• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any help is appreciated.

Been having Steam crash on me for the better part of a month. I have 2 libraries (both with about 100+ game installed) and I believe one of them (which the Steam client was installed on) was failing and I decided to move it to my secondary hard drive.

I still haven't had any luck with the issue, as it constantly is crashing

Windows 8.1 also. Any thoughts? Also I am not in the beta updates...

Shadownet

Banned
Hugs went to dinner and I'll be eating soon too. I'll probably be back in around half an hour.

shoo... fine guess i'll wait.

1/135.
Hey hey hey hey, I know that feeling!

I guess I can always play some Payday 2 stealth with frost while I wait..

shame there's no crossplay

I saw you apply to DestinyGAF :) XBox?

Go without me for now, I'm waiting for dinner so I can eat lol.

Also L4D2 was alot of fun, even though I don't know much of what I was doing as the monsters in Vs. Mode. haha

I think I will join you guys next time for some L4D2. See you when you get back from dinner.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
m5fSgfi.png

shoo... fine guess i'll wait.

I guess I can always play some Payday 2 stealth with frost while I wait..

I saw you apply to DestinyGAF :) XBox?

I think I will join you guys next time for some L4D2. See you when you get back from dinner.

(1) Sorry, working at the moment -- I took an AO break earlier (and streamed it) but back to work for now.

(2) Xbox or Xbone? :\

(3) I thought about hopping in L4D2, but when I saw the size of the list, it looked like it would be versus, and I'm not really into that, so I didn't bother. :p

Strazyplus

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Quakecon Bundle 2014 -- MB-67D4E04BD9AFCDB5 - Taken by bobnowhere
Sub Zero is a shifty fucker

t1405744695z1.png

Shifty indeed
2014-07-18_2250.png

It might be a bit unusual for a Steam thread but I wanted to give back atleast a little something to the awesome people here so I threw a spare Destiny EU PS4 Beta Key into ModBot :) Also a thanks to Stumpokapow too! I PMed him/her beforehand to ask if this giveaway was okay.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a PSN key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Skyfireblaze, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

u0if8OB.png

Destiny EU PS4 Beta -- MB-B83C6A081CDA57D0

t1405748536z1.png

Strider

I talked to shadow a bit earlier on PSN but he was busy with admin duties. But if you guys are getting a group together for Destiny tonight my PSN is 'Tstrider' if you guys will have room in your group. I'd love to join.

Shadownet

Banned
(1) Sorry, working at the moment -- I took an AO break earlier (and streamed it) but back to work for now.

(2) Xbox or Xbone? :\

(3) I thought about hopping in L4D2, but when I saw the size of the list, it looked like it would be versus, and I'm not really into that, so I didn't bother. :p

I just got gifted Killing Floor. Maybe that could be SteamGAF next multiplayers session?

nope, ps3. got a code from the begging thread

Well if you ever get a PS4. add me :)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Hilarious thing about Sub-Zero's win... he was the 19th person who ModBot drew for the win. 17 disqualified by one or more rules, 2 throttled (both over 6 wins this week--and the throttle is a little harsher for super popular raffles so as to spread around the wins)

I just got gifted Killing Floor. Maybe that could be SteamGAF next multiplayers session?

Well if you ever get a PS4. add me :)

I'm willing to play L4D2 or L4D with the group if it was something like "making groups of 4 to go through campaigns" night or something.

With Killing Floor, it'd have to be the same way -- it's like 6 or so to a team, max... so it'd have to be like "we got 8, we'll make 2 games with 4" or something. :)

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Any help is appreciated.

Been having Steam crash on me for the better part of a month. I have 2 libraries (both with about 100+ game installed) and I believe one of them (which the Steam client was installed on) was failing and I decided to move it to my secondary hard drive.

I still haven't had any luck with the issue, as it constantly is crashing

Windows 8.1 also. Any thoughts? Also I am not in the beta updates...

Have you tried isolating each of the libraries, disable one and see if the crashes disappear? There might be a conflict.

Turfster

Hilarious thing about Sub-Zero's win... he was the 19th person who ModBot drew for the win. 17 disqualified by one or more rules, 2 throttled (both over 6 wins this week--and the throttle is a little harsher for super popular raffles so as to spread around the wins)

That makes it even better.
(Also, jesus >6 wins in a week?
*looks at his 1 win in 47 days*)

Strazyplus

That makes it even better.
(Also, jesus >6 wins in a week?
*looks at his 1 win in 47 days*)

That is a lot of wins... is nobody applying to modbot? how could he win so often, I want his luck!.

Grief.exe

You should drop some interesting stats on us for some of the more popular giveaways.

Shadownet

Banned
I talked to shadow a bit earlier on PSN but he was busy with admin duties. But if you guys are getting a group together for Destiny tonight my PSN is 'Tstrider' if you guys will have room in your group. I'd love to join.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH so that was you! I honestly didnt recognize where you were from. Sorry mate, ever since I became admin, I had like 50 friends request. I only accepted like half.

Now I wish Sony let you group your friends into categories.

Yeah we're going to do Crucible later after some Strike missions :) so if you wanna join, I'll send you an invite if you're still on.

I'm sorry I was so busy when you were there, I couldn't talk much. We ran into some trouble that had to be taken care of.

For the new page:

It might be a bit unusual for a Steam thread but I wanted to give back atleast a little something to the awesome people here so I threw a spare Destiny EU PS4 Beta Key into ModBot :) Also a thanks to Stumpokapow too! I PMed him/her beforehand to ask if this giveaway was okay.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a PSN key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Skyfireblaze, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

u0if8OB.png

Destiny EU PS4 Beta -- MB-B83C6A081CDA57D0

t1405748536z1.png

Thezez

Banned

Thats insane! I love Modbot stats.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

You could link that in the Destiny thread, you know? I've done that in the past for PS3 codes.

But because Modbot is generally used for Steam, it throws some people off. :/

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Hey,

This is a decent action game that fans of the genre may enjoy, if a bit risque.The key should be good, but unfortunately Steam does not offer a way to check. So I apologize if it is taken.

ModBot said:
Instructions for everyone:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Casimir, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Blades of Time -- MB-664D411966EAD8D0 - Taken by Skyfireblaze. 3 entrants total.

t1405740137z1.png

You could link that in the Destiny thread, you know? I've done that in the past for PS3 codes.

But because Modbot is generally used for Steam, it throws some people off. :/

Hmm well originally I intended this giveaway to be only for SteamGAF simply so I could give back something to everyone here though you have a point, I shouldn't be stingy I guess :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm not shocked that GMG has finally disallowed credit with coupons entirely, but I assumed the compromise of it working with -20% codes exclusively would last longer than it did.

Tektonic

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tektonic, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Universe Sandbox (Steam) -- MB-4105BCC4977CD163 - Taken by Strazyplus. 1 entrants total.
Speedball 2 HD (Steam) -- MB-5DD96744CFDA5BF9 - Taken by bluechox2. 3 entrants total.
Strategic War in Europe (Steam) -- MB-BE943BC4FCCC24B4 - Taken by Kaper. 2 entrants total.

t1405740496z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom