• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teppic

I have a question about library sharing. I did log in on another computer and choose "authorize this computer". Is there something else I need to do to share my library? My games didn't show up when they logged in with their account.

I have a question about library sharing. I did log in on another computer and choose "authorize this computer". Is there something else I need to do to share my library? My games didn't show up when they logged in with their account.

I think you have to put a checkmark next to their name when you authorize the computer?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Same issue here.

Guessing it'll work on Monday?

Kinda silly if so because again there is no preload. I doubt demand will be as high as Destiny though.

Uplay doesn't support pre-loading, funnily enough.

Germany is correct; the
Hi Jasec, is it correct that the wolf tno from the quake bundle grants access to the uncensored version, even in Germany (without vpn etc.)?
You all are in desperate need for some skins. Hitler Witch, Old Spice Charger and Jockey Diddy Kong make the game a blast.
How do you get those? Will they show only for those party members who dl the mods or for everyone?
That's why I did it as a non-free-for-all; to see what the breakdown would be.
Here's the free-for-all version:
You did for science? For science!
You're crazy. But thanks for the chance.

JaseC

Hi Jasec, is it correct that the wolf tno from the quake bundle grants access to the uncensored version, even in Germany (without vpn etc.)?.

Yes. The ROW/Russian QuakeCon subs don't have any regional restrictions. Oddly enough the German sub doesn't have the "German Edition" of the game -- it's absent entirely.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Hi Jasec, is it correct that the wolf tno from the quake bundle grants access to the uncensored version, even in Germany (without vpn etc.)?

Ii explicitly says DE version on the Quakecon page, so I don't thing so

jbn8oyX4uWwExi.PNG

Edit: Seems I'm wrong... interesting

Eanan

Hmmmm $2.49 for the new Vegas goty edition on amazon makes me think that we may see a bethseda humble bundle in the near future.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
this Wolfenstein
moon
level after the horrible
bridge
one was awesome... game has some weird pacing issues

also, that mystery game in the blink bundle isnt going to be the second fate game is it :(

Steam Workshop. They show only for those who dled them
Ok, makes sense. I see a lot of weapon mods, too. Wouldn't you get banned for using them though? Or are they all cosmetic only?
Thanks to soma I got the liking of l4d2. It's a pretty fast, frentic but real fun game. So glad I got it during sale.
Yes. The ROW/Russian QuakeCon subs don't have any regional restrictions. Oddly enough the German sub doesn't have the "German Edition" of the game -- it's absent entirely.
Wow, such an awesome "mistake". You think chances of similar uncensored subs for Germany will come up in the future, too. Once the game gets much cheaper? It's actually very high discounted atm but I can't justify for myself at that price still.
Would be really neat if you could buy your desired sub of a game directly through steamdb and not be restricted to what steam offers on your respective landing store page.

Enco

this Wolfenstein
moon
level after the horrible
bridge
one was awesome... game has some weird pacing issues
Yea. The
bridge level
was probably my least favorite. Close to the
underwater
section. The different locations are amazing though.

Anyone want to join me and Sub Zero in Payday 2?

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Ok, makes sense. I see a lot of weapon mods, too. Wouldn't you get banned for using them though? Or are they all cosmetic only?
Thanks to soma I got the liking of l4d2. It's a pretty fast, frentic but real fun game. So glad I got it during sale.

They're cosmetic. Even if they were not why would someone get banned for downloading something from Steam Workshop?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Jase, did you get your stained and isomer keys yet?

also the Sky NAtion key is available if you missed it

Rhaknar

oh another foil, hadnt gotten any in months and now I got 2

if only I could use the market >_>

Gurthang

Banned
Bioshock

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Gurthang, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Bioshock -- MB-DD7764427A72F993 - Taken by lucebuce12

They're cosmetic. Even if they were not why would someone get banned for downloading something from Steam Workshop?
Since they are different weapons, I thought specs like fire rate, mag size or accuracy are different and grant an unfair advantage.
This way they'd be fine to use on SP playthroughs but trigger anti-cheat servers when used in MP.
But from you're post I get the impression that there actually no mutator mods at all on the workshop? Would have been interesting to try mutators.
how much is the quakecon bundle in russia ?
I see my fellow German interested in uncensonsed tno, huh? Kann ich dir nicht verübeln. Have fun, and a heads up. Liezaryou gaf member is a very good ru trader. His steam name is liezryou>b>keys . Just add him and ask him. He helped me a lot.

Is Destiny actually good? Or is it one of those games that current gen owners will latch onto to justify their purchase?

Its sometimes difficult to separate the truth from post purchase rationalization.
Here's what I had to say about it in the beta thread.

Played through it on PS3 as a Titan, just some scattered thoughts and nitpicks:

Game is a lot better in the technical department than I thought it would be, the game performs more solidly than Halo Reach from what I can tell. The only blemish that really stands out are the incredibly blocky dynamic shadows in interior environments, it's odd that shadows actually look better outdoors and in generally larger scale areas, but I'm sure there's a reason for that that I'm glossing over.

Hairstyles are terrible, at least on the human female side. Apparently before my character died prior to the events of the beta they went to a hair salon, I imagine having distracting supermodel hair covering eyesight was a contributing factor to dying in the first place. It's ridiculous that you can have huge poofy pigtails but an option for a simple ponytail was out of the question.

Beta hasn't done well in dissuading my impressions from the previews of the game being Bungie's take on Borderlands. Better at handling the details for sure, but the basic concepts leave me feeling like the general combat is doomed to being shallow. There's no sandbox to speak of, you're just left to your loadout; enemies haven't really shown me that they're doing much of anything than shifting from side to side and shooting; cranking up the difficulty just felt like a numbers game of more damage towards me less damage towards the enemy. I just didn't really take much out of the encounters other than they were a means to see life bars whittle down, see numbers pop, and get gear to better your numbers.

They nail the presentation of combat though; explosions are satisfying, weapons feel weighty, it's got that Bungie flair that I love -- but I just get to an end of a mission with a large boss enemy and infinitely spawning trash coming in waves, and I'm doing nothing the entire time except taking potshots at him while he just shifts left and right and shoots back. There's just nothing really happening.

And the entirety of the Tower just feels like a waste of time, I feel like I'd just prefer a straight menu over the lengthy loading into an area just to walk around for vendors and seeing ugly player faces.

I can't say that I'm disappointed really, the writing was on the wall from everything leading up to this, but I just wanted to see it for myself. I haven't tried the competitive multiplayer just yet but I'm not sure it'll do much to jazz me either. This isn't a condemnation of the game really, I'm sure it'll be fun to party up with friends and do the whole number grind deal, but I'm just not seeing anything here to make it special like Bungie games usually are to me.

I wasn't really seeing what would be amazing about the game on previews, and after playing the beta, I still don't. Which isn't to say I think it'll be bad or anything, just kind of a letdown from the pedigree of Bungie seeing a lot of the dynamism that I've enjoyed in their combat design from the past decade seems to be thrown by the wayside. I still look forward to getting it sometime down the line, but even with the Borderlands vibe I got out of it, it does do the thing that Borderlands sorely lacked -- visual loot progression, actual armour that shows you visibly improving. It's always nice changing into some new gear and seeing how it'll look.

In the reveal gameplay Bungie showed it almost seemed like ironsights were completely optional. IE you weren't punished for movement while shooting.

Is this the case?
The game encourages ironsight use with a more stable aim, at least that was my case with the game's Battle Rifle equivalent. Hipfire was still completely competent, but it was just a bit more effective to use ADS at all times.

JaseC

The game encourages ironsight use with a more stable aim, at least that was my case with the game's Battle Rifle equivalent. Hipfire was still completely competent, but it was just a bit more effective to use ADS at all times.

Since there's to be no cross-platform MP, I wonder if the PC version will fare differently. Probably not.

_hekk05

Banned
I'm not sure if you've seen this, but "Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure" is up on Steam Greenlight.

It's a Nihon Falcom (Ys, Trails in the Sky etc) game.

Can't wait \o/

Link here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=286828342

It's been posted.

I'm actually quite excited for this. Played this on my psp, and my psp is currently half-dead. I would like to enjoy this on the PC.

Also if you join their group and vote yes on greenlight and comment, they'll supposedly give it to you for free.

Since there's to be no cross-platform MP, I wonder if the PC version will fare differently. Probably not.
I imagine with a mouse hipfire could end up being just as effective as sights, seemed like you could get a feel for the kickback and compensate à la CS, but on a controller that's just too cumbersome. I still have yet to really try the other weapons so the three shot burst might be making sights seem more preferable than is actually the case.

To my steam bros who haven't played destiny on their silly console machines: go get 'em!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Destiny alpha NA ps4 #2 -- MB-86D50B616C0EF138
Destiny alpha NA ps4 #3 -- MB-9FF234DD2661F1A8 - Taken by dave is ok. 1 entrants total.
Destiny alpha NA ps4 #1 -- MB-B48F3C51E5623A99
Destiny alpha NA ps3 -- MB-BD49933A02C21B51 - Taken by Strazyplus. 1 entrants total.

t1405771544z1.png

DarkMehm

If I theoretically win Wolfenstein sometime in the future here, can I activate it on German-Steam? And should it activate, do I get the German Cut version?

_hekk05

Banned
14,000 people in the group at the moment... either this is going to be an insane move or they'll have to go back on it o_o''

I dunno man. 14k seems like nothing. I hear it's actually a really popular psp title, so I wouldn't be surprised to see it doing a lot more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom