• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Sakura Spirit passed Rust and is now 9th in the top selling list

1353382660419.jpg

Ozium

I've been getting back into CS:GO over the last couple of weeks and every other game people bitch about their team in all chat, try to kick someone for missing a single frag, beg to be kicked themselves and literally scream in their mic for no apparent reason, among countless other things. Meanwhile in Dota, where I'm ranked much higher, games aren't nearly as bad and the chat on TI4's newbie stream is the friendliest and most helpful place on the entirety of Twitch.

Turns out anecdotal experiences aren't representative for an entire, multi-million playerbase.

are you playing competitive CS?

my anecdotal experience is enough for me, since in the 5 or so matches of DOTA 2 I've played every experience has been the same... can't say the same about competitive CS

edit: I also believe there's a direct correlation between the release of DOTA and Steam going down more often... as well as DOTA 2 being the reason we will never get Half Life 3...

saunderez

I was serious, I enjoyed ACM for what it was, I went with super low expectations and had fun with the game, couldn't ask for more since the game cost me 2.5€

I tried but I just couldn't do it. Sure the game itself was cheap...but time....I think posting on GAF is a more valuable use of my time than that game.

28hrs later.
I've finished Dark Souls!
WOW, what a game.

Now I need to figure out what game to play after binging on Dark Souls for the past week and a bit, any suggestions for an easy to play RPG?

Shadownet

Banned
Why exactly? I was thinking of downloading it.

I think its made from Source? The control are clunky, environments look terrible. I mean the only cool thing is that there is limited stealth camo.

Honestly, you better off paying 4keys to a Russian and go play CS:GO. But NeoTokyo is less than 2GB. So try it out yourself.

No hate there, just honesty. Asking for a tag is only apt to piss mods off and get you labeled with something you don't want, most likely.
Hell, even if you do something cool and get tagged for it, you might not like it.

I wasn't asking for one but okay. I'll drop the joke since it was apparently an bad one. My apologies mods!I Seriously don't care about tag, but for future reference I won't mention it again.

If it's a f2p game then you can go here and remove it
https://store.steampowered.com/account/

Im not trying to remove NeoTokyo. Its a paid game. Paid game I don't think you can remove it.

zkylon

zkylewd

Shadownet

Banned
28hrs later.
I've finished Dark Souls!
WOW, what a game.

Now I need to figure out what game to play after binging on Dark Souls for the past week and a bit, any suggestions for an easy to play RPG?

Dark Souls 2?

Edit: beaten badly.

Honestly idk that many jrpg on steam. If this was PSN however..

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Im not trying to remove NeoTokyo. Its a paid game. Paid game I don't think you can remove it.

Yeah, paid game removals have to be handled by Valve. As I said yesterday I don't think Valve will ever allow users to remove them:

After all the hullabaloo with people originally being able to delete items from their inventories (most notably, many users "accidentally" deleted their L4D2 Bill's Hat in order to score the rarer Vintage replacement), the best I see happening is Valve streamlining the game deletion request process a bit -- I don't think it'll ever be something users will be able to do themselves. It's less a matter of Valve expending the effort and more that people are fickle, stupid and untrustworthy. ;)

Sober

I actually might, lol, it's like $47 at Ozgameshop for a physical version of it and I did quite enjoy my time on Dark Souls.
Oh, I was just joking when you asked for easy RPGs.

Because Dark Souls 2 was made by the DREADED B-TEAM and all that crap (source: NeoGAF) and also it is just more Dark Souls, more or less, so you are set.

ViviOggi

are you playing competitive CS?
I'm playing the "competitive" (aka ranked) mode. If you're talking about actually competitive, organized matches of CS involving custom leagues and clans your comparison is even more off-base.

my anecdotal experience is enough for me, since in the 5 or so matches of DOTA 2 I've played every experience has been the same... can't say the same about competitive CS
It's certainly enough for you to decide whether you want to keep playing or not, but I think you realize that the impression you got from 45 players doesn't justify judging 9+ million people, just like I'm not going around vilifying CS players because there's been a whole bunch of bad apples in my ~80 trench tier matches.

HL3 is in development.

i thought we made it clear which zomba is the real good one already
It's Dawngate

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Lost Planet 3 is now entirely a Steamworks game, as it should have been in the first place.

Shadownet

Banned
Yeah, paid game removals have to be handled by Valve. As I said yesterday I don't think Valve will ever allow users to remove them:

I can see people abusing of removal of games and items. But its still mind boggling that if you buy a really bad game. You're stuck with it. At least give us an option to hide it in a folder somewhere where the sun dont shine.

Arthea

Any Trails updates btw?

I don't know you've seen it or not, but last update was that they are doing QA already, so we can expect the first games soonish, the second.... only Odin knows when.

Not anytime soon I think. Shooting for 2015 or something.

that's false... if even we can assume that SC won't be released this year most likely, or in winter earliest. The FC definitely is coming this year.

Oh, I was just joking when you asked for easy RPGs.

Because Dark Souls 2 was made by the DREADED B-TEAM and all that crap (source: NeoGAF) and also it is just more Dark Souls, more or less, so you are set.
Oh right, haha, l totally missed that you bolded the easy to play rpgs bit, my bad.

This is your daily reminder to get all the Ys games on sale on Steam peoples
IMG
I actually own all of these but never gave them a fair shot, that image makes me want to play Oath in Felghana though, so I may install that and see how it is.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
"Pizza Dog" is a recent change.

Yeah, it was Menorable before that, who was a one-shot hanukkah-themed cat character from the Christmas special. No idea why I got given that as a tag when I've always been rocking PD. Stump helped me set things right.

Monooboe

This is your daily reminder to get all the Ys games on sale on Steam peoples
s2igs71.jpg

Watching it during Eid holidays over here.

Ok now I am interested, always overlooked the series but always been curious, they've been in my Steam shopping basket several times.XD Though Summer sale kind of drained my budget, so I will get them during the wintersale!:D

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I can see people abusing of removal of games and items. But its still mind boggling that if you buy a really bad game. You're stuck with it. At least give us an option to hide it in a folder somewhere where the sun dont shine.

youre not even buying games anyway. youre buying licenses to use the games, they are not actually yours :p

Yeah, it was Menorable before that, who was a one-shot hanukkah-themed cat character from the Christmas special. No idea why I got given that as a tag when I've always been rocking PD. Stump helped me set things right.

Stump is Hawkeye confirmed :O

Milamber

I don't know you've seen it or not, but last update was that they are doing QA already, so we can expect the first games soonish, the second.... only Odin knows when.

that's false... if even we can assume that SC won't be released this year most likely, or in winter earliest. The FC definitely is coming this year.

That is a lot more reassuring. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom