• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilflare

lJoCsCV.gif

I'm not really back, just less absent.

what's with the injuries :(

Ozium

Yeah Lol its going to be hilarious if I turn out to be at fault for this. I couldn't get into another lane to avoid it either.

And no PC/TV? Miss out on SteamGAF? Never.

I'm still at the hospital. I'll be home soon. Thanks for all the well wishes guys :)

I'm sorry but you'll never be able to play Payday 2 again...

not really just watch yourself if you start getting a headache then stop

Turfster

Yeah Lol its going to be hilarious if I turn out to be at fault for this. I couldn't get into another lane to avoid it either.
Isn't it always the one doing the manoeuvre over there?
(So the guy braking, in this case.)
Shadownet said:
Just be careful, okay?
It's not worth the possible complications.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Game -- MB-242F1F73C8B81AC3 - Taken by Kryptonite. 16 entrants total.
this game looks like Uncharted, ewwww.

t1405820296z1.png

I'm still at the hospital. I'll be home soon. Thanks for all the well wishes guys :)

Glad you're okay (mostly?).

And yeah, generally speaking, if there's a rear-end collision, the person who rear-ended the other car is usually found at fault. Not following at a safe distance and all that. :\

Ozium

depends where you live, in my state you are at fault for every rear end collision because you are supposed to be driving far enough away to stop... not that this always works in practice...

shitty any way you look at it.. :/

wilflare

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Game -- MB-242F1F73C8B81AC3

t1405820296z1.png

i like Uncharted games... but okay I'm resisting :X

Hawkie

Just be careful, okay?

Most of the time in the UK if you hit the car in front you are at fault for not leaving an adequate stopping distance.

Turfster

I'm going with either Unearthed or Tomb Raider. One of those is quite good, the other is quite not.

But what about Marlow Briggs?

Most of the time in the UK if you hit the car in front you are at fault for not leaving an adequate stopping distance.
depends where you live, in my state you are at fault for every rear end collision because you are supposed to be driving far enough away to stop... not that this always works in practice...
Ah. Well, my driver's test was quite a long time ago ;)
Edit: You guys are right. If A brakes and B hits him, then C hits B, C is responsible for the damage to A apparently.

Shadownet

Banned

Just be careful, okay?

I would have made an evasive maneuver if I had room. But that would probably have caused a worse collision ad involved more people.

Glad you're okay (mostly?).

And yeah, generally speaking, if there's a rear-end collision, the person who rear-ended the other car is usually found at fault. Not following at a safe distance and all that. :

I was 2 car length away and still couldn't break in time. But he stopped all of a sudden so I'm pretty sure its his fault.

adaen

I've been modding Morrowind for like 2 hours. Almost done I think...

Haha, thats almost like me: Read about mods for 2-3 hours, spend 4-5 hours to download and install the mods, play the game for 4-5 hours and get side tracked.
Repeat cycle after 2-3 years.

Biggest offender have to be the Baldur's Gate games.

Beelzebubs

I would have made an evasive maneuver if I had room. But that would probably have caused a worse collision ad involved more people.

I was 2 car length away and still couldn't break in time. But he stopped all of a sudden so I'm pretty sure its his fault.

Used to work for an insurance company many, many years ago, and in the UK as has been stated if you hit them in the rear it's generally classed as your fault.

If the car was indeed 2 car lengths away their insurance company will argue you had adequate braking time. If it was closer they will say you were driving irresponsibly hence it's usually classed as fault if a rear ender.

The only winners in this situation are the insurance companies :(

That sucks.
Be very careful with that. You'll need lots of lying in darkness and almost no PC/TV usage.
(Trust me, after 15 of the bloody things, you get to know the drill)

Ideally you need a PC game that's in total darkness...
You see people, Black Screen Simulator had a valid reason to exist after all!

Get well soon Shadownet.

Ventara

How badly were the cars wrecked? Was it just the bumpers?

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Game -- MB-242F1F73C8B81AC3 - Taken by Kryptonite. 16 entrants total.

t1405820296z1.png

Thank you anonymous benefactor! The game was Lost Civilization. Hidden object Uncharted?

Grief.exe

GTA San Andreas modding guide. This guide isn't meant to be definitive, but enough to get you up and running with the game.

Here are some notes on my installation. YMMV with these.
  • Launch directly from the exe, not Steam.
  • There are xinput mods avaible for the game, I chose to just use M/KB controls.
  • Install Microsoft Direct-X Runtimes 2010.
  • Run in compatibility mode Windows XP SP3.
  • Only alt-tab from your native monitor resolution. Alt-tabbing while downsampling will cause a crash.
  • Go to the gta-sa process in task manager and set CPU affinity to one core for mouse controls.
  • Turn off Frame Limiter in the options and force v-sync through drivers. San Andreas defaults to 24 FPS with Frame Limiter on, going higher than 60 FPS can cause issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom