• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Yup, Transformers: War for Cybertron is a very enjoyable shooter. Played it a bit more after watching the new movie last night, and it's really fun and intense, even for those like me who aren't fans of the franchise.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really tempted to enter for the +1 and the comments I'll get about it. >_>

image.php

This is the part where we get stuck in a circular argument about not needing to play it if I look at the community screenshots, yet why am I entering for it anyway if that's the case, etc.

I will, if I win. And I'll laugh at it

We need to give our spirit energy to Marco so he can complete the spirit bomb win the waifus.

see that's where you went wrong

you're getting your mean nickname back

It's fine, everything's fine, it'll go on sale again in the winter sale when I have money again anyway :p

No mean nicknames for me :D

I wish there was some kind of Horde/Survival Mode in Wolfenstein: TNO, it'd give me more of a reason to keep it installed.

Knowing the originality of devs and fps games' horde modes, it would either be really uninspired and/or zombies. Bonus points because TNO features nazis.

fantomena

Anybody knows of a super-dupen-mega-fun game on Steam? My gaming interest is almost dead and has been dead for over 1 week. The best thing would be a "small" game which isn't too big to download.

No "shooters" would be appreciated.

Tripolygon

Banned
Please take it away
ModBot said:
Instructions for danhese007:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (danhese007, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Gun Monkeys -- MB-61C95657571C976D - Taken by electroflame

Grief.exe

Anybody knows of a super-dupen-mega-fun game on Steam? My gaming interest is almost dead and has been dead for over 1 week. The best thing would be a "small" game which isn't too big to download.

CSD?

Shovel Knight and Steamworld Dig are relatively short.

Gone Home is very short and would be a great change of pace game.

Otherwise, take a break.

Fallout 1 & 2 are classics, in my opinion. With the right re-balancing mods, mainly FIXT, the GOG versions held up really well, and I assume the same is true for the Steam versions. Plus the new versions of 1 & 2 . Tactics is much more of a blur to me, I really don't remember much of it. The Awaken mod for Tactics was pretty good though. I've heard that the Steam version of Tactics has problems running on modern systems, but that might have been fixed by now.

Thanks. I'll have to keep the mods in mind when I play them.

Enco

Battleblock Theater.

Check TF2Outpost. Might find it cheap.

Have you looked at Speedrunners? It's like online competitive platformer-racing with powerups like mario kart.

fantomena

CSD?

Shovel Knight and Steamworld Dig are relatively short.

Gone Home is very short and would be a great change of pace game.

Otherwise, take a break.

Steamworld Dig was fun, but it got boring really quick. Shovel Knight is something i plan to play whem Im gonna go on vacation next week.

Gone Home is already finished.

Battleblock Theater.

Check TF2Outpost. Might find it cheap.

Already own. Was a bit boring, but still fun with breakes.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

Any of the Bit.Trip games. Well, maybe not Fate, as it's an on-rails shooter (quite literally, you are on a rail).

Don't tell me you reached $492 in codes. Actually, tell me you did. I want to see you playing those games :p

Lomax

Stealth Bastard Deluxe is pretty great. Super Panda Adventures is oddly entertaining for a random bundle game. I always default back to Pinball FX2 when nothing else seems compelling.

jblank83

Binding of Isaac, Spelunky, Cook Serve Delicious, Rogue Legacy are all highly replayable, small games. There are plenty of others, depending on your tastes. I was surprised at how nice a puzzle-platformer Escape Goat is, for instance.

Obvious giveaway:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gun Monkeys -- MB-0EE05D7FC0BACC3C - Taken by Majukun. 1 entrants total.

t1405804936z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
got Thief to run and...it runs like shit. I dont remember the last time I had to adjust settings for a game besides turning "max" on everything, but there you go.

A quick google suggested turning off ssao which I did, it helped a bit but it still runs like shit. in the first mission, when youre chasing the girl (it was actually running decently until then) the game just wen into single digit frames, until it froze, I thought it crashed, but nope, eventually it slowly but surely continued the in game cut scene of them talking...

any suggestions, besides "dont play it its bad"? like actual suggestions :p did anyone have issues with performance for the few that bothered playing?

got Thief to run and...it runs like shit. I dont remember the last time I had to adjust settings for a game besides turning clicking "max" on everything, but there you go.

A quick google suggested turning off ssao which I did, it helped a bit but it still runs like shit. in the first mission, when youre chasing the girl (it was actually running decently until then) the game just wen into single digit frames, until it froze, I thought it crashed, but nope, eventually it slowly but surely continued the in game cut scene of them talking...

any suggestions, besides "dont play it its bad"? like actual suggestions :p did anyone have issues with performance for the few that bothered playing?

I'm waiting til I buy a new machine with 4 titans. So no, no actual suggestion.

Nabs

got Thief to run and...it runs like shit. I dont remember the last time I had to adjust settings for a game besides turning "max" on everything, but there you go.

Make sure you don't have SSAA enabled.

Jawmuncher

This was me with wolfenstein.
Game just ran odd until I messed with a lot of settings.

zkylon

zkylewd
Pincoya is my waifu
i like katrien better tho the hair in her model is goofy as fuck

but i like that she leaves something for the imagination

It's fine, everything's fine, it'll go on sale again in the winter sale when I have money again anyway :p

No mean nicknames for me :D
no, it's too late for you

100% that game. Gotta give my waifu Ghost Monk a break.
i gotta play more ghost monk but it's hard to let go of pincoya

maybe if ghost monk unrobed he'd get played more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom