• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys, today is my birthday! So to celebrate I decided to gift you something instead. This is a game I hold very dear, and I consider it one of the best from last gen. It's very short but very intense, with an incredible soundtrack (which is actually a variation of the first song of the first game in the franchise) and beautiful backgrounds and UI. I consider it a very emotional experience, as it puts me in a good mood pretty much every time I play it. It's just that good.

This is basically that first game in reverse, but improved in every single way and with several new things, and I love it a lot more. It's easier to finish due to having checkpoints before each section and infinite continues, but also harder to perfect because there are certain beats that have to be avoided. And despite being so short, this is the one I've replayed the most from the whole saga, and I never get tired of it (it even managed to surpass Runner in my list of favorites). It's over in about an hour, provided you don't lose at any time, but it's an incredible hour with no waste. And if you've been following the franchise you will notice some throwbacks to the previous games, which are great.

So yeah, in case I wasn't clear before, I love this game. The PC port, sadly, leaves a lot to be desired, and I was forced to play it in a window to make mouse movement feel better (otherwise it had so much mouse acceleration it was virtually unplayable), but the game itself is incredible nevertheless. I still think the best experience is on Wii, thanks to the Wiimote being the best controller for this (the motion controls work perfectly well) and vibrating along with the beat, and the fact that the Bit.Trip Complete version has 20 additional challenges not available in any other platform, so if you have the chance to play it there I'd recommend that you do it. That said, it's still a fantastic game to have on Steam (and 3DS, and Android if it ever comes there too), so you shouldn't waste this opportunity of owning it.

I'm only going to ask one thing of you: that you actually play this game if you end up winning it. In other giveaways I never really cared if you got the games to play them or just for the +1 (though it's always nicer when they come to a home where they are appreciated), but since this is a game I appreciate so much and enjoy very deeply, I would want the winners to try it instead of letting it rot in their libraries. I am not going to stalk each winner's Steam account to see if they have played it or not, nor ask them for opinions or anything, so I will never find out whether they did. I just ask that you be sincere, and if you know you are never going to launch it please avoid entering the raffle, so you leave the opportunity to someone who will. I don't even care if you finish it or not (although you should!); all I want is that you give it a chance, because I feel this game deserves it.

Oh, and one last thing: I've been having problems to send the third copy to my email (had to use a different one for each), so if you won and didn't get the link for the Steam gift, please PM me (or add me on Steam) and I'll send it to you the normal way (which hopefully will work fine) as soon as I log in tomorrow and read your message. So... good luck and have fun!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (RionaaM, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This is a fantastic little game. So please make sure you are going to play it before entering for this giveaway.

Bit.Trip Flux -- MB-C4A3A61CE5E34EFC - Taken by alr1ght. 8 entrants total.
Bit.Trip Flux #2 -- MB-3EBF1BE131AF6474 - Taken by Sgt.Pepper. 7 entrants total.
Bit.Trip Flux #3 -- MB-6BCCF078FB1B1C24 - Taken by Atraveller. 7 entrants total.

t1404882871z1.png

The nbnt giveaway train stops for no man, this dude is wild. Just finished The Wolf Among Us Ep. 5, really enjoyed, it was a nice wrap up to the season.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
If any steam gaffers want to play the new tf2 maps, we are playing at the official unofficial GAF server at tf2.capthatpoint

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Too bad they gave it away a while ago so I already have it. Picked up Paper Mario a long time ago too, so nothing for me this month. I'm hoping that the Platinum Rewards will be really good this year, followed by stuff I actually want to spend coins on.
I hope you have played it, because that is one of Ninty's best.

From an old groupees bundle, I now have a steam key for Suguri Collection. Apparently a group of users is mad at the developer for not providing steam keys to other bundle/early access purchasers. Does the situation mean I should give away my key, or not do so?

Tellaerin

This is disturbing. I play Transformers: War for Cybertron for a little while, come back, and find we're well into a new thread. >_< Just wrapped up the third Decepticon mission, and the game continues to be awesome. Hope it maintains this level of quality all the way through.

Hey guys, today is my birthday!

Happy birthday, man! Hope it's been a good one!

Mono

So yeah, in case I wasn't clear before, I love this game. The PC port, sadly, leaves a lot to be desired, and I was forced to play it in a window to make mouse movement feel better (otherwise it had so much mouse acceleration it was virtually unplayable), but the game itself is incredible nevertheless. I still think the best experience is on Wii, thanks to the Wiimote being the best controller for this (the motion controls work perfectly well) and vibrating along with the beat, and the fact that the Bit.Trip Complete version has 20 additional challenges not available in any other platform, so if you have the chance to play it there I'd recommend that you do it. That said, it's still a fantastic game to have on Steam (and 3DS, and Android if it ever comes there too), so you shouldn't waste this opportunity of owning it.

Happy birthday!! Hope you have an excellent day!!

I own Flux on the 3DS and it's great, but I always thought it would be better with a mouse! That's a bit of a let down, too bad! :(

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
From an old groupees bundle, I now have a steam key for Suguri Collection. Apparently a group of users is mad at the developer for not providing steam keys to other bundle/early access purchasers. Does the situation mean I should give away my key, or not do so?

what does one thing have to do with the other?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys, today is my birthday!

Happy birthday :D

I hope you have played it, because that is one of Ninty's best.

Yep, played it when I picked up. I'm not sure if I like it more than The Thousand Year Door, but the first Paper Mario is excellent. Shame that the later two games in the franchise left a lot to be desired.

Do you want to play it? If so, unless you really want to boycott something like that, don't give it away.

dot

sell it for money

jk If you're not gonna redeem it, might as well give it away...

Really digging Shadow Run Returns. Decided to be a Decker. Kinda regret my choice in some regards. Still, I love these types of games. Love the setting and I like the turn based combat.

I went Decker too and yeah....should have picked a different route. Not much Matrix stuff compared to gunplay.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
This one definitely seems better than Club Nintendo's usual 3DS options, especially because it's the 3D classic over the original.

I'm wondering if I should get this, too, though!

I'm sitting on like 210.. but I think I kind of remember hating Kid Icarus as a kid.

I'm thinking to just sit on these and hope for something cool to match my Luigi statue.

They need to just do a vinyl Toad statue.

StAidan

Happy birthday, RionaaM. I enjoy the BIT.TRIP series and already own FLUX on Steam, so I won't be entering, but I agree it's a great game (even if I'm not very good at it), so it's cool to see it in a giveaway.

And, catching up to other stuff in the new thread....

Shantae Risky's Revenge is finally releasing on Steam on the 15th. SO HYPE RIGHT NOW

Nice! I've never played a Shantae game but always wanted to remedy that, I've just been waiting on a Steam release.

Started playing Arkham Asylum, this game is so good. I just love sneaking around, doing silent takedowns or hanging thugs from gargoyles, grappling around the environment, it's just so much fun. Just finished the Scarecrow encounter, that was fun.

Arkham Asylum was one of my favorites out of games I've played this year. I liked the experience of having a fair bit of free roam collection and a tight, contained plot line that moves at a good clip. I also really enjoyed the combat and stealth mechanics -- I've done most of the extra stuff in challenge mode but still need to complete some of the harder ones.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks a lot for the greetings! I left work early today and went to eat BBQ with a couple of friends (just the ones who weren't working nor at university at the time), and then I came home to find that Germany was behaving a little too bad with poor Brazil (I'm not a football guy, but I'd be a liar if I told you that didn't feel good!)

I had forgotten about new rewards... and Paper Mario is one! Nice
if only it were for 3DS :(
Man, you have no idea what I would do to have the first 3 games on 3DS. And I should play the 4th title one of these days.

happy bday RionaaM I hope argentina loses harder than brasil today much luv
Yeah, maybe 14-3 or so. So we can kick Brazil's ass and be 3rd, right? :p

Happy Birthday, Rionaa! :)

I won't enter your giveaway because I already own Flux on the Wii, but it's a really great game and I hope the winners enjoy it!
Oh, don't worry about that. If you think you may replay it, feel free to go ahead and enter!

Happy birthday!! Hope you have an excellent day!!

I own Flux on the 3DS and it's great, but I always thought it would be better with a mouse! That's a bit of a let down, too bad! :(
If you play it in window mode then mouse movement feels a lot better. It's not as good as Beat, but to me it was totally acceptable.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Apioverdetuiu RionaaM!! :D

happy bday RionaaM I hope argentina loses harder than brasil today much luv
I approve of this.

Brazil will lose in the losers match and bring greater shame to themselves and we will all enjoy it.
The lesson here is that Brazil won't host a World Cup ever again.

Nice! I've never played a Shantae game but always wanted to remedy that, I've just been waiting on a Steam release.
Yeah, it's been greenlit since November 2012, so it's about damn time it actually released. I'm guessing it wasn't really much of a priority project for them, which is why it took so long.

Sky Chief

Almost forgot I had this

Good luck!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sky Chief:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sky Chief, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Daylight -- MB-5642507ABDD2B515 - Taken by SalsaShark

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wondering if angry group exists on gaf, and whether they'd be grateful or annoyed I guess. It isn't my style of game, so I have no use for it and didn't use the desura key either.

im sure someone will take it, as im sure it will be in a bunch of bundles in no time and people will get it there also

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom