis, also known as the Island of Thunder" so you can probably guess what's going on there.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Ok, let's do a science experiment. I want as many people as possible to enter for this. I'll enter too and if I win again it will clearly be a bug

Okay, but only because you asked me to.

has anyone have any experience with a 360 controller that always says the batteries are low and frequently disconnects? process of elimination (using a second controller) tells me its not the batteries or the battery pack. i've tried cleaning the battey contacts on the controller. is it toast?

Do you happen to notice it occurring more often during a lot of use of the vibration or you move the controller around a bit in the frantic action? Mine did that and it was simply a loose wire that I had to put back in place and secure.

Edit: Actually, make sure the batteries are fully connecting in the battery pack. http://www.wikihow.com/Fix-an-Xbox-360-Wireless-Controller-That-Keeps-Shutting-Off

rtcn63

Sub Zero if you don't re-enter that giveaway, you will be just plain zero.

Fuck. Fuck. THATS HOW HE DID IT. Sub Zero is actually

5nfca5U.gif

Scythian

I'm still sad bundles are so crap these days (except Humble Bundles), and I'm still not convinced to pull the trigger on the weekly Humble; I'm not seeing big indies get into bundles anymore, does anyone hope they will? e.g. Gone Home, Transistor, Rust, etc. Basically those I haven't bought yet >.<

Egamer

Hahaha, what a turn of events. Now that I'm home I'm actually happy that I can participate now. Kind of lucky.

Anyone else around here with such hot temperatures in Europe? Gosh, my pc can't even run a game anymore. Time for a new cooling fan.

Madridy

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Madridy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Borderlands: Game of The Year Edition -- MB-20B9E7AA7752CA71 - Taken by dirtywhirlwind. 25 entrants total.

t1405742415z1.png

Enjoy

Turfster

same here ... it's unbearably hot ... even at 3am O_O

They're predicting storms and serious temperature drops starting tomorrow.
Not today tomorrow, but tomorrow tomorrow, so that's something. Then we go back to miserable rain.
I just hope it doesn't just become super muggy.

Dr Dogg

Hahaha, what a turn of events. Now that I'm home I'm actually happy that I can participate now. Kind of lucky.

Anyone else around here with such hot temperatures in Europe? Gosh, my pc can't even run a game anymore. Time for a new cooling fan.

My CPU temps are fine, in and around 30 degrees but my GPU temps are currently 50 and 46 degrees celsius and that just idling when they're normally 30 degrees flat. Good job most of us just collect games and not play them.

Not today tomorrow, but tomorrow tomorrow, so that's something. Then we go back to miserable rain.

Well it's roasting hot here, as well as pissing down with rain and it looks like lightning is going to clatter into the house at any moment. Then again us Brits have always moaned about the weather.

DasFool

They're predicting storms and serious temperature drops starting tomorrow. Not today tomorrow, but tomorrow tomorrow, so that's something. Then we go back to miserable rain.

Will trade with you here on the west coast. We haven't had rain in months and it's going to hit mid 90s come next week.

Strazyplus

Thats gold when you win your own contest, lucky Sub-Zero!

Gonna see how modbot works and maybe later throw some goodies out for a contest. :)

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
some leftovers from today's giveaway :) grab 'em

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (lashman, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Universe Sandbox -- MB-6787457DB08C3CFD - Taken by thequickandthedead
Universe Sandbox #2 -- MB-84CF3D4AD0AA97D6 - Taken by Zeliard

lashman

ohh ... the things I would do to have "miserable rain" here all the time ;) you have no idea :p

JakeD

Do you happen to notice it occurring more often during a lot of use of the vibration or you move the controller around a bit in the frantic action? Mine did that and it was simply a loose wire that I had to put back in place and secure.

Edit: Actually, make sure the batteries are fully connecting in the battery pack. http://www.wikihow.com/Fix-an-Xbox-360-Wireless-Controller-That-Keeps-Shutting-Off

it's definitely not a connection in the pack itself, because when it was happening i popped it into another controller and tested it for a while and it was fine. it could, however, be the connections on the controller where the pack connects. i'm gonna try cleaning those again, but i might have to crack the controller open and check the connections like you said because its pretty much unusable and i have nothing to lose.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I honestly wasn't expecting this would happen, so I wholeheartedly apologise for all the frustration. Hope some of you got a good laugh out of it. I'm blacklisting myself from all my future giveaways so you're safe from me. At least I can brag that I won something big from Modbot once, so there's that :p

Wow that's pretty awesome.

eek5

Nice. I've managed to sell a bunch of my extra cards at 7 cents then fulfill buy orders for cards I didn't have at 5. As long as you're patient it seems to work really well (took about a week and I'm only missing one now). Hopefully I can craft my sweet Fallen Enchantress badge soon!

Deitus

This thread just keeps on delivering. First Jawmuncher gets impatient and buys a game and then wins it anyway, and now Sub Zero wins his own game. Clearly Modbot has developed a sense of humor.

For the record, I don't have anything to do with the NeoGAF Games Night, stop PM'ing for invites to the group.

Just post your Steam ID and request in this thread or contact a Steam user already in the group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/NeoGAFGN#members

This is going to get ignored quickly.

Well, MRORANGE, why in the hell not?
Join up, chief, I'm sure you'd be a blast to play with. :3

--

Screw it, I'll turn the stream on regardless... y'all know where to find it.

City 17

I've heard it'll be a new MC, but they never name their MCs so it's hard to be sure. I'd just hope he's as fun as the old MC, who was such an asshole.

Oh, about magic being back, it takes place "on Taranis, also known as the Island of Thunder" so you can probably guess what's going on there.
Yeah I'd heard about the "thunders" part.

New character then, so no Patty etc. It fits as it seems to be a new era, still I'm sure the MC will be an asshole.

lashman

When I first saw Universe Sandbox it looked like it lacked and was overpriced what do people think of Universe Sandbox?

it looks pretty ok ... to play for a few minutes and have some dumb fun ;) plus - the user reviews aren't too terrible :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom