• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
I doubt anyone minds ... your health is much more important than some games ;)

Thanks lashman :)

---------------------

Hey guys I have 30 Destiny Beta codes. If anyone want one just PM me alright? I managed to pull some strings from work. Its for all systems. I was going to tell Destiny thread but I thought I want my family to get first dibs.

Grief.exe

That's glorious, I've only played up to the second town (or first real town considering that one you're about to enter is made up of like 3 houses.) but it's such a rewarding world to explore.

Balmora is really the first town you get to

i46gKb9hauSN2.jpg

Jawmuncher

Blade Symphony took me a little over 8 hours for 5 drops, I remember because I started idling over night and got the last drop 10 minutes after waking up.

Yeah, I've got about 8 hours of idle time for 5 drops, give or take half an hour that I might not be allocating correctly from my total play time.

I stand corrected then.
That is pretty bad. Guess they figured if someone idles that long they're bound to play it.

Beelzebubs

Woah, that's cool! Can't even imagine pouring so much time and effort into one project and being so close to finishing. I'm really happy for you!
How did you manage to do it alone? I mean there are many parts who don't share much, e.g. music, texturing, modelling, qa etc.
Curious what kind of game yours is. Wish you the best man and may it serve you many dinners!
Haha, misread a thing. Thought you're gonna finish your game in six months, but it's more like two years. Anyway hope for a good reaction to your game!

When I studied we didn't have Unity or anything of that ilk, the early part of Games Dev courses is working out how the basics work such as assembly, then translating it into a higher language. I didn't actually retain much from Uni as had to relearn everything using Unity anyway.

Read a lot of guides, watched a lot of Youtube stuff and bastardized a lot of the free code out there til I understood how it worked in the environment.
I'm more an idea guy and suck at art so again, it's using stuff like the free assets available for Unity and messing around til you get an idea how to do it yourself.

Basically, trial and error and trust me, I'm only at a hobbyist level but do plan a release in a couple of years so I can't imagine the amount of crunch guys who do it for a living go through. Nice to take things at my own pace without any pressure.

Music I have a friend who is a composer so that's covered.

Game itself is an RPG with the art style and exploration/dungeon style of Wind Waker with the option of Zelda style combat or FF style turn based, currently working on a third option of both which, if I can get it working will auto queue additional party members attacks/spells whilst you focus on the hand to hand combat.

It's got Mass Effect style dialogue options and consequences and one of the main mechanics involves elemental effects as certain characters have affinities which can be used alone as spells like Ice or can be comboed with somebody who can who can use Aero style powers. When used together they will make Blizzard. Lots of funky little combos like that with different effects through light/dark/wind/water/fire and a multitude of combinations of them.

Will also be adding companion pets so to speak in addition to party members, think like Pokemon. Best example I'll give is imagine a character like Bulbasaur who, he's a plant, with light he will grow stronger, with wind he could blow spores and there's many things you would be able to do with it.

Anyway it's late and that was an incoherent mess but meh :p

Basically, it's everything I love in RPG's mish mashed together with different mechanics. It will probably never get finished but meh. I'll make beta available to everyone when it's nigh on ready. None of this Kickstarter or early access bollocks.

Balmora is really the first town you get to

i46gKb9hauSN2.jpg

That's the one. Right after I got there I went exploring in the nearby hills and wound up walking/running/hiding for the next hour and a half before I realised I was no where near any nearby quests and it would take just as long to walk back. Haha I'm currently enjoying skyrim though and once I'm done with it I might be motivated to go back and see some of skyrims origins.

Strider

Wow just watched an amazing game of TI4 DK vs LGD.

LGD was so far behind and ended up coming back to win the game, one of the biggest comebacks in International history maybe even in all of competitive gaming.

Which game in the series was it? Will probably check out the Vod later on Dota TV

Thanks Fuzzy :) I talked with Corrosive about you. Found out that you're a really awesome guy to SteamGAF. Nice to meet you finally :)
:O Senpai noticed me! :D

In other news, I think I have a problem.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Fuzzification, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Astebreed -- MB-7A5F63C56F28E563 - Taken by 8 X 11 Printer Paper. 45 entrants total.
Gods Will Be Watching -- MB-6310D444ABD82717 - Taken by zkylon. 37 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance -- MB-DD8A5FFC0150BF95 - Taken by topyy. 54 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Wolfenstein: The New Order -- MB-EF4CA2575889A00D - Taken by Adnor. 81 entrants total.
Detective Case and Clown Bot in: Murder in the Hotel Lisbon -- MB-E706A7E2977AF982 - Taken by PandaPedinte. 17 entrants total.
Transistor -- MB-21E7E67289E11C98 - Taken by Ventara. 78 entrants total.
Crimzon Clover: World Ignition -- MB-B776EB0ABC1B6086 - Taken by KenOD. 18 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Divinity: Original Sin -- MB-819E75326D575376 - Taken by Caerith. 79 entrants total.
Shovel Knight -- MB-82FC7038EF312B92 - Taken by Elija2. 74 entrants total.
Shantae: Risky's Revenge -- MB-50A30F6365B34E66 - Taken by Black Soma. 39 entrants total.
Broforce -- MB-8B9793A134A651D5 - Taken by Deitus. 43 entrants total.
SpeedRunners -- MB-A097B2B9DE49C06A - Taken by FtHTiny. 32 entrants total.

t1405835239z1.png

rtcn63

This has to be some sort of ritual, with the exact same games in the exact same format, for a third take. The current title for the steam thread isn't nonsense- it's prescience. A warning of what was to come, what would be awakened if we didn't interpret the signals. Modbot tried last night, and we just didn't understand.

Turfster

This has to be some sort of ritual, with the exact same games in the exact same format. The current title for the steam thread isn't nonsense- it's prescience. A warning of what was to come, what would be awaken if we didn't adopt the signals. Modbot tried last night, and we just didn't understand.

I like you.

Oh fuck, i miss the butt simulator giveaway...=(

Check fuzz's latest glitch in the matrix.

Volimar

This has to be some sort of ritual, with the exact same games in the exact same format, for a third take. The current title for the steam thread isn't nonsense- it's prescience. A warning of what was to come, what would be awaken if we didn't adopt the signals. Modbot tried last night, and we just didn't understand.

Our path is clear. Sub Zero must be sacrificed for the glory of Modbot.

Shadownet

Banned

You're the Senpai around here XD lol I'm ashamed it took me so long to finally hear of your legendary tales!

I'm just... the Sentai. :D hence my avatar.

And why do you have to make this hard on me! I don't know whether to enter for Astebreed, Metal Gear Rising or Wolfenstein :O

--------------

BTW, to clarify the Destiny Beta codes are only for EU and NA. But I got every single systems cover. so if you're Asian GAF or AU GAF. im sorry :(

rtcn63

The only way to prevent the ritual from completing and forcing something grand and hellish into SteamGAF, Fuzz needs to enter for all of the games in his own giveaway. Modbot led us to this.

Ventara

OMG! Fuzz pulling off a hat-trick with this insane giveaway. Amazing. Will enter for Divinity once again. I've entered for this game so many times that at this point, I feel like winning the game might be more important than the actual game, lol.

Jawmuncher

You have to appreciate SteamGAF hype when they manage to make pretty "unknown" games popular here in the thread. With Abyss Odyssey and Divinity:OS being the most recent examples

But there is a better butt simulator on steam.....

tumblr_lvydp3pwzw1qj07f8o1_500.jpg

Metal Gear and Resident Evil are all about the butts.
We need those games to crossover just for that reason.

Shadownet

Banned
ptxfl7Q.png

I'm finally home. but joke on your Ventara, I saw this message on my email first :p

Thanks bro for the gift, but I shouldn't accept anymore gifts from you :) thank you for the thought though!

NG28

So many MGR giveaways are delaying my purchase of the game. If I don't win this time Gabe is getting more of my money.

It is definitely worth the price of admission. Actually reminds me alot of NGB because defense/parrying is a big part of it. It isn't all out offense, but maybe that is just how I played it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom