• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Fallout Classic Collection -- MB-E3F517A9C4E49035 - Taken by Madrugador. 17 entrants total.
Fallout 3: GOTY Edition -- MB-DF69DC6733BE4B86 - Taken by City 17. 28 entrants total.
Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition -- MB-14C7399D0B8E3D96 - Taken by ßthePenguin. 29 entrants total.

t1405808295z1.png

Sammichu

Some spare keys I had lying around

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sammichu:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

ulgzbKC.png
(Desura) Railyard match 3 Evolved -- MB-2BDDA09EB160121A - Taken by cardinalmind
Time Gentlemen, Please/ Ben There, Dan That -- MB-A62C979D61F2AD37 - Taken by salazar547
Tobe's vertical adventure -- MB-22690BC6F2E10CE8 - Taken by bluechox2
Antichamber -- MB-40AC62574681ED00 - Taken by City 17
Volt -- MB-8E10B186138EE35D - Taken by Speevy
Trauma -- MB-FE337F52E661FD2C - Taken by deadflower81
ulgzbKC.png
(Desura) Dreaming sarah -- MB-F3AB7938995D68A1 - Taken by crazyrabbits
ulgzbKC.png
(Desura) Battlepaths -- MB-CCBF5EA6D57D1792 - Taken by Kuroyume
Ballpoint Universe -- MB-96EBB878B9DDF06D - Taken by Hugstable

Shadownet

Banned
You don't like aliens, dinosaurs, and now Rogue Legacy, too?

"I used to think you were a hero, Alpaca Green. Now... I don't know what to believe anymore."

Well if it make you feel any better. I think all the hype on GAF got me a bit excited for Alien Isolation, and my favorite Power Rangers team was dinosaurs based? :)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Finished Jazzpunk. Except for a very buggy last level where I had to restart tiwce, I liked it. It sucks that I had already seen 2 of the levels beforehand (in the giantbomb quicklook), the game is very short and it helps to go in fresh to experience the gags for the frist time

on the "non-game games" category, I would probably put it...third, bellow Stanley Parable and Gone Home, and above (way above) Dear Esther / 4PM.

this is definitely not a copy of Gun Monkeys

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (jim-jam bongs, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

I7Ufybq.png

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-EA23370D2543899E - Taken by sotodefonk

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If the winner happens to own Gun Monkeys then he/she should also submit it as a mystery game. This can keep going on until someone "loses", like a ModBot version of Hot Potato.

JaseC your avatar is extra cute today

<3

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oooh if that thread about the release date of the 800 series is real, I guess im building my new rig this holiday season omnomnom

I'm thinking about getting Yaiba... It can't be as bad as everyone makes it out to be. I just think people are going into this thinking that it's Ninja Gaiden.

also known as Hitman Absolution / Tomb Raider syndrome

Momentary

Banned
I'm thinking about getting Yaiba... It can't be as bad as everyone makes it out to be. I just think people are going into this thinking that it's Ninja Gaiden.

Deitus

Just sitting here. Making a game. With Rules of Nature on repeat.

I would be very curious to see how listening to Rules of Nature on endless loop might influence design decisions during game development. That would make for a great case study.

Edit: Just noticed the post count. So we're going to be done with this thread by the end of the day then aren't we?

JaseC

oooh if that thread about the release date of the 800 series is real, I guess im building my new rig this holiday season omnomnom

Contrary to the thread title, the Sweclockers article actually says November/December. I'm hoping it's the former because, y'know, AssCreed.

I thought the same thing about Lair once upon a time. I learned my lesson: a game's awful reputation exists for a reason.

Rhaknar

Contrary to the thread title, the Sweclockers article actually says November/December. I'm hoping it's the former because, y'know, AssCreed.

I assume the i7s something something are still the hotness and will be when these GPUs come out?

Jawmuncher

If hold off. The game has a 29.99 MSRP now.
So its bound to be 50% off this winter if were lucky.

I've been wanting to buy it as well.

Momentary

Banned

I thought the same thing about Lair once upon a time. I learned my lesson: a game's awful reputation exists for a reason.

But I think the reason for this game's low scores are because of the Itagaki Ninja Gaiden fans.

jblank83

I assume the i7s something something are still the hotness and will be when these GPUs come out?

As far as CPUs, i5s are still top end. An i7 isn't much of an upgrade as far as gaming goes. That's why one of the previous topic titles went something like "your i5 is still fine".

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
how hard is nightmare mode

There are enemies that would juggle the shit out of you just for kicks.
Also the miniboses with the Nightmare versions of your characters are now 2 instead of 1. Also the final boss has 1 Nightmare version of one of the characters as support.

JaseC

Haswell-E (next enthusiast line) is due in September and Broadwell (next consumer/non-enthusiast line) by the end of the year, so Q4 looks to be the perfect time to upgrade assuming the 8xx rumours are true and Intel's schedule holds.

Rhaknar

As far as CPUs, i5s are still top end. An i7 isn't much of an upgrade as far as gaming goes. That's why one of the previous topic titles went something like "your i5 is still fine".

how are i5s the top end if you just said i7s are an upgrade (but not much)?

Haswell-E (next enthusiast line) is due in September and Broadwell (next consumer/non-enthusiast line) by the end of the year, so Q4 looks to be the perfect time to upgrade.

nice, if im building a new rig its something to last me another 6 years like my current did

zkylon

zkylewd
There are enemies that would juggle the shit out of you just for kicks.
Also the miniboses with the Nightmare versions of your characters are now 2 instead of 1. Also the final boss has 1 Nightmare version of one of the characters as support.

yea that sounds nightmarish

fun enough for grinding and trying to get at least 40

i want to play as violin dude

legacyzero

Banned
I would be very curious to see how listening to Rules of Nature on endless loop might influence design decisions during game development. That would make for a great case study.

Edit: Just noticed the post count. So we're going to be done with this thread by the end of the day then aren't we?

I need dat grit.

icSpJfTXe8WpA.bmp

Kiru

"Your (i5) 2500K is still fine" you mean ;)
It's just that the current gaming i5 is the 4690K, but people always asked if 2500K may be outdated, but no, it's still pretty ok.

jblank83

how are i5s the top end if you just said i7s are an upgrade (but not much)?

Your definition of top end is very narrow if it can't accept more than one item. There isn't just one champion of the gaming world and everything else is not top end.

Top end means top end, high end, high performance. An i5 coupled to a high end GPU is going to run everything maxed at 1080p+ resolution and 60+ fps. The GPU is far more important in terms of performance.

Khronico

So I played 20 mins of Rogue Shooter an hour ago. Seems like a neat little game. Its essentially a loot driven Doom-like with permadeath. Although death IS permanent, there's a point system that carries over from playthrough to playthrough which unlocks new classes. There is also a perk system (very similar to fallout) where you select 2 perks at the start and gain more as you level up. Here's a breakdown of my impressions:

Pros:
  1. Plays Like Doom
  2. There is a dedicated kick button
  3. Can put FOV up to 180
  4. Borderlands style gun loot
  5. Katanas
  6. Very fast
  7. NO ADS
  8. Graphics look like someone made them in MSPaint

Cons:
  1. Graphics look like someone made them in MSPaint

Overall I'm liking it and will play more in the future.

jblank83

www.dslreports.com/forum/r28517633-I5-2500K-vs-I7-4770K-Gaming-Benchmarks

An example of how little an i5-2500k versus an i7-4770k means in terms of gaming right now. There are a couple of games where it matters, like Grid 2, but by and large it's practically meaningless.

It's such a negligible difference that if you were thinking about upgrading right now and you had an i5-2500k, the answer would probably be "nah, don't bother; just wait for the next major CPU product line".

Grief.exe

So I played 20 mins of Rogue Shooter an hour ago. Seems like a neat little game. Its essentially a loot driven Doom-like with permadeath. Although death IS permanent, there's a point system that carries over from playthrough to playthrough which unlocks new classes. There is also a perk system (very similar to fallout) where you select 2 perks at the start and gain more as you level up. Here's a breakdown of my impressions:

Pros:
  1. Plays Like Doom
  2. There is a dedicated kick button
  3. Can put FOV up to 180
  4. Borderlands style gun loot
  5. Katanas
  6. Very fast
  7. NO ADS
  8. Graphics look like someone made them in MSPaint

Cons:
  1. Graphics look like someone made them in MSPaint

Overall I'm liking it and will play more in the future.

That gameplay sounds amazing.

JaseC

yea gives no fucks saoirse is pretty gud

This is "gives no fucks" Saoirse. The photoset would undoubtedly be my favourite thus far if it weren't for the fact that all of the awesome photos are watermarked -- the dress really makes her eyes pop.

I prepared a giveaway but forgot some rules. Would a problem occur with Modbot i try again with the exact same game?

No. The new giveaway would override the old one.

That gameplay sounds amazing.

It took me a moment to realise that "NO ADS" meant "No ADS" and not "No advertisements", haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom