• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yrael

Transistor -- MB-BD2F392BA3BF1E2B - Taken by Yrael. 59 entrants total.

CR8KLCh.jpg

Oh my goodness - I just about fell off my chair! Thank you so much Fuzzification!

aku:jiki

Got the chance to get a preview key of Risen 3 and write about it. Don't know what to think about the game. Should I do it or let someone else do the preview? Quite busy with Divinity: Original Sin now so that's why I hesitate.
It sounds like you haven't played Risen 1 and 2 and, in that case, you should probably let a fellow staffer who actually has do it, as your preview will likely be inferior and less informative than theirs. Key greed doesn't lead to good journalism bro!

Caerith

Got the chance to get a preview key of Risen 3 and write about it. Don't know what to think about the game. Should I do it or let someone else do the preview? Quite busy with Divinity: Original Sin now so that's why I hesitate.

Playing it would help you know what to think about it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
No "Modbot senpai notice me!" or any other variation in the most used PM's subject disappoint me.

I use that, but not enough. Other lines with cursing as well. So, probably a good thing modbot doesn't show that.

The other cases appear to mostly be people claiming low-demand game to get them off their outstanding games list in my loot.

I didn't realize this was possible. I have one game 'stuck' in my loot list because it wasn't a real key and it's been bugging me that it will stay there forever. Not anymore though.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ah, ok. I did notice one called "Wolfenstein: The New Order With Doom Beta ROW", which is obviously not the one I have. Hopefully that doesn't mean I'll miss out.

Because the X1 doesn't support digital pre-orders, Bethesda instead determined beta eligibility by imposing a post-release purchase cut-off date, and Steam received the same treatment as a sort of "last chance" offer.

MayMay

Banned
Nooooo I thought a VPN activation would be enough - I didnt know Bethesda would turn on asshole mode and require a VPN on each launch of Wolfenstein
*cries* And then I win Wolfenstein.

Thanks Fuzzi, but I dun goofed so I'll deny the gift and you give it away again please.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Nooooo I thought a VPN activation would be enough - I didnt know Bethesda would turn on asshole mode and require a VPN on each launch of Wolfenstein
*cries* And then I win Wolfenstein.

Thanks Fuzzi, but I dun goofed so I'll deny the gift and you give it away again please.

be less German next time!

Benedict

Any rumors yet regarding preorder deals for Civilization Beyond Earth?
Price is £34.something at GMG and I plan to use my credits towards the game, but don't want to preorder yet until some deals show up...

JaseC

A quick question.

Friend of mine bought the russian version of MW3. Is it only playable in Russia or can it just be unlocked with a RU VPN?

Acti didn't begin locking down CoD until Black Ops 2, although if he bought an RU retail key he'll need to use a VPN to activate it.

MayMay

Banned
This is interesting, looking at SteamDB - the Quakecon Bundle version of Wolfenstein isnt region locked? Why'd they do that - oversight maybe?

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Any rumors yet regarding preorder deals for Civilization Beyond Earth?
Price is £34.something at GMG and I plan to use my credits towards the game, but don't want to preorder yet until some deals show up...

Wait until August-September. That's when 2K usually put up their titles for preorder

Khronico

It's my birthday today, so here's a little giveaway as a thanks for 2 years of SteamGAF
Edit: I can't count, it's been 1 and a half years actually.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Khronico:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 15 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Khronico, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

4XWke.gif

Lost Civilization -- MB-519AAC11DB5BD788 - Taken by arts&crafts. 3 entrants total.
Not The Robots -- MB-509AFA839336FB7E - Taken by Casimir. 6 entrants total.
LOVE -- MB-53BEFCF260DC93B6 - Taken by wetflame. 3 entrants total.
Strategic War in Europe -- MB-BBA5FD5477CE6C6E
Universe Sandbox -- MB-06DF73417774A111 - Taken by Lashley. 1 entrants total.
Swipecart -- MB-FAD4555C30A99169 - Taken by Locust. 2 entrants total.
A Virus Named Tom -- MB-362E9BE5CBAA3F63
Cook, Serve, Delicious -- MB-6C85041F32B169A4 - Taken by Sofa King. 11 entrants total.
The Darkness II -- MB-29A9AADCAF845890 - Taken by Dragon1893. 7 entrants total.
The Bureau -- MB-ED7413C97B70F4C0 - Taken by fspm. 5 entrants total.
Bioshock -- MB-57016FC377F15DA7 - Taken by Strazyplus. 2 entrants total.
Echo of The Wilds -- MB-C1049CB81C2F571D - Taken by Tesseract. 1 entrants total.
Dead Effect -- MB-856908ACC1AD1A90 - Taken by Saty. 2 entrants total.
Ring Runner Flight of the Sages -- MB-AA51B08C39F6B97C - Taken by Gianni Merryman. 2 entrants total.
AIM 2 Clan Wars -- MB-E6FE34FE085A9294 - Taken by Catshade. 1 entrants total.

t1405790124z1.png

Volimar

Modbot doesn't want me to win Wolfenstein or Divinity.

All I have to console me is this massive backlog of other games i've won in the past.

Life is so unfair.

Caerith

Modbot doesn't want me to win Wolfenstein or Divinity.

All I have to console me is this massive backlog of other games i've won in the past.

Life is so unfair.
Aye. You'd probably need to play a bunch of those games anyway so you could uninstall them to make space for Wolfenstein and Divinity.

No idea how to use modbot so will just post them. Will figure it out someday... Codes for Nosgoth...

PABODA-296-BOBAVA-220
PENUDE-369-COWOFA-205
CAJOME-739-GODAPA-025
PACODE-919-GATONE-035
VEXOME-269-BATATA-205

Just holla if you grab one so people,know they gone. Enjoy!

hey dude, are these all gone? just tried to activate and none of them worked, but I can only see 1 person who has taken one :-\

JaseC

where do you find the info on steamdb that the quakecon wolfenstein isnt region locked ?
please explain in great detail

You look up the sub and see if it has any of the following:

The various region-locking options are thus:

Language-based: Used with region-specific subs, publishers can elect to supply only specific non-English languages. -- e.g. Watch Dogs RU supports only Russian.
Special notes: None.

Runtime-based: Used with region-specific subs, onlyallowrunincountries or its sister prohibitrunincountries allow publishers to allow/deny access to specific users based on their IP address. This is by far the most annoying method and up until ACRTAG was also the most popular. -- e.g. Age of Mythology RU (allows only Eastern European IPs)/Wolfenstein: The New Order ROW (prohibits German IPs).
Special notes: Affects everybody who has the sub, both those with unused gift copies sourced from the restricted regions (game is region-locked at the activation level) and those with activated copies (game detects launch eligibility based on IP address).

Gifting/trading-based (1): Used with any sub, AllowCrossRegionTradingAndGifting being disabled results in gift copies sourced from South American, South-east Asian or Eastern European users being region-locked at the activation level. Unlike the above OARIC/PRIC, however, if you'd activated your copy before the flag were implemented, then it will remain region-free. -- e.g. Valiant Hearts RU.
Special notes: Does by itself not affect activated copies -- they remain region-free.

Gifting/trading-based (2): Used with any sub, publishers can elect to disable the gift purchase function entirely. Unfortunately, this isn't something SteamDB can detect; fortunately, though, it's something that is easily circumvented. -- e.g. DE:HR Director's Cut.
Special notes: None.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom