• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadax

All this csgo talk makes me want to get it...not sure I can play it on my 512 kbps connection while travelling though lols

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
stealing a man's waifu is a big mistake Wilflare...

is he not kawaii enough?

lNZljJ7.jpg

BHK3

Banned
Grats... ;-;

That gif creeps me out.

Operation Breakout cases keep going down....do they really drop for everyone now? I don't see anything in the update notes or forums saying that.

I just saw like 4 drop in 1 match, drops must have reset

wilflare

Modbot is Sentient confirmed
- I entered for Sakura Spirits thinking nah I definitely won't win this, I haven't won anything I entered the past few days
- Modbot PMs me "You win Sakura Spirits"

lol. hope it gets cards... the cards from them will be very valuable... right?

dot

You just answered my next question. Do I need the pass to get drops.

Well, you can still get regular drops.

I don't think you can get the Operation Breakout drops though without buying the pass...

I guess it's just people undercutting for no reason except wanting to sell it faster.

I just saw like 4 drop in 1 match, drops must have reset

Ah, that makes sense.

Beelzebubs

Yeah especially considering only one person really needs it out of a group and all can play, even without the pass. The case drops are good for like 1-2 weeks to sell then they drop off big time.

To get the new drops yes

Bugger. Not enough money in steam wallet, will have to buy on Tuesday.

FtHTiny

- I entered for Sakura Spirits thinking nah I definitely won't win this, I haven't won anything I entered the past few days

If it gets a background it will be worth hundrets.

FtHTiny

I have some Croixleur Sigma cards that go for about 50c a pop.. do I sell them or risk crafting for a sweet waifu wallpaper?

Someone linked this ridiculous overprized background once. Don´t know if it´s norm for every waifu background.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Sakura Spirit is climbing the Steam sales charts

Faith in humanity being sorely tested right now

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Do you get packs of cards for making badges or can you still sell everything and get them?

You mean boosters? They're given out at random after you've received all of the drops for a game. It's not reliant on how many badges you have, but getting your profile to higher levels means you have a higher chance of booster packs appearing in your inventory.

Sakura Spirit is climbing the Steam sales charts

Faith in humanity being sorely tested right now

Same, all faith in humanity will be restored if it makes it to the top five.

Speevy

Banned
You mean boosters? They're given out at random after you've received all of the drops for a game. It's not reliant on how many badges you have, but getting your profile to higher levels means you have a higher chance of booster packs appearing in your inventory.

Same, all faith in humanity will be restored if it makes it to the top five.

Thanks.

One more question...does Steam autobuy your cards from you if you price them really low?

I found it unlikely that some sniper is waiting to buy my cards 1/10 of a second after I posted them.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks.

One more question...does Steam autobuy your cards from you if you price them really low?

I found it unlikely that some sniper is waiting to buy my cards 1/10 of a second after I posted them.

Not Valve, but I'm sure people have set up bots to that in the past. Plus, the new buy orders make it easier to buy cards for very low prices automatically.

Ozium

Thanks.

People place a buy order for x amount of money and if one appears for x or less then they auto buy it

edit: Battlepillars Gold is in the Groupees Tuesday bundle as bonus #2

Urge to buy Sunless Sea rising...

It seems pretty neat so far, interested to see how terror affects things as my meter has started rising. Only real issue is that as of now a lot of the options are blocked out with notifications that they will be fleshed out in future updates. As it stands in the 80 minutes I played I never felt limited in things to do so hopefully that continues when I get back to it tomorrow. Still not entirely sure if I like the writing as a whole, lot of fake words and on the nose dialogue but there's been some amusing moments and fun descriptions of terrible happenings.

As for monitors, the 21:9 ones seem neat but gsync is really the priority for me at the moment. Thus, the RoG Swift and Asus 4K models with gsync are what I'm holding out for. Crazy how much neat monitor tech has popped up in the last year or so.

People place a buy order for x amount of money and if one appears for x or less then they auto buy it

edit: Battlepillars Gold is in the Groupees Tuesday bundle as bonus #2

Yeah I almost missed this bundle. Bought it about 2 hours ago and I've already finished Pretentious Game! Interesting little platformer in the the vein of Thomas was Alone.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So I'm over here farming cards for Crimson Clover and I wonder how much I have done this sort of thing, then I see Enhanced Steam says I have sold $112.95 in cards.

Thanks for the free games, Gabe.

Reposting one last time.
I just eliminated myself after the fact via winning Scribblenauts. Ah well, probably like 130 people entered for Witcher 3 anyways.

Mono

The demand for Steam card waifus is high, so probably!

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Dunno been trying to sell some 100% orange juice foils. No takers.

I sold one of those for $4 a few days after I put it up on the market. Selling foils for more obscure anime games that haven't been bundled or put on a high percentage sale takes a little bit of time.

I really need to play Analogue and Hate Plus ^

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
On this note, I added icons for eShop, PSN, and XBL to ModBot today, so it's an ongoing reminder that if any of you want to give away Shovel Knight for 3DS in the Nintendo Downloads thread, or whatever other miscellaneous console loot you have, GO FOR IT! :)

Do we have to use the threadurl rule in the psn/ninty download thread?

And does these icons appear automatically or do I have to specify something?

eshop/psn/xbl codes should have little flags next to them though :(

edit: nevermind, I see you've updated the modbot tutorial post! :) I still think region flags could be a neat feature for giving away region locked codes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom