• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yyyeeeaaahhhh, I think I'm out for tonight, later duders...

YRfHM8m.gif

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
@ Sunrider.

How can anyone Name their protagonist in a Spacegame SHIELDS How confusing is that!

jackie-chan-confused-v5o6tmgw.jpg

That actually confused me too in one of the early sentences when it says something along the lines of "Shields leaned forward" or something like that. After that it really didn't show up much in the hour of it that I played.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
there is some serious waifuing going on in those pictures

ron-simmons-damn-o.gif

Oublieux

There's a lot of truth behind the joke that I only play AssCreed. It's almost mid-July and I've yet to finish a single game thus far this year...

I was/am the same way. But, to be honest, I find there are 3 potential reasons I'm not as into gaming as I used to be. One, I've gotten older and find other aspects of my life important. Two, I've experienced most of the genres, making each experience less "new." Three, gaming might be getting less creative. Maybe it's a mix.

I still game, but it doesn't capture me like it used to. I have extended down times, too. I'll either be reading, going out, doing other hobbies... but gaming always came around again. I guess it's because it's a good chunk of who I am.

oipic

Edit: Oh wow, I have a tag. Thanks!

You have a tag, Jase! I was all for you receiving something that indicated your resident Steam Guru status, that in some way thanked you for being the omnipresent font of all Steam knowledge that you are... but this is fitting, too. Good stuff. :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Congrats on the tag! You deserve it, love.

<3

I was/am the same way. But, to be honest, I find there are 3 potential reasons I'm not as into gaming as I used to be. One, I've gotten older and find other aspects of my life important. Two, I've experienced most of the genres, making each experience less "new." Three, gaming might be getting less creative. Maybe it's a mix.

I still game, but it doesn't capture me like it used to. I have extended down times, too. I'll either be reading, going out, doing other hobbies... but gaming always came around again. I guess it's because it's a good chunk of who I am.

While my interest in gaming in general has certainly waned, I don't think I'll ever tire of buying them. ;)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Its about time you got one, congratulations! :D now if only nbnt get his!

Me? I can only hope. Maybe in the next 100 years! Whooo!

keep asking for it, thats a sure way to get one

aku:jiki

*internet highfive*
good to be not alone in this (><)

now we continue to wait for Trails.
Don't worry bro, I was a big fan of Ys back in the day. Played it on every format it was available in english, and hated the fact that the translation community spent time re-translating FFIV 200 times instead of cracking Ys V's encryption. I sold my perfect-mint copies of all the SNES titles last year, and I've even beaten Ys III. I am also going to get and actually play Ys I & II because I find the bumping system charming.

I do find it amazing that the games actually have rational normal prices. Only €12 regular price for a japanese (non-doujin) game? Impossibru!

Arthea

I'd be more inclined to give the game a shot if the PC version were still being published by Ubi. :p

Cheers. Don't worry, I'd never abandon GAF entirely!

(><)

don't go back on that promise! I'll keep an eye on you.
also nice tag! and fitting one

Don't worry bro, I was a big fan of Ys back in the day. Played it on every format it was available in english, and hated the fact that the translation community spent time re-translating FFIV 200 times instead of cracking Ys V's encryption. I sold my perfect-mint copies of all the SNES titles last year, and I've even beaten Ys III. I am also going to get and actually play Ys I & II because I find the bumping system charming.

I do find it amazing that the games actually have rational normal prices. Only &#8364;12 regular price for a japanese (non-doujin) game? Impossibru!

ya, Ys prices are reasonable on steam, refreshingly so.
At some point I plan to replay all Ys games I rebought on steam, I have very little of original copies of games left too.

Ozium

I've read only one or two reports on here of someone winning since the giveaway resumed.

I won twice last night, and once just again a few minutes ago... will enter again soon :)

I'VE GOT THE TOUCH

Rhaknar

I think Alpaca is just a phase.. Maybe

Why do you hate me so Rhaknar? Did I spit in your food yesterday?

yes :(

And if I hated you I wouldnt say anything, Im saying, sarcastically, that constantly asking for a tag isnt the way to do get one, is all

What does it refer to?

Not yet! Until I see nipples, it is still a dream!

you insta bought the game didnt you? admit it

Just play Deathmatch or Arms Race until you get used to it. It's a lot of fun when you just want to shoot some dudes without all the elitists from competitive matchmaking.

I think new players should really give Demolition mode a try. Mainly because it teaches the pace and style of CS better than respawning modes like Arms Race or Deathmatch, but is still a more casual mode than the competitive or casual playlists. It also progresses you through the guns as you get kills, which is good for getting good at the various different 'gun stages' of a match (pistols, smgs, rifles, etc).

Shadownet

Banned
And if I hated you I wouldnt say anything, Im saying, sarcastically, that constantly asking for a tag isnt the way to do get one, is all.

If I truly, desparately wanted one. I would have bribe a mod with tons of gifts already. But I'm not so.... Trust me. I could very well care less if I ever get one. If Stump comes out right now and say "Shadownet, you're never getting a tag" then that would be just dandy.

I'm just surprised it took JaseC this long to get his, but its well deserved.

you're a sourpuss, but I still love you.

Edit: people need to chill out. Marco -.- there's a different between stealth begging and joke.

Ozium

dota sucks - yay you get to click things for 50 minutes while people bitch at you..

the community is so toxic they should live in the tromaverse

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh that! I thought it was something else. Isn't that just family sharing?

As the "game" that was being given away suggests. ;) It worked out well as Enco only has 160-odd games himself and there's an eight-hour time difference between the UK and here.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Not yet! Until I see nipples on them hills, it is still a dream!

Do vague outlines count? Cuz there are some pretty vague outlines.

c38fa8851e3a94a.jpg

Dunno if its been posted, but there's new game coming by Gearbox!
Battleborn trailer
Looks promising to me especially since it's by Gearbox.

It looked kinda promising to me, mainly due to that steampunk character, but then I found out it was a moba and all interest just drained out of me like a sponge being squeezed of its delicious water.

zkylon

zkylewd
dam

i always thought it'd be suarez related

kind of a let down

I liked Digital a lot. Very charming story.
:>

that shit made me cry

c38fa8851e3a94a.jpg

Dunno if its been posted, but there's new game coming by Gearbox!
Battleborn trailer
Looks promising to me especially since it's by Gearbox.
weird post but that looks kinda cool

i mean it seems like space boredlands but british robot is interesting

still, it's not a new real brothers in arms games so idgaf

edit: also character variety in a fps! who the fuck cares!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom