• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sub Zero winning his own give away............and i thought my cat bringing me a dead mouse at 1am was funny.

K5lUZzD.gif

ModBot, you are drunk, go home.

donny2112

When I first saw Universe Sandbox it looked like it lacked and was overpriced what do people think of Universe Sandbox?

If you are actually into astrodynamics, it's marvelous. It's a technical simulator, so it probably helps to have a decent familiarity with the technical side of it. Otherwise, yeah, it's a couple of minutes, "Oh, that's neat," and don't pick it up again. Turning the earth into a black hole of 10 solar masses and then watching the resulting chaos should be worth the price of entry, though.

Scythian

The "Voice of God" boss in Abyss Odyssey is tough, he just cornered me and combo'd me for half my health o_o
I'll probably avoid his area until I feel powerful enough. The horse is bad enough, I haven't found a way to block it.
I'm finding myself not using the block anyway, I can't seem to understand the enemies patterns like in Dark Souls, so it's kind of a pain to block so I just combo away hoping they'll die.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Quakecon Bundle 2014 -- MB-67D4E04BD9AFCDB5 - Taken by bobnowhere. 137 entrants total.
Sub Zero is a shifty fucker

t1405744695z1.png

Caerith

Hahaha, what a turn of events. Now that I'm home I'm actually happy that I can participate now. Kind of lucky.

Anyone else around here with such hot temperatures in Europe? Gosh, my pc can't even run a game anymore. Time for a new cooling fan.
I'm not in Europe, but I've been living in Southern California for the past few years and have had temperature-related issues from time to time. Try putting ice packs in front of your intake fans and on top of your case (with a towel under them to absorb condensation).

Yeah I'd heard about the "thunders" part.

New character then, so no Patty etc. It fits as it seems to be a new era, still I'm sure the MC will be an asshole.
The character in the trailer has two eyes, so yeah, probably new.
Although, I suspect that the old MC didn't really lose his eye when the ocular was removed.
Besides, old MC probably didn't want to be involved in the conflict any more than he had to be, so maybe he settled down now that he has a ship and Patty?

:(

He unfriended me on Steam, but I assumed it was just because I've been pretty absent and he needed the room. Xel is good people, I hope he's doing well.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I'll never forget xelly for giving me my profile background, which at the time was going for $15 on the market and actually selling for that.

Sad the blood went bad but I still owe them that much.

Caerith

:(

He unfriended me on Steam, but I assumed it was just because I've been pretty absent and he needed the room. Xel is good people, I hope he's doing well.

He unfriended pretty much everyone. I think he posted a while back that he's been really busy with life and stuff. Kind of a shame, even if he was going to be too busy to be active, I'd like to have his reviews show up on Steam pages.

How does one downsample Killer is Dead or enable better AA? The in-game resolution options only go up to 1920x1080 and GeDoSaTo apparently doesnt play nicely with it.

yGray

Banned
My CPU temps are fine, in and around 30 degrees but my GPU temps are currently 50 and 46 degrees celsius and that just idling when they're normally 30 degrees flat. Good job most of us just collect games and not play them.

Well it's roasting hot here, as well as pissing down with rain and it looks like lightning is going to clatter into the house at any moment. Then again us Brits have always moaned about the weather.

What's your room temperature? It's summer. Do you have air conditioning?

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
How does one downsample Killer is Dead or enable better AA? The in-game resolution options only go up to 1920x1080 and GeDoSaTo apparently doesnt play nicely with it.

SGSSAA with nvidia inspector works pretty well with it :) that's what I used

edit: beaten like a dead horse

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
That's the day I'd really have to change my avatar because it'd just feel awkward otherwise. ;)

awkward AND incredibly creepy too ;)

I may be disappearing soon but I won't delete anybody.

well - better than nothing, I guess :p ... will you at least call us from time to time? or maybe just write a letter once in a while? ;)

Ah okay, well I get that. The Steam GAF crew were a big part of my life for a while, but sometimes life outside the internets demands too much unimpeded attention.

I may be disappearing soon but I won't delete anybody.

Don't you dare, you're Steam GAF royalty. Xel may have been our king, but you are our prince and princess rolled into one confusing package.

iosefe

friend asks if Universe Simulator was good, worth 10, etc. i mention the humble bundle.

he just booted up CSD. is 10 minutes long enough before i question him?

Ah okay, well I get that. The Steam GAF crew were a big part of my life for a while, but sometimes life outside the internets demands too much unimpeded attention.

Don't you dare, you're Steam GAF royalty. Xel may have been our king, but you are our prince and princess rolled into one confusing package.
It's never too late to jump back in :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom