• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

dot

They used to be pretty worth it and balanced; for the most part, there was one achievement for opening the game worth £0.10, which they still do.

They changed it now so that all other achievements, if there are any, are only worth £0.10 or £0.15. It used to be that there was a £0.10 achievement that was easy to get, an £0.25 achievement, and a £0.50 achievement.

I blame all those people who took advantage of the system, cheated, and used SAM.

You all know who you are.

Rush Bros playfire rewards were awesome. I spent like one hour on the game, didn't know wtf I as doing, deleted it, didn't unlocked a single achievement.

I did all 22 achievements and received like 4 dollars worth of credit. Felt good.

Elija2

It depends. You have to look past some design choices at the time such as attacking being tied to stats and stamina. You also need to make sure you have a good build or you will have a tough time trekking through the game.

Looks excellent when modded and is one of my favorite games of all time. I play through Morrowind every few years with a brand new build, trying out a different section of the gameplay.

ie0baEbV1PvuL.jpg

It's amazing that modders can make a 10+ year old game look like it was released this year. Hell, that looks better than Skyrim. I guess it helps that Morrowind is a unique and diverse region compared to Cyrodiil and Skyrim. I hope the next Elder Scrolls game takes place in a world as good as Morrowind, but I have no idea what the other provinces of Tamriel are supposed to look like.

Thought you were going to say you came back with a brand new 60 inch 4k job.

Are you kidding, that's bargain hunting.

Hah, wish I could afford a 4K screen. I was considering a 50" Samsung, but glad I didn't, as the 42" only just fits in our TV space. Regret getting the 32" screen a year ago, The model is fantastic, just too small for gaming the distance I sit from it. And yeah, it was damn cheap, but considering we're meant to be saving money as we're house hunting...

Mind, I should be able to get £150-175 for the 32", so in total its only cost me about £100 to upgrade. Not bad at all. Still, don't think the wife will leave me with alone with any large amount of money any time soon :p

Relax.MX

Deadly Premonition just dont work for me(after hours and a lot of research)...fuck this, shitty developers.

Rush Bros playfire rewards were awesome. I spent like one hour on the game, didn't know wtf I as doing, deleted it, didn't unlocked a single achievement.

Yeah. Rush Bros is a very bad game.

iosefe

It's amazing that modders can make a 10+ year old game look like it was released this year. Hell, that looks better than Skyrim. I guess it helps that Morrowind is a unique and diverse region compared to Cyrodiil and Skyrim. I hope the next Elder Scrolls game takes place in a world as good as Morrowind, but I have no idea what the other provinces of Tamriel are supposed to look like.

THIS may help

_hekk05

Banned
I blame all those people who took advantage of the system, cheated, and used SAM.

I did all 22 achievements and received like 4 dollars worth of credit. Felt good.

Playfire got ruined despite our best efforts. Oh well

I got all the rush bros cheevos too. Had to check youtube walkthroughs for most of them though haha

Mono

ßthePenguin;121767520 said:
Haha! That did the trick, thank you. I was actually thinking about a solution like this but
got the order wrong, thinking I already talked to the ghost when I tried the research.

No problem! \o/ Luckily in playing the Blackwell games, you can see the game design improve from title to title! I don't recall many situations in the next three games where you as the player figure out the puzzle but have to do something a bit out of the way in the game like that for the game to actually progress.

I hope the next Elder Scrolls game takes place in a world as good as Morrowind, but I have no idea what the other provinces of Tamriel are supposed to look like.

Black Marsh. (swamps)

If the next game is not set in Black Marsh, I think I'll skip it.

Argonian master race.

Pakkidis

Just beat the swapper. Great game. Sadly had to use a guide for the last few puzzles but I still loved every second of it.

What I love about pc gaming is the prices are so cheap you try out games you would have never tried before.

Mono

I'm hoping for Black Marsh, but they're probably not going to set a full game there! :(

Edit: Easton Dark knows what's up

AHA-Lambda

I don't know why but I finsihed The Bureau: XCOM Declassified.

In a word: Tedious.

It's also got the amazing distinction of having the worst character I've seen in a game sinec Rico of Killzone fame; worst part is it's the player character!

end of the game you lose control of him and can choose if he lives or dies (cos he goes fucking nuts, besides he was an arse the whole game). Yeah I killed him.

Wouldn't recommend, but I gotta clear backlogs :p

repost for new page
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (thequickandthedead, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sakura Spirit -- MB-3027D126077B779F - Taken by Emperor_EL. 71 entrants total.

t1405811056z1.png

Cyrodil was actually supposed to be a really interesting Roman Jungle-esque region but was retconned to a safer and probably easier to create European fantasy setting.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Cook, Serve, Delicious! is so hard to put down, I was only going to check it out but then I played it for nearly two hours.

Mono

Those Rush Bros achievements, oh man...

If the reward system back then was the way it is now, I never would have touched that game!

Mono

Cook, Serve, Delicious! is so hard to put down, I was only going to check it out but then I played it for nearly two hours.

I already have 9 hours in it and got it the first day of the bundle.
I THINK I HAVE A PROBLEM
So fun!!

MadGear

lol store page has a warning on it now XD

Oh, its a warning, Thought this was advertisement for the game.

Really wonder how well this "game" sold so far. A friend of mine is also thinking about getting it and meanwhile i still fail to see the appeal of these games :D

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
vb6DAiV.gif

Total: $498

I.. oh god.

But a huge and very real thank you to everyone who has got us here today!

We've passed the 6-month threshold and that means that I will officially be streaming the Serious Sam games for your... enjoyment? I guess. I don't know what motivates you people.

I already have the Sam games and the Open Broadcaster Software installed. Also, in keeping with the spirit of this thing, I want to open up and utilize Serious Sam's multiplayer co-op to invite as many people to play along as possible. We'll get a special mumble room where you guys can be a part of the stream and everything.

Details forthcoming.

How often are playfire awards worth the trouble?

Sometimes they're not too bad. I remember playing a terrible game I got in a bundle for the rewards, took me around an hour and a half to finish it completely, got all three Steam achievements it had with the only effort required being to hit enter and making a few choices.

Argonian master race.

Did you play with the Argonian Maid mod?

Puruzi

Banned
Got my steam account hijacked earlier today, sucks.
Anyone have this happen to them, and if so, did submitting a ticket help?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Someone asked about Tiny and Big. I just beat it, so I feel equipped to offer some impressions.

Tiny and Big is a physics-based 3d platformer about two brothers/cousins, Tiny and Big. You're Tiny, Big is the bad guy. You are fighting over Grandpa's Leftover pants. Big has Grandpa's pants. Tiny can run and jump and push stuff, but most of his power comes from his three special moves: 1) He can shoot a rocket at blocks and then fire the rocket thrusters to push big objects. 2) He can shoot a wire-hook thing at stuff and pull it. 3) He can use a sweet laser gun to slice stuff. Basically the latter is the main game mechanic; everything you can see in the whole wild world can be and diced any way you like. Cliff face too sheer to climb? Cut off chunks to make it more climbable. Or drop the whole cliff by cutting the bottom off. Or make two diagonal cuts and pull a triangle shaped chunk of the cliff off to lumberjack the whole thing. It's a very tactical thing, it controls well, and it's hard to convey just how flexible the move is without playing the game.

The game is a modest six levels that last maybe 3 hours, but there's some measure of replayability. Every level has tons of worthless stones to collect, as well as audiotapes (which actually form the game's soundtrack). There's also incentive to beat the level with as few laser cuts as possible, without dying, etc. There are also hidden Rock Gods, and hidden arcade machines. Find an arcade machine and you get sucked in and you have to play a hidden challenge level in an old game boy style palette. I'd say you could probably get 7-8 hours out of trying to 100% it.

Personally I appreciated the clean, minimal look, the sort of Central American visual style, the bizarre sense of humour, the sort of low-fi garage crunchy casette deck music. It's got a very distinct, specific, audiovisual style. And the fact that it's a 3D platformer is itself fairly rare, so I would definitely say the game was refreshing.

The weakness is that the puzzles are still physics puzzles, so there'll definitely be times where you think you're dropping a strip of stone to create a bridge and it drops into the pit in front of you. I never felt frustrated to the point of wanting to quit or anything, but there were lots of deaths that I felt were kind of out of my control and that's a bummer.

But if you're just looking for a short game to scratch an itch, it's pretty decent.

Mono

This is one of the few open-world Bethesda games I haven't played! :O I heard it's better than Fallout 3, though!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Mono:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mono, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Fallout New Vegas -- MB-22E31BA6BE13F9E5 - Taken by devo1989

t1405818796z1.png

Elija2

Cyrodil was actually supposed to be a really interesting Roman Jungle-esque region but was retconned to a safer and probably easier to create European fantasy setting.

Man, that actually sounds pretty cool. Why would they retcon that? Morrowind was way more ambitious than that but it was still a very successful game.

Now I'm worried that they'll ruin whatever region the next Elder Scrolls game takes place in.

Mono

Sometimes they're not too bad. I remember playing a terrible game I got in a bundle for the rewards, took me around an hour and a half to finish it completely, got all three Steam achievements it had with the only effort required being to hit enter and making a few choices.

Did you play with the Argonian Maid mod?

Why am I not surprised.

FAQ
Q: "Did you know her name is meant to be Lifts-Her-Tail?"
A: This is not Lifts-Her-Tail, this is Lusty. Original character, do not steal.

lol

i can only play it in short bursts (~20-30 minutes at a time) as the game itself isn't too complex (except soup, ugh) but it's a great game overall

Jawmuncher

SteamGuard is mandatory now right?
Guessing email and steam password would have to be the same (not a good idea obviously) or perhaps a key logger.

Regardless Customer Service will fix it though you might have to wait a bit.

Tellaerin

This is one of the few open-world Bethesda games I haven't played! :O I heard it's better than Fallout 3, though!

Opinions vary (some of us prefer FO3 to NV for one reason or another), but either way, it's an excellent game and an awesome giveaway!
You should play it, Mono!

Mono

i can only play it in short bursts (~20-30 minutes at a time) as the game itself isn't too complex (except soup, ugh) but it's a great game overall

I think what I like the most about CSD is that if there's a food you don't like making, you can probably go through the entire game without even touching it. I tried out the soup in the training mode, but I never bought it in my game becuase I know it'll screw me up big time.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
SteamGuard is mandatory now right?
Guessing email and steam password would have to be the same (not a good idea obviously) or perhaps a key logger.

Or the user goes to a fake Steam page, signs in, the fake page does a login attempt with real Steam, user gets SteamGuard prompt on fake page, checks email, gets real SteamGuard code, puts it in fake page, ta-da.

I think what I like the most about CSD is that if there's a food you don't like making, you can probably go through the entire game without even touching it. I tried out the soup in the training mode, but I never bought it in my game becuase I know it'll screw me up big time.

What I like most about CSD is that somebody always comes in and orders a beer at 9am. It makes me feel less alone in the world.

Khronico

In my sixty minutes of Rogue Shooter I have found:

1. A flail with a shotgun at the end
2. A quicksand gun
3. A shotgun trident
4. A dog launcher

What a strange game.

Mono

Opinions vary (some of us prefer FO3 to NV for one reason or another), but either way, it's an excellent game and an awesome giveaway!
You should play it, Mono!

Did they change the combat or something?

Maybe I'll pull a Sub Zero and enter and win my own giveaway! :p
B-but I'm scared of super mutants!

Yep. Bethesda can't write main storylines worth a damn.
Also see: Oblivion, Skyrim.

I can't think of one Bethesda game that doesn't have a trainwreck of a main plot. :X

Yeah, I don't know why they consistantly screw up the main storyline every single time, yet make fun an interesting side quests and an even more interesting worlds.

Dishonored is the worst offender for me! The main plot was so generic and predictable, but the universe in which Dishonored takes place in is fascinating. But you only find out about it by reading the books you can find in random peoples' houses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom