• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milamber

holy shit you did too

Salute.gif

(´・ω・)つ (・(・

eek5

c38fa8851e3a94a.jpg

Dunno if its been posted, but there's new game coming by Gearbox!
Battleborn trailer
Looks promising to me especially since it's by Gearbox.

I like the style.

Whatever you do, don't read those youtube comments. Holy shit..

Do vague outlines count? Cuz there are some pretty vague outlines.

It looked kinda promising to me, mainly due to that steampunk character, but then I found out it was a moba and all interest just drained out of me like a sponge being squeezed of its delicious water.

Oh FPS MOBA? Yikes.

Arthea

c38fa8851e3a94a.jpg

Dunno if its been posted, but there's new game coming by Gearbox!
Battleborn trailer
Looks promising to me especially since it's by Gearbox.

not sure if serious

I can't belive waifu games are getting so much attention, yet we can't get Persona or Guilty Gear Xrd on Steam. :(

the list games we can't get on steam is so long, that nobody ever made one!
also to each their own, Milamber needs those games, for example.
where is my Steins Gate? (._.)

Shadownet

Banned
Does anyone know how to delete games from your library? Like completely. I got this game that is uninstalled.. But it's still there.. Staring at me.

ViviOggi

dota sucks - yay you get to click things for 50 minutes while people bitch at you..

the community is so toxic they should live in the tromaverse

Yeah man fuck those clicking games

Does anyone know how to delete games from your library? Like completely. I got this game that is uninstalled.. But it's still there.. Staring at me.

You have to message Steam support, they'll remove it for you.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
So I can finally reveal the mystery game that I won from jshackles last night - NASCAR The Game 2013. I will cherish it like I would my own child!

Deques

It's not possible. Maybe if you ask the Steam support.

Is it the Barbie game that you don't want anymore?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So I can finally reveal the mystery game that I won from jshackles last night - NASCAR The Game 2013. I will cherish it like I would my own child!

that sun is a pizza :eek:
Im the only one that gets you pizza dog

aku:jiki

I think DOTA2 looks kinda fun but the community does seem incredibly toxic and crap. Lots of loud-mouthed little shit teenagers, and that I do not want. Teenagers are just the worst thing on earth.

I'm not sure what happened to this thread but I'm not sure if I don't like it.
Embrace the Neopets chat bb xDDDD

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You have to message Steam support, they'll remove it for you.

If you go this route, note that removals are sub-based, so, say, if you bought a Humble Bundle key that included three games, it wouldn't be possible to have one removed without also losing the other two.

people say that but I've never been berated or bitched at in a competitive CS match. there is hazing for new people for sure but most people are actually helpful and will give advice in my experience.. in DOTA it's just not productive at all
Yeah, its usually in casual which doesn't require any time investment like competitive does, so you can just dump out and find different people to play with. I've barely played dota, but I always hear stories about how shitty the community is. Naturally that makes me kinda apprehensive about playing it more. That and I can only keep so many multiplayer games in a common rotation and still be able to get anything else done.

zkylon

zkylewd

if it's like a f2p game i'm pretty sure there's a way

i might be crazy but i remember a "permanently remove from your library" option in the site somewhere (not the client)

edit: found it.

go to https://store.steampowered.com/account/ and there should be a "remove" option there for f2p games

wilflare

curious question on how Modbot works
does MB process rules at the point of draw?
so let say I enter for Game A that has NOWINNERSDAILY
and like a few hours later I enter for Game B and since Game B has a shorter raffle, it ends earlier and ends up with me winning.
do I become disqualified for Game A since at the point of draw, I would have won something in the last day?

I think the only tag I'm likely to get is a banned tag.

Hahaha, me too. Especially lately.

Just give away 2000 keys. You might get a tag :)

I don't think JaseC gave away that many yet. And besides, the tag refers to his family share giveaway.... so that's kinda giving away 3000+ keys? give or take... but not really.

keep asking for it, thats a sure way to get one

Hahaha.

I think Alpaca is just a phase.. Maybe

Why do you hate me so Rhaknar? Did I spit in your food yesterday?

No hate there, just honesty. Asking for a tag is only apt to piss mods off and get you labeled with something you don't want, most likely.
Hell, even if you do something cool and get tagged for it, you might not like it.

tylerf

Dota seems okay but I don't like relying on other or having them rely on me in competitive game. I'd rather 1v1 in SC2 for that kind of thing.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Yeah, its usually in casual which doesn't require any time investment like competitive does, so you can just dump out and find different people to play with. I've barely played dota, but I always hear stories about how shitty the community is. Naturally that makes me kinda apprehensive about playing it more. That and I can only keep so many multiplayer games in a common rotation and still be able to get anything else done.

moba's tend to be like that.

curious question on how Modbot works
does MB process rules at the point of draw?
so let say I enter for Game A that has NOWINNERSDAILY
and like a few hours later I enter for Game B and since Game B has a shorter raffle, it ends earlier and ends up with me winning.
do I become disqualified for Game A since at the point of draw, I would have won something in the last day?
You've got it gist of it. ModBot rules only come into play once the raffle ends.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I don't think JaseC gave away that many yet. And besides, the tag refers to his family share giveaway.... so that's kinda giving away 3000+ keys? give or take... but not really.

wait what? THATS what the tag is for? how disapointing

I thought JaseC gave away his virginity to someone, thats the key to kingdom I know :(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Good. I can finally remove Bad Rats.

I joke

I downloaded Neotokyo yesterday. Uninstalled within 15 minutes..

If you want to remove a free game, visit your account page and click "Remove" opposite the name. Note that this will only work for very-recently-released free titles that use the new sub type.

Arthea

Talking about DOTA2, it seems to work better when you play with own team. Still, too much effort to get into MOBAs, for me, that is.

Specifically Nisemonogatari.

Bakemonogatari was great, actually, I lost touch with Monogatari after somehow.

edited: lol I had in mind Katanagatari, although Bakemonogatari was good too.

ViviOggi

people say that but I've never been berated or bitched at in a competitive CS match. there is hazing for new people for sure but most people are actually helpful and will give advice in my experience.. in DOTA it's just not productive at all

I've been getting back into CS:GO over the last couple of weeks and every other game people bitch about their team in all chat, try to kick someone for missing a single frag, beg to be kicked themselves and literally scream in their mic for no apparent reason, among countless other things. Meanwhile in Dota, where I'm ranked much higher, games aren't nearly as bad and the chat on TI4's newbie stream is the friendliest and most helpful place on the entirety of Twitch.

Turns out anecdotal experiences aren't representative for an entire, multi-million playerbase.

I've tried to get into Dota but I just don't see the appeal. I mean I see the appeal if it were a niche game, but not to the extent that it dwarfs everything else on the platform by orders of magnitude.

Around a hundred heroes or so with just as many items in the shop for combinations and loadouts to internalize, the majority of each game that takes the better part of an hour is sniping at mindless fodder while the opposition attempts the same not far from you, and if you don't have a party to play with you're in for hell. I don't really get it, but I haven't completely written it off yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom