• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering I thought FF7 sounded fine before Squeen replaced the music, I thought FF8 would sound equally as good in comparison to the Playstation version.

Wow was I wrong, holy shit. Has anybody heard if this is getting patched sometime soon?

Myshkin

Another Divinity crash :(

When they changed the save files, I had a crash on loading a save. But then restarting D:OS and loading the same file worked.

Had a hang once when exiting the game. It wouldn't allow other apps to set the mouse cursor style. And other weirdness, like couldn't end the app via Task Manager. Entering hibernation and returning exhibited the same problem. Had to hard reset. No troubles noticed afterward - guess that message about D:OS cleaning up stuff on exit means it's not really doing anything important.

I tried to give away a copy of some random Desura game but no one will take it and I can't possibly abide an unclaimed game being listed in my my loot PM which I neurotically check every 18 hours. Please drop what you're doing and manually remove the unclaimed gift from my list so I don't have to look at it. Beta

- Send a PM to ModBot with the subject scrap me
- Any game you have offered through ModBot that has not been claimed will be removed from your list and used in a future junk-clearing raffle. You will not get credit for these giveaways.

This is great. Thanks Stumpy :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Considering I thought FF7 sounded fine before Squeen replaced the music, I thought FF8 would sound equally as good in comparison to the Playstation version.

Wow was I wrong, holy shit. Has anybody heard if this is getting patched sometime soon?

It took Squeenix 13 months to announce/release FF7's music patch, so if history is to repeat itself FF8's is six months away. ;)

Holy crap, Divinity: Original Sin is glorious.
stanley-hudson-nodding.gif

Mono

I honestly didn't hear the difference until I booted up FF8 on my PSP. Now I can't play the PC one. :X

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I am going to be away for most of August. When I am away, if you guys have any questions about ModBot, ask the questions in here and hopefully other users can help you. This includes the questions you would normally ask me in PM (like "I entered a giveaway and it's been a while but I haven't won and I'm sure I followed all the rules, what gives?"--P.S. the answer is that you either didn't follow one or more of the rules OR you've won a billion games this week and back off for a little bit hotshot). I've delegated access to ModBot's diagnostic log to a few users. If those users are around and can help you, I'm sure they will.

They do not have access to throttle timing information and can only search the logs for stuff directly related to a specific giveaway. They will also not "take requests" or post the log info for no reason. They also have no access to the raw database and can't pull statistics or anything like that. They also don't have access to the raw keys, so they can't help with issues with keys not working or anything like that--if you win a key that doesn't work, the only person who can help you is the person you won it from. And again, if what you're asking is something you can resolve on your own or don't need an answer to, please don't waste anyone's time. But just mentioning that there are some people here who can help with some of the stuff I normally help with in PM.

Also who those people are is not important and if someone does help you in thread please don't take that as a license to follow up with them in PM with further questions. They should not be pressured into helping people, it's a voluntary thing.

Yrael

I am going to be away for most of August. When I am away, if you guys have any questions about ModBot, ask the questions in here and hopefully other users can help you. This includes the questions you would normally ask me in PM (like "I entered a giveaway and it's been a while but I haven't won and I'm sure I followed all the rules, what gives?"--P.S. the answer is that you either didn't follow one or more of the rules OR you've won a billion games this week and back off for a little bit hotshot). I've delegated access to ModBot's diagnostic log to a few users. If those users are around and can help you, I'm sure they will.

They do not have access to throttle timing information and can only search the logs for stuff directly related to a specific giveaway. They will also not "take requests" or post the log info for no reason. They also have no access to the raw database and can't pull statistics or anything like that. And again, if what you're asking is something you can resolve on your own or don't need an answer to, please don't waste anyone's time. But just mentioning that there are some people here who can help with some of the stuff I normally help with in PM.

Also who those people are is not important and if someone does help you in thread please don't take that as a license to follow up with them in PM with further questions. They should not be pressured into helping people, it's a voluntary thing.

Rightio, cheers for the information. :)

It seems to work:
http://abload.de/img/wolfaajii.jpg
game activated and started downloading without any problems
Congrats and have fun! Most impressions seem to be pretty positive. Revel in the glory of uncensorship for your fellow German.
Having preordered the German edition because it was cheaper due to no Russian region locks I can say for certain that it's possible. All you need to do is download the files of the normal version (not from Steam) and put them in the German edition folder. Don't use the crack. Afterwards edit the file where download progress is stored to make Steam think you've completed the download.
Game will then function normally and even unlocks achievements.
That is a nice trick to circumvent censorship and keep steam functions in tact. Greatly appreciate you sharing this info, thanks!
I guess there is no legal way to get the files of the normal version though? What a suckage.
Best disable automatic updates when going this route as a patch may reintroduce at least some of the censorship or even cause the game to play up since the ROW version and "German Edition" are technically two different games. And I'm sure it goes without saying to avoid verifying the game's cache as the ROW data would fail Steam's integrity checks.
Oh snap, didn't think about updates. Guess with Locust's trick no updates are possible at all? Man german censorship is really a big pain. This only pushes people into grey/pirate area. Why wouldn't they allow it? They can't be that daft to believe people will become nazis by playing the damn game.
It's my birthday today, so here's a little giveaway as a thanks for 2 years of SteamGAF
Edit: I can't count, it's been 1 and a half years actually.
Congrats on not being able to count your birthday ;)
Gotta say Im happy with these backgrounds. Only missing Katrien because that BS is at $2.96
I like the second one for its artistic value... y-yeah, for that *~*
So during this lapse of Dota, I decided to start up Sudeki.
This is both equally the best OG Xbox game ever made and the worst looking and worst voice acted game ever.
Enjoying the hell out of it again.
Here are some choice examples of the VA.
http://a.pomf.se/nxqenc.webm
http://a.pomf.se/dkrtul.webm
Shoutouts to Skyfireblaze for his webm guide.
Skyfire's script is super useful indeed. Don't forget to make the "send to" function, too! It gets even more easy that way.
That artstyle is really tough on the eyes though. How did you capture. Is there an xbox emulator finally?

Also, stumpy won?! So rare seeing him on the giveaways. And speedrunner to boot, ha. Would like to race against him and beat him. Even though I am a rookie myself. Guess I'll add him on steam.
Edit: Ha, you go on vacation stump. Have a good and relaxing one.

Strazyplus

That's why I did it as a non-free-for-all; to see what the breakdown would be.
Here's the free-for-all version:

They do not have access to throttle timing information and can only search the logs for stuff directly related to a specific giveaway. They will also not "take requests" or post the log info for no reason. They also have no access to the raw database and can't pull statistics or anything like that. They also don't have access to the raw keys, so they can't help with issues with keys not working or anything like that--if you win a key that doesn't work, the only person who can help you is the person you won it from. And again, if what you're asking is something you can resolve on your own or don't need an answer to, please don't waste anyone's time. But just mentioning that there are some people here who can help with some of the stuff I normally help with in PM.

How precise is Modbot?

When I message Modbot does it matter that I simply give him the code?

Code:
ABCD-EFGH-IJKLM

or does it need the full thing?

Code:
GAME #1 -- ABCD-EFGH-IJKLM

Tizoc

How precise is Modbot?

Code:
ABCD-EFGH-IJKLM

Code:
send either
Name of game +mb code line
Or
Mb codeline
Send either to modbot

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
How precise is Modbot?

Code:
ABCD-EFGH-IJKLM

Code:

When you are making a new giveaway, you should include the game name. ModBot doesn't know what the key is if you don't tell him. So:
BioShock Infinite - STEA-MKEY-HERE
(not a real key)

When you are claiming someone's giveaway, you can include just the MB- portion or the whole line, but I tell people to do the whole line to help lower mistakes. ModBot is smart enough to find the MB- key in the line, but he's not smart enough if you only copy half the key to figure out the other half of what you intended to enter for.

JaseC

Oh snap, didn't think about updates. Guess with Locust's trick no updates are possible at all? Man german censorship is really a big pain. This only pushes people into grey/pirate area. Why wouldn't they allow it? They can't be that daft to believe people will become nazis by playing the damn game.

"Scene groups" typically release cracked updates, so that should be an option in your case, especially since it's unlikely to be patched more than a few times.

Oh god, hope ModBot doesn't kills us all while his master is away.

Enjoy your vacation

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Jazzpunk is... trippy. Loved the first level, feel like I missed some stuff (for example,
is there a mcguffin for the dude
?)

JaseC

now i'm confused. how did this get onto steam when this is the first game by this publisher/ developer while other games had to go through greenlight?

Valve still hand-selects stuff here and there. Greenlight was introduced to reduce the load on Valve itself and democratise the selection process.

Edit: Oh, it was on Greenlight, haha. Still, though the above holds true (just not in this specific case).

Speevy

Banned
Hey guys, weird steam thing.

I gave away a game last night. The person won and redeemed it. They now have it.

However, it's still in my inventory. What should I do? Just leave it alone?

Jawmuncher

Daily Lost Planet 3 66% off
Bethesda Daily Fallout franchise 66-75% off

Was hoping extreme condition would be on sale as well. Since I need to replay it.

For anyone else LP3 is good for what it is. But has been cheaper so id wait. 12.50 or less is the sweet spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom