• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miker

I played DanganRonpa this spring and while I liked it god damn was it verbose. You don't have to repeat every single little thing 5 times, game. Unlike Ace Attorney you can button through text fast though, that made me quit that series halfway through the first game.

I hate slow text speed, but Ace Attorney uses it to good measure during dramatic moments, if you ask me. It's not Zelda or anything.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
It's ridiculous how much time it takes. Next time I do it, I will probably just back everything up.

That's why I play games like New Vegas and Skyrim without any mods. It takes so much time to download and install everything, and even a small fuck up can break everything.

Mono

I played DanganRonpa this spring and while I liked it god damn was it verbose. You don't have to repeat every single little thing 5 times, game. Unlike Ace Attorney you can button through text fast though, that made me quit that series halfway through the first game.

Yeah, there is a LOT of "maybe I should talk to _____. Where did ____ say he was going to be again? That's right, in ____! I should go talk to ____ in ____ about __________."

Still a great game, though!

Turfster

15 concussions you'd be dead/disabled/mentally handicapped.

I'm sorry, which one of us has lived my fucking life?
They weren't all of the same severity, but I didn't asspull that number.

Jørdan;121784977 said:
Football (Americano) or boxing, either way you're sounding badass. Unless you're just clumsy :p

Some of them were sports related, a few of them were... coordination problems or "lesser of two evils" choices.
(Also, I am not a badass at all)

jblank83

TWD and TWAU are definitely visual novels, just with timed responses and QTEs.

I'd call them interactive fiction but yeah, they've definitely strayed away from being "adventure games". They contain no puzzles. They contain no real gameplay. Even the QTEs are "unlosable" at this point.

They've reached a point they're just animated stories. The player's choices mean very little, really, changing a couple of lines of dialog here and there. I like The Wolf Among Us very much, but I can't see myself paying full price for Telltale's products anymore.

City 17

Guys how is it possible?
I've almost never won a big raffle, but today I won the GOTY edition of both Fallout 3 & NV.
Thanks for the generosity.

Haven't played Fallout on PC (except Fallout 2 back in the day) and I'm really looking forward to playing both of them and the DLCs in a month or two after I finish my thesis.

Can someone suggest me some mods I should use for Fallout 3 & NV? I've got to be prepared, when the time comes!

iosefe

Guys how is it possible?
I've almost never won a big raffle, but today I won the GOTY edition of both Fallout 3 & NV.
Thanks for the generosity.

Haven't played Fallout on PC (except Fallout 2 back in the day) and I'm really looking forward to playing both of them and the DLCs in a month or two after I finish my thesis.

Can someone suggest me some mods I should use for Fallout 3 & NV? I've got to be prepared, when the time comes!

This may be of interest to you

http://taleoftwowastelands.com/

FAQ here

StAidan

Some guy break suddenly on the highway when everyone is going like 60mph, the guy in front of me slam on his break and then I hit that guy. My bumper is a bit messed up but I got a concussion. Head is killing me right now. I'm at the hospital they're checking out my head and leg.

The other two people in the other cars are fine. Just scrapes.

I'm alright though. Thanks guy.

Ouch. Sorry to hear that. Car accidents are no fun, but glad there were no serious injuries. At those speeds, you never know.

Ventara

Some guy break suddenly on the highway when everyone is going like 60mph, the guy in front of me slam on his break and then I hit that guy. My bumper is a bit messed up but I got a concussion. Head is killing me right now. I'm at the hospital they're checking out my head and leg.

Shadownet, I'm sure you don't need me to say it, but take it easy and just rest up. Listen to the doctors and try to do what's best for your health until you're back to 100%. Work and money are important, but not as important as your health.

I hope the guys insurance covers everything. I hate seeing a good guy like you have problems like this.

hitmon

That's terrible. I hope you have a quick recovery.

City 17

Thank you.

haha grats City 17, you only need to win the originals to have the full collection.
I'm not salty at all, I just really want that NV dlc cause bethesda are trying to nickle and dime us
Thanks
lol ... I've played the originals back in the day, so I really don't need them, but you're right about Bethesda, I hope you get the dlc

Grief.exe

Interesting open-world ARPG I just stumbled upon called Ashen. PC/Mac/Linux

combatMountain_small.gif

http://killscreendaily.com/articles/ashen/

Ashen is an action-RPG about your struggle to find a home in a land without a sun. The only natural light comes from the glowing ash that erupts from a mountain, and even that dims as it steadily settles on the ground. There are cannibals, opportunistic bandits, wild beasts, giants, and strange creatures of the dark. It is not a place you'd want to travel alone.

Ashen's online players will seamlessly drift into your world at random, one at a time (like in Journey), as you will theirs. But no one is obligated to team up despite it being helpful that you do. In fact, it's vital in some cases, as certain challenges will require a partner to overthrow. Fortunately, the NPCs that inform you about the world, and give you reasons to venture into it, can also be teamed up with if you prefer. However, they all have their own agenda and should be thoroughly interrogated before being trusted. As significant events unfold as part of the developing story, you'll have to decide whose interpretation of the situation you trust the most.

"Whatever you choose, the outcome is likely to be part success and part tragedy," Derek says. "It's just about weighing up what is more important to you."

Whether you decide to cooperate with another online player or substitute them with an AI companion, you'll be able to explore with them, and fight side-by-side in vicious, testing battles. Combat is predictably Soulsian in manner which, for the uninitiated, means it's like trying to clean a chimney with a walrus sat on the end of a pole. In other words, it's sluggish, weighty, and dictated by stamina levels. This emphasises the importance of skill and observation as your most lethal weapons. But Derek points out at least one way that it differs, if only ever so slightly, from From Software's inspiring design. That's in the limitations on weapon availability in Ashen.

Ibuki

Banned

I hope you are OK! If you are OK with following up later to let us know how it's going, please do.

Ozium

New thread by the morning probably.

Choose a thread title I guess:

STEAM | July 2014 III -

STEAM | July 2014 III-PM MRORANGE with any questions you may have
STEAM | July 2014 III-can't sleep, modbot'll eat me.

This sucks, but luckily everyone is OK. Get well soon.. Concussions are no joke..

pahamrick

Damn Shadow, glad to hear you made it out alright. Concussions are nothing to mess with, take it easy for awhile!

MRORANGE

Got cut off on the last page but sounded very interesting:

Interesting open-world ARPG I just stumbled upon called Ashen. PC/Mac/Linux

combatMountain_small.gif

http://killscreendaily.com/articles/ashen/

Ashen is an action-RPG about your struggle to find a home in a land without a sun. The only natural light comes from the glowing ash that erupts from a mountain, and even that dims as it steadily settles on the ground. There are cannibals, opportunistic bandits, wild beasts, giants, and strange creatures of the dark. It is not a place you'd want to travel alone.
Ashen's online players will seamlessly drift into your world at random, one at a time (like in Journey), as you will theirs. But no one is obligated to team up despite it being helpful that you do. In fact, it's vital in some cases, as certain challenges will require a partner to overthrow. Fortunately, the NPCs that inform you about the world, and give you reasons to venture into it, can also be teamed up with if you prefer. However, they all have their own agenda and should be thoroughly interrogated before being trusted. As significant events unfold as part of the developing story, you'll have to decide whose interpretation of the situation you trust the most.

"Whatever you choose, the outcome is likely to be part success and part tragedy," Derek says. "It's just about weighing up what is more important to you."

Whether you decide to cooperate with another online player or substitute them with an AI companion, you'll be able to explore with them, and fight side-by-side in vicious, testing battles. Combat is predictably Soulsian in manner which, for the uninitiated, means it's like trying to clean a chimney with a walrus sat on the end of a pole. In other words, it's sluggish, weighty, and dictated by stamina levels. This emphasises the importance of skill and observation as your most lethal weapons. But Derek points out at least one way that it differs, if only ever so slightly, from From Software's inspiring design. That's in the limitations on weapon availability in Ashen.

Hugstable

Banned
New thread by the morning probably.

Choose a thread title I guess:

STEAM | July 2014 III -

STEAM | July 2014 III: Uguu
STEAM | July 2014 III: We're trying to set records here.
STEAM | July 2014 III: Must own Bad Rats to enter.

Crazy to think it's already gonna be heading to the 3rd OT. The speed of the topic hasn't been quite as fast this past week as the craziness during the Summer Sale, but still wow at reaching the 3rd OT with ~1/3 of the month left to go. Didn't the first OT fill up by the 5th?

Ozium

So I won Astebreed and I'm going to play it, but I noticed it's by the people that made Ether Vapor Remaster.. which I played a little of while idling for cards... Is Astebreed a follow up to Ether Vapor? Should I finish that first?

I noticed EVR has achievements now and I wonder if I should bang through that before starting ass bread...

Shadownet

Banned
That sucks.
Be very careful with that. You'll need lots of lying in darkness and almost no PC/TV usage.
(Trust me, after 15 of the bloody things, you get to know the drill)

Yeah Lol its going to be hilarious if I turn out to be at fault for this. I couldn't get into another lane to avoid it either.

And no PC/TV? Miss out on SteamGAF? Never.

I'm still at the hospital. I'll be home soon. Thanks for all the well wishes guys :)

Momentary

Banned
So I won Astebreed and I'm going to play it, but I noticed it's by the people that made Ether Vapor Remaster.. which I played a little of while idling for cards... Is Astebreed a follow up to Ether Vapor? Should I finish that first?

I noticed EVR has achievements now and I wonder if I should bang through that before starting ass bread...

Nope. They're different, but you should still finish Ether Vapor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom