• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jørdan

I am going to be away for most of August

Hopefully for something pleasant, have fun.

That's long time for ModBot to be unrestrained and a perfect opportunity for him to absorb us all into his sub-routines, so if you find the Steam thread empty on your return and a new Seersha Romulan avatar on ModBot you'll know shit went down.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hey guys, weird steam thing.

I gave away a game last night. The person won and redeemed it. They now have it.

However, it's still in my inventory. What should I do? Just leave it alone?

"Stuck" gifts don't disappear (I have a copy of JA2 Gold in my inventory that's a year old at this point). You'll have to ask Valve to remove it.

Shadownet

Banned
No, the person did redeem it, there's also a copy in Speevy's inventory for some reason.

Best glitch ever? :D

----
Also every time I see your avatar it just make me stop for a minute, stare and then spend the next 5 minutes trying to remember what I'm supposed to do next :p

Caerith

Hey guys, weird steam thing.

I gave away a game last night. The person won and redeemed it. They now have it.

However, it's still in my inventory. What should I do? Just leave it alone?

Try to figure out the why of it. Is it a game that owning it gives you a second copy and you only gave one away? Did they happen to get the game from someone else at the same time and activate that one, leaving yours unclaimed but making it look like they took it? Did you have a strangely lucid dream about buying more copies of the game, only to wake up and find it in your inventory?

JaseC

Try to figure out the why of it. Is it a game that owning it gives you a second copy and you only gave one away? Did they happen to get the game from someone else at the same time and activate that one, leaving yours unclaimed but making it look like they took it? Did you have a strangely lucid dream about buying more copies of the game, only to wake up and find it in your inventory?

It's just a "Sometimes, things break" situation. I bought JA2 Gold during last year's Summer Sale and despite activating the gift (and receiving the games) it didn't leave my inventory. The "ghost" copy that remains in my inventory isn't redeemable, so for all intents and purposes it's broken. One of these days I'll get around to submitting a ticket about it.

You may be confusin' me with JaseC brah

Not to toot my own horn but I am rather fond of this avatar. I may very well keep it until something that's actually entirely new comes along. (Thanks again, Yakkue!)

Speevy

Banned
"Stuck" gifts don't disappear (I have a copy of JA2 Gold in my inventory that's a year old at this point). You'll have to ask Valve to remove it.

Oh okay. Yeah 2n2 definitely redeemed it because it's in his library and he made reference to the size of it. I just didn't want to try to send it on or add it to my library, only to have it disappear from his.

I'll just leave it alone for now until I'm positive he can play the game.

Caerith

It's just a "Sometimes, things break" situation. I bought JA2 Gold during last year's Summer Sale and despite activating the gift (and receiving the games) it didn't leave my inventory. The "ghost" copy that remains in my inventory isn't redeemable, so for all intents and purposes it's broken. One of these days I'll get around to submitting a ticket about it.

Hm. Maybe you can trade it for Speevy's Wolfenstein.

Woke up to win Wolfenstein! Now, if only I didn't have this sore throat, things would be great today!

who am I kidding, it's still a pretty good start to the day!

vg260

Oh okay. Yeah 2n2 definitely redeemed it because it's in his library and he made reference to the size of it. I just didn't want to try to send it on or add it to my library, only to have it disappear from his.

I'll just leave it alone for now until I'm positive he can play the game.

It's in my library and downloading. It'll be a while before I can play it though.

Zafir

Sigh. The day I finally win Shovel Knight lightning decides to hit the house or something and I can't boot my pc. Can't get into bios or Windows, just gives black screens. Surge protector I had apparently did nothing.

JaseC

What was the site that listed all the emoticons from trading cards?

Which reminds me, I need to comb through the Summer Sale item list and make note of those that count as DLC. During the Winter Sale I bought all but the Extraordinary items so I'll probably do the same here, prices permitting.

abracadaver

Good news for german-GAF:

getting the russian quakecon bundle gives you the uncensored wolfenstein. Ive just played the first level. Swastikas and Nazis everywhere. No VPN or anything like that needed

Ban Puncher

Leftovers...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Man Puncher, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Shadowrun Returns -- MB-2B8183F08686B3EF - Taken by Nete

"Scene groups" typically release cracked updates, so that should be an option in your case, especially since it's unlikely to be patched more than a few times.
That's a damn fine service.
But the risk of account banning is deterring.
What is you opinion on chances of future uncensored subs being available again?
getting the russian quakecon bundle gives you the uncensored wolfenstein. Ive just played the first level. Swastikas and Nazis everywhere. No VPN or anything like that needed
Sweet! Nazis & Swastikas everywhere is exactly what I wan.... wait, you know how I mean it guys.

Sharkiller

lol
r8F7S7W.png

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder how many of these PMs are for actual giveaways and not ranting and ravings from disgruntled posters that ModBot shut their thread down, casual chit chat or asking ModBot out on a date.

That's what the my loot PMs are for :p

It's my birthday today

Happy birthday!

LIES!
The streets of germany are full of love and salvia!

j1v3aFvzHHP6P.png

Things like bitting, sucking, and undressing

I'm not sure what to respond with.

Personally I'm waiting for My Twin Brother Made Me Crossdress as Him and Now I Have to Deal with a Geeky Stalker and a Domme Beauty Who Want Me in a Bind!!

It's just like one of my Japanese animes.

Bethesda Daily Fallout franchise 66-75% off

Tempting.

is fallout 2 still good for today's standards?

Fallout 2 is great, buy it if you've never played it.

MadGear

Thats great, because i really do not want to get that DE Version at all. However i don't really feel like dropping ~40€ on that bundle right know even though i know that it probably is the only way and maybe even the only chance to ever get the uncut version of that game ... :/

I just hope Bethesda won't pull that shitty region restriction with Doom again should a separate german version be required again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom