• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
fuck endless spawning enemies

fuck enemies spawning from locked rooms when you turn around

Chariot

LIES!
The streets of germany are full of love and salvia!

j1v3aFvzHHP6P.png

Tizoc

I assume there'll be another Wolfenstein giveaway soon - so you can try your luck again because I sadly had to decline the copy I won.

Lool, where is that from?

Evangelion manga, typical Nippon trashing other countries but praising their own.

Egamer

It sounds like you haven't played Risen 1 and 2 and, in that case, you should probably let a fellow staffer who actually has do it, as your preview will likely be inferior and less informative than theirs. Key greed doesn't lead to good journalism bro!

No indeed, was a bit interested in the game but so far no one of my colleagues want it. I'll wait for a few days. :)

Not necessarily on topic, but here is a spare NA PS4 Destiny beta key

ModBot said:
Instructions for ItsGeeMcGee:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ItsGeeMcGee, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Destiny PS4 NA -- MB-6CCE3BF300EE7EB2

t1405781064z1.png

Firebrand

Damn tf2 market is aggressive. Made an offer for my Wolf items and seconds later a guy adds me to buy them from me.
I know, I add something to tf2outpost and eveytime I immediately get a message saying he has a friend who wants trade but he can't add me so just please go login at stamecommunion.ru/id/TotallyLegitAllTheMaxHats . Such nice people!

Locust

hey dude, are these all gone? just tried to activate and none of them worked, but I can only see 1 person who has taken one :-\

You're trying to activate them at nosgoth.com and not Steam, right?

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header_292x136.jpg

Nosgoth (redeem for Steam key at nosgoth.com) -- MB-C76D83268FACF016 - Taken by Kaisersalsek. 3 entrants total.
Nosgoth (redeem for Steam key at nosgoth.com) #2 -- MB-728B412CB6E46AE7 - Taken by Majukun. 4 entrants total.

t1405781126z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I still dont unterstand

this is the bundle http://steamdb.info/sub/47976/ ?

what makes you sure that it activates a region free wolfenstein instead of the locked one ?

Because it has none of the region-lock flags I mentioned in my post. If they were present you'd see them in the Additional Info section. Also, you can tell by the depots list that the sub isn't "language-locked" to Russian.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
fuck endless spawning enemies

fuck enemies spawning from locked rooms when you turn around

You're talking about Wolf? I finished it on Uber and didn't notice any respawning enemies. You would get waves of enemies after triggering an alarm but no infinite spawns

I know, I add something to tf2outpost and eveytime I immediately get a message saying he has a friend who wants trade but he can't add me so just please go login at stamecommunion.ru/id/TotallyLegitAllTheMaxHats . Such nice people!

He wasn't a phisher. Spent 5 minutes doing a background check on his profile before adding him

sheaaaa

Just as an aside, I only learned that Bionic Commando Rearmed and remake were region locked earlier this week. Doesn't appear in the store in Southeast Asia. Luckily someone was selling Rearmed for 1 TF2 key so picked it up there.

JaseC

can they change that later ?

Bethesda could disable cross-region gifting/trading but this wouldn't affected copies that have already been activated. Theoretically, Bethesda could also disallow German IPs from running the included games, however this isn't something that's going to happen as it'd impact those that genuinely received the sub as a gift -- every such past instance of retroactive region-locking was ultimately reversed for this very reason.

abracadaver

Bethesda could disable cross-region gifting/trading but this wouldn't affected copies that have already been activated. Theoretically, Bethesda could also disallow German IPs from running the included games, however this isn't something that's going to happen as it'd impact those that genuinely received the sub as a gift -- every such past instance of retroactive region-locking was ultimately reversed for this very reason.

So should I buy it to get an uncensored wolfenstein ?

Volimar

Was there ever an explanation as to why the title was changed? Just seems kind of weird to all of a sudd.....Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!!!

FHTAGN!!!

Locust

So should I buy it to get an uncensored wolfenstein ?

There is precedence for region locking on apps, Dead Rising 2: OTR has ProhibitDownloadInCountries flag on the app itself rather than the sub.

The chances of Bethesda doing that are pretty slim though. I'd say just buy it.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
No idea how to use modbot so will just post them. Will figure it out someday... Codes for Nosgoth...

PABODA-296-BOBAVA-220
PENUDE-369-COWOFA-205
CAJOME-739-GODAPA-025
PACODE-919-GATONE-035
VEXOME-269-BATATA-205

Just holla if you grab one so people,know they gone. Enjoy!

Took CAJOME-739-GODAPA-025. Didn't know you had to redeem it on nosgoth.com but I was surprised that codes left out in the open were untouched after so much time. Thanks!

JaseC

There is precedence for region locking on apps, Dead Rising 2: OTR has ProhibitDownloadInCountries flag on the app itself rather than the sub.

PDIC is basically the app equivalent of region-locked keys -- you'd just need to use a VPN to initiate the download and then you're home free, to say nothing of the fact that OTR is literally the one and only game that uses the flag (all but assuredly because it's completely ineffective). It's not worth worrying about in the slightest, even if it were to appear for the first time in years.

Took CAJOME-739-GODAPA-025. Didn't know you had to redeem it on nosgoth.com but I was surprised that codes left out in the open were untouched after so much time. Thanks!

i can't redeem any of them, not even the one I just won! Trying to redeem on nosgoth.com, what am I doing wrong?!

MayMay

Banned
No idea how to use modbot so will just post them. Will figure it out someday... Codes for Nosgoth...

PABODA-296-BOBAVA-220
PENUDE-369-COWOFA-205
CAJOME-739-GODAPA-025
PACODE-919-GATONE-035
VEXOME-269-BATATA-205

Just holla if you grab one so people,know they gone. Enjoy!

Grabbed VEXOME-269-BATATA-205

Many thanks

Locust

PDIC is basically the app equivalent of region-locked keys -- you'd just need to use a VPN to initiate the download and then you're home free, to say nothing of the fact that OTR is literally the one and only game that uses it (all but assuredly because it's completely ineffective).

Yeah, I don't doubt that. Just made me think that maybe it's actually possible to flag the actual app with the usual ones.

If Bethesda really wanted to do something about this they should probably just use LowViolenceInRestrictedCountries. But judging from the multitude of separate Bethesda published low violence apps they surely don't they even know it exists.

JaseC

If Bethesda really wanted to do something about this they should probably just use LowViolenceInRestrictedCountries. But judging from the multitude of separate Bethesda published low violence apps they surely don't they even know it exists.

That'd be impractical as Bethesda would literally have to patch in the German version of the game, haha. There's very little sense in making international users download ~80GB of data just because Germans have found a way to play the uncensored version (due to Bethesda's own oversight, no less).

abracadaver

you persuaded me. dmax90 is gifting me the game. We will see how it works.

How can I choose to install it to another harddrive ? drive c: is full and I dont want to delete stuff

JaseC

you persuaded me. dmax90 is gifting me the game. We will see how it works.

How can I choose to install it to another harddrive ? drive c: is full and I dont want to delete stuff

Add a new library folder via Steam -> Settings -> Downloads and select it when installing.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I tried to give away a copy of some random Desura game but no one will take it and I can't possibly abide an unclaimed game being listed in my my loot PM which I neurotically check every 18 hours. Please drop what you're doing and manually remove the unclaimed gift from my list so I don't have to look at it. Beta

- Send a PM to ModBot with the subject scrap me
- Any game you have offered through ModBot that has not been claimed will be removed from your list and used in a future junk-clearing raffle. You will not get credit for these giveaways.

Jørdan

Titles used for 150+ PMs excluding registration, my loot, no processing done to try to match stuff by pluralization or capitalization:

193|any subject line

*snicker* u guiz

Can ModBot program himself to output a summary of posts like these with factoids as I could read 'em all day long. Pie charts optional.

Locust

That'd be impractical as Bethesda would literally have to patch in the German version of the game, haha. There's very little sense in making international users download ~80GB of data just because Germans have found a way to play the uncensored version of the game.

Would it really force everyone to download the depots that they don't need, though? I thought it worked like language changing, which at least up until some point actually downloaded the needed language files when you chose the language, not before.

JaseC

Jørdan;121726048 said:
*snicker* u guiz

Can ModBot program himself to output a summary of posts like these with factoids as I could read 'em all day long. Pie charts optional.

Cue a ModBot Core mod for Portal 2. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom