• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

Wasn't trying to start anything calm down

You always say you're not trying to start anything, but you pretty much always somehow end up doing exactly that.
Or do you think we've forgotten the trypophobia incident, for example? =p
(My apologies to everyone else for bringing back those memories)

If you don't know what it is, don't google it.

Dingotech

Oh snap I won butt simulator! Thanks Widdly Scuds! Much appreciated.

I'm going to install it now and give it a rip on this new PC I just purchased.

Miguel81

Is Bamco seriously not gonna release Tekken 7 on Steam/PC? They're using UE4, releasing on PS4/Xbone, yet Japanese devs will be continuing with this no-PC mantra. :(

Mono

Played a little bit of Blood of the Werewolf today! It's pretty fun. I usually swear by controllers when I play platformers, but in this game, it's really awkward to aim the crossbow with the analog stick. It feels awkward to me to use WASD for platforming, though, so I can't win with this one!

I like it a lot though; seems like they put a lot of effort into making it a speedrunning game.

I would have made an evasive maneuver if I had room. But that would probably have caused a worse collision ad involved more people.

I was 2 car length away and still couldn't break in time. But he stopped all of a sudden so I'm pretty sure its his fault.

Did the cops show up and issue tickets?
If so, the cops basically determine fault either by ticketing or on the accident report.
If not, the insurance companies will probably fight over it and then lump it under no fault.

Is Bamco seriously not gonna release Tekken 7 on Steam/PC? They're using UE4, releasing on PS4/Xbone, yet Japanese devs will be continuing with this no-PC mantra. :(

It's like they hate money.

Elena from Uncharted grows on you after two games.

Elena > Chloe all day, e'rry day.

wilflare

where's the cheapest place to get Wolfenstein now?
nuuvem?

EDIT: anyone knows if the nuuvem keys provide the TF2 and Preorder bonuses?

Beelzebubs

You always say you're not trying to start anything, but you pretty much always somehow end up doing exactly that.
Or do you think we've forgotten the trypophobia incident, for example? =p
(My apologies to everyone else for bringing back those memories)

I didn't know what that was as I wasn't around Steamgaf back then. I decided to google it...

7kVgnSu.gif

You're a dick :p

Jawmuncher

Half-Life complete for 9.99 or Left4Dead 1 and 2 for 7.49?

Which is better, and are they worth it?

Well everyone should play the half life games since their some of the best SP expierences for FPS out there.

But L4D is a fun MP game and would definitely see play on SteamGAF nights.

Shadownet

Banned
Ideally you need a PC game that's in total darkness...
You see people, Black Screen Simulator had a valid reason to exist after all!

Get well soon Shadownet.

Thanks Fuzzy :) I talked with Corrosive about you. Found out that you're a really awesome guy to SteamGAF. Nice to meet you finally :)

How badly were the cars wrecked? Was it just the bumpers?

Pretty much just my front bumper is smashed. I think the guy in the middle got it worst.

Turfster

I didn't know what that was as I wasn't around Steamgaf back then. I decided to google it...

You're a dick :p

I considered adding a "don't google it if you don't know what it is" warning, but I figured bringing it up would be enough warning.
Mea culpa.
But now imagine him basically just posting that stuff in the sales thread "without looking at it first" =p

Beelzebubs

Jack of all trades confirmed. Show some work man.

With so many hobby/semi-pro game devs, it would be worth having a showcase thread.
For those pointing at the indie thread, they are pros. No need to dilute.

I'll be debuting my work on Gaf in probably about 6 months, spent the last year on it. You don't realise how long these things take to make solo til you start. probably at least another 2 years work left on this project of mine. Went to uni for Games Development, making my first ever game 8 years later.

Shadownet

Banned
Did the cops show up and issue tickets?
If so, the cops basically determine fault either by ticketing or on the accident report.
If not, the insurance companies will probably fight over it and then lump it under no fault.

Yeah the did but I was pretty much knocked out so I didn't find out what happened. I woke up in the ambulance.

wilflare

Thanks Fuzzy :) I talked with Corrosive about you. Found out that you're a really awesome guy to SteamGAF. Nice to meet you finally :)

Pretty much just my front bumper is smashed. I think the guy in the middle got it worst.

hope you are feeling better man and get well soon!

dot

We still don't know much yet. I'm hoping we get more info about that at Comic Con.

I'll be debuting my work on Gaf in probably about 6 months, spent the last year on it. You don't realise how long these things take to make solo til you start. probably at least another 2 years work left on this project of mine. Went to uni for Games Development, making my first ever game 8 years later.
Woah, that's cool! Can't even imagine pouring so much time and effort into one project and being so close to finishing. I'm really happy for you!
How did you manage to do it alone? I mean there are many parts who don't share much, e.g. music, texturing, modelling, qa etc.
Curious what kind of game yours is. Wish you the best man and may it serve you many dinners!
Haha, misread a thing. Thought you're gonna finish your game in six months, but it's more like two years. Anyway hope for a good reaction to your game!

Grief.exe

Wow just watched an amazing game of TI4 DK vs LGD.

LGD was so far behind and ended up coming back to win the game, one of the biggest comebacks in International history maybe even in all of competitive gaming.

Shadownet

Banned
hope you are feeling better man and get well soon!

Thanks Wil :)

Oh, so it was a three-car accident? I hope no blame is pushed onto you. You already have it worst getting a concussion. Take care of yourself.

Just got on here first time today, and holy crap. Shadownet, hope you're doing okay now. That sounds nuts. Also hoping for a quick recovery!

I'm doing well. Its not first concussion. It could have been a lot worst :) I'm glad its not. The only silver lining to this is that I don't have to go into meeting at work tomorrow XD and I still got my weird sense of humor.

Yeah, modern cars a lot of crash energy due to crumple zones.

Call me crazy but I find it safer riding moterbikes than cars.

I don't know. Motorbikes. You can get thrown off of it, I mean the moment you get thrown off your bike, you're going to break something if not die when you land. I rather have my seatbelt.
--------

Anyway let's talk about something else. I feel bad about derailing the thread.

I can't believe Halfway is coming out in 2 days and I can't even preorder that yet. That game look so awesome.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Jack of all trades confirmed. Show some work man.

With so many hobby/semi-pro game devs, it would be worth having a showcase thread.
For those pointing at the indie thread, they are pros. No need to dilute.

well I don't really have anything substantial to show :p and I also don't want to derail this thread even more with my shitty screenshots xD lol

dot

What, was some information about this announced? According to this (likely unreliable source) tekken 7 is 'confirmed' for PC

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/29351/20140718/tekken-7-pc-confirmed.htm

You do realize you just cited a korean drama website? lol

This was the same website that said there was gonna be a Green Arrow game announcement last month. And that obviously did not happen. :|

Comic-Con or a delayed port like MK or Injustice. If we got Naruto I can't see them saying no to their #1 fighting franchise.

Yeah, Naruto was a pleasant surprise. Since the new one is coming to steam later this year i can definitely see Tekken being announced for steam/pc.

Turfster

You might be right.
That might have been a hour plus a bit more.
Can't check though since I have regular play time on it as well.

Yeah, I've got about 8 hours of idle time for 5 drops, give or take half an hour that I might not be allocating correctly from my total play time.

You do realize you just cited a korean drama website? lol

This was the same website that said there was gonna be a Green Arrow game last month. And that obviously did not happen. :|

Yeah, Naruto was a pleasant surprise. Since the new one is coming to steam later this year i can definitely see Tekken being announced for steam/pc.

Hehe, I have no idea. I just googled 'tekken 7 on pc' and that was the second link.

Ventara

I'm doing well. Its not first concussion. It could have been a lot worst :) I'm glad its not. The only silver lining to this is that I don't have to go into meeting at work tomorrow XD and I still got my weird sense of humor.

Glad it's not too bad. Do you need to go back for any check-ups? Let us know what the insurance company makes of the situation when you find out.

And I'm glad you still have your humor. Your reaction wouldn't be as good when you find I'll get you Crash Time 2 for your birthday.

That's glorious, I've only played up to the second town (or first real town considering that one you're about to enter is made up of like 3 houses.) but it's such a rewarding world to explore.
It's gonna be quite the experience playing through this with everything all spruced up.

I found out what the issue was though. Better Bodies. It's conflicting with... something in that guide I used, so when it's on I get those weird yellow boxes and crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom