• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sort of wish those mystery giveaways would 'reveal' a title or something after the timer. I'm always so curious about what they are but never have the guts to enter (or the luck to win) so it would be cool to see a reveal.

Historical fiction about the Roman emperor Claudius. Since this is GAF, he's most likely talking about the TV series based on the novel. But you never know, GAF has a reading subgroup if I recall correctly.

Oh that BBC show from 70's....somehow my mind skipped of the name and read it referring to himself (yes for a second time) and someone named Claudius. I guess waking up at 6:20 and driving to the airport has finally taken it's toll on my mind.

KarmaCow

Ignore the Fallout Mod Manager, just use the Nexus mod manager. Works great for all the nexus titles.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/modmanager/?

I HIGHLY recommend NVEC (I even contributed to it in a small way :D)

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/44204/?

If you get that, anti-crash comes with it.

Other than that, just be sure to follow the install instructions for the hud mods exactly or you'll have a bad time.

And yes to MTUI. Either that or DARNified, one of the two. The original UI is awful.

For something to spice it up more, however, check out the monster mods.

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/42136/?

dogtown does great work. There are issues with it because of the troubles with nexus policies that changed how the mod works, but it's still mostly awesome.

Thanks for the links, I think I was using DARNified last time I played but I forgot the name.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I sort of wish those mystery giveaways would 'reveal' a title or something after the timer. I'm always so curious about what they are but never have the guts to enter (or the luck to win) so it would be cool to see a reveal.

But where would be the fun in that if it was actually Bad Rats?

There's definitely a gray area between visual novels and adventure games! I consider the AA series more visual novel-like because it's a lot more text than adventuring, but they're kind of both.

Japanese games tend to have more text than their western counterpart. It is not like you can say Ghost Trick is a visual novel because it has a lot of text.

Ghost Trick is a puzzle game.

Beelzebubs

There's definitely a gray area between visual novels and adventure games! I consider the AA series more visual novel-like because it's a lot more text than adventuring, but they're kind of both.

Would you consider Telltale Games visual novels?

Oh and hope Shadownet is okay.

Which should I play first, Gemini Rue or Siberia?

I liked Gemini Rue more. The main character is more of a hard-boiled, gruff, likable jerk. The story is also more of a sci-fi than a contemporary steampunk fiction. The only thing I didn't like about Gemini Rue was the stupid shooting minigame.

Syberia has more interesting environments, and mostly better puzzles. The main character is sort of a stuck-up bitch. Also it's hard to see why she made the choice she did in endgame, but they had to set up a sequel somehow.

Shadownet

Banned
Are you okay?

pls respond

Oh no, is everything okay? :(

Ouch.
Are you okay?
Was it your fault?
What's the damage?

smh.gif

:/. How bad was it?

:( Hope everyone is ok.

Woah is everything okay dude? What happened?

oh shit bro you ok?

Hope you came out of it okay, bro.

Oh, crap. Hope everything is ok :

Sorry man, hope it wasn't too serious

Sucks to hear :/

I'm guessing you weren't hurt, thankfully.

Oh god, how are you?

omg you ok man?? :eek:

Sorry to hear that, hope you're fine.

Wait what now, damn man hope everything is ok, and it wasn´t to serious. :/

Hope everything is alright.

I hope everything's okay.

I hope you're okay! Let us know when you can. You have many friends here, and we're all hoping you're safe.

Gosh, sorry to hear that. Glad that you can type, hope it's okay?

Hopefully nothing major happened to you and whoever might have been with you/was on the other ride.

Some guy break suddenly on the highway when everyone is going like 60mph, the guy in front of me slam on his break and then I hit that guy. My bumper is a bit messed up but I got a concussion. Head is killing me right now. I'm at the hospital they're checking out my head and leg.

The other two people in the other cars are fine. Just scrapes.

I'm alright though. Thanks guy.

maneil99

Some guy break suddenly on the highway when everyone is going like 60mph, the guy in front of me slam on his break and then I hit that guy. My bumper is a bit messed up but I got a concussion. Head is killing me right now. I'm at the hospital they're checking out my head and leg.

Somehow you will get blamed because you are expected to stop.

yGray

Banned

damn dude. I hope their insurance will cover everything since it sounds like their fault

Mono

OMG, oh no!! :( That's awful! Feel better soon! <3

Oh, damn. I'm sorry to hear that...take it easy, man.

Mono

Last call!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Mono:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mono, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Fallout New Vegas -- MB-22E31BA6BE13F9E5 - Taken by devo1989. 22 entrants total.

t1405818796z1.png

Hugstable

Banned

Oh shit dude try to take it easy, concussions are never fun. Good to hear you're alright though, just try to take it easy for the rest of the day. This guy just slammed his brakes in the middle of a moving freeway though? Sometimes hearing these stories make me glad I don't have to live in LA now and deal with the freeway system there, especially during the rainy season.

Be very careful with that. You'll need lots of lying in darkness and almost no PC/TV usage.
(Trust me, after 15 of the bloody things, you get to know the drill)

Very smart info, I've only been through 4 of them myself, but you can never be too careful regarding a concussion.

Man that sucks, hope you take it easy and stop browsing GAF, reading on a small screen (I'm assuming) can't be great for concussion.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Japanese games tend to have more text than their western counterpart. It is not like you can say Ghost Trick is a visual novel because it has a lot of text.

From everything I've seen, Ghost Trick looks like a puzzle game with visual novel elements.

Get better soon :/

New thread by the morning probably.

Choose a thread title I guess:

STEAM | July 2014 III -

STEAM | July 2014 III - Don't PM MRORANGE about invites to the games night group

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual

Damn, good luck man.

Jørdan

It's ridiculous how much time it takes. Next time I do it, I will probably just back everything up.

For me the real time sink is discovering what's new, what I overlooked and what will be suitable this time round - can be a couple of days easy, just going through page after page of mods, site after site.

Good to hear Shadownet and companions are OK, given the circumstances.

Genki

I played DanganRonpa this spring and while I liked it god damn was it verbose. You don't have to repeat every single little thing 5 times, game. Unlike Ace Attorney you can button through text fast though, that made me quit that series halfway through the first game.

Caerith

Would you consider Telltale Games visual novels?
TWD and TWAU are definitely visual novels, just with timed responses and QTEs.

Glad you're not too banged up.

STEAM | July 2014 III -

Either:

STEAM | July 2014 III - hey baby

Or:

STEAM | July 2014 III - any subject line

Or even:

STEAM | July 2014 III - I hope ModBot notices me

STEAM | July 2014 III -

STEAM | July 2014 III - PM MRORANGE to be invited to the GAF Games Night group

P.S. about an hour left to get revengence on some butts
ModBot said:
Instructions for Widdly Scuds:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Widdly Scuds, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Butt Simulator 2014 -- MB-5BFEA2358D54EDB7 - Taken by Dingotech. 57 entrants total.

t1405821018z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom