• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Well, with a little help from lashman (lowercase l), we now have a new GIF for dealing with Sub Zero:

plain.gif.gif

yes - that indeed is a lowercase L :p lol

zkylon

zkylewd
This is "gives no fucks" Saoirse. The photoset would undoubtedly be my favourite thus far if it weren't for the fact that all of the awesome photos are watermarked -- the dress really makes her eyes pop.

maybe she tattooed FAMOUS FAMOUS FAMOUS all over her face

So I played 20 mins of Rogue Shooter an hour ago. Seems like a neat little game. Its essentially a loot driven Doom-like with permadeath. Although death IS permanent, there's a point system that carries over from playthrough to playthrough which unlocks new classes. There is also a perk system (very similar to fallout) where you select 2 perks at the start and gain more as you level up. Here's a breakdown of my impressions:

Pros:
  1. Plays Like Doom
  2. There is a dedicated kick button
  3. Can put FOV up to 180
  4. Borderlands style gun loot
  5. Katanas
  6. Very fast
  7. NO ADS
  8. Graphics look like someone made them in MSPaint

Cons:
  1. Graphics look like someone made them in MSPaint

Overall I'm liking it and will play more in the future.

Never heard of this game but upon reading your mini-review I got interested, in fact I watched some videos and I like the style.

Caerith

how are i5s the top end if you just said i7s are an upgrade (but not much)?

i5s are the best "bang for your buck" even if the i7 is technically better. Paying extra for an i7 over an i5 is paying for features like hyperthreading that games don't take advantage of.

But, yeah, your i7 is fine.

Grief.exe

Does Morrowind hold up?

It depends. You have to look past some design choices at the time such as attacking being tied to stats and stamina. You also need to make sure you have a good build or you will have a tough time trekking through the game.

Looks excellent when modded and is one of my favorite games of all time. I play through Morrowind every few years with a brand new build, trying out a different section of the gameplay.

ie0baEbV1PvuL.jpg

maneil99

PC Hardware discussion has a thread specifically for it, if you want to ask questions go there, that's where the experts are .

Hugstable

Banned
It depends. You have to look past some design choices at the time such as attacking being tied to stats and stamina. You also need to make sure you have a good build or you will have a tough time trekking through the game.

Looks excellent when modded and is one of my favorite games of all time. I play through Morrowind every few years with a brand new build, trying out a different section of the gameplay.

ie0baEbV1PvuL.jpg

OH MY GOD! That looks stunning for Morrowind! HOW? I haven't played Morrowind since it first came out (Well I played it again but not like I did when it came out, over 300 hours in that game). That beauty would get me to play it again someday for sure.

EDIT: Sweet you just posted a modding guide right when I made this post <3.

Some random stuff...
ModBot said:
Instructions for smashdude50:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (smashdude50, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gun Monkeys -- MB-ED5B8F9810F84A1D
ulgzbKC.png
Master Reboot (Desura) -- MB-BD6736360CDC2EB9 - Taken by Catshade. 2 entrants total.
Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-2FBAC615F57617A8 - Taken by danhese007. 1 entrants total.

t1405801577z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
i5s are the best "bang for your buck" even if the i7 is technically better. Paying extra for an i7 over an i5 is paying for features like hyperthreading that games don't take advantage of.

But, yeah, your i7 is fine.

I dont have a i7, I was asking whats the best to get later this year when / if the 880 comes out

Anustart

Speaking of elder scrolls. Found some cave and tower with a locked up hag and she wanted me to kill Petra. I killed Petra first then unlocked chicks cage and she wouldn't follow the whole way. Hope I didnt miss anything.

Hey guys. I got a limited amount of WiFi where I'm currently at. Vacation sucks. 3rd day here and I haven't done squat. This is a total waste of my summer, wish I was home :( want to play more abyss oddessy. How's everyone doing?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
and you said there's no reason to buy new vegas on pc

I said I didn't have money to buy it :p

I'm already over budget as it is with all of these bundles, I was able to afford 1 & 2 with Playfire money and card money, 3 used up the last of my GMG credit.

Well, with a little help from lashman (lowercase l), we now have a new GIF for dealing with Sub Zero:

plain.gif.gif

The Running Man is pretty good.

But you know what killed the dinosaurs

The Ice Age

When is our next waifu game releasing?
tumblr_n8s99cySCj1s0qqgvo1_r1_500.gif

Fixed :p

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (thequickandthedead, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sakura Spirit -- MB-3027D126077B779F

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Sakura Spirit was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1405811056z1.png

tylerf

Worked 2300 to 0700 and now back at 1500. This cruel harsh cold unforgiving world always gets in the way of more important things, like playing Divinity.

aku:jiki

So I played 20 mins of Rogue Shooter an hour ago. Seems like a neat little game. Its essentially a loot driven Doom-like with permadeath. Although death IS permanent, there's a point system that carries over from playthrough to playthrough which unlocks new classes. There is also a perk system (very similar to fallout) where you select 2 perks at the start and gain more as you level up. Here's a breakdown of my impressions:

Pros:
  1. Plays Like Doom
  2. There is a dedicated kick button
  3. Can put FOV up to 180
  4. Borderlands style gun loot
  5. Katanas
  6. Very fast
  7. NO ADS
  8. Graphics look like someone made them in MSPaint

Cons:
  1. Graphics look like someone made them in MSPaint

Overall I'm liking it and will play more in the future.
I was also surprised by how well it played, but I don't know if I can deal with how terribly ugly it truly is. I mean, yeah, it looks like a low-tier Doom-clone from 1994 and that's cute, but really, who's nostalgic for low-tier stuff? It looks more like Ken's Labyrinth than Doom or Wolf and there's a reason no one even remembers Ken's anymore...

Still have it installed and plan to really give it a shot, though, as I've only made two runs so far.

Lost Planet 3 worth it at this price?

No.

I've played Lost Planet 3 for 8 hours and in that span of time it flirted with getting interesting, having an atmosphere, some tension, some excitement all of once but that was deemed to be far too much excitement so it returned to its regularly scheduled programming of being a space trucker simulation which involves tedious, repetitive fetch quests and watching dull long distance relationship correspondence.

Lost Planet 3 is an awkward half-step between an extremely limited, semi-openworld game and a poor mans Gears of War. The exterior of E.D.N.3, which you traverse in your non-combat mech, is this claustrophobic hub of an overworld that's basically a series of cramped corridors with a few arenas (with respawning enemy mobs) connects you to equally limited levels. Which you can backtrack through for lame, optional side objectives. The level design and enemy encounters, with one exception, are forgettable. I would like to talk about the one part I liked but its tied to the plot and I wouldn't want to spoil it.

I'd say Lost Planet 3 is worth maybe 5$ but even then you should walk into the experience not expecting much.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
seems Squeenix doesnt want me to play Thief (most of you would say thats a blessing in disguise), first I got a black screen after launching it for about 1 minute, I was ready to force close it when it finally started, and now Im stuck here:

well ok then >_>

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
seems Squeenix doesnt want me to play Thief (most of you would say thats a blessing in disguise), first I got a black screen after launching it for about 1 minute, I was ready to force close it when it finally started, and now Im stuck here:

well ok then >_>

The only reasonable explanation is that your intention to play was successfully validated and so the game is refusing to cooperate further. It's saving you from itself!

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Has most of SteamGAF played and enjoyed Tiny & Big? I thought it was rather enjoyable.

Yeah it was a pretty great experience. The only fault is that they locked new ambient music tracks behind collectibles, so you could easily be forced to endure the same limited track for stretches.

Anustart

Steams saying 3 hours for metal gear download, not bad. I wonder how long it would have taken on dialup.

Edit: Handy dandy speed calculator says 44 days on dialup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom