• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elija2

But there is a better butt simulator on steam.....

tumblr_lvydp3pwzw1qj07f8o1_500.jpg

resident_evil_wallpaper___jill_valentine_b_s_a_a__by_ethaclane-d6k8o57.jpg

I don't remember Jill doing that in the 3DS version...

But I guess the 3D makes up for it.

NG28

People have been saying that on steam discussions so they might make it switchable in the future. The items with the stick aint hard to fuck up but the characters movement with the stick are a mess and more when climbing up you need to be still pushing forward instead of upwards and the analog can be messy at that at times.

Yeah it looks like they might be trying to implement it. I think I'll hold off nightmare mode until that happens. I'm really enjoying it otherwise.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Yeah it looks like they might be trying to implement it. I think I'll hold off nightmare mode until that happens. I'm really enjoying it otherwise.

You could use the exploit of the black fog walls before it gets fixed. I was scared shitless at a few parts of my run because of some crazy juggles enemies were throwing at me. (Still didnt die on my first run on Nightmare Mode cause Im a pro by now)

UncleBiz

Holy shit I'm a member now
congrats, i became one like 2 weeks ago!

Abyss Odyssey is giving me fits trying to use the damn analog. These side scrollers not giving an option to use the dpad is a travesty.
yeah the analog is pretty wonky feeling. i think they mentioned dpad would be a possibility soon? also turning is so slow in that game. kinda frustrating at times. i constantly jump with my back facing the direction i want to go

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just got done sitting through Need for Speed (the movie).

Seriously Hollywood just... don't ever make a movie that terrible ever again please.

rrs

Just got done sitting through Need for Speed (the movie).

Seriously Hollywood just... don't ever make a movie that terrible ever again please.

It's not even accurate to the games, I want a film where screaming 12 years old swear at me for winning races and say I'm a bad player on Xbox Live, or bump into every wall and spin out while wondering why my rivals outpace me in cars that look like mine.
Porsche Unleashed is hard

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
yeah the analog is pretty wonky feeling. i think they mentioned dpad would be a possibility soon? also turning is so slow in that game. kinda frustrating at times. i constantly jump with my back facing the direction i want to go

The analogue movement they are getting it from Smash Bros as they have said directly the combat is mostly inspired by Smash. The thing is Smash Bros everyone plays the game with the gamecube controller which the analog sticks have this weird shape that works perfectly for that time of game and that doesnt work well with the typical controller. Thats why they should have given the option for the d-pad.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Last one for this thread:

96 from Jawmuncher
60 from Toki767
48 from Morningbus
48 from Anustart
36 from default two
30 from Mokoi
30 from Mono
24 from BinaryPork2737
18 from iosefe
18 from Pickles Spill
18 from dot
12 from CorrosiveFrost
12 from Cloudius12
12 from Cheddahz
6 from Armoured Priest
6 from Amzin
6 from Gunstarheroes
6 from tiny raptor
6 from Chocobro
6 from thesaucetastic
6 from Stallion Free
6 from Xclash
6 from tylerf
6 from Myshkin

Total: $522.

Thanks to Toki767 and Mono who each contributed a code and are true believers who will surely drink the kool-aid I am preparing.

We surpassed the 6 bill credit threshold, which means I will be streaming the Serious Sam games. I still haven't decided a date, but we'll begin sometime next week. We'll be using Mumble as a chat server for the Stream and we'll try to get as many co-op players in as possible as well. Check out the GAF thread here to get Mumble setup: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399065

Ventara

Last one for this thread:

Total: $522.

Thanks to Toki767 and Mono who each contributed a code and are true believers who will surely drink the kool-aid I am preparing.

We surpassed the 6 bill credit threshold, which means I will be streaming the Serious Sam games. I still haven't decided a date, but we'll begin sometime next week. We'll be using Mumble as a chat server for the Stream and we'll try to get as many co-op players in as possible as well. Check out the GAF thread here to get Mumble setup: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399065

That's pretty awesome. Hope they follow through and get you the cable money.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It's not even accurate to the games, I want a film where screaming 12 years old swear at me for winning races and say I'm a bad player on Xbox Live, or bump into every wall and spin out while wondering why my rivals outpace me in cars that look like mine.
Porsche Unleashed is hard

That sounds like it would be much more interesting and a way better use of my 2 and a half hours. :)

Yoda

Would anyone be able to invite me to the NeoGAF steam group? Steam name is: adrenaline
if it helps avatar is grey fox

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
You need to have the game downloaded to do this? Would I need to dl Rising Storm/Red Orchestra 2 Multiplayer to get the cards? I've avoided using SAM for that game because It's a VAC game.

Nope. You don't need to download the game to idle using that method. That's why it's so simple, easy, and great.

Caerith

So, just played a few more hours of Far Cry 3 because I'm probably close to finishing it and it takes up a lot of space, and it's such a weird game. I mean, like, not making sense weird.

Like, why is it that when
I kill a major character
, we get transported to a discotheque? And did I really
kill Vaas
? Because, like, I'm pretty sure
he stabbed me
, then I had a dream, then I was at a disco, then I wake up
with his sister and tell her I killed him

And was Vaas
even trying to kill me? After the helicopter crash, he, despite his clear preference for shooting people in the head, shoots me in the chest-- not even on the left, where the heart is, but on the right, where a lighter just so happens to be to block the bullet. How did the lighter get there? My pocket is on the left. And it's not like he wouldn't have noticed the lack of blood. The only explanation is that he put the lighter there himself, then deliberately shot it.

I'd call them interactive fiction but yeah, they've definitely strayed away from being "adventure games". They contain no puzzles. They contain no real gameplay. Even the QTEs are "unlosable" at this point.

They've reached a point they're just animated stories. The player's choices mean very little, really, changing a couple of lines of dialog here and there. I like The Wolf Among Us very much, but I can't see myself paying full price for Telltale's products anymore.
Sorry for the late reply, was kinda busy clearing the backlog.

I was actually kinda impressed with the end to The Wolf Among Us. I mean, it's kinda lame if you play the good guy, but I saw the bad guy ending on youtube and it's pretty different (and kinda intense). But yeah it's totally a visual novel-- "interactive fiction" is used for things like Zork (with no visuals).

(If anyone wants to redefine genres, count me in.)

I hear your chances increase if you put "hey baby" in the subject line.
Or "any subject line"

Grief.exe

I have to win Shantae. COME ON BIG MONEY NO WHAMMIES

I won Shantae from his giveaway this morning and I've been enjoying the game.

I only played through the first level, but I'm having fun exploring the various mechanics.

Been playing with the ds4, love that dpad.

Anustart

I won Shantae from his giveaway this morning and I've been enjoying the game.

I only played through the first level, but I'm having fun exploring the various mechanics.

Been playing with the ds4, love that dpad.

Is it the same one as on 3ds? I found it to be pretty by the numbers kinda game. No clue why it gets such high praise. Not a bad game, but nothing amazing.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Is it the same one as on 3ds? I found it to be pretty by the numbers kinda game. No clue why it gets such high praise. Not a bad game, but nothing amazing.

Which one are you referring to? There are two on the 3DS, one is the virtual console release of the GBC Shantae, the other, Risky's Revenge, is a more recent DSi original release and the sequel to the first game. The second one I mentioned is the one on Steam now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom